Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fall (Abilicious & rskde)

Abiliciousxxx

Planetoid

The Fall: Chapter One

"Katherine!"

Mrs. Bennett's voice carried up the stairs, penetrating the door that sealed off her daughter's bedroom. Kat had promised to leave it open on account of her mother's mistrust of Curtis Webster, Kat's lab partner, but the frequent noise from downstairs had compelled the teenager to close it. She'd promised that she and Curt were just studying, that she had nothing to worry about, and she meant it too. Kat had a knack for studying, enjoyed it, and the result was that she was the pride of the school board, and a dead cert for class valedictorian.

"Can you come here a minute?!"

"Just a minute, mom!"

She rolled her eyes, apologised to Curt and told him she'd be right back. She was having a hard enough time getting him to take this as seriously as she did without being called away and giving him time to lose focus again. Ironically, this was exactly the flaw that Mr. McKinnon had sought to address when he assigned lab partners instead of allowing the students to pick and choose among themselves. Practise had shown that the smart kids tended to team up together, the less interested kids did likewise, and the result was that the class' overall grades varied greatly from pairing to pairing. Almost as soon as Kat was gone, Curt's mind began to wander.

The young Bennett girl's bedroom was a mirror of its inhabitant. The walls were a warm cream colour, pristine and clean, and bordered at waist height by a pink and grey band whose colour scheme continued below in vertical stripes. Her bed was made, her bookshelves were ordered, and the notepads and folders that sat on her desk were all clearly sectioned with colour-coded tabs. Her drawers were white, the unit's top home to porcelain figures and a silver unicorn with a pink and white felt scarf.

Idle curiosity drew Curt towards Kat's bedside locker, indifferent to the blank, unmoving gaze of the fluffy brown bear that sat upon it, keeping watch. The top two drawers yielded little of interest, but the bottom drawer held a cardboard shoebox that seemed oddly out of place. Without giving it too much thought, he slid the box forward an inch and lifted the lid. What he found was beyond surprising. Katherine Bennett, grade A student and valedictorian candidate, had a box of sex toys in her bottom drawer. Here was a small, silver bullet vibrator, there a larger, objectionably pink companion. Most striking of all were the two life-like rubber cocks, identical in every regard save for a small sticker at the base of one that bore the initials D.T. Suddenly, footsteps sounded in the stairwell.

"Oh! Katherine?!" The footsteps halted.

"Yes, mom?"

"Does Curtis need a lift home?"

"No, mom."

Mrs. Bennett's question bought Curt the time he needed to close the box and drawer, and just in time too. A moment later Kat returned, and closed the door behind her.

"Sorry about that."​

RE: The Fall (Abilicious & TBD)

Curt quickly and quietly closed the drawer, he returned to where they had been studying and planted himself in his seat. He took his pencil from on top of his paper, he bit the inside of his cheek while he pretended to be studying.

He looked up when she walked in and nodded to her. "Hey, that's alright." He said while he gave her a smile, the knowledge of her little secret tucked into the back of his mind. He wondered to himself about how she could hide so much, she truly was smart. However now that he knew this information, he planned on using it to his advantage.

"You have a pretty paranoid mom, don't cha'?" He said while he raised his eyebrows at her. He leaned back and tapped his fingers against his leg while he continued to look at the problem that they faced. "Do you have any idea on what this is? I've got no fucking clue." He said with a chuckle.

RE: The Fall (Abilicious & TBD)

Katherine smiled glumly, sounding a silent laugh by way of expelling air through her nostrils. She wouldn't have used the word paranoid to describe her mother, but she knew that Curt wasn't wrong. The woman had raised her well, cared for her well-being, and as much as her love could be suffocating, Kat was grateful that she had a mother who cared. She knew people at school whose parents didn't care as much, or who gave their children a freer reign. Those kids tended not to turn out so well. They seemed to enjoy their freedom for sure, but there grades were never as good, and their futures weren't as promising.

"It's centripetal force," she replied, looking over at the problem before Curt and pulling up her chair. She slipped her hands behind her thighs as she sat, straightening out the ends of her floral dress so as not to crumple it when she lowered herself into the seat.

"m is for the mass," she went on, pointing one delicate finger at the basic representation of an object. "v is the velocity, and r is the radius to the point of rotation."

