Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

White Wolfers unite!

The Broken Lunatic

Super-Earth
How many of you are familiar with White Wolf?

World of Darkness?

Vampire: The Masquerade?
Werewolf: Apocalypse?
Mage: The Ascension?
Hengeyokai: Eastern Changing Breeds?
Changeling: The Dreaming?

If you are familiar with any games under the White Wolf name, please post here and make yourself known. Also, include whatever games you are experienced with.

And, if you know anyone who is familiar with WoD, recruit them.​

I'mma putting this thread up: Character Discussion.

That's for people to talk in detail about how we want to handle actually playing, i.e. the mechanics.

I'm starting another thread for prospective GMs to discuss what they want to do, and see how we want to swing different games. GM Discussion is the rule of the day, there.

Don't take this to mean I'm in any way stepping in and taking control or anything like that. All I'm doing is providing some organizational impetus. I am in no way the boss of anyone! I'm not even sure I want to run anything myself (though I'm toying with the idea).

So I'm not in charge. I'm just trying to help us ALL get focused and move forward. C'mon with me, folks! :-D

I ran a lot of Changing Breed, Vampire, and normal Werewolf RPs,
But all based in my own world and what not,
So their BGs were different than the normal series of creatures
I.E. The War of Rage never happened, yata yata....

So I wouldn't be that great I guess, lol
Only as a player would I be good...
(I ran in an actual Vampire RP as a Gangrel, only one or two sessions)

I'm familiar with Hunter: The Reckoning (I don't have the book anymore); Aberrant; Exalted, both editions; Hunter: The Vigil; Scion. I also know some of the lore for the OWoD Werewolf, Promethean, and a bit of Mage.

I've kinda got a love/hate relationship with White Wolf, because, say, when Aberrant asked, "What Would You Do With The Power Of A God?" my answer sure fuck wasn't to be a super-chef, super-courier, or super-temp as the Player's Guide so helpfully pointed out I should be after making it plain that the game was not the Superfriends.

I've only played in LARPs myself.... and most of them were sans pen and paper and more akin to a combination of VtM and Belagarth than the traditional game. xD

So anyways, people should start designing characters, ne?

Heya. I'm just coming back after a froced hiatus but I've always been a fan of White Wolf since I first found out about it. I prefer Tzimisce for my clan but I can play others.

I'd rather be more in-touch with my Beast
A-thank you, a-thank you ^,.,^

Animals intrigue me, very much.
In addition, my Gangrel was more into the dominating them thing...
Had my own pet fox even ^,.,^

Welcome back, Lyra! I actually have wondered with occasional frequency what happened to you!

As far as Kindred, I prefer either Ravnos or Ventrue. My Ravnos, he's just a free-spirited Gypsy dude (or chick), so sometimes comic relief, but always with the chimmerstry. Ventrue concepts tend to be either valorous knight throwbacks, honestly philanthropic business rebels, or kind of off-the-wall but not the least bit typical (this last would also work well as a Toreador).

As far as Garou, I have a lovely Cockney Bone Gnawer, a very short guy with an Alpha-wolf complex who gets along well with Nosferatu and other pragmatic non-snobby types. He also has a 1970 Dodge Charger specially fetished so he can drive it into the Spirit World (and it runs on banes and pattern spiders, so it's environmentally sound).

My favorite, however, is Tradition mages. Nephandi and Marauders are just NPCs, they don't work particularly well as PCs, and Technocracy, while viable, tend to be more limited by their worldview for my taste (plus they'd intensely rarely deign to work with Reality Deviants). But I've got a character concept for each and every Tradition and most of the Crafts. And there's plenty of good reasons why any of them might dabble with any of the other species.

Hey MM ^.^ I lost my internets. Oh I would also love to play a techno-shaman GW Theurge, but I dont have the werewolf book available to me atm.

Ok so. So far, we have two Tzimisce and a gangrel for sure.

I already have mine fleshed out (forgive the pun) as well. She's a dual character, so prepare to be confused.

Her name is Razakel, Raz for short. You will NEVER know whether she belongs to Malkavian or Ravnos. Why? Because she constantly switches between the two.

As a Malkavian, she 'claims' that her Ravnos side is a split personality which she 'claims' to have no knowledge about. She is often seen talking to billboards and various inanimate objects such as microwaves. She also has problems with irrational anger, occasionally flipping out on people for things like wearing shoes and sporting pink flamingos on their front lawns.

As a Ravnos, her criminal expertise lies in identity theft. She claims that her Malkavian side is an alter-ego she adopted long ago for purposes unknown, and has used it so many times she slips into it naturally. A natural at illusion, she can assume the role of nearly anyone on the planet.

This is just an idea I had, what do you think? Lunatic can vouch for my character-playing abilities, as we've RP'ed before.

Mhm, BUT it's been a looooong time since we've done anything together, Eli.
Bow chika bow wow.

Anywho, I've already stated what I can play. But if need be, I can thumb through the pages of my player guides and create new characters. NPCs even. Hell, my Mech Garou could be perfect NPCs for plot further down the road.

Question: Anyone familiar with the OTHER clans of Vampire? Like the Samedi, Baali, Daughters of Cacophony, etc?​

Honestly, my expertise is in the bloodlines. I know of every bloodline and most permutations.

