Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For The Love Of Family (Celebstars & Edward Thatch)

celebstars

Pulsar
The girl was driving home from work. It was a Saturday afternoon, Brittney had decided to work on the weekend to get some extra money. She didn't necessarily want it for anything, but maybe she could help her father out, give him some more money for her keep.

Pulling in to the driveway, the girl turned off the engine and opened the door. Driving her father's big truck and being a small girl the jump from the seat to the concrete floor felt quite big. Nevertheless, she landed on her sneakers and locked the vehicle behind her. Pulling at her jeans, and then fixing her black shirt, the girl entered the home, walking up the porch and entering through the door.

It was just the pair at home, living together since her mother had walked out on them. In a way, it was probably why Brittney was still home at the age of twenty five. She felt very close to her dad and thought it would break his heart if she ever moved out. Looking after him was a pleasure, not a chore, she enjoyed cooking for the man, cleaning the home and tending to the garden.

"Something smells nice!" Shouting through the home she slipped off her converse and sat at the dining table. Seeing him fixing up something at the kitchen counter with some pots boiling, she continued to speak. "I would have cooked, what's all this for?" Being brought up in the age of technology and selfies, the girl couldn't help but snap a picture of herself.

nKqIJbY.png

He heard his truck pull up and smiled. He had felt them drifting a little apart with her working so much and seeming to grow up so quick. It wasn't exactly like it had been when she was just a little young. Long days and weekends together and vacations taken to comfort each other in their mutual grief and anger. He as a faithless wife and she at a heartless mother. He missed the intimate moments with his daughter. Just the pleasure of being around each other. He knew she felt she had to work to support herself, though his settlement from the police force was more than enough for them to live on comfortable the rest of their lives.

She had always been so grown up and felt so responsible for everything. He needed to do something nice and special for her. She usually did all the little chores around the house and he wanted to do something nice for her. So he fixed one of his best dinners. Chuck round, new potatoes, steamed broccoli and a thick heavy chocolate moose for desert. He chose a nice full red wine for dinner and an apricot brandy for the desert course. Of course he eschewed anything premade or our of a can and made it all from scratch, to include going down to the butchers shop and choosing the cut of meat himself.

Hearing her enter and commenting on the smells and he shouldn't have that she would have cooked made him smile. “No, honey, you do enough. I wanted to do something special for you just because you are so wonderful. I've missed our long talks and quiet private time. Haven't you? You've gotten so busy I just thought a nice evening meal that we could relax and talk and unwind over would be nice. Now sit down and I will fix you a plate.” He stepped to her quickly and gave her a hug and a peek on the cheek. “I love you Brit.”

"Awww Daddy!" Standing up, she wrapped a hand on to his neck and leaned in to kiss his cheek with her lips. Pulling back, she landed back on to her feet after having to get on to the tips of her toes to reach him. "I've missed our talks to, feels like we haven't had any time to discuss anything at all!"

"OK...OK....I'll take a seat!" She smiled, not before feeling his hug and the return of his own kiss. "I love you to Daddy.

Sitting back down, the girl started to play a game on her phone while he was plating up. "What did you want to talk about? Is everything OK? Nothing serious going on is there?"

gCyd38f.png

He smiled at her until he looked back and saw her on her phone. “Just plain rude.” he thought to himself but didn't say anything. He'd worked to long and hard for this evening to go poorly. Hearing her questions he put a smile back on his face as he rounded on her and answered, “No, no, nothing like that. It's just been awhile and we don't feel as close as we used to. I wanted to do something to try and bring us a little closer together again. You know, like when you were little and we just spent hours together.” He knew he was rambling so turned back to his meal quickly.

He dished up the healthy servings for both of them. He set hers before her and set his at a place just across from her. He then went over and opened the wine and poured them both a glass placing the bottle on the table. “Eat up honey.” He watched her eat for a moment. The sheer look of her enjoyment of the food he'd made her sent a thrill of pleasure through him. He loved being able to do things she could enjoy and find pleasure in.

