Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

Robert started cooking pancakes and when he had three served each on a cake and some bacon. He put more cakes in the skillet, and helped Ashe with the syrup, leaving Lukka to Aurora. Breakfast was coming off without a hitch, and finally after three round around the table, Robert cooked a stack of three for himself and sat down to eat.

As Robert served the pancakes aurora helped lukka cut his pancakes and put some syrup on them. She watched the boys ate and she ate as well now feeling very hungry since she was to tired to have pizza last night. She looked to Ashe. "Ashe so what do you want to do today."

"Can I take Lukka outside and hunt for serpants in the yard Momma?" He smiled at her and then at Lukka.

Aurora smiled "of course if Lukka wants to go." her attention then turn to Lukka "do you want to go outside and search for serpants Ashe?"

Lukka giggled at the thought. He had seen Ashe's serpants, but hed had no idea that AQshe had caught them himself. "Yes!" he said excitedly. The boys got down from thetable and headed out to the lawn.

Aurora shook her head as the boys ran off to the back yard. She got up taking the dishes from the table and she began to was them

Robert got up and helped her with the dishes. "You going to be alright? he asked. He rinsed and dried the dishes.

Aurora smiled "we have two boys to take care of now, I have to be alright wether I want to be or not." she handed him the dishes as she was done washing them

"I can still help" you should still try and rest. I'm sure some of the young girls in the clan will be willing to help you as well." he knew that given her position, they would be honored.

"I just don't want you sick is all. Don't you dare overdo it." he kissed her gently and put away the last of the dishes, the walked her out to the porch swing from where they could watch the boys playing. "Are you as happy about Lukka as I am?

"I won't over do it, I promise." she sat on the swing "I am happy about him, I just want to make sure Ashe is still receiving the attention he needs."

"I think he is receiving more. He needs a sibling to keep life happy and give him a playmate.

"yes I am ver glad they are getting a long so well, it be good for both of them, I think Lukka will be happy to have a real family and Ashe to have a playmate.." she kissed Roberts cheek gently. "do you think we should tell Elizabeth about lukka arrival."

I think she undoubtably knows. He is a full bread male. You knew he was here by his scent didn't you? Any full bred female will. Especially Elizabeth,

"your right I did, but do you think she will be ok with it, will the others be ok with it, I mean did come from the very clan that tried to kill you and take me and Ashe away."

"Remember, first he is only a child, and second That is the same clan I have comefrom, and they have accepted me. Besides, having another purebred male here is a good thing. He and Ashe will grow up to be pillars here in the clan. They have the blessing of a stable home, in a stable clan.

"yes I suppose your right." she watched the children played a bit. "would be upset if they choose a life outside the clan when they are older?"

"Of course that is their choice, but you cant expect me not to teach them the ways of their heritage. Especially now that their heritage is more flexible. "

"I never said I don't want you to teach them their heritage especially since I now understand their heritage a bit more, however i still see how it's important it you to teach it to them I just don't want to be a problem when they are older and they may choose a different path than there heritage."

"Of course it would dissapoint me, but I won't prevent them from making the choice. At the same time, you should not discourage them from their heritage either, to be fair."

"Robert were you listen to a word I said. I guess not, and to be fair I would love nothing more than for our children to leave this place some day and see the world, really experience what life is like away from a clan, maybe they will miss it and come back or maybe they will find a whole new world that fits them better, there happiness though is the most important thing to me."

He looked down and became sad. He had thought that she was finally beginning to accept him for who he was, but now hearing her words, he began to fear that that was not true. "I said i would not stop them. You seem to want me to be something other than I am. Will you never accept me for who I am, and at least recognise it as good?" His words were not angry but hurt. he got up and waked awy slowly and down the street. At that moment, he needed to think, to clear his mind.

Aurora was so frustrated with Robert in that moment, this was always going to be a fight for them and she was tired of having it really. She just let him walk away

He walked out into the yard and sat in he grass, and watched the boys hunting for worms. They were having fun, and the sight of them warmed his heart. He knew then that what ever happened he could nevr again be seperated from his family. Besides the fact that it would physically kill him, the hurt would kill him first. He got up from where he sat and went back to the swing. "I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt you, I love you. Why do you doubt my word? Do you hate who I am? I just don't understand. We are born of the same stock, yet you seem ashamed of where you came from. Who did this to you? was it me? If I did, I'm sorry." he held her hand and looked into her eyes giving her his full attention.

Back
Top Bottom