Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Long Way Round (Winter.Nights.Yuu & Halune)

winter.nights.yuu

Banned
Banished
08fc1dad92608c67e7f6f0335fc06be1.jpg

Gloria, aged 21, Irish-American.

"Damn it! We...are almost out of gas, baby." Gloria nervously told her girlfriend, and sighed deeply as she steered their camping van deep into Nevada's desert, no-man's land. The two decided to make this adventurous trip, almost living the nomadic existence, going around the country. Unnerved, sho noticed a gradual decrease in the vehicle's speed. From 60 MPH, down to 45 MPH, down to a worrying 25 miles per hour. One jerrycan got used up the day before, and it was goodbye to a dozen extra miles that they needed to reach the next town. The two girls roamed the lonely roads surrounded by the Nevada deserts. "Where is that gas station when we need one."

It was 8 PM, and still no hope in sight. A summer's night neared, as the evening sun had shifted from its position high up in the sky, and gradualy set low, until it just hung above the edge of the horizon. At a slow, pathetic pace of only 20 MPH, trying to save the remaining fuel left, Gloria's eyes noticed something in the far distance. It was unmistakable, her spirit crawled from that well of hopelessness. She lets out a sigh of relief, a heavy, uneasy load taken off her once troubled soul.

"There's one up ahead!" She lets out a laughter, a smile having returned on her face. Though it looked rather abandoned, somewhat delapidated, but it was a functioning gas station. But she was on guard, one might never know what shady creeps might lurk in those places.

Having stopped the van at the station, Gloria kissed her girlfriend softly on the lips, with a wide grin, "I'm going to fill this baby up with as much gas as it can possibly carry." she smiled, then took a breather outside after having parked their camper van to where Glory could conveniently fill ther gas tank, she also decides to refill their jerrycan or two. Then she proceeded to pay, as the gas station cashier was happy to see another customer in a few days time. Business wasn't going well for the guy as of lately. But their arrival meant extra bucks for the gas company, and extra miles for the travelers.

Something, however, seemed wrong. One of Gloria's fears. A puncture, albeit light in nature, they already used up a spare a few days back. She called her girlfriend, "It may seem that we need to camp out here, until we find a spare."

04c10c36310fe5f7775772792bf0f28e.jpg

Marlee, aged 19, WASP

"Crap.", was all that Marlee could say. She hated it when people called her that however, it was the name given to her by her parents. She didn't want to be reminded of her time there, of her time before Gloria. She looked around, hoping for any sign of a place to fuel up. She did not want to get stranded out here, surrounded by a whole lot of nothing.

Finally, after what seems like ages, and a constantly sinking indicator, Gloria saw something. Marlee sighs in relief, there is hope. The gas station didn't look too nice, but then again, most of them were far from pleasant places. Marlee always felt a little frightened, even with the love of her life.

The girl blushed at the kiss, they still make her feel like she's floating. This was a grand adventure for her, greater than anything she had ever even dreamed of. She remained seated, waiting for Gloria to return, almost completely lost in her night-time daydreaming.

But her fantasies were cut short, she heard the alarm. And alarm meant something bad.

Quickly, Marlee jumped from the van: "Oh please no. Not again. Where are we ever going to find anything useful out here?"

She saw the disappointment in Gloria, and almost purely on instinct, leaned over, and kissed her on the cheek. "But at least I have you here."

"I hear you, love." Gloria felt rather frustrated. But it was Marlee's kiss on the cheek that eased Gloria's heart. With a warm smile, Gloria embracing her, "And if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have the courage to travel like this at all." her soft hands caressed Marlee's chin, sliding up to her cheeks, then proceeded to kiss her girl passionately. Then her lips slides from the girl's lips to her left cheek, to eventually land upon her left neck, kissing that area passionately once more. Then her eyes caught something, "Gosh, a creep is watching us." Gloria noticed a guy, likely the cashier, standing by the entrance of the station's itself, the place having a convenience store.

"Let's go check inside, love." she smiled, "we're kinda short of supplies." and gently held Marlee's hand so to lead her inside. But before entering in, the guy, in his mid 40s, look at good look at them, slightly blocking their way inside. Taking a good puff from his sigar, he asked if the two were lesbians, or even bi. Furthermore, he complimented both girls on looking very hot and attractive. Gloria pretended not to take notice of those empty words, as she said, the guy did look like a creep. If he was to lay a finger on Marlee, Gloria would teach him a hard lesson. Gloria glared him at somewhat, the cashier then went inside.