She glanced at her partner, decided that he needed an example, and began to describe the inward pressure of an object moving in a circular path. She had a good grasp of physics—actually of all the sciences, and of any other subjects she studied—but she wasn't particularly well versed in the field of explanation, so she tried to keep her example straightforward. The silver heart pendant hanging around her neck, a few inches above the square-cut breast of her dress, swung lightly as she leaned forward, and she found herself elaborating more and more, baring a sliver of her fascination with the operational laws of the natural world.​

Curt raised his eyebrows at her in response to her silent laugh. He ran a hand through his hair and bit the inside of his cheek while she explained the problem to him. His blank stare had probably prompted the explanation however he still didn't really understand, physics was not his cup of tea. To him, she seemed like a complete genius, it intimidated him almost, having someone outsmart him was not really something he enjoyed.

"So.. You've explained all of this stuff." He said, which cut her off in the middle of her explanation. "But I don't see the real life application of this." He said to her, his eyes flicked down to the desk for just a moment before returning to her. "Like.. You can explain this stuff all you want to me, but the problem is that if I don't see it fitting into real life I'm not going to be able to understand it." He said to her.

"Can you explain it again? Maybe put it into words I can actually understand." He suggested, his eyes locked on to the silver necklace hanging off of her neck. Curt was tempted to ask a question about what exactly it was, where it came from, but he decided maybe it would be beneficial to not interrupt her again. "Sorry for interrupting." He said while leaning back in his chair, his eyes returned to the problem on his paper, his pencil doodled on the paper while he listened to her.

Katherine paused. Not for the first time tonight she felt unsure what to make of Curt. She hadn't exactly been overjoyed at the prospect of partnering up with him, aware as she was that most girls at school would find such a notion unconceivable. He was one of the most attractive boys in her year, but... well, he was one of those guys. A jock. He was supposed to date cheerleaders and pull nerds' underwear over their own heads if at all possible. He wasn't supposed to apologise for interrupting her.

"Um... ok. So like... Imagine you have something tied to a piece of rope. If you start to spin in a circle, the object keeps moving around you in a circle, right? Centripetal force is just the force that keeps it moving in a circle, in this case the rope. If the rope suddenly disappeared, then the object would fly away."

She used the book for reference to explain how such an example related to the formula on the page, and prayed that she wouldn't have to go through this kind of thing too often. If she'd been working with Cindy like she usually did they would be halfway through their assignment by now, but Curt didn't seem to have half of the understanding that she and her friend did. The courtesy he'd shown did soften any ill feelings she felt at being forced to work with someone less smart than she, but it was still a pain. She even wondered if purposefully doing poorly on the assignment (still passing, of course!) would convince Mr. McKinnon that his endeavour had been a misguided one.​

His eyes caught the hesitation in her voice, she hadn't been expecting the apology, did she really believe he was that stereotypical? He had had some bad experiences with dating cheerleaders, normally he would have to compete with other guys on the football team for their attention, it had just gotten annoying, one of them had gone far enough to have cheated on him, and at that moment he had called off on dating any of those sluts.

Though he was one of the more attractive men in the Senior class, he wasn't dating any body at that moment and he had been ignoring the small fanbase that had formed for him among the women of his year, he didn't want someone who would just drool over him constantly. Which is the reason he was so intrigued by Kat, she didn't really seem to care, she was a girl who had something to hide on top of that, and she wasn't all over him like anybody else would be.

Curt nodded, before he gave her a small smile. "Thanks, we can move on." He said, not wanting to hold them up any longer. He wrote down the notes she had given him, which allowed him to piece together the question at hand. "Right, so if what you're saying is correct.. Which I don't doubt it is, we could do some more research.. Maybe prepare a presentation on the effects of.. What's it called.. Centripetal Force in space?" He said. "I did pay attention when McKinnon mentioned how Physics work in space, so we could probably impress him with that." He said before he shrugged his shoulders. "Probably sounds like a stupid idea to you, but honestly that's all I've got." Curt said while he raised his hand to the back of his head, his fingers ran through his growing locks.

He remembered a time where he kept it short.. Those days had ended years ago. He looked up at her again while he gauged her reaction, he wanted to know if his idea even sparked a little bit of interest in her.

"You mean like... artificial gravity?"

Her eyebrows raised a little in surprise. That wasn't a bad idea at all. It would be more like a centrifugal force, but that only existed in when you looked at it from a rotating reference frame; the actual force was more akin to centripetal force.

