Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

Robert Tucked Ashe into bed and took Aurora and lead her downstairs. They talked while her worked on repairing the broken back door. We either have to go back to the clan and explain our position, or go into hiding." he said. "Other wise this will just happen again, and someone will be seriously hurt, if he wasn't tonight. You must know by now that you are powerful, and you will use it. What do you want to do?"

Aurora didn't say much as they talked, the events of the day still shaken her. When he asked her what she wanted to do she looked him. "I want to rip the throats out of anyone that dares try and takes our boy." she then looked down tears streaming from her eyes. "why, why did he have to here, I was happy here, your son was happy here, we had a chance for a good life here."

"You cant ignore who you are Aurora, and you cant change it. By now you must know taht. It won't be different for Ashe. He had to know, so I showed him. Not to win him over but so he wouldn't live in fear. Now you know that it isnt just me. We have to choose, and for Ashe's sake , we must do it together."

"I want nothing to do with the clan ever! They can burn in hell for all I care after what they did tonight." she shook her head went to the kitchen and went to the back of the fridge and got a beer and downed it quickly

"Then for Ashe's safety we are leaving in the morning. I hate to do it but we will need to be completely away from the community if you want him to be safe. Even his scent is strong enough for them to detect." Robert was saddened by her words. "what will you do if when he is grown, he chooses on his own to return to the clan? You did say the choice was his."

Auroras heart felt it was breaking, she would have to leave her home. "I hope he never choose to be part of those crazies, and I would hope that would not encourage him, after what they did, I mean are you ok with your son kidnapping someone else's child some day?"

Robert grew angry with her. "Aurora ... You did exactly that to me! Who the hell are you to judge him! Ashe is as much my child as yours, but you took him from me. You did what you did to protect your way of life, not just Ashe. He feels the same way. You are every bit as bad! He is no more a crazy than you. I'll not tolerate your running down our heritage any longer, especially in front of Ashe. You promised he would have the right to choose freely. That can only happen, if you don't poison his heart towards his own heritage! For my part I am willing to leave my people to give him that free choice. You must sacrifice too.!"

"I did not know I was pregnant when I left! And as I said before I was afraid you would have dragged me back there had you known, just as that man tried to do to our son today. I still do not see what's so great about your heritage, when I first meet you were trying to keep the other males from raping me, and don't give that bulk shit about genes cause you were able to control yourself, and now they want to keep there bloodline alive so badly they are going to kidnap, our child, are you just as fucking as them thinking this all ok." she starred at him.

"First of all its your heritage too, even though you choose to deny it. Those that tried to rape you were half human! the heritage you wish to adopt! not the purebreads that we represent and that the wolf who came here sought to protect. Had he known i was alive, he never would have come. You haven't even tried to understand me or our heritage. You hate it out of irrational fear, fed by your stupid assumptions. So no! I am not fucking stupid as you accuse me of being, and I have come more than half way for the good of my child and you, so I'm not a bad husband or father either."

"so then you lied to me when we first met you said there were other males like you out looking for females like me and they might not be as understanding as you were and would take other measures to ensure your line carries on, and you said the old ways were dying, your ways. And that mn was not here to protect Ashe if he was he would not have ripped down the door, or pulled him away so hard it hurt him, did you fail to notice he has a bruise on his arm from where that asshole grabbed him."

"I did not lie. I am more understanding than many in the clan. These are desperate times for the clan, and many of the elders have not been completely true to the old ways, as I have. They look at me as a throw back, and old man in my attitude. That is why I am willing to leave them behind. we have what we need within our own family to preserve both our race and the old ways. The true old ways."

"then if you say we have everything we need to preserve the old ways, right here in our own little family why are so hell bent at pushing Ashe right back into the heads of that fucked up clan, I don't think it's right to teach everything and put pressure on him to "save our kind". If they had strayed this far from how things use to be maybe it better to let the blood lines die out."

I didnt teach him anything he didnt need to know in order to understand his physical body. I went no further so far. But the good morals are important to preserve even if the bloodline dies out.

