Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

How can it be your fault? You didn't choose to be attacked. He held her trembling hand and kissed her softly.

"but I should sensed I was driving to far away from here, I should have smelled your scent and the others scent dwindling, I was just so focused on what to get at the store and then once again my mind filled with dread about having triplets and before you know it he came out of the woods"

You couldn't know. I shouldn't have left you here either. My scent might have healed you, but i went after Ashe. We just cant control what happens.

" we can't blame anyone. Neither one of us would have allowed it to happen if we had a choice. " he held her hands and kissed her gently. "We have to hang on for the sake of each other and Ashe. "

Aurora drew a deep breath. "I know your right, it's just hard to believe it, it's also hard not to fall to pieces over it." she admitted to him softly

"I know... thats what my heart want's too, but then i think about yiu and Ashe and all we have had together."

Aurora clung tight to his hand "you and Ashe are what is keeping me from falling apart, and then also the idea that some day we will have another baby."

"That we will my dear... That we will." He kissed her, and cuddled her and pulled her gently onto his chest. He loved the feel of her heatbeat against his.

She was glad to see he was wanting to have another baby with her after all that happen. She knew some day soon she hoped they would have another one running around.

He smiled at he thoughts, and was thankful, that despite the troubles, she felt comfortable enough to raise a family here.

Aurora drew a deep breath. "I still feel so achy, I wish that would go away then I would at least be able to get up and take care of Ashe."

"It will in time," he said, "the more time we are together the faster it will heal."

"it doesn't feel like this will ever go a way, I just hurt from head to toe." she bit her lip "at least I killed that SOB so he can't come after us again."

"Yes you did." he said to comfort her. He didn't want to say what he was thinkin, that the wolf had family. He could on;y hope that with the new ways they had lost some of their honor and dedication.

Aurora looked at him and bit her lip. "Robert when I was fighting with that other wolf, the drive to kill him to protect my family was strong, not just to hurt him and stop him, but to kill him, is that normal?"

"Yes, and you couldn't have helped that. It's a defense mechanism. Our wolf side is driven by instinct almost as much as conscious thought. In attacking you, he brought out the wolf. he certainly should have expected that reaction being a werewolf himself, however some of the Half wolves, don't really understand it. We will never know now."

"I did not enjoy the feeling of wanting to kill someone, and I hope I never to do that again." she sighed a bit, she knew she had to do it to keep her family safe, still if she had another choice she would have taken it

nightsorceress said:
"I did not enjoy the feeling of wanting to kill someone, and I hope I never to do that again." she sighed a bit, she knew she had to do it to keep her family safe, still if she had another choice she would have taken it

Its not something enjoyable for anyone.. Its like adrenylin something our bodies do to protect ourselves and our families that we simply can't control

Aurora sighed a little. She noticed as she laid next to him she started to feel better and then she picked up a scent approaching her house, or make that two scent, one was mortal and one smelled sort of like the wolf she killed. She carefully got out of bed and stumbled down stairs and to the front door she opened it even before the woman on the other end could knock.

"I am sorry to bother you but I was instructed to bring him here" the woman on the other side of the door then pulled out a little boy that was hidding behind her, he was about 3 and clinging tightly to his teddy bear and look shy and afraid.

Aurora looked confused so confused she didn't even know if Robert was there or not. Then the woman handed Aurora a letter. Aurora ripped it open and read it then looked at the woman. "what does this mean this little boy will be living with us, he must have other family."

"listen I was just instructed to bring Luka here and you would take care of him. So good bye." the woman then left leaving the little boy standing on the door step

Aurora looked stunned as she looked at the little boy who looked so afraid. "come in sweety, I have cookies you want one." finally the little guy just stepped inside the door but would not move from there

Robert stepped up besude her, having followed her downstairs. He took the torn note from her hand and read it. He looked at the young boy. His scent was that of a pure bread male child. "The wolf that attacked you? What did he look like," he asked afraid of what her answer might be. He felt certain he knew the boy, but he had to be sure. There was only one reason a pure bread wolf would ever give up its child, in death, and he knew of only one one pure bread male child. It had belonged to his sister, she had died in the birth of the boy, and her husband two weeks later. Since Robert had not been married, the child was given to the youngest married Alpha female, to be raised as was tradition, even though she had married a half wolf, and lost her position in the clan. There were no other married Alpha's at the time. All were beyond the age of breeding and could not feed the child. The male child was the Alpha's female's way back to honor in the clan, That is until Aurora was discovered.

Aurora looked at Robert a moment and shrugged her shoulders, "um dark grey fur, yellow eyes and looked as though he had been in a few fights before. I never saw him in his human form." she attention went back to the boy.

"come on let's go to the kitchen and get you something to eat." she offered her hand to the 3 year old but he seemed so afraid. "alright you can stay there as long as you like and when you are ready we will be over there." she pointed to the kitchen and then took Robert by the hand hand lead him away from the boy giving him some space. Once they were in the kitchen looked at Robert. "what are we going to do."

"First let me see if its who I think it is. He let go of her hand grabbed a cookie and and aproached the little boy. "Luka? Its me ...uncle Robert! " he smiled at the child who then gave him a puzzled look at first but then ran into his arms as Robert knealt down with the cookie. He gave him the cookie and picked him up, then walked back to Aurora. "Luka, this is aunt Aurora, And you have a cousin Ashe you need to meet. He will be really happy to have a playmate. "This is my nephew, and the wolf you described was his step dad. I'll explain later. We have to raise him, no one else can."

Aurora Watched as Robert grabbed a cookie and went back to the little boy she watched from the door way, and was shocked when he went to Roberts arms. As the two came back to the kitchen aurora smiled. "hi there luka" she smiled at the book then looked to Robert she was truly puzzled

I'll be right back, I'm going to take him up to play with Ashe then we can talk. He carried Lukka up to Ashe's room and set him on the floor. Ashe was playing with his collection of bugs, and he called him over. "Ashe this is your cousin, his name is Lukka he will be staying here so now you have a new friend. Would you keep him company while Mom and I talk." Ashe smiled broadly and started to show Lukka his bugs. Robert left quietly and went back down stairs. "Looks like they are going to be friends he said. As I was saying the wolf you killed was his step dad, a half wolf, and his wife and Lukka's stepmom, was the only breeding Alpha left in the clan.

Back
Top Bottom