Once inside, Gloria noticed the store had an adult section, "Ha! Looks like every store has one of those these days?" she grinned, knowing that the two already had a variety of toys inside their van. But the were some sitting on the racks that peaked her curiosity, stuff the two did not already have in their collection. Gloria grinend naughtily, and teasingly but gently squeezed Marlee's butt, "Want to pick some?"

Marlee felt a little frightened of the creepy guy, but quickly remembered that she had Gloria with her. She would keep her safe, like she always did. Meeting her truly was the greatest day of her life. She leaned into her girlfriend, feeling protected and sheltered. Once inside, her eyes drifted over everything. They still had some food, but there were a few things that they really had to get. But before she could really say anything about it, or even think, Gloria pointed out the adult section. She really longed for some time together again, those were the best moments. Her butt was squeezed, and naturally, she made a little show of jumping up. Just a little bit of course, before looking at her girlfriend with longing eyes: "Let's take a look then..."

The girl turned to look at the things that were on offer. Gloria had opened a whole new world for her, but she still was a little shy about those things. Especially in stores and the like. She spoke softly, almost whispering: "They certainly look fun..."

OOC: Here I must bow to your presumably greater expertise. I only know things that they would already have.

Gloria took a careful look at Marlee, radiating with a joyful smile. She noticed her shyness, and it dawned onto her, the important thing in life. From behind her, she embraced the girl, resting her head on Marlee's shoulder, "...But what are these meaningless things when I have you." and warmly rubbed her girlfriend's tummy, "I'll go pay, and ask for a spare tyre." and teasingly nibbled onto Marlee's right ear, "My sexy, eyecandy." she giggled.

The cashier sure was eager to sell more of what he considered relaxation products, but he had something coming. Gloria turned her head, staring at the seemingly obsessive cashier, "These things are worth nothing, sir." And left her girl to be able to ask the guy if the place offered any spare tyres. But the man showed his true colors of being a greedy bastard.

"200 bucks each?!" shocked, Gloria's jaw dropped. Discomfort came over her like an ominous, black cloud, "We...we can't afford that much without sustaining ourselves." She was willing to beg for a discount, "100 bucks, please, sir." She tried to negotiate, but to no avail. She immediately turned her head toward Marlee, her worrying expression relaying a message as if to say 'What do we do now?'

OOC: It's okay. I kinda took a left-turn just now, so not to boggle your mind. C:

Marlee blushed at Gloria's words, and remained behind, daydreaming a little again. But still, even as she stood there, she heard the exchange. Two hundred? They didn't have that. Not for a stupid tire. Let alone for a stupid tire bought from some piece of filth. But they needed a tire. They needed it badly, or they would be stuck here. And the creep knew it. He knew that they had to pay whatever he wanted, because there was nowhere where they could get one, but here.

She was angry. No, not just angry. Enraged. She hadn't run away to be at the mercy of someone like that! She had run away to be with Gloria. They locked gazes, and her anger was visible. She however turned her frown into a smile, and approached: "Sir, I hope that you understand the difficulty of our position. We don't have enough money to pay two hundred bucks for a tire."

She stepped closer and closer, still smiling kindly as her hands slipped into her pockets. "Are you absolutely certain that you can't give us a more reasonable price? I know for a fact that a tire doesn't cost nearly that much."

The man shook his head: "Sorry hun, but I can't go any lower than that."

Marlee felt in her pocket. It was there. She looked a little sad, even if she was seriously pissed. She hated this asshole: "But, we really can't afford that. Or we'll starve."

"Not my problem.", he replied sternly, before a lecherous look came over his face, "but I might know a little something that might give you a handsome discount..."

The girl knew what he meant, and almost had to throw up. It was difficult to hide her loathing, but her hand closed around the pocket knife that she had stole, slowly opening the blade. The man couldn't see it behind the counter, but to Gloria, well, she might just have noticed it.

OOC: Thank you. Marlee tends to a radical solution, but I want to give Gloria the opportunity to intervene. If she wants to.[/i]

'Marlee!' Gloria thought, having noticed what her lover slid from her pocket. Immediately, Gloria had her hand onto the knife, at least for the moment, blocking it from being used. Because she needed to know more, about this...'little something'. Standing beside Marlee, Gloria asked the man, as she held her composure.

"...What the hell are you implying? About this little something?" She had a suspicion herself, and understood why her girl was willing to pull the knife. This guy, seemed eager to get his way.

