Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

He helped her to her feet andnd into her robe andcarried her down stirs and out to the ch as he began climbing tair. he helped her get comfortable there where she could watch the boys play and be in the fresh air. Ashe ran up and kissed her and then said " Mommy! watch what I can do ! " as he began climbing the maple tree.

Aurora was glad when she was outside and watching the boys play. She smiled when Ashe kissed her and then took off to the tree. "Oh Ashe sweety please be careful." She wanted to get up and go over to that tree to make sure he was safe but she couldnt

Ashe climbed high up into the branches and stood there smiling down at his mother. Suddenly, he slipped and almost fell, but caught himself. "I'm ok Mom!" he said cheerily

Aurora as he climbed higher and she grew more nervous. And then he almost fell and she almost jumped out of her seat. She looked at Robert "please get him down from there"

'He's a boy! If I drag him out of the tree, he'll just find some other mischief. Besides, he heals very quickly at that age. I can't tell you how many broken bones I had! When he is around us he will heal in a week.

Aurora bit her lip hard trying not to be afraid for her son. But if he were to get hurt she would make sure he would never climb any tree again. Her finger nails dug into the chair as she watched him climb try to expect the fact he was a boy and boys do these types of things.

Robert reached over and took her hand and smiled at her, patting her hand. " Try and be calm. I know you think I am letting him become a barbarian like I am, but please trust me, he will be fine. " Just then Ashe slipped and stated falling from the tree. He bounced off first one branch then another, till finally he hit the ground. He lay there a moment stunned, but then popped up and smiling, ran to his mother. "Momma! did you see that?!! Wasn't it great!" He jumped in Aurora's lap, "easy young man!" Robert admonished him.

Aurora turned to answer Robert but stopped as she heard her son slip from the tree. She yelled out his name as she stood quickly to go to him but then he suddenly popped up. She breathed a sigh a relief and carefully sat back in the chair. However now her wound on her side from standing so quickly. Ashe was quickly in her lap she hugged him and checked him over "alright Ashe for mommy sake please no more climbing tree today."

Robert Laughed quietly. "Aurora, I told you he would be alright" "Ashe you go play and let your momma rest.... and stay out of the tree! ant least for now!" Ashe got down and ran out in the yard and started digging in the dirt looking for his serpents (worms). "He really is all boy and I'm proud of him. You should be too" I'll be sure he listens to you, and that he learns the gentler side of life that I know you want him to learn."

Aurora smiled a little as Ashe ran to play. "I know he will learn and lukka will learn as well. Where is lukka he has been awfully quietly as Ashe has been playing in the tree."she scanned the yard looking for her other son.

Just then little arms wrapped around her waist fro behind the chair and giggling could be heard from behind her. Seeing Lukka behind her, Robert laughed.

Aurora jumped she felt someone grab her but then heard little giggles and had to laughed "hey who's that behind me" she called out "that can't be Lukka can it?"

"What do you say we take these hooligan's to the park?" Robert said " a walk will do you good and the boys can burn some energy at the play ground." Robert got up and called Ashe back to the house. "Put your dragons away and go wash your hands" he said as he pulled Lukka from under the chair and lifted him into Aurora's lap.

Aurora smiled she liked the idea very much. She was going stir crazy sitting around the house.
"That sounds like a wonderful idea, we will just need to walk slow but that should be fine, you want to grab the picnic blanket for us to sit on while the troublemaker play" she smiled and then kissed Lukka as he was dropped into her lap

Robert got out the picnic basket and put some fruit and snacks in it and returned to the porch with Ashe in tow hands and face freshly washed, though he was fairly sure it wouldn't last. He helped Aurora to her feet and the four set out walking slowly to the park. Though they didn't notice a dark presence followed them just out of sight. Ashe seemed uneasy. What is it son? Robert asked. "I don't know Dad ...I'll be ok." Ashe answered

Aurora held lukka hand as they walked to the park, but just like Ashe she picked up on so etching that made her uneasy as well. She stopped and looked to Robert. "Robert something not right we should go back home."

Just then Lukka saw a ball that had been left a few yards ahead on the pathway. He pulled free of Aurora hand and ran quickly ahead. As he did a man dressed in dark clothing ran from between two houses and pulled Lukka into his arms and started to run. Ashe, young though he was, was the first to react. Without hesitation he ran at the man, and wrapped his arms around his ankles tripping him, and cutting his lip in the process. Robert ran and catching up snatched Lukka from the stranger's arms and held the man to the ground beneath his foot. Ashe sat up , and tasting his own blood for the first time looked strangely at the man he had stopped and his eyes began to glow yellow.

Aurora tried to grab Lukka back but he was to quick for her she screamed for Lukka as the man grabbed him but Ashe was so quick in stopping the man. She then rushed to the scene grabbing both the children and looking at the man now on the ground as Robert held him down. "Give me one good reason why I should not rip you a part for taking my boy"

Ashe easily broke free from his mother's grip, and pounced on the man's back and began savagely pummeling him. Seeing the rage building in the young boy's eyes. he pulled him off. "Your time is not yet here" he said sternly. "soon enough... You were a wonderful protector for your brother." He dragged the man up off the ground and twistng an arm behind his back he led him back toward their home and the clan. "don't resist or I'll let the boy have you again." Ashe smiled proudly at his father's words.

Aurora wanted to rush to grab Ashe but Robert had him under control. She took Ashe once again, you did a very nice job protecting your brother, but you do need be careful, you could get hurt." She followed Robert back towards the clan.

Robert led the man to the porch and taking a rope tied him to the porch railing. "Go get aunt Elizabeth" he said to Ashe who responded immediately. Holding the man's head up he shouted "Who are you and what do you want with my children?"

Aurora took Lukka inside but kept him where she could see him from outside just in case there were others. She then returned to the porch to see Elizabeth coming with Adhe and others. Elizabeth walked up on the porch and looked at the man. "What do you want here."

The man remained speechless. "Does anyone recognize him?" Robert asked the clan as they gathered around. "You will answer our questions!" Robert roared at the man, clearly losing patience. "Or I'll beat you to a pulp right here!"

Aurora had taken Ashe inside with Lukka and and the returned to the porch.

Elizabeth but her hand on Roberts shoulder. "If he will not speak we have a prison and we will keep him there until he does speak."

Robert cooled slowly, realizing at that moment that Ashe and his temper were indeed his own. "Your right" Elizabeth. " He tried to take Lukka, and is a coward. Ashe would have killed him had I allowed it. He deserves no better" Cheyene, the clan's Sheriff, lead the silent man away, and Robert wrapped his arm around Aurora and lead her back inside as the rest returned to their homes. "There has to be a way to end this" Robert muttered.

Back
Top Bottom