Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You May Love Her, But I Love You [Shady xx Crusade]

ShadyPrincess

Of fire and blood.
Tesla was just getting home from volleyball practice, her best friend Analise in tow. They were still wearing their practice attire - sleeveless jerseys, shorts, sports bras and sneakers. They'd removed their knee and elbow pads and stuffed them into the over sized gym bags that they were each carrying. "Mom! I'm home," Tess called out as she shut the door behind her red-headed friend. The house seemed relatively quiet, though she was sure she had seen her parents car in the driveway. It was nearly seven in the evening and the girls had been dropped off by one of their teammates moms. "Ana is here. I was hoping she could spend the night?" she called out as she walked past the large staircase and poked her head into the living room. It was Friday night after all, and while she was fairly certain her parents wouldn't care, she figured she'd ask anyways. "Whatever, I don't know where they are. You can drop your stuff in this closet here," Tess started, setting her own bag down onto the floor of the otherwise empty closet. Tesla reached up and removed the tie that held up her dark brown, curly hair. She ran her fingers through her hair a few times before she walked into the kitchen.

It smelled vaguely of dinner, perhaps left overs. "
Hungry? Thirsty?" the girl asked, looking back at Analise who nodded and sat down at the long bar counter in one of the tall chairs. "Looks like they had some chicken," Tesla said. The girls began to talk to one another about classes and the team - they had known each other for a few years now and since both getting on the team Freshman year had become inseparable. Almost every weekend during volleyball season the girls were at one house or another and Tesla's parents had all but adopted Analise. She was decidedly different, though, from Tesla - somewhat quiet and reserved, her skin was pale and covered with freckles. Her hair was a fiery, natural red, mostly straight and usually tucked back behind her ears and up into a ponytail. Tesla had the traits of her mother; she was growing up into her teenage body, that much was sure, but her hair was dark and curly. The strands were a chocolate brown, framing a creamy complexion had green eyes. She was an athlete and while neither girl typically wore much make up, especially on practice days, they enjoyed the girly things about being teenagers, too.

Analise slipped out of her running shoes and peeled her socks away, stuffing them into her shoes and out of sight. She moved her feet up onto the chair next to her and hugged her knees close, watching as Tesla put their food in the microwave and pulled down glasses for their drinks. "
Ya know. I don't know where anyone is. Swore Mom and Dad would be here... My brother should be around here somewhere too, actually..." she mentioned with a light shrug of her shoulders.

Analise took the glass of sweet tea and chugged a bit before setting the glass on the table and reaching up to remove her jersey. "
We should probably wash these..." Ana laughed after taking a quick sniff of her clothes and tossing it at her friend.

Sloan had stayed at the library a little longer than he usually would have after class just to study, knowing his sister would be home with her best friend Ana and that quiet time would be hard to come by. He had never really divulged to his sister how much he liked Analise, but he figured that night would be as good a night as any to confront her and ask her if she thought the two of them dating was actually a possibility. Sloan was a few years older than the girls, a sophomore in college and had chosen to go to one of the local community colleges for his first two years instead of going away to a four year school.

After a good hour and a half of studying, Sloan closed up his books and decided to head home. Sure enough, when he walked in the door, he was greeted by both Tesla and Ana in the kitchen and Ana was in her sports bra, which immediately caught his eye. Sloan smiled at the girls, paying extra attention to Ana in the process. He was attractive, standing north of 6', with dark brown hair, curly when he grew it out and the same green eyes as his mom as well. He had broad shoulders and an athletic build, excelling at basketball the same way Tesla did with volleyball.

"Mom and dad wanted me to tell you they went out with the Harper's. Won't be back for a while. I was at the library," he added, grabbing a small piece of chicken had had fallen from the bone on the plate, eating it as he opened the fridge. "What are you two up to? I see I walked in on a little strip show," he added, looking over his shoulder at Ana with a grin. She had such a nice body, he could see why she had no problem showing it off.