"oh you think the morals I have been teaching him are wrong or bad, so what you are saying is I am unfit mother for him, because I don't want him him to be like the clan, or be some great savor." she drew a deep breath tears now in her eyes. "I think we better stop before something else is said." she then turned and left him standing there and went to her room crying softly as she lay down on the pillow.

Robert waited a moment and then quietly followed her to the bedroom and sat beside her on the bed. He rubbed her shoulders gently. He was sick to death of fighting with her, all he wanted was his family back. "somewhere along the way we have both forgotten what love is " he said. "I'm so sorry. Will you forgive me?" He leaned down and gently kissed the back of her neck. " All I really want is my family in one piece"

Aurora did not know he never seemed to understand her. She jumped a little when she felt a hand on her shoulder she glanced at him. "I don't know if we will ever be the type of family we both want. We are just so different."

"We should try." he said. "and whether we do or not as long as they think I'm dead. They will keep trying. I will go back to the clan in the morning and resign and show them I am alive and that they must leave us alone. It would be better if you were with me, but I will do it alone."

She looked at him tears still in her eyes her eyes red and puffy. " I will go with you if my neighbor can watch Ashe, and then on one other condition, you stop thinking some times and start feeling, your always so matter a fact, with very little emotion, like tonight I could have really used some tenderness from you, someone broke into my house, tried to take our son, and then I scarred our son half to death, I really could have used your comfort tonight."

He pulled her to his broad chest and just hugged her. We will rest and then go in the morning. He lay back on the bed and let her rest her head on his shoulders. He gently rubbed her back. they fell asleep, and didn't wake untill sun came in through the window. They cleaned up and dressed, and got ready for the one hour drive back to where the clan house was. When they arrived , there was a lot of whispering amoung the women as they approached the house together. Robert demanded to see the chief of the elders. They waited quietly in the sitting room of the lodge.

Aurora signed happily as he pulled her to his chest. This was what she wanted all along. She fell a sleep that night against him. And in the morning they made the journey to the place she hated most in the world. As the entered the house aurora c,ung tight to Robert hoping nothing would happen and they could go home.

When the chief of the Elders appeared he smiled at the sight of the couple assuming they had come to take their rightful place as Alpha male amd female. "where is the boy?" he asked. Robert spoke up. "He is not here. We have come to exercise our right to resign from the clan. The boy is ours and as husband and wife we shall exercise full control of his upbringing. There is to be no more contact from the clan with him or us. We demand this in acordance with our rights under the old and sacred traditions." The chief Elder grew stern. "Those ways are not followed her anymore" You will bring the boy and take your place as Alpha male and female, or we will take him by force." At the chief's words, Roberts eyes glowed yellow, and he began to transform He lunged at the Chief who had turned as well. The two fought several minutes before the chief lay dead. Robert still in wolf form lead Aurora to their car and got in the back waiting for Aurora to drive them away.

When she heard the chief say that the old ways were not followed any more and they would come after her son aurora was ready to kill the old bastard however Robert beat her to it. Before she knew it Robert had changed and killed him and they were out in the car. Her hands were shaking as began to drive she never seen anyone killed before.

Robert changed back in the back seat of the car. He had left his clothes behind so he stayed low. "Drive quickly ! he said , they will follow us. When we get to the house you go in and get Ashe,and some clothes for me. I will change back and stand guard outside." When they arrived at the house Robert again bit himself drawing blood and changed to a wolf again and paced the yard watching. When Aurora returned with Ashe and his clothes they jumped in the car and quickly left leaving there entire life behind, except that Ashe clungto the small jar with his serpent inside. As they rode, Robert slowly turned back and dressed himself. "Drive quickly my dear... head up into the mountains"

As aurora entered the house she scrambled to get a couple of days wroth of clothes for each of them,and few of ashes must have favorite toys and hoped in the car. She drove away watching her home disappear in the rear view mirror. She did as Robert said and drove towards the mountains.

When they were perhaps 50 miles away , Robert had her stop for gas and took over the driving. He drove through the night arriving deep in the wood early the next morning. They had run out of road. They got out of the car and Robert lead them deeper and deeper into the woods untill they came to a small cabin. It had been vacant many years. Robert opened the door and chased out the snakes and bats. "We will stay here at least for a while. I havent been here since I was a boy" he said.

Back
Top Bottom