Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

Aurora sighed as it was all over. She entered the house and just collapsed on the couch, her mind was racing worried about the the dangers that were following them. "I don't know what to do, I mean we are safer here than we were before but we are still be attack."

They are trying to stop us from becoming the alphas in the clan. If we do , then they will have failed. Perhaps then they would stop.

Aurora sighed. "I like it here I like these people, I am just afraid if we were to become alphas what does that mean for us. I am not a leader, I like our life, I don't want to be over run with things we must do for the clan, I want to worry about our family first and foremost. "

"Haven't you noticed how different it is here? so much less formality. That is why the elders pursue us. They don't want this clan to succeed. They are protecting the old ways. This clan represents new ways to them."

"I have noticed, can you promises me by doing this thing will remain as they are for us and our family, I like have so much time with you and the children."

"We will be the alphas, change if any will be within our control. We can even change things for the better if we see fit." Instead of working outside the clan, my job will be the clan. It would mean more time here, not less. I wouldn't have to go outside to earn a living. The young women will want to follow your example. You have the opportunity to shape the culture of the clan by how you live, what you value."

Aurora seemed to be in thought for a long time. She bit her lip and looked up at Robert. "Alright well I guess the only thing we can do is try." She said softly she didn't know what else to to make the attacks stop.

"I am not sure it will stop the attacks, but it should. Once we have committed to a clan, we cant be part of theirs even by their laws. " He hugged Aurora and kissed her gently. "I will tell Elizabeth in the morning. For night lets just relax and enjoy the children."

Aurora leaned against him and drew a deep breath. " yes we should spend time with the children tonight, especially Ashe I have never seen him act that way."

"Did you see his eyes? They burned bright yellow. He was on the verge of changing. His wolf genes are very strong. Seeing his brother threatened and tasting his own blood nearly made him change. He is very young for that to occur, but it is not unheard of. He will very likely be an extremely large and powerful male. For now we will need to try and preserve his childhood as long as possible, but be prepared for the possibility of him changing early." Robert sat on the floor with the boy and they played with his dragons and laughed with him as they played.

Aurora was worried for her son. She really did just want him to enjoy his childhood. She got up from the couch as Robert stayed with the boys she then went to kitchen and made dinner. She made roasted chicken and homemade potatoes with bacon and cheese. And roasted vegetable it was about an hour before she as able to call everyone to the table to eat.

Robert made Ashe clean up the floor and wash his hands from playing with the worms and the three hurried to the table. "Momma, what will they do with the man who attacked Lukka?" Ashe asked as they ate.

Aurora smiled as the three came in. She poured drinks and then sat next to Lukka helping cut his chicken. She looked up at Ashe "they will keep him in jail so he can not hurt anyone else"

Ashe looked at her puzzled for a minute and asked "why did he want to hurt Lukka? are there other bad men around like him? " He scooted closer to Lukka. "Don't worry momma, I won't let anyone hurt him ever." Ashe then went back to snarfing down potatoes.

"I am not sure why he wanted to hurt Lukka sometimes people do things that makes no sense to the rest of us" she smiled As he said he would look after Lukka he was certainly becoming a good big bother.

Robert winked at Aurora and looked proudly at his son. They let them play until they were exhausted, and then Robert took them up the stairs and to bed. When they were safely asleep, he wrapped his arm around Aurora and the walked out to the porch to enjoy the cool night air. "It is amazing how fast they are growing" Robert said. " These are precious times". He loved how Aurora's body felt tucked against him under his arm.

Aurora was finishing the dishes as Robert came and took out to the porch. "We are very lucky to have two wonderful boys"she leaned her head against his shoulder listening to the crickets and watching the fireflies that were in the bushes

Robert kissed her gently as they had a peaceful moment ogether for the first time in a long while. He felt passions stir within him and lfted her into his lap.

Aurora shook her head when he pulled her on to his laps. "I know what your thinking however you will still need to give me time heal a bit more before we try any of that." She smiled a bit

"well at least we can cuddle" he said "no harm in that". They sat and looked at the stars and he held her gently in his arms.

Aurora smiled and leaned against him. "I hope this the time either one us would be hurt like this, I am sick of hospitals and everything else."

Robert agreed. "at least here we have others to protect our family and as the alpha's they will be even more inclined to do so."

"I just don't want there to be a reason for needing protection any longer, I am sick of always being on my guard and looking over my shoulder." She sighed a bit

"I am too, we can only hope that happens, unfortunately that is beyond our control unless we resort to great violence, that might see us all killed."

Aurora sighed a bit but she knew he was right nothing was guaranteed with this plan it was only their hope it would work. "Maybe we should head to bed, it was a busy day and I am sure the boys will have up early tomorrow."

Back
Top Bottom