After eating a goodly portion of his meal and taking a sip for wine he casually made the comment. “I hope you didn't have any plans for the weekend. We'll be busy.”

"Oh good." Setting her phone down on the table next to her, she listened further. "Well I've grown up now though haven't I. We can't really do the things we did when I was little." The plates were soon dished with food and then brought to the table. It smelled really good, so good that she lowered her head and inhaled the scent which made her stomach rumble. It was eager to have it to.

Using her fork, Brittney started to eat what was served. The added glass of wine to accompany her meal was welcome. "Plans? I was going to meet a friend, but I can cancel for you. What was you planning?"

Pulling some loose strands of hair behind her ear, the girl continued to eat her food and chew on it before washing it down with more wine. "You cook much better then when you used to. I think I'll let you cook more often now." Sticking her tongue out at the man, she still had that inner child in her.

"So come on! What plans this weekend!"

He smiled at her enjoying her meal but his smile fell a little when she mentioned being grown up now and not being able to do things they did when she was little. His smile fell even further at the mention of plans with the friend. He wondered if it was a male friend. No father muck liked that thought and he smile fell further still.

He playfully made a false attempt to grab her tongue between his thumb and forefinger like when she was smaller. He gave her a weak smile.

He sighed and looked away from her. “I'm almost afraid to say now. You say you are grown and too big for things like they used to be. I'm sure if you really want to go out with your friend I can cancel the reservations. But I had planned to surprise you with a weekend trip up the coast. I got a wild urge today and rented that same cottage you always loved when you were little.” He kept his voice level without feeling one way or the other. Neutral was what he was going for. He also kept his face down, looking solely at his plate as he idly played with his food. “Really its alright if you'd rather not though.”

"Why are you looking so glum for? I said I would cancel!" Running her fork against the plate she scooped up some food now rather than stabbing at it. Chewing on what she picked up, her eyes went wide. "You did what? Really!! Oh my god! That's amazing! Of course I want to go!" Her hand reached forward to land on his and she gave it a squeeze.

"Don't try and make me feel bad for having plans. Look at you with your head down. You know I would cancel anything for you don't you?" Her nails gently stroked at his skin and her palm was ever so soft. "I wonder if it is the same or if it has changed much.

"I have to pack to! What do I pack? I don't know if it will be sunny, rainy?"

"I'm so excited!"

He looked up at her with a beaming smile and a light heart. “Would you really cancel “anything” for your old man dad?” He laughed. “Its the same, but, erm, remember I was one bedroom. That didn't matter when you were a little girl, but what about now?” He studied her reaction. “I don't know if you remember or if your perspective is that different now, but it is a really small cottage, but we will have the beach all to ourselves. No neighbors for miles.” He sighed in contentment. Then he had another thought He remembered how she had started getting distant and secretive when she started developing. This alone could derail the entire weekend.

Giving her some time to consider his words and how she felt about that he continued. “As I recall it was always both. The weather changed every five minutes. We should probably pack for every weather out come.” He smiled at her excitement and once again saw his little girl in her flowery night gown jumping up and down when he told her about this trip the very first time.

"Anything. I really would! Your the most important person in my life!" Finishing her meal, she rested her cutlery on the plate and pushed it forward. "Yeah so?" Shaking her head and shrugging. "Your my Dad! Not as if we are...I don't even know why I said that!" Laughing stupidly, she then stood up and put her plate in the sink.

"Yeah I will pack for all weathers. A coat, some leggings, jeans t-shirts, bikinis. Oh my god it sounds like I am packing my whole closet!" After her plate was in the sink, she went to sit back down in the seat.

"So....do I get dessert?" Folding her arms against her chest. "Or do you want to do something else?