"Cause you both are stunning ladies. Provide me with a 'show', and it might earn you a huge, I say it again, a huge discount." the creep lets out a disturbing, low laughter. His upper row of gold teeth clearly visible, as his eyes ran its vision across the girls' chests.

"Screw you, asshole." Gloria said, shaking her head.

The old cashier was as sly as badger. Asking how much cash they had left, Gloria answered by taking her wallet from her pocket, and angrily tossed its contents onto the counter, and glared at him.

"Just shy of 300 bucks, huh." The man counted, but in his deceptive state of mind he noticed Gloria's carelessness, and proceeded to forcefully grab her right hand, pulling her all of a sudden toward him using his brute muscular strength, "...I won't let you go, until you two perform a little...strip tease. I will pay you handsomely."

"Let me go, you f*cking creep!" Gloria shouted angrily, with all her might trying to break free.

OOC: Sounds like Marlee will be fun to watch then. C:

Marlee felt the restricting hand, and understood that what she was going to do might be wrong. Gloria always had much better ideas. She listened to the talking, feeling her heart beating faster and faster in a mixture of fear and hatred. She hated him, like she had never hated before. He was everything she had ever really hated, fused together in one repulsive figure. She saw the money. All their money, and soon enough, it would be gone, and they would have nothing. It worried her, how could they survive without money?

Then, before she could react, the creep grabbed Gloria's hand, she heard words, but couldn't make them out. A red haze came over her vision, and she leaped forward, stabbing with all her strength. She pulled the knife out again, blood flowing out in its wake. And again Marlee stabbed, and stabbed, and stabbed. She didn't think, she didn't even make a sound, but the man did. He tried to resist somehow, but was too weak. He let go of Gloria, raising his hands in a feeble defense. But soon enough, his movements stop. But Marlee doesn't, she keeps stabbing.

She is on her knees, over the man, not even seeing that he is dead as she plunges in the knife time and time again. Blood streaks over her face, over her clothes. But she doesn't care. The asshole touched Gloria, and she just doesn't stop.

"That's enough, Marlee!" Gloria yelled, not in anger, but fearing repurcussions. Taking firm hold of her girl's stabbing hand, she noticed the blood on Marlee's hand.
"L-Let us... snatch a tyre...and blast our way out of here." Gloria's voice was clearly shaken, her hand trembling as she was to take the money off the counter, some of the coins having tiny spots of splattered both on them, as do some of the money bills.

Taking Marlee's hand, Gloria tried to regain her composure, and told her to come around the station. At the back, some tyres were stacked on top of one another. Since the two got themselves in a bloody mess, they might as well take a spare with them. Paying gas was impossible now. And quickly, Gloria hurled that one tyre toward their van, as it bounced and slightly wobbled and rolled on toward their stationary vehicle, "Marlee, kickstart our camper. I will be back in a flash, I just need to grab another one."

Sick in her her stomach, Gloria went back to get a second tyre. She thought it was a risk worth taking. But it was then when she noticed what she feared most. It was...gun country after all. A lethal hurricane was about to cross their path.

There was a second person at the gas station. A man of similar age to the ever struggling, presumably dead, creep. The secret was soon found out, and the man readied his shotgun. He wasn't going to hold back at shooting the girls.

Just then another tyre got hurled at the van from behind the station, as Gloria came dashing toward it. The man zeroed on on her. Gloria opened up the passangers side's door, taking that second tyre inside. Two shots were fired. The second shot grazed her right shoulder, as she bit through the pain, saying frantically, "Go, go, go!" and slammed the passenger door shut.

Marlee screamed when she saw that Gloria was hurt. This couldn't be happening. This was just too horrible. She was in a complete panic, and as she pushed down the pedal with all her strength, the van roared away. But not forwards, she had forgotten to take it out of the reverse. She didn't even look, and didn't take off her foot, instead, she tried to turn, to steer, her heart roaring in fear.

But through it all, there was a little bit of reason left in her head. The man. He had seen Gloria. He had seen the creep. He had a gun, and presumably, a phone. He would call the police, tell them about the van, and they would be hunted down. There was no place to hide around here. No way to get away with this. And so she steered, looking through the rear view mirror.

Another pair of shots was fired, one of them tearing a hole in the van, the other merely hitting a signpost. Through the mirror she saw that he dove aside, and as fast as she could, Marlee slammed her foot on the brake, and went forwards again. The older man was only just coming up, and she looked him into the eye, moments before the vehicle crashed into him.

Back
Top Bottom