"That's not a bad idea," she smiled, impressed.

Already she had a few ideas on how they could go about turning it into a presentation, and her blue eyes lit up as she began to run them by Curt, pausing here and there to explain things in such a manner as he could understand them. The experience was wholly unlike working with Cindy. With her there was a shared knowledge, and once one of them voiced an idea the other invariably knew where it came from and where it was going. With Curt, though, there was less fluidity of ideas, and having to explain things certainly slowed down her usual work rate, but there were surprises too. He didn't think about things the way she did, didn't have as deep an understanding of the source material, nor the history and evolution of scientific ideas. He was not, however, as stupid as she'd believed.​

Once they'd settled on a plan, she pulled out a fresh notebook and flipped the cover, titling the page and even marking the date in the top right corner. Once she got going she was like a locomotive, and only Curt's interjections halted the flow of ideas. No matter what he said to her—and no matter how dumb he did or didn't feel about a particular idea or suggestion—Kat seemed to have a way of making it work. If not, she could pick up on his train of thought and suggest a different means of realising the same idea. The project quickly took shape, and already she was looking forward to researching anything that needed to be researched, and to putting it all together.

"Yeah.. I guess." He said to her. "It'd be cool to see astronauts be able to walk around in spaceships like normal.. I read an article about how they come back from space and have spine issues from the zero gravity." He said to her.

Curt seemed a little surprised that she thought he had a good idea, not really used to being praised by someone as smart as she was.

He tried not to interrupt too much, but he did have questions about some of the things she brought up. He watched her work, impressed at how fast she just worked when she had an idea in her mind. He looked over at her work before he pulled out his phone and started to type into Google. He showed her the article he had mentioned before he started to acquire notes from it, his pencil scribbled frantically on his science journal as he began finding things he assumed to be beneficial to the project, often he asked if the notes were okay, he wanted her opinion to ensure their grade wouldn't suffer.

"Does your mom ever get on your back about grades?" He asked idly as he continued to write down notes. "My parents are always all over me about them." He said with a laugh. "No offense, but that's why I was a little excited to get you as a partner, not to carry me or anything, just.. The guys I normally pair up with are like me, y'know?" He said. "It just.. Doesn't work to our advantage." He admitted before he looked up at her. "So without a doubt this'll probably be my best grade yet." He said, his attention focused back to his notes now, he felt as if he had just let her know that he was using her or something, though that's not what he intended to do.

Katherine looked back with a soft smile, her cheeks dimpling faintly. She wondered if she wasn't wrong about Curt, if maybe he'd changed, or if he'd never been the self-interested jock she thought he was... or if he was just a good actor. It occurred to her that he was in her room, and that he'd commented on her mom being paranoid. She had taken that remark as nothing more than an observation, but she couldn't be sure that he wasn't hoping to take advantage of being where he was. He hadn't really given her that impression, but she couldn't be sure.

"I... yeah, I guess that was the idea, right?"

She smiled a little more bashfully this time, aware that remarking upon the idea behind Mr. McKinnon's method cast Curt and her by default on opposite sides of a spectrum of 'smart' to 'not so smart,' or at least one of good grades versus bad. For all of her aptitude, Katherine was quite a modest girl.​

Curt gave her a smile, he had seen the slight blush that had appeared on her face. His face reddened a little as he looked back down at his paper. He tried to cover up the fact that she had made him do that, perhaps he would be able to play it off. He straightened himself, his hand reaches up and rubbed his forehead as he continued to write. He pushed his paper over to her and eyed her.

"Are the notes good? I just.. Y'know, wanna run them by you to make sure." He explained while he bit the inside of his cheek, as if her opinion mattered to him, which it did considering she would be the one to get them the good grade.

He sat back in his chair and watched her just for a moment before standing, he straightened his shirt before he looked over at her again.

"I'm gonna get some fresh air." He said to her before he walked downstairs.

Curt walked outside, going around to the back of the house. He grabbed a pack of cigarettes from his bag, he had gotten them from one of the guys on his team, he had started mostly because his parents were both smokers, and they seemed relaxed. He figured the best thing to calm him down was the cigarettes.

