Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What makes you...

Christian_Day

Patron Saint of Rape
What makes you lose interest in an RP thread?

Looking through one of the boards, there are threads in various states of dis-repair. If you're in a thread, and drop it...why?

1) partner ability (or lack thereof)
2) Time (if you get busy is there a 'stale date', where you lose interest?)
3) Subject matter (well..I didn't say no necrophiliac clowns..but ...still)
4) The thread has explored anything it 'realistically' can (realistic being subjective of course).

I'm a very much 'go with the the heat of the moment' rp'er..so I can see #2 being my ultimate downfall, especially on threads or PM. (IM is easier to keep my interest).

I try and stick with rp's, I dun wanna disappoint people, but if they leave if too long I just say "That's dead", unbookmark it and forget about it XD

To be honest, it's usually #1 for me.

I do a lot of thinking outside of the internet and dwell on plots and angles for lots of things. When I come up with a bitching idea and I get a few replies, I get the lamest and most unimaginitive character ever.

An example would be:

High fantasy world, magic is common place and even the lower incomes have access to it, lots of races cohabitate along side monsterous humanoids, airships, inter planar travel is much like taking an airplane over seas, etc.

I come up with a new character much like an air genasai bardic monk who travels the planes in search of her half-brother who holds the secret to her memory loss. All she knows is where he's been seen last and what he looks like. She recruits a few people (all of whom I play who have equally semi-complex backgrounds to give reasons to join) to help her out and pays them via the money she makes from performing (whether secual acts or actual performing.) Your character is one of the recruits.

The character I get is Joe Shmoe, the human fighter. Brow hair, brow eyes, average everything. No family. No friends. And IMO, not worth the effort.

It's crap like this that makes me be very selective about who I RP with. I'll admit I have some RPs on hold whie I regain some inspiration, but I feel like I should just tell the people that I may have to drop it.

Back
Top Bottom