In the back of his mind, he wondered about how Tesla would take it when he mentioned potentially dating Ana. It might weird her out, knowing her best friend and brother were dating. It might even weird her out knowing he had a thing for her. He didn't want to make things uncomfortable between them since him and his sister had always gotten along really well. It was just something he needed to get off his chest.

Tess had laughed and rolled her eyes when Analise threw her shirt, catching it against her chest. "Yeah, yeah. You're right. Should probably shower too... You stink," she laughed, tossing their jersey's down onto the floor just in front of the washing machine. Just then, she heard the front door open and peered through the opening of the kitchen to watch as her brother walked in. He was older than the two of the girls, but lived at home while he went to college - something Tess had rolled her eyes at at first, but understood now. The green-eyed teen didn't miss the sideways glances he was giving her friend, either, which made her squirm uncomfortably in her own skin for a moment. Analise just laughed at his comment as her otherwise pale, freckled cheeks blushed softly. "Yeah, it's too bad you made yourself known. Otherwise you might've seen more," Ana flirted, sticking her tongue out playfully.

"
Harper's, huh? Yeah, they'll be out late," Tess interjected, clearing her throat as she went over to the microwave to remove their food. She transferred some of the chicken and potatoes to another plate and slid it over to her friend. "You were at the library, huh? Trying to learn how to read, finally?" Tesla teased Sloan, grinning playfully. Ana laughed at that, nibbling lightly at her bottom lip before she stabbed a piece of potato with her fork and took a bite.

Ana cleared her throat, though, and turned the conversation a little, glancing up momentarily at Sloan. "
So, hey. How's college going? she asked, clearly trying to sort of hold herself back. Tess rolled her eyes and just shook her head a little, looking down into her plate. Ana was usually sort of shy, but she had known Sloan for so long that it seemed she had grown comfortable with him.

ShadyPrincess said:
Tess had laughed and rolled her eyes when Analise threw her shirt, catching it against her chest. "Yeah, yeah. You're right. Should probably shower too... You stink," she laughed, tossing their jersey's down onto the floor just in front of the washing machine. Just then, she heard the front door open and peered through the opening of the kitchen to watch as her brother walked in. He was older than the two of the girls, but lived at home while he went to college - something Tess had rolled her eyes at at first, but understood now. The green-eyed teen didn't miss the sideways glances he was giving her friend, either, which made her squirm uncomfortably in her own skin for a moment. Analise just laughed at his comment as her otherwise pale, freckled cheeks blushed softly. "Yeah, it's too bad you made yourself known. Otherwise you might've seen more," Ana flirted, sticking her tongue out playfully.

"
Harper's, huh? Yeah, they'll be out late," Tess interjected, clearing her throat as she went over to the microwave to remove their food. She transferred some of the chicken and potatoes to another plate and slid it over to her friend. "You were at the library, huh? Trying to learn how to read, finally?" Tesla teased Sloan, grinning playfully. Ana laughed at that, nibbling lightly at her bottom lip before she stabbed a piece of potato with her fork and took a bite.

Ana cleared her throat, though, and turned the conversation a little, glancing up momentarily at Sloan. "
So, hey. How's college going? she asked, clearly trying to sort of hold herself back. Tess rolled her eyes and just shook her head a little, looking down into her plate. Ana was usually sort of shy, but she had known Sloan for so long that it seemed she had grown comfortable with him.

"Damn. I guess I have to learn to keep my mouth shut, don't I?" Sloan said, smirking at Ana. He would have killed to have walked in on Ana in even less than she already had on. It was clear that his sister wasn't at all comfortable with their relationship and her interjection was so abrupt, Sloan's eyes widened. He cleared his throat and then laughed it off, shaking his head at his sister's poor attempt at humor.