He lit one and places it into his mouth. He sighed softly and watched the gray plume of smoke that escaped from his lungs, he immediately felt calmer from the nicotine. He smoked it until it was nothing but a nub, he put it out and slipped it into a plastic bag before he stuffed it back into his backpack. He walked back inside, Curt hoped the smell wouldn't be obvious.

The smell was obvious, but so it is with smokers; that is the burden they bear. Katherine didn't comment on it though, and simply remarked that his notes were good. They weren't taken and divided into groups with the same painstaking specificity as her own, but then nobody's notes were as particular as hers. She found great joy in writing with pen and paper, and her pencil case was stuffed with pens of various colours so that she never ran the risk of being without inks of varying colours. Titles were usually done in green, the bulk of her writing in blue, and important elaborations in red. There was something very aesthetic about the appearance of a written line of colour upon a white page.

She was still sitting where he left her when he returned, her back slightly hunched as she leafed through his notes and his, her mind running through what she would need to look up. It might take a couple of days, and she had no real idea how much Curt would collaborate with her on it, but she was determined to get a A regardless. His idea had been a good one, and she was quite confident of being able to turn it into a top mark.

"So... do you want to meet again to write everything up?" she asked, a little uncertain. "I can go to the library after school, and we could write it up on Friday evening."

She almost cringed when she said that. Friday evening? Curt would probably have plans. The weekend was probably no better, but the project wasn't due in until the Wednesday of next week.

"Or whenever," she added.​

She didn't seem to notice the smell.. Good, he didn't want her to think less of him because of his habit. He nodded to her when she commented that his notes were fine, at least he did something to contribute to the project. He sat back down and took his notebook, having already ripped the page with the notes out of it, and shoved it into his bag, it neatly slid into the space between his cigarettes and a jersey he was taking home to wash it.

Curt sealed his bag and looked up at her as she spoke to him, waiting patiently for her to stop speaking. He stopped for a moment to think about if he had any plans for the weekend, but he really couldn't think of anything.

"Friday night sounds good, I don't have any plans for the weekend so I can come over Saturday too if we need more time." He said to her. "I have practice Friday afternoon and on Sunday but I can definitely make Friday." He said.

He stood up and nodded to her. "Have a nice night, Katherine." He said to her before he walked downstairs, he gave her mother a goodye before he left the house. He drove himself home and slipped inside, he didn't want to wake his parents. He moved into his room and put himself to bed after he grabbed himself a quick meal. He went to bed, school in the morning stressed him out but for some reason he was able to sleep throughout the whole night. His thoughts drifted to Katherine for some odd reason.. He hadn't really noticed her before but now that he had seen that drawer of hers he was genuinely curious about the dark side of the girl who seemed so innocent.

Chapter Two

Liberty Jean Weston was still in her uniform when she arrived at the football team's practise session that Friday afternoon. Cheerleading drills had wound down early, and she had made her way directly to the football field instead of the changing rooms. She needed to catch Curt before he hit the locker room himself, need here being more representative of the strength of her motivation than of any actual necessity. She had his phone number and knew where he lived; what she lacked was patience. She often claimed to need instead of want, and was not used to taking no for answer. She came from an affluent family raised by a weak-willed father and a mother whose ambition was often misguided by pride. Her sense of altruism wasn't lacking, per se, but it was well buried beneath the twin dogs of haughtiness and entitlement.

Libby had dated Curt officially for close to six months before word got around that she'd given Darnel Buckley a blowjob behind the P.E. hall after school. She had owned up when confronted with the accusation, and flew into a rage when the quarterback told her that he didn't want to see her anymore. She yelled at him, told him he wasn't as well-endowed as Darnel (albeit in more crude terms than that), and threatened to blow his football teammate again if he didn't want to see her anymore. The relationship had ended there and then, and Libby had made good on her threat, and then some. By the time senior year rolled around, it was as though nothing had happened. She warmed up to Curt again, flirted with him, and showed every sign that she'd like to get back with him again, if he'd have her.

That Friday afternoon, She was waiting for him when practise ended, positioned where he'd have to pass her, and poised alluringly against the railing that bordered the practice pitch. Her arms were folded across the horizontal bar, situated beneath her breasts so as to give them an extra bit of lift, and to accentuate the cleavage provided by the low cut of her uniform. Her blonde hair was tied back in a low ponytail, and her bright green eyes honed in on Curt as he made his way off the field. Despite the exertion from cheerleading practise, she oozed sensuous and irresistible sexuality. She possessed a permanent beauty, and looked radiant no matter the time or situation.

