Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

Aurora was in the kitchen packing the pinic basket as the boys walked in. "yes that's ok with me" she looked at Robert and smiled.

Robert walked up behind her with Ashe on his shoulders and hugged her then kissed her behind the ear. "Your mommy is a good mommy isn't she" he said.

Aurora smiled "alright let's head to the park." they walked to the park which was close by, aurora set out blanket for them to sit on and then she got out the lunch for when they were hungry

Ashe took his Dad by the hand and started pulling. "Come on Dad! he dragged Robert over to the swings, and climbed on one. "Push me!" he said Robert pulled Ashe in the swing high over his head and then pushed down hard. As flew through the air in a huge arc sqeeling with delight. Robert pushed him again and again.

Aurora took a seat on the blanket and watched as her boys played. She was so glad to see Ashe so happy, and really take to Robert.

Finally Robert caught Ashe and stopped the swinging. "Time for some of mommas good cooking" he said. They ran over to the blanket and sat down to eat. "What's for lunch?" he said.

Aurora smiled as they came back over. "I made some sandwiches" she gave them each a sandwich and then she opened some grapes from them each as well.

They sat and ate and then Ashe piped up. " I'm going to play in the sand box." As he ran off on his own, Robert pulled Aurora up against him. " ThankYou for this " he said

Robert smiled back, "well maybe for his mom, but he will learn that his father's mind is not easily changed. Don't worry, I won't mistreat him, but he will learn, if he hasn't already, to respect his elders, especially you. If not he will deal with me. That is something you have been without."

"oh he respects me, it is rare that he will ever talk back to me he really is a good boy." she bit her lip a little did he think she gave into Ashe to much.

Aurora nodded a bit and the glanced at Robert. "Robert can I ask you a important question" she paused a moment "what happens now that your back if I go into my cycle, I mean I don't even know when it occurs from what I understand from the half blooded wolves around here is your able to tell when I am ready to be mated, and I don't know"

"Any male wolf will know when your in your cycle, but they also will know that you have mated before. No other wolf will attempt to mate with you now. Our race is strictly manogamous. Even the half bloods know this. You havent had your cycle because I've been away. Your body knows when I am here just as mine does when you are present. Your cycle will resume now. You will have no outward signs, like humans do, but your scent will tell me you are ready. So yes in a sense thay told the truth. However your cycle does tend to synchonize with the full moon, as that is when my body is most ready."

Aurora bit her lip a bit "how long do we have before it starts back up, for what the others say is since I now mated with you once we start I won't be we won't be able to stop until my cycle is completely that you will take me when ever you sense I am ready. So I should plan on making arrangements for Ashe"

"What do you mean arrangements?" Robert asked. "I am not some out of control breeding machine. It is true that in the old times couples bred as often as possible, and had many litters, with the females being nearly constantly pregnant or nursing pups, but it didn't have to be that way. The males are in ontrol of when their female is bred. Most often the females have wanted it as often as possible. You may or may not. But either way I am able to control it. I love you as I have said many times. I want our children to be a product of that love. That was something new, I learned fromm you, but something I think is good."

Aurora smiled at him "that is good, I don't think I would enjoy always being pregnant and I think I may want only one more child. But I would still like to arranged to Ashe to be a way from home for our first time, just give us sometime. My neighbor often takes him camping."

Robert looked dissapointed at her words. "Only one? You do realize that multiple births amoung wolves is very likely, triplets being most common. You are well equipped to handle it. Can I ask why you want so few children?"

Aurora looked down a minute she could tell he did not agree with her "I guess it watching the other families here. Their lives always seem so crazy, and talking with some of them, they love their children very much, but with only two parents and 5 or 6 children they feel like they never have enough time for each of them,"

"But only two? that is an advantage of the old ways, the females help each other raise the children. so its like having many parents. It's just natural."

Aurora looked at him, "I don't want someone else helping me raise my children, I think it should be us raising them, yes my neighbors help out every once in a while but not every day."

"I didnt say that it had to be that way. But the half breed wolves don't really understand what they left behind. and I thought it might help you to understand."

"I am glad it doesn't have to be that way. And I like the half breed a heck of a lot better then the full blooded ones. They are more like me, knowing there is more to life then the old ways and pack life"

Back
Top Bottom