Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

guitarfan28

The Punisher
Jake woke up early and pulled on a t-shirt and some athletic pants. Sliding his shoes on he grabbed a hoodie pulling it over his head as he started out of his apartment. There wasn't much to his apartment it was a simple bachelor pad. He hardly ever had guest over and if he did it was his trainer. Once he got down the steps he began his morning run.

He tried to clear his head but it was hard. There was a lot of pressure on him to win the next fight. Jake was struggling to keep weight as he had gained muscle which added some weight to him. Jake wasn't exactly liked around the gym. He stayed to himself and most people thought he was stuck up. Truth was he didn't need many friends and didn't trust a lot of people. He had been burned way too many times. Not just friend people he knew but family too. He didn't have many people he would call his family anyway.

After his long run he got home and grabbed a bagel with peanut butter for breakfast before he headed to the gym. His trainer Luke was there waiting when he got out of the locker room. He taped up his hands to get started working on some drills. He forgot that he had a meeting with a potential new assistant. He didn't want one but in order to fight in the organization he had to have one to set up his interviews and such. The last assistant he had work for him quit cause he yelled at her too much. He was rolling around the mat with Luke when the new assistant arrived.

Growing up with four boys wasn't easy. Especially since she was the youngest and they all liked to pick on her. They would tell her she couldn't do something and she work her hardest to not only do the thing but do it better than them as well. It was fun proving her brothers wrong and it helped her grow into the type of woman that liked to prove people wrong.

Her mother told her she wouldn't survive in the real world without a college degree. While it was harder it wasn't impossible and she was glad to say that since the three years she has been out of high school she has not asked her parents for a handout. She didn't see the point in going to college right after high school when she didn't know what to do with her life. She wasn't going to put herself in debt to appease her mother. Her father wasn't happy but he supported her. It helped that she was his only girl and his favorite child though.

To get by at first was hard. She was barely making enough. She got a few straight laced modeling jobs but for the big money she had to strip down. So she did some bikini modeling; if you could call them bikinis. The fabric was barely big enough to cover a nipple and the material was thin no woman would dare wear them in a pool. Surprisingly the bikinis really were for sale, but the pictures were too. She didn't read her contract as well as she have. When she got her paycheck she didn't care who the pictures were going too. She kept modeling until her brother saw a picture of her in a tiny thong looking over her shoulder with her hands covering her breasts. Not the perfect picture to bring up at a family dinner; especially not a catholic family.

She didn't quit for them. She quit because she didn't want them to see any more photos like that. They might come across them but at least she could say it was an old picture. She didn't want to spend all of the money she saved up so she had to take another job which was why she was standing outside of the gym. She slipped out of her car and walked through the front door. She took her Ray-Bans and slid them up to the crown of her head. She walked to a ring and saw her new boss.

Word on the street was he was the hardest man to get along with. He went through assistants so fast that they were having a hard time trying to find someone that wanted to take him on. She loved a challenge and he seemed like the perfect puzzle. She walked to the mat he was on and introduced herself, "My name is Adriana. You can call me Adri. I'm your new assistant."

She wasn't wearing what most people wore to their first day on the job but this wasn't a normal first day. They were in a gym, she might as well use the time wisely. She could still tend to him and get a workout in. She had on a pair of Lululemon compression shorts, sports bra and lightweight tank top with nike shoes. Her light brown hair was swept up in a ponytail and her face was lightly set up with a cat eye and nude eyeshadow.

Jake stopped what he was doing and his trainer sighed. Moving over to the ropes of the ring he was in. His eyes looked her up and down. She was definitely easy on the eyes but would she able to handle him. He had no idea, but figured she wouldn't hack it like all the others. "Well Adriana, I'm in the middle of training. Rule number 1, don't interrupt my training. See this guy here..." He pointed to Luke. "This is Luke. My trainer." He turned back to her. "I pay him. Just like I pay you. So when I'm training I'm on his time. You are on MY time ALL the time. If I need something at 3am...I will call you and you will answer. That's rule number 2. We following so far or do you need to write this down?" Luke kind of smiled and shook his head. Jake could be such an ass sometimes, sometimes he knew he was being an ass just to be one. In this instance he meant what he said but he also wanted to see if Adriana could handle it.