"Hey stud," she chimed, flashing her warmest, most seductive smile, and leaned forward a little to further emphasise the valley between her breasts. "Whatcha doin' tonight?"​

Friday practices were always the worst to Curt, it was the fact that he was so close to going home for the weekend after school but he still had football practice to look forward to. This practice had been exhausting for the quarterback, almost constant running and senseless drilling had made the team's morale go down beyond the level it was meant to be at.

When Curt saw Libby, the day got a little bit better. He had liked her a lot Junior year, she was genuinely a good girlfriend, attractive, social, and popular, his status had gotten a huge boost after dating her, it was the mutual benefit between them that had kept them together in the long run.

But when she admitted openly to blowing one of his teammates? That had pissed him off. She had no right to be angry at him for her decision but she had been any way, so for the past year he had mostly been ignoring the blonde cheerleader. But today was different, his mind was not as sharp as it normally was, so when he had seen this sexy girl calling to him, he responded almost immediately.

"Hey Libby." He said while he walked over to her, he leaned against the railing she was leaning against. "Ah.. I've got some studying to do tonight, but I'm free when I get home." He said.

Curt was still wearing his football gear at this point, he was drenched in sweat which really allowed his muscular frame to be seen through his jersey, the padding blocked some of his upper chest and his shoulders but the rest was open for Libby's eyes to see.

"I was just about to go get changed and drive home." He explained to her.

"Studying?" she echoed, arching one incredulous eyebrow. "You? Studying? On a Friday night? Ok, Captain Nerdlinger."

She shot him a teasing grin, and unashamedly allowed her eyes to wander over his muscular torso. They promised much, her emerald orbs, but she refrained from commenting on his appearance, or on why she was interested in what he was doing tonight. Her gaze didn't hide much, however. She recalled the spell during which they'd dated, remembered how it felt to take him inside her. Memories of his lean body atop hers, and of his body arching in pleasure as she brought him to orgasm from her knees excited her to no end, but she didn't let it show. Her attraction to him had experienced something of a renaissance since school had started up again, fuelled in part by the fear that maybe, after all she'd done, she couldn't have him.

To her credit, she had at least been honest with him about what had happened with Darnel. That didn't make up for what she'd done, but in her mind it wasn't that big a deal, and she felt she deserved more credit than she actually did for her honesty. Of course, once she had admitted it to him, the whole school had found out that the rumours were true. Word tended to get around. All of that seemed but a shadow to her now, lingering only in the fear that there might be one boy in the school who would reject her. She was quite pleased to find no signs of reluctance in him now, just as she'd been excited to find, upon starting the year, that the animosity between had dissipated.

"I've got to be home for dinner," she continued, rolling her eyes as she uttered something about an aunt coming round, and having to make appearances and the like. "I thought maybe we could catch a movie this evening."​

"Hey, you know my parents, if my grades go down again they're gonna try to get me off of the team." He said to her.

The football team was obviously important to him, not only was it a way to maintain popularity but it was also something he was good at, and had friends within it, which was also something he valued above all else.

His eyes caught hers when they were wandering, though he didn't seem to mind. He reached up with one hand to lightly rub the back of his head. His mind wandered just for a moment, the thought of ditching Katherine wasn't exactly appealing, though he hadn't done anything with Libby in a year and a half so he was leaning more towards the movie.. Besides, they had until next Wednesday, plenty of time for them to just get their project done on Sunday or Monday.

"A movie sounds like fun." He said to her while he nodded his head in her direction. "You can pick the movie, I'll pick you up at around.. Six thirty?" He asked her. "Unless you want to drive yourself." He shrugged.

His arms crossed over his chest as he looked in her direction, awaiting her response. The idea of seeing Libby again excited him, he could recall many sexual endeavors they had forged together, he hadn't been able to find someone like Libby, so why not see Libby again? Maybe she was different.

"Great! Make it seven thirty and we have a deal," she grinned. She was well aware that she wouldn't be able to get away before then, and besides, she would need time to get ready.

