Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

He took the soup. "Do you love me really? If not nothing else matters. You left me and hid my son from me. What did I do to deserve that?"

"I do love you, but I was never going to fit in where you came from, I am not a leader, or part of a pack, I am just me, I like having my own home raising my son the best I can without someone looking over my shoulder thinking that I am not raising him to be the next alpha or whatever. And I feared if I told you you would drag me back there."

"I'm confused ... when you taught me about love, you said it was something that made you desire someone to the point you would give up everything for them. I nearly gave up my life. How is what you did love? You didn't even trust enough to talk to me about it."

"love isn't just simple black and white, there is so much consider, that I can never teach you." she leaned against the window frame looking out the window. She didn't know what to say any more.

"Do you love me enough to accept me as I am? You have demanded to just be who you are. What about our son, does he not have a right to a father? You must know by now that unless we are together I will die and he will never know his father. Do you love him enough for that? When you say you love me , or that you love him what do you really mean? I can't answer those questions for you. Know this though , even if I die the clan will continue to persue your son, he is their only hope or at least half of it. The last and youngest pure bred male. He nor you, nor I can change that. It is who he is , it is who I am, it is who YOU are even if you wont allow it." I will live or die on your decision."

Aurora sighed, "I do not wish for you to die, and I do wish for him to know his father, but I promise you this the clan would have to kill me first before they get their hands on him, I want him to have choices in life, someday he will know the truth about who he is, and then with that he can choose to go be part of the clan, or choose the path he wants to take in life I will not force him to be with another were Wolf if he would rather be with a human girl"

"It is clear you love your son, but knowing his father means knowing who is father really is, what makes him who he is, that will mean knowing his own heritage and who he is. I cannot and will not hide this from him. If you cannot accept that as a viable choice for our son , one you will not discourage him from making, then he is not really free to choose. That means really loving and accepting me. If you cannot do that, then our son is better off not knowing me at all, which is the path you chose for him, and for me. The only freedom you have recognised so far is your own." He was angry at her words. he set the tray down and left the house and walked out and into a small patch of woods where he sat quietly.

Aurora shook her head, it was starting to feel like the day she left all over again. He did not hear her when she said some day she would tell her son who he was. She left the room and went to kitchen to make dinner while her son played in his room.

Robert sat out in the woods quietly waiting to see what she would do. He could not be a father to a child and not share what made him who he was. And she still would not accept that what he was was good and something she valued. If she loved him, what was it she loved. Why wouldn't she say? He began to prepare himself to die. As weak as he was he knew that this time it would be quick, and there would be no recovery, no hope of things changing carry him through. She had said she would tell his son someday who his father really was. What gave her that right?! He was his father! He burned with anger and grief.

She looked at the clock as time ticked by Robert still did not come back. She bit her lip a moment and the decided she needed to go look for him. She called a neighbor over to watch the boy and then went to the woods it didn't take her long to him. "come back, and meet your son at least before you come out here and die"

"Why should I give him that grief? To make hm feel abandoned by his father? Better he never know me. You will not accept me for who I am or let me share who I am with my son in my own words. That is not love. Tell me I'm wrong or leave me to die. I'm not asking to force our son to be anything or to force you, but if I ever meet our son he will know the heritage of his father and that it is a proud one. I will help him understand it so he can make a truly free choice. If you can not love me enough to not just allow, but support that then go! leave me to die!"

"you have to understand Robert he is just a little boy, for god sakes he thinks Elmo is the greatest thing on earth right now, and monsters under his bed are really. I am afraid if you don't take it slow with him we might damage him more. Can you handle taking it slow with him, understand for a while you won't be daddy just be mommy friend and his friend to? If you can handle that come back meet him, start the steps that it will take to be part of his love and let him know about his heritage"

"Leave me to die! I am his father! if you can't trust me enough to handle him gently without your permission there is no real love for me in you. If you are not proud that I'm his father then find him another. You can explain to him when he is an adult why I died or the clan will do it for you. Then you can explain to him why you kept him from me. I will not be momies friend! I'm your husband! I love you and I love him and I always have. He needs to know that, and not in 5 or ten years, but now." He turned his back to her. His blood boiled and he began to howl in pain.

"god dammit Robert, I didn't say five or ten years, I just dont want you returning to that house and blurting out your his daddy, not tonight, just him time, give us time. It's been the two of us for 4 years I want us to be a family all three of us, just I don't want to force us to be a family. If that is not good enough for you there is nothing I can do." she shook her head "and if you can not get a grip on things and understand this is not about what you and or what I want, this about what's best for him. I mean we can't not fight all the time like this, what good would we be doing for him."