"My training is important. Especially now with this big fight going on. And since you already interrupted us, I'll go through a few more rules. Interview, I understand I have to do them but bring them by me before you just book them. You will learn certain people, I will NOT do an interview with. Plus since you're here after my workouts I like a post workout shake or smoothie. I have recipes in my bag in my locker. You can go get those and get me one all set for when I'm done. Also you don't just show up at my house. I have chicks over if you just show up they don't think you're my assistant they think we are screwing and I don't need that drama. If you don't hear from me you can show up here every day at this time and do you work here if you need to. Just don't interrupt my training. Any questions or can I get back to work?"

His last assistant didn't like to be talked to the way he talked to her and didn't like all his rules. She didn't feel like waiting on him hand and foot. Jake didn't care. He wanted an assistant to do certain things and for the money he was paying he didn't understand why they couldn't do what he asks. He didn't feel like wanted a lot. But the more he kept them busy the less personal information they asked him.

Jake’s rules were easy enough to understand. They were made even easier by the way he was speaking to her. She felt like a child but h would quickly learn this kitten had claws. Sure she worked for him but that was no reason to be an ass. “I’m following.” She said keeping her voice even and a smile on her face. She needed the job and wanted to see just what made everyone quit. Surely there was more to him than a bad attitude right? Training was important but he continued to talk. It wasn’t a bright idea but who was she to argue? Her first task was to get him a smoothie. That wouldn’t be so bad. Then he was worried about what other women thought when he should have been training. “You can stop monologuing. I have everything under control.” She smiled and walked away from the ring. She went to his locker which had his name labelled above it. She dug through the bag and found a pair of panties along with the recipe cards. She washed her hands before returning to the gym floor.

She read through the cards while sat on a bicycle. The recipes were all high in protein but healthy. She thought Jake could use a little chocolate because it made people feel better. His attitude could use an adjustment so that was the best bet. She couldn’t find a recipe with chocolate in it but she did find a peanut butter banana smoothie. She watched Jake and Luke with out really watching them. She checked for signs of the workout coming to an end. When she felt it was the right time she walked to the small kitchen in the back and started to make the smoothie. Just in case he wasn’t in a peanut utter mood she also made a berry blast, as it was called on the card. She put them both by the ring and which ever one he didn’t drink she would take.

The agency that hired her gave her his assistant phone. So she had every number she needed and everyone who wanted to get into contact with him had her number. She was already told the rules of the phone. Never put it on silent or vibrate. Get accustomed to hearing the ring tone. Always answer it. The most important being never ever lose the phone. This phone was her life from this point on. She had a goal to see him retire with this phone and she would see it through. She wondered if she should grab the stuff from his locker but she figured he would take a shower before he got in his car.

Jake forgot she was there as trained with Luke until Luke brought up the fact she was better looking than his last assistant. "Lucas...that doesn't mean she can handle the job. Just cause she has nice tits and a nice ass." He grinned at Luke. His trainer was the closest thing to a friend he had. His grin faded as quickly as it formed on his lips. He never seemed to smile especially when other people could possibly see him. "I was just saying Jake..." Jake did a few combination punches and kicks a bit harder than normal at the comments Luke gave.

He was working up a good sweat. Jake did a few more combos. He felt he needed to step it up if he was going to win this next fight. Jake needed to win this fight to become the champion of his weight class. If he does win then he needed to keep that title and would have to work even harder to do so. The competition got harder the higher up you got. He didn't care though he just focused on the next fight and took it a fight at a time. That's how he lived his life, one day at a time, one obstacle at a time. No one really knew much about his past. He didn't talk about his family or much about it. He was lucky no one did a lot of digging to find out too much. He wasn't too famous yet so that may be why.

After he felt he got a good session in he stopped and grabbed a towel to wipe some of the sweat off. Jake looked around for his smoothie. So Adriana had two kinds to pick from, a little impressive but the real test would be if she made them right and they tasted good. He tasted both and they were actually pretty good. Jake would never really tell her that. He grabbed the peanut butter one and set the other back down. "I'm gonna shower...I'll be back out." He went to the locker room and grabbed a clean towel and his things to shower. He stripped down and went into the showers. Jake stood there letting the water spray over him. His hands on the shower wall with his eyes closed and his head down. Jake was damaged and broken but no one ever got close enough to figure out why or how it happened. After standing there for several minutes he started to wash and once he was done he dried off and got out to get dressed. He put on a clean set of athletic pants and a tight grey tshirt. Grabbing his bag he headed out of the locker room. "Want to follow me to my place so you know where I live?"