He smiled at her. He was awfully nostalgic tonight and thought back to a pseudo game they played when she tried to get something out of him he intended to give her anyway. “What a prize and not payment? Where's your daddy's kiss, honey?” He laughed watching her reaction but when she finally gave in he got up and got out two servings of chocolate chocolate moose and sat one before her with a spoon shoved in already and then he retrieved the apricot brandy and a couple sniffers. He poured them both a snort of the brandy.

He reached over and laid his hand on her's. “I love you Brittany. You know that right? I love you and you are my whole world.” He smiled at her and started eating his desert and sipping at his brandy, watching her out of the side of his eye.

Smiling, she leaned in and kissed his cheek, the affection she had for him was evident, grateful for him always sticking by her unlike her mother. "There you go, thank you for a nice dinner Daddy."

Soon enough, the dessert was handed to her, chocolate mouse. Digging her spoon in to the sweet delicacy like it was a shovel, she put it in to her mouth and slowly pulled. Her lips acted as a seal, trapping the chocolate inside before washing it down with some brandy. "I love chocolate, I think I would walk to the moon and back for a life supply of the stuff."

"So when do we leave to go to the cottage?"

He took such joy in her enjoyment of his confection, that was until she pulled the spoon out of her mouth and he felt a flush. He dismissed it as just excitement about the coming trip. “I believe you would at that honey. I believe you would at that.: He laughed a little. He poured her and himself another snort of brandy. “Well, not knowing you work schedule I booked it for a week, Sunday to Sunday, but was told we could even check in tonight if we wanted. So when we can go and how long we can stay depends entirely on you and what time you think you can get off. So you tell me.”

Sighing and settling in for a discussion they'd had before and he never won. “Honey, I don't understand why you even keep that job. My pension is more than enough. Much more than enough even. You'll be taken care of long after I am gone. Why don't you just quit and enjoy a casual life? Its not right how you push yourself and less so how they push you.” Holding up his hand to stave off her usual excuses. Secretly he feared it was really just so she could be away from him more and more often, though he'd never admit it. “Just think about it honey. Okay? Just think about it.”

"Well......" Pausing as she ate more of her dessert, the girl then looked at her father with her big big eyes. "I was thinking about quitting, I just don't like the idea of living off your money. Having a job makes me feel as though I can make my own way in the world. I guess I feel scared that I will end up like these spoiled kids who get everything they want. I sometimes even forget I am twenty five still living here."

It was now her time to put her hand up to make sure he wouldn't interrupt or think of anything silly.

"That doesn't mean I will move out. I will never do what Mom did. I will be here by your side as long as you want me." Standing up, she walked around the table and stood behind her father. Leaning in her arms hugged him tightly. "How about I quit this job I am in, we go for a week, I will see how I like it and then I will make a choice about going back to work when I get back?"

He bent around to look at her. This was a discussion they had had plenty of times and he had never won. So he was clearly surprised at her sudden change of heart. “Yes, I think that is a lovely idea. Quit and come run away with me and we can live together happily ever after.” He smiled at her and wiggled his eyebrows like he did when teasing her. “But seriously honey, I think quitting is a wonderful idea. And I don't ever want to hear you talk about living off MY money again. Its OUR money, okay? And you could never be spoiled. Its not in you.”

He sighed and studied his glass for a long moment. He considered his word very carefully. “Honey, Brit, I know you are not your mother. I would never think that of you. But someday you will meet a guy and I will hate him but you will love and you will get married and go live with him. I'd like you at my side forever and always, but that's just not realistic. I love you Brittany and because I do I want you happy. Just don't run off and find him too soon or I'll get jealous.” And suddenly he knew his words were true. He was getting maddingly jealous just thinking about it.

“I love you Brit, let me clean up and we can pack. You call your shop and we can leave tonight and be there before midnight.” He kissed her on the cheek.