After finalising the arrangements and saying her goodbyes—she made a point of telling Curt that she was looking forward to hanging out with him, though she purposefully avoided using the word 'again'—Libby retreated to the changing rooms, and shortly thereafter drove home to dine with her family. She hadn't been lying when she said that she was looking forward to hanging out with Curt; she was actually quite excited at the prospect of spending time with him, be it that it would result in the rekindling of an old flame, or just a simple ego boost in the light of his willingness to hang out one-on-one with her again. Truth be told, the latter was of more importance; the former, if it occurred, would be a bonus.

By seven thirty that evening, Libby was washed and fed, and ready to go. Dinner had been more of a chore than a pleasure, owing in large part to her aunt's insistence on touting the virtues of her own teenage daughter, who she would have you believe was the most wonderful young woman in the entire country. Libby had met her cousin often enough to form her own opinion of the girl, and didn't think she amounted to much. Having finally pried herself away from the table in time to style her hair and apply a demure amount of make-up, she dressed simply in a sequinned, off-the-shoulder top, and navy skinny jeans that moulded so tightly to her hips and ass that she had to jump up and down just to get into them. Black wedges and a silver bracelet completed her look, and she was left satisfied with the sleek, sexy young woman that stared back at her in the mirror. She wanted to look good for Curt. It was just a movie, but one could dress casually and still show enough skin to entice fit young quarterbacks.​

Curt drove himself home to get himself some dinner and finish up some homework he had been assigned earlier that day. He reached down to his phone and turned it on. He typed out a quick message to Katherine, he didn't want her to feel as if he had ditched her, after all. 'Hey, I'm hanging out with friends tonight, can't make it, sorry!' before he pressed send. He hoped she would understand.

Once he got dinner he readied himself for.. Could he have called it a date? He walked into his room and took a quick shower. He dressed himself in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, he combed his hair so that it looked presentable at least. His mind was still attempting to process how he felt about Libby wanting to hang out with him, he wondered the reasons behind it, maybe she still liked him.. Or she was just looking for some way to make herself popular again after that whole business last year. He pushed the thought out of his mind, he didn't want it to ruin his night.

He got into his car and drove to Libby's house, having remembered her address off the top of his head. He approached her door and knocked on it, he didn't bother to call out, Curt figured that she would know who it was. He waited impatiently for her to show up, he did want to get to the movies, after all.

"I got it, mom!" Libby called out as she hurried down the stairs, a gold-clasped, black leather clutch under one arm. "It's for me!"

"Ok! Don't be home too late!"

Mrs. Weston got no reply to that, but that was nothing out of the ordinary. Her daughter had a strong sense of independence, at least when it came to dealing with her parents, and though she was proud of her, she often wished that she was more reliable. She was rarely, if ever, home by a pre-designated time, so much so that Mrs. Weston had all but given up on asking her to be home by a given time at all. Libby was going to do her own thing, and if she met any resistance along the way she would fight it to the bitter end. It was easier for everyone concerned to simply let her do as she pleased.

"Hey, Curt!" beamed the teenager upon opening the door, her glossy pink lips curling into a wide smile before she clasped him in a tight hug. Her wedges gave her an extra few inches to diminish the considerable height gap between the pair of them, and her breasts pressed to his chest, reminiscent of days past. "Lookin' good!"

She was giddy with excitement, and evidently in no mood to hang around. She didn't like to spend much time at home, and when she was home she invariably remained in her room, preferring to ignore the household tedium. No sooner was she over the threshold of the doorway than she was closing the door behind her and accompanying Curt to his car. She made idle conversation along the way, and her smile lingered until long after she had slipped into the passenger seat and closed the door after her.

Across town, Katherine Bennett stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her lithe body, her head now clear from the regret of giving Curt too much credit. When he'd been with her on Wednesday night he had seemed so unlike her preconceptions of him, and to a degree perhaps that still stood, but she felt foolish for thinking for even a moment that he might be as dedicated to the project as she was. She didn't blame him—they lived different lives, after all—but it was only natural to judge him based on his actions. She dried and dressed herself, set out the notes she had gathered, and sat down to do an hour or so's work.​

Curt flashed her a grin when she opened the door, his arms wrapped around her in response to her hug. "Hey, you don't look so bad yourself." He said with a chuckle. "You always manage to dress to impress, don't you?" He asked.