I know Spiritus and post-spiritus Ahrimanes. I know Dark Ages Kiasyd (Obtenebration, Mytherceria, Potence), 2nd edition Kiasyd (Ob, Myth, Necromancy), and Modern day Kiasyd (Ob, Myth, Dominate). I know both EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL and Hive Baali. I know Victorian, 2nd, and modern Daughters (plus some history of the two times alternate clans made them...), Nihilistics and post-Nihilistics Nagaraja, but I love Nihilistics better than post-Nihilistics Nagaraja.

I know the two Asian types, Gaki and Bushi. In fact I have every book a bloodline dared peek their awesome heads in.

So, yes, I know bloodlines. I like them better than most clans generally.

I think she's just pleased to have a resource. I didn't spend a lot of time on the bloodlines, myself; as a player I never played one, and as a GM I went with what little I had and made up what I needed. My main expertise is mages, honestly, and general WoD weirdness. So I think she really likes your skillset.

See if you can parley that into something. XD

Well thats kind of odd,
I'm best at the Changing Breeds, lol

Not saying I'm the greatest though :? :oops:
I think I would like to learn about the Victorian one...
I love the Victorian era, so a bloodline named after it might intrigue me either way, lol

The Victorian Age sourcebooks (all three of them) introduced no new bloodlines. The ones that were prominent at the time were the Samedi, Kiasyd (who loved the era), Daughters of Cacophony, Salubri, and Gargoyles if I can remember correctly. If you want a Victorian era bloodline, you'd either need an anachronistic Kiasyd or to make one up yourself.

Yeah. Gargoyles first came about in 1112 if I remember correctly. They were created by Virstania, one year after her Embrace. She was seen as an upstart, brash Tremere but she had five (and soon many, many more) Gargoyles who saw her as a mother figure and rabidly protected her.

The first Gargoyles were made by her butchering and adding magics to the remains of Nosferatu, Gangrel, and Tzimisce corpses and throwing them in pots to let them stew while chanting to bring them to form. Seen as a rather wasteful escapade by most Tremere, she was allowed to do this. She succeeded. She then created Alvusia, a gigantic, amputee "oven" of sorts. She takes the slop parts of the aforementioned Vampires and opens the stomach of Alvusia and pours them in. The mother figure then gestates the monstrosity and soon a Gargoyle is made that is the sum of the two/three generations of Vampires made to create it. At the earliest experiments this usually created 9th-10th "generation" Gargoyles. She had several 8th generation Gargoyles and one 7th generation. The 7th generation one escaped into the hills when it (generally claimed to be a she) broke free of the mind control.

At the collapse of the Ceoris Chantry Virstania had about 50-75 gargoyles who considered her their mother. About 25 had escaped and the rest were loaned out to other Tremere. She had grown tired of how her "children" were treated and fled into seclusion. In the Vampire Canon she is one of a handful of Tremere who is no longer blood bound to the council and a renegade. The fact she has a literal army of gargoyles supporting her doesn't hurt this fact. She has sent out her children to spy on both the Camarilla and (when they were alive) Sabbat chantries. She actively tries to free all "slave" Gargoyles. Of her first brood, Fidus, Luma, and Saxum survive, it is unknown whether the first freed "Matron" is still alive. The fifth died trying to protect her.

So, yeah, history of Gargoyles. Yay. Probably more than was asked, but I had the time.

Yo, sorry I've been gone so long, (Nobody cares...) but I've been out making enemies with half of the site apparently.

Should we make another thread to try to form a concrete idea of what we're doing? I've been looking forward to this roleplay taking off for what seems like ages... I promise I'll shut the fuck up and listen this time, I won't subject anybody to any of my weird humor or use any of my personality whatsoever...X3

I have no idea what we are doing. I lost interest long ago with what seemed to be either a war of the species or the forced habitation project because neither fit my play style, nor was it close to what I wanted to storytell.. I kept posting to try and find solutions for those who wanted to play that game though, it just seems to have died off or not had any continuation.

At best I am thinking of first posting my idea for an Infernals Exalted game featuring 3-4 Green Sun Princes and 1-2 Lunar or Solar Akuma. I'm just not sure if it will last when school comes next semester. I have the basic plot I want, but I want to have what could be three good scenarios, in case one gets utterly derailed and destroyed as does happen in Exalted. Which rocks, of course.

I'm also holding out for Scroll of Heroes for my biggest NPC I have had since 1st edition.

The other idea would be running a Thin Blood chronicle. I always just loved the thin blooded book. Don't hold your breath on that though, I am most likely sticking with Exalted. No fucking Tremere that way.

Yeah, well, I had a foolish dream of maybe reviving it. I sorta feel like I killed it, I hope I didn't, but I'm starting to feel self conscious. I like you guys...girls... what the fuck ever, okay Misa? X3

I've never gotten to play it before, but I know bits and pieces. If you decide to run an exalted game, I'll gladly join you, and I don't go to school again until next year, so no worries about losing me. Well, you probably weren't worried.

if you really want to do it, do it; if you lose some people when school starts, maybe you'll have had enough fun with it that it'll have been worth it anyway. Then you can start a new group of people who can play during the school year, and use the same story, and be amazed at how differently things happen.

That's my opinion

Back
Top Bottom