"Ok...Ok....you win. I will quit my job. I think I won't even bother telling them actually. Makes me feel naughty." Laughing and chuckling to herself when he mentioned running away with him to live happily ever after, Brittney rolled her eyes in delight. "Our money? I dunno, I mean, I know your my father, but it is YOURS. You are just choosing to share it with me. I'm grateful and I will try to learn it is mine as well as yours. Does that mean I get to use the card to? Or maybe put it in to a joint account?" Sticking her tongue out, she smiled.

"He can live with us if I ever find my Mr. Right. Can't he?" It was an interesting topic, but one she knew maybe had to be spoken about one day. "Aww don't be jealous Daddy. I would still visit you everyday and I would do anything you wanted to!" Beaming proudly.

"Fine..I will call them!" Feeling like a teen she did as she was told, heading in to the living area, she sat down on the sofa with the phone in her hand and then pressed to her ear. Twirling her long black hair around her index finger she then spoke to her boss.

A joyousness ran through him when she said she'd quit. He'd never wanted to get a job in the first place and they'd often had this exact same discussion only with a very different out come. An electric thrill ran through him as he realized he'd have her all to himself again. He could not control himself. He stood and hugged her, kissing her cheek. “Oh, Brit, with you working and gone so much it has felt a little like living with a ghost. You can't imagine how happy it makes me to have you back home with me full time.”

He snorted and scoffed at her continued resistance about his sharing his money with her. Hearing her ask about the card and joint account gave him a sudden inspiration. “Yes, Brittney, I think that is just exactly what we should do. The day we get back we go to the bank and add your name to my account and have a card issued to you. It will certainly make both our lives so much easier.” Smirking he teasingly chided her, “And since we already have the same last names they will think I am the luckiest cradle robber that ever lived.” He laughed uproariously. When she stuck her tongue out at him he kissed her on it just to give her a shock and then laughed at he reaction.

He sat back down when she mention Mr. Right living with them. He drained his brandy and poured himself another. He looked up at her. He knew his reaction was up setting her. He sighed and decided brutal honesty was the best approach. “Honey, all fathers hate the idea of any other man touching their little girls, much less the man himself. Somehow I seem to have gotten a double dose of that. Maybe its because it has only been you and I for so long or maybe I was just born over protective. I don't know why, but I am fiercely jealous of you. When young boys come now to pick you up for a date or just a life to work it is all I can do not to go for my back up piece I keep in my bedroom.” He looked at her sadly and said, “So no honey, I do not think I could ever live with you and some other man. I love you more than all the world and you are my live. I would always resent him for taking you from me, even that little bit that I am no longer the most important man your life.”

He smiled at her weakly and downed his second brandy and said with all the cheeriness he could just muster. “Go do what you need to to get ready. I already have a bag packed. Let me clean up in here and call the rental manager and we'll be on our way.” The thought of the week with her did clearly make his smile return warm and bright. She made him happy. She and she alone.

Brittney did love the way he spoke about her, it was almost as though she was the love of his life. Which she knew he was. Something she thought to herself that he needed a woman, someone to help him get over her mother and to help him get on with his own life. But if he seemed happy enough with just his daughter in his life, how could Brittney complain.

"Me and you against the world it is!" A beaming smile fell upon her lips. Her long black ponytail shook from shoulder to shoulder.

"Oooo all that money. I promise now to use it all on shoes OK?" Giggling she wiped her eyes when he said they had the same last name. "Yeah, I could act as some gold digger couldn't I?" Feeling his kiss on her tongue she acted disgusting before laughing once more.

Things got a little more serious however when he mentioned not being able to live with her and another male. It was a touchy subject and one she didn't think was needed to go on and on. "Like I said earlier, it's me and you against the world now. Don't worry about it Daddy." Brittney then left her father's company to go and pack some clothes.

Returning around forty minutes later with a luggage case that was nearly as big as her small frame, she left it out in the open. Placing on her jacket and putting on some shoes, she was ready to head out when her father was ready.