He turned back to her. There you are correct, but what is the difference whether you introduce me as his daddy tonite or in a week? There is one. Telling him now would be the truth. What are you going to say in a week when he wants to know why you didnt tell him right away? That you didnt trust me? You have to trust me to do this right and on my own terms, or leave me to die. I trust you to be his mother. I love you, why cant you do the same for me? Do you love me or not? That you havent yet answered. Our son has a right to parents who love each other and are willing to sacrifice for it.

"no matter what we do he is going to be confused, I just figure he may understand a bit better if he likes you before you tell him your his father, but if you think just saying it tonight is what you want to do then do it I won't stop" she sighed a little bit "yes I love you"

"Why does it pain you to say that you love me? Why can't you hapily tell him that I'm his father and that you love me and your glad that I'm back to be a part of the family? In what way will that hurt him? That is what he needs. Two parents that love him. He need not know right away the reasons I havent been there up until now. But I want to be able to share my childhood with him and then he will know who I am. I don't want to have to worry about saying too much."

"What I need most is what I pursued you for four years to get, your real love. That he needs to know tonite, that Daddy got lost and has been looking for mommy for four years because he loves her. If that's acceptable, I'll meet him and we'll work on the rest."

"I am just so afraid some day someone will show up to take him away like you showed up and took me" she had tears in her eyes "I fear if I let you back into my heart that they might be able to find him easier"

"That will happen no matter what. His scent will be strong and they will find him. His best defense is understanding who he is and what it will mean. A male has the right to choose whether to be in the clan or not. He can choose to be a lone wolf. Do what he wants, what he believes is right. Better he hear what that means from someone who knows, and who loves him. Your fears are unneccesary. The fundamental problem here is trust. You do not trust me to be a good father. If I am to go in there, and re-enter his life, you MUST trust me with your whole heart. That comes from love. If you cannot do that, its better I die. I love you and him. I searched for four years trusting that you could love me, and would be a good mother. I need the same from you, with no hesitation. Our son deserves nothing less.

"I guess the only thing we can do is try. Try to be good parents that love each other and love him.try to be a good family" she drew a deep breath. "let's head back to the house then." she started to walk back but then stop "his name is Ashe by they way, I figured since you had not asked you may want to know"

"Wait" he said "we have excanged a lot of harsh words. Children are perceptive. If we go in there with hurt on our faces, he will see it. He pulled her to himself. " I have said that I love you and I mean it. Our family wouldn't be one without you. You mean life itself to me. He kissed her gently. If we dissagree it won't be in front of Ashe. Agreed? He wrapped an arm around her and walked with her toward the house.

She kissed him back softly and then nodded her head "agreed, and I do love you" she walked back in the house, and thanked the neighbor for watching Ashe "Ashe mommy home" she called to the boy who came running to her from the living room wrapping his arms around her legs "mommy!"

Hello Ashe! he said. He knealt down to get on the boy's level. "You and I have never met, but I have been looking for you and your momma for a long time. " The boy looked puzzled. I'm your Daddy and I've been lost for a long time, By the time i found you, I was sick and your mommy nursed me back to health. Your mommy and I love each other and have for a long time. We were just lost. He reached in his pocket and took out an amulet. This is for you. I carried it to remember your momma all these four years. Now its yours. He opened it and showed Ashe a picture of his mommy and him together. That's your mom and dad when you were still in her tummy , he said. We are going to be a family again. Hestood up and kissed Aurora gently then reached down and picked up Ashe and held him between them. Ashe looked at the amulette and at each one of them, pointed to his momma's tummy and and said "I'm here?" " Yes son you are."Robert said.

Aurora watched Ashe the whole time Robert spoke he looked so confused. She hoped he would be ok with all this information. She thought it was cute how he asked if he was in mommy tummy in the picture finally Ashe turned to his mother "I'm hungry" aurora smile "alight I will make you dinner, you want to go with daddy and show him your toys" Ashe shook his head "no I want to stay with you" "ok come on let's go eat" Ashe wiggled out of Roberts arms and went to the kitchen

Robert was quiet the rest of the evening, eating a quiet dinner with the two of them. "What do you like to do Ashe?" he asked as dinner was ending. He looked over at the boy. "What is your favorite toy?"

Back
Top Bottom