Of course the key thing he had noticed about her outfit was how much skin she was willing to show, maybe tonight he would get lucky. Just the thought of them catching up had him a little excited already. He walked with her to his car, when he was about to open the door for her she just did it herself, he had forgotten about her independence over the last year and a half. He stepped into the driver's seat and secured himself with his seatbelt before he started to drive to the movie theater.

"So, what movie did you settle on?" He asked. "Unless you just want to pick when we get there." He said while he kept his eyes on the road, he didn't want to get them into an accident, after all. However, despite this his eyes occasionally slipped over to eye her, she had really picked the outfit that would get him going, though she probably knew that already.

Curt took a deep breath as they pulled into the movie theater parking lot, he unbuckled his seatbelt before he looked over at her. "Ready?" He asked while he raised his eyebrows at her.

"Yeah," she smiled back, holding his gaze for a moment before turning and exiting the vehicle. The car ride had been pleasant. She'd shared her latest gossip with Curt, teased him when she felt he wasn't as interested in the news as she was, and even flirted with him a little. She had promised him that they wouldn't go to see anything too bad, though Curt knew from experience that her taste in films was skewed heavily towards teen and romantic comedies. Anything focused on explosions was too boyish for her, anything with an intricate plot was too boring, and as for foreign films...

"I have to read enough in school," she'd once quipped. "I'm not going to pay to read in the cinema."

Perhaps predictably, she wanted to see the new Bridget Jones film, and had purchased two tickets using the carte blanche he had given her earlier. She picked the tickets up at the desk, linked her arm through his and swung out of him lightly, and before entering the screening room she pleaded playfully with him to purchase a large popcorn so that she wouldn't have to eat a whole serving to herself, explaining that she was trying to watch her figure.​

Curt followed her into the cinema to buy their tickets. He had almost groaned when she picked the new 'Bridget Jones' movie, he had almost forgotten how her taste in movies was. But he had decided to be respectful, so he didn't make any comment on the movie. He watched her take the tickets and gave her a nod as they stepped away from the ticket booth.

His face shifted into a grin when her arm linked with his, he walked with her over to the concessions stand and raised his eyebrows at her plead. "Large popcorn it is." He said before he ordered the popcorn for the two of them.

Curt took the bucket as it came out. "Which theater is it in?" He asked as they approached the theater areas.

He looked around for the sign that would point them in the right direction, his arm still loosely looped with hers as they searched. "Ah, found it." He said before he entered the theater they had tickets for.

As with most twenty-first century Hollywood movies, the film was precisely as one might have imagined. Libby laughed more genuinely and more often than Curt did, ate more of his popcorn than her preamble had suggested she would, and was not afraid to make a few snide or humorous remarks under her breath, bringing her lips close to Curt's ear each time she did so. She cast a polar opposite to the girl he was supposed to have spent the night with: where Kat was quiet and withdrawn, Libby was so full of life one feared she might pop at any moment, and where the former's appeal was muted and demure, the latter oozed sexuality with each suggestive flick of her hand. When she smiled, her eyes promised much.

She was happy to out with him again. She'd always felt that they made for the perfect couple—the head of the cheerleading squad and the school's star quarterback. It was perfectly Hollywood. She enjoyed the film immensely, and was back to swinging out of his arm by the time it was finished, giggling at this or that joke, gasping afresh at one or the other of the film's more dramatic moments. She even had a suggestive comment or two to make about Ed Sheeran, acting under the misapprehension that his red hair somehow made him Irish. She was, of course, wrong.​

Curt sat through the movie, he had humored her suggestions and listened to her comments whenever she had made them, he had just eaten dinner so he wasn't in the mood for popcorn so he essentially had let her have the whole thing. By the time the movie was over he was happy to be leaving the theater, the best thing about the movie was having Libby with him to watch it, that way he didn't even have to pay any attention to the film, he could just give Libby the attention she required. His arm snaked through hers as they left, he threw away his trash as they left the theater.

"Hold on." He said to her as they left the theater, he grabbed his pack of smokes from his pocket, lighting one up and took a drag before he offered one to her. "Want one?" He asked her, the lighter still in his hand in case she happened to want one. He walked back to the car with her, the cigarette was still in his mouth, he didn't feel that he was addicted to them at this point, but they did help him calm down, so why could possibly be wrong with that?

He leant against his car as he started to finish off the cigarette. He flicked it away before he looked over at Libby. "Where to next, Lib?" He asked.

Back
Top Bottom