He just gloried in the sheer joy and pleasure she was taking out of this conversation and the immediate trip. He beamed a smile at her like the sun shining down on a single delicate and perfect rose. He chuckled, “Yes, Brittney baby, you and I against the world together.” His eyes went wide and he faux swooned. “A gold digger? Shoes? Have you so completely snowed me baby girl? Am I so blinded by the light of your beauty and charms that you have me wrapped around your little finger?”

He loved the expression she made when he kissed her tongue. He'd missed this, this easiness with her, with any woman really. Now that was an odd thought. Too odd to bother with so he just let it go. He sighed, “Yes, I guess you do. Have me wrapped around your little finger. I still think its a good idea and still trust you, in spite of your tastes in shoes.” He gagged a bit. “When we get back Brit, we will do all that.”

The awkward conversation about his jealousy of her was just that awkward, but had to be had. He was glad when she shrugged it off. At least for now. Then she left like a whirlwind to go pack and call her shop to quit and what ever else you ladies do to get ready for a trip. He called the property manager and informed her that they would be in that night. He finished cleaning up the kitchen and closing up the house. He had just come back inside from taking the last of the bags out to the car when he saw her bag.

He scoffed. “That' all your taking or did you figure you'd start you shopping spree at the beach?” He always teased her about how much she over packed. He picked up her bag and took it out to the car looking back at her and saying, “Lock the door and get in. It's a long drive.” They both climbed in and he looked over to her and winked. “Here we go.” And so they were off on the road to a little sea side cottage whose main features were its seclusion and its tiny size.

"Well yeah, I mean, I have to make sure I get everything I can. I might see some sea shells I like!" Regarding the size of her luggage case. When he picked it up to take it out to the car, the girl followed him, locking the door on the way out. She gave it a push and a pull after locking it just to make sure it was locked.

Inside the big red truck, Brittney climbed in to it and put her belt on over her shoulder down to her hip, clicking it in to place. Smiling as he winked at her, she looked outside and then to the mirror, seeing their home slowly disappear in to the distance. During the journey, Brittney did various things, she spoke with her father about some things, listened to music with her headphones and also put on a movie using her iPad. It had been so long since they had last been to the cottage that Brittney had forgotten just how far it was.

Soon enough, she fell asleep. Head against the window, eyes closed with her mouth partly open. Hands were resting in between her legs by her knees. The beauty looked so innocent sleeping. She had offered to drive also if her father had got to tired.

He laughed at her answering response to his teasing about her suitcase. He carried it out to the truch and threw it in.. After slipping behind the wheel he watched her lock up, get in and fasten her safety belt. After a quick word he pulled and watched her out of the corner of his eye as she watched their receding home in the mirror. He smiled and thought how lucky a bastard he was to have such a beautiful, intelligent and loyal daughter. She was a real wonder.

During the long drive they chatted and she smirked as she listened to her music or watched a movie. He felt a stab of pride when she offered to drive. Even after a full day's work she still worried about him. It sent a warm feeling through his chest. He told her no, that it really was not necessary. And yes it was a really long drive at night. When next he looked over she was asleep. Dear heave she was beautiful.

It was close to midnight when they arrived. Not wanting to wake her he slipped out of the truck gently and took everything in. It really was a small cottage. Not much more than two rooms. A large bedroom with a bath and a smaller living room with a build in kitchen. It was decorated with all the usual beach trappings, down to the nautical theme and white wicker love seat and chair. When he had everything inside and set roughly where it belonged he returned to the truck.

He smiled and his heart sailed at seeing his lovely and sweet girl sleeping with her head against the window. He gently opened the door and let her fall into his arms. He lifted her up and began to carry her into the cottage.

Eyes slowly opened and closed. A nuzzle of her head in to the soft fabric made her feel comfortable, but not comfortable enough to fall back to sleep. Finding herself awake, those big eyes looked around to see the room which she had shared with her parents when they used to visit the cottage when she was younger.