When she noticed his impressed look after taking a drink from both smoothies she smiled to herself. He didn’t look repulsed but he didn’t comment on it. She did need his approval. The body language was enough. She had a feeling she would have to read his body language a lot while she worked with him. She could handle that. He didn’t seem like the passive aggressive type so she wouldn’t have to deal with that which was nice. His lack of schedule for her would be annoying though. She was happy that she didn’t have to live with him. She did hope that he would have a schedule but she would figure one out on her own.

When he went to shower, she went back to change. She put on a fresh coat of deodorant and put on a tan pencil skirt with a white button up top tucked in. She had on black shoes and a thin black belt to make her waist even smaller. She kept her hair in the ponytail and stuffed her things into her gym bag. She walked out to the gym and waited for Jake to come back out. She was probably a little over dressed but better to be over dressed than under dressed. She noticed a few guys looking her way but she sipped on her berry smoothie and waited for her boss to come out.

He finally made his appearance and she picked her bag up from the floor. “Lead the way.” She said and walked to her black Mercedes CLA. She threw her gym bag in the trunk and hopped into the driver’s seat. She waited for him to pull out and then she followed him all the way home. Once she was in his driveway she set a pin in her map so she would find it later for GPS reasons and then got out of her car. She walked with him to the front door and waited until they were inside to start business. “Any more rules I should know?” She asked setting her bag down on a barstool.

Jake walked out to his '50 Mustang. It was black with white racing stripes. He got in and drove to his house. Once he got to his place he put his security code in and unlocked the door going inside. He put his bag down by the door. "A few..." he commented as he walked to his office grabbing a schedule for her. "This is my schedule that I normally do on a regular basis. Training, runs, downtime, and times I have set aside for interviews or whatever. Most things can be moved around if needed, except my runs and training. No exceptions. For anyone."

He walked to the fridge and grabbed out a water and sat on a bar stool. "I have an office on the side of the garage you are more than willing to use while you are here. I will give you the security for for it if you want it. The car out there...she is my baby. She will need to be washed once a week. I can't show up to those stupid interviews in a dirty car. If you have food available for me at meal times, I will be a lot happier of a person. But it isn't something you have to do. But when I'm hungry I tend to get angry." He shrugged. Jake was half joking half being serious. He loved his food. "But I eat healthy. Things high in protein." He took a few big drinks of his water.

Jake hadn't even gotten to the biggest rule yet. "Oh...biggest rule. No boyfriends. When you aren't working for me you can do what you want except be in a relationship." He took a few more drinks and she knew she would probably want to know why. "I've had jealous boyfriends show up wanting to kick my ass." He grinned a bit. "An average guy trying to kick my ass." He shook his head taking a drink. "Let's just say it would be bad for the presses if I have to punch your boyfriend in the face for showing up threatening things." His eyes looked her over. She was someone he wouldn't mind looking at if she could hack the job. "Do you have any questions? Anything else I'm sure I'll come across when it happens."

She took the schedule happily and looked it over as he spoke. It was easy enough to follow. He did a lot of working out to keep in shape for his matches. “Your runs and training won’t be touched.” She promised and looked over the schedule again. She grabbed a pen from her bag and wrote that down in the corner as a personal reminder. “Is there a place where you like your car to be washed or am I washing her myself?” She asked and if there was a place she wrote it down on the back of the schedule.

She looked at the schedule to see if it was a meal time. It said down time so she looked at the clock. It was around lunch time and that qualified as meal time. “Who are the people that you don’t want to be interviewed by? That way I don’t even have to bother you with asking about them. I can just say no.” She moved to the kitchen and looked through the fridge and found a roasted chicken, soy beans and sweet corn. She made him a plate and set it in front of him. “If you would like I can start cooking for you. That way you don’t have to run tot he store to get a roasted chicken. And I don’t want to cramp your style so I can make it at home and bring it here to you. Sound good?” She smiled at him. She loved to cook but it was only her at home so she didn’t have a need to cook. With him she could make nice big meals and she would know they would get eaten.