"Ha ha ha, very funny," he mused, wondering why Tess was so against him and Ana innocently flirting with one another. "If you have to know, I have some pretty big exams coming up and contrary to what you might think, I don't wanna live with mom and dad forever," he added, leaning back against the kitchen counter as he watched the two of them eat.

It was becoming pretty clear that Sloan's feelings for Ana were mutual in the way she was taking an interest in him and even just in the way she looked at him. If he had his sister's blessing, he'd definitely be cool dating Ana. She was quiet and a little reserved, but he knew there was something a little mischievous about the way she looked at him and he wanted to pursue it.

"College has been a lot of fun. I'm not going to lie, doing the whole double major thing was probably biting off more than I can chew, but it's still a good time. How was practice?" he asked, Ana, not having paid much attention to Tess, having been completely oblivious to how much giving his attention to Ana was hurting her.

While Analise had grinned at his snarky comments, Tesla found herself rolling her eyeballs. She wasn't sure why the two of them flirting made her so uncomfortable, but she shifted in her seat as she ate. Realizing slowly that the two of them were becoming absorbed in an "A and B conversation", Tess sighed internally. This had been happening more recently when Ana came over, making her feel awkwardly like the third wheel. Tess usually just kept to herself for a little while and continued to eat while trying to suppress some uncomfortable and generally new feelings down into her stomach.

"
Oh, that's right. Forgot you decided to do double the work. There's your first mistake," the red-head grinned, taking a corner glance at Tesla who was busy eating her chicken and broccoli. Meanwhile Ana took a bite and chewed on it for a moment before answer his question about their practice. She was sort of giving Tess a chance to answer, as she was at least picking up on her discomfort. It seemed, though that Tess was too busy in her own head, so Ana shrugged her shoulders and set her fork down. "Oh, practice was fine. I think we'll do good this year. Some of the new girls need some work, but they're getting there. Maybe you could, ah... Come to a game or a practice or something some time," Ana offered, trying to be a bit nonchalant about it. Her lithe fingers lifted her glass to her mouth and she grinned a little over the rim of the cup, though she tried to hide it. Tess cleared her throat at this display and slid herself out of the tall bar chair to get a drink.

"
He just said he was super busy, Ana. Two majors and all," she said, realizing it came off a little more rough than she intended. "I mean, I'm just saying he's never really done so before. Why start now?" she said, trying to offer a playful smirk over her shoulder at him, though it was half-hearted at best.

"
You still playing basketball?" Ana questioned after gulping down some water, her incredulous eyes moving from Tess back to Sloan.

It seemed the more and more the two indulged in idle chit chat, the more and more uncomfortable Tess became with the situation. Sloan really didn't understand it, but in the back of his mind he chalked it up to her just being a little jealous that her brother was hitting it off with her best friend. It made sense, but in no way was he trying to steer Ana away from Tess. He just had a little crush on her and liked talking to her. It was just casual flirting. No motives were involved.

Sloan returned Ana's grin when she mentioned his mistake of double majoring. There was something about Ana...the smile, her fiery red hair, the dusting of freckles. He wanted to be closer to her. Any time they were in the same room, he felt drawn to her. He listened as he mentioned how practice was and then raised an eyebrow at her invitation to a practice or game.

He was about to answer when Tess interjected and Sloan's eyes darted to his sister, narrowing them at her as she butted in. "No Tess, it's cool. I'd like to see a game," he said quickly and smiled at Ana again.

"Me and some buddies go to the rec center after classes and play some pick up games, but I'm not as serious about it as I used to be. Maybe I should. It'd keep me in better shape, but really I'm more focused on classes. I still love it, though."

"You spending the night since mom and dad won't be back til later?" Sloan asked Ana, again giving a somewhat cold shoulder to Tess, unintentionally. He would have loved to steal some alone time with Ana without his sister's dirty looks factoring into the equation. All the two of them would have had to do was stay up later than Tess did and they'd have time to themselves. He banked on it, but it was probably a long shot.

Back
Top Bottom