Yawning, she rolled on to her back and wiped her face with her hands. Still dressed in her clothing, she stood up and finally saw her father laying in bed. Smiling lightly, she turned and saw her luggage so she unfastened it, taking a fresh pair of clothes and tended to the bathroom.

Joined to the bedroom, the door was pushed to and Brittney started to strip as the bath ran warm water. Once naked, her perky breasts and trimmed pubic region slowly climbed in to the bath where she sat back and relaxed.

He had brought her in and laid her gently in the bed on the far side against the wall. He'd already brought the bags into the cottage and not moved the pertinent ones to the bedroom, including her monstrous one. He'd gone back out to the truck to check and make sure he'd gotten everything and lock it. Then he stepped back into the cottage and looked around to be sure everything was in order and enjoy the rush of memories and experiences he and she had had there. When satisfied he went back into the bed room and took off his watch and put it together with his wallet, money clip and other assorted items on the bedside table before stripping to his boxer and a tee shirt and climbing into bed with Brittany. He put his arm around her and hugged her close.

He felt her climb over himself to get up. He listened as she rifled through her suit case and head to the bathroom. He rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, but as so often happens, particularly with men, he had the sudden need to use the rest room. In fact the need was so strong he had what was sometimes in men, called a piss hard on. He sat up and tried to ignore it and wait her out, but soon it became too pressing a need. He got up and walked over to the bathroom door and knocked. “Brittany, honey, I've got to use the restroom. Pull the shower curtain.” He waited a moment and walked into the bathroom. His boxers were tented because of his waking hardness.

The water soaked in to her skin as she submerged herself under the surface. That long gorgeous hair became heavy and lost it's bounce as she came up for air. Running her hands over her face, Brittney wiped away the water and took a breath before resting against the edge and relaxing.

Hearing a knock on the door, the girl turned her attention to it and answered. "Yeah?"

"Dad! I'm in the bath! Couldn't it wait?" Leaning over to the far end of the tub where her feet were, she pulled the curtain, it scraped along the rail at the top and covered the bath, hiding the daughter from sight. "OK, done!" Footsteps were heard on the other side of the tub, she knew he had entered.

He rushed into the bathroom and over to the toilet and relieved himself. She heard a deep satisfied sigh. “I'm sorry honey. Sometimes with men, right on waking the need to go is so bad it can cause … reactions in out bodies that gets down right painful.” She heard the toilet flush and the sink run. The she did not hear him leave. Instead it sounded like he'd sat on the seat of the toilet.

He sighed and rubbed his face. “I know, I know honey. But I'm already in here and the curtain I pulled anyway.” She could almost hear the humor in his voice now. “Besides honey, you're my baby girl. I changed your diapers. You don't have anything I've never seen before.” He actually chuckled a bit. He yawned. “It was a long drive, sweetie, and I am half asleep. You'll have to forgive me if I'm just a little punch drunk.”

Another sigh and yawn. “So what do you think of the cottage? Is it as good as you remember?” She could clearly hear in his voice he was groggy and still a bit, as he said, “punch drunk” and not thinking completely clearly. “I'm glad we came honey, I've been missing you. Missing how close we've always been and it just didn't feel right, each of us trying to live our own separate lives and happening to share a house. At least that's how it started to feel to me.”

He yawned yet again. “I'm sorry honey. It seems all I can do right now is ramble about nothing.” She heard him rise and a moment later the shower curtain pulled back, not far, just a foot or so. He leaned in and gave her a light and dazed kiss. It was clear he was so out of it he was noticing or seeing anything expect what he had to force himself to focus on. “Don't fall asleep in her honey. Come back to bed soon. I found out tonight I've missed cuddling up with you all these years since you “grew up” too much to sleep with your daddy.” And then his face was gone and he was shuffling out of the bathroom. He'd left the door wide open.

Back
Top Bottom