Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

"I'll call an ambulance ... you can ride with him.. This is serious. he is going toxic"

Aurora hand came to her mouth when the doctor said an ambulance. She moved closer to Robert and kissed his forehead. "it will be alright" she waited for the ambulance but the worry once again filled her eyes.

They loaded him into the ambulance and he became delirious mumbling and incoherent. He was hot with fever.

She hated herself for causing him all that pain. If she wasn't a fool and had been walking in the road then nothing would have happen. She sat beside him in the ambulance

They arrived at the hospital, and Robert was whisked off to surgery. About an hour later, the doctor approached her. "Hello. I'm doctor Safrin, your husband's surgeon. Things went well and he is in recovery, but you need to know he will be sick for quite some time. I can tell he is an active man, and won't rest properly on a voluntary basis. I'm depending on you to see that he does. Its very important. He needs to heal thoroughly."

Aurora paced back and forth in the waiting room. She didn't know what she would do if something happen to him. Finally the doctor came out and spoke to her. She sighed softly. "of course doctor. When can I see him?"

"You can see him now if you like. He's a little bit out of it though." the doctor said.

"alright thank you doctor." she then went to the room the doctor advised and took a seat next to the bed holding his hand just letting him rest.

Robert squeezed her hand . He felt dizzy from the anesthetic. A couple hours later he woke up, and seeing Aurora asleep in the chair he said "Get me my clothes please, I want to get out of here" He sat up and swung his feet over the edge of the bed. The pain medication he'd been given was masking his true condition.

After many hours of sitting in the chair Aurora felt tired and couldn't help but fall a sleep. At one point she heard him speak and she woke up to find him trying to get out of bed. She quickly got up to stop him easing him back into bed. "where in the world do you think you are going?"

"I am getting up to go home of course. where else would be going. May I have my clothes please? I actually feel pretty good.

"no not until the doctor says so. He said you have to rest for a while. I bet the pain meds they put you on making you feel fine." she would not let him out of the bed until the doctor released him to go home she did not want him to get worse.

"damn doctor!" he said. but he acquiesced to her demand. Later that day the elder Alphas came for a visit. "Can we be of assistance dear?" the elder asked Aurora.

Aurora was glad when he stopped fighting her and just rested. She stayed with him all day watching him. She looked at the alpha when they came in, "I am fine thank you" she was not used to being part of a pack and she could handle everything on her own

Robert looked distressed. "Did they offend you? Why did you turn away their kindness?"

Aurora shook her head a little "no it's just I can handle taking care of us we while you get better. Besides I don't want the chance to let them down" she muttered the last bit to herself

"Is there nothing about my background that you value?" He was feeling that she didn't like any thing about his life.

Aurora looked at him, her forehead wrinkled. "I don't understand what you mean. I thought you knew I cared about you and I want to learn, but I can't loose myself in the process"

"I'm not asking you to lose yourself. be yourself, but cant you share who you are with the clan? Its what they have waited for for 15 years."

Aurora shook her head, "when I was in the room alone with those women, they were not looking to help me, they were looking to turn me into them. At one point they begged me not to disappoint them." she looked down tear in her eyes. "I am going to disappoint them, but more importantly I am going to disappoint you, because although for this a wonderful thing for you, being an alpha and all, I am not sure I want the weight of a whole world I know nothing about on my shoulders"

"I'm sorry" he said, a tear streaking his face. "I didn't mean to hurt you" Robert turned to the wall and closed his eyes. He was caught between two worlds and he owed both is life. He didn't know what to do, and was beginning to wish the truck had killed him. he couldn't bear either losing Aurora or the world he'd grown up in.

Aurora looked down she had hurt him and that's not what she wanted but she had to be truthful to him. "I think I am going to go get a cup of coffee" she paused a moment "I'll be back" she felt like she needed to tell him that and she walked out of the room just needing a break.

Robert slept fitfully. Finally he was awaken by a sharp pain and looked over where Aurora had been and she was gone. He hated being here in a hospital. He got up, disconnected his IV's put on his clothes on, left a note for Aurora saying "Ive gone home, and quietlly walked out. Robert walked the 7 miles back to the Clan house. He went to their room and went to bed sleeping peacefully, at least for the moment.

Aurora walked the hospital for a bit just needing to clear her head, but when she returned back to the room he was gone. She bit her lip and knew she had to go back to the house to check on him. She walked to the house and one of the clan members showed her to his room. She sat in a chair just watching him sleep.

Robert woke up after three hours,this time themeds had worn off, and he was in serious pan, but refusedto show it. He winced a bit and rolled over, suprised to see Aurora so soon.

Back
Top Bottom