“You don’t have to worry about that.” She told him. “I don’t have a boyfriend. I have a husband.” She let it sink in and then she smiled and shook her head, “I’m kidding. You are the only thing taking over my life. No dogs, cats, kids and no men. But if my family needs me I will run to them as soon as I can. I hope you can respect that.” She sat down on a barstool that left a space between them and started to put his daily schedule into her phone. “I will get your car washed the day before your big match. Do you have anything special that you want done? You probably wan too be in the right mind state that day. I don’t want to screw anything up.”

Jake watched her look over the schedule. "It doesn't matter if you want to do it here or take it somewhere but if you take it somewhere the place on 4th and Pine has my info and will just do it and send me a bill. If you do it here, it will need waxed. If you scratch it...." He shook his head. "Look for a new job."

"Well, anyone from the UFC or my endorsers I have to do an interview with. There is a guy, last name Damon, from a local newspaper, he is a no. There is a few fighting magazines that have specific people I can't think of at the moment. Also about my endorsers, they may want some photo shoots done or send things for me to wear for the fights. I have and will have in all contracts that I will decide on what I wear for fights. Please bring photo shoots by me first for the best time but I prefer them in afternoons." He grabs another paper from his office. "These are my endorsers right now. The right column are previous ones. If someone wants to be an endorser bring it by me. Nike...will never happen. Don't even ask. Right now my biggest one is Affliction. We will basically do whatever they want cause they are paying a lot of my bills at the moment. If Tapout calls...more than likely anything that isn't rape, we will do it. They haven't approached me yet but if I win more they may. I always said I would know when I made it big when Tapout wants me in their fighting gear." He for the first time let out a very small faint smile. "I would like to keep a lot of it with MMA type of endorsements but bring anything by me. Except Nike. I won't talk to anyone from that company about anything."

He got up and grabbed a binder. "There are recipes in here. The week before a fight has a special tab. There is a spot for food if I'm watching my weight or if need to bulk up. You should know which one you need to pay attention to for each fight. Other than that if you want to cook for me that would be great. You can cook here even. That won't bother me."

When she mentioned a husband he almost fired her on the spot. He let out a sigh. "Husbands are worse than boyfriends." He took a drink of water and looked her over when she mentioned her family. "If you can give me notice I would appreciate that. But things happen. As long as it's not all the time or I will have to replace you. And not because I don't respect that but I have work to be done and it wouldn't be anything personal." He let out a shut about it. Jake nodded. "I do actually have things for the entire week before a fight. It's a fight... not a match. We already went over the food. I use a lot of music to get me focused and I will need my ipod fully charged all week. Especially the day of the fight. Don't expect me to talk much that day. Food the day of... there is a list in there." He pointed to the binder. "But protein shake for breakfast. Bananas packed in my bag. Water should be available the whole time. I want it cold too. Powerade or Gatorade would be nice as well. A list is in there of the kinds I like. The blue Powerade and yellow Gatorade are my favorite. After the fight depending on how it goes will depend if I want to eat. The same goes for the day after. Just as if I want anything and I'll tell you." His eyes looked down to try to figure out what else he should go over. "If I lose it may be a good idea to not ask to much that night. Also you willing to travel if I need to travel for fights?" His eyes watched her closely to see if she could really hack this job.

Take great care of the car
No last name Damon
Endorsors (Affliction) get priority
Photoshoots afternoon, check first
Nike = NO!
TapOut=YES!

She wrote down all of the rules on the back of the schedule before sliding it into her purse. He almost smiled when he mentioned his goal and then it disappeared when he notice the was smiling. She was happy he had a goal and wasn’t just fighting to fight. he wanted to be sponsored by TapOut and she would do everything in her power to make sure he saw that goal. Or at least make his home life easier so he could reach that goal with no worries or stresses. She flipped through the binder. She could easily stick to the recipes. She just needed to keep an eye on what he was eating. She would probably be eating it too and the last thing she wanted to gain weight. The only real battle was his attitude and keeping up with his demanding weight chart. One slip up and he was in the wrong group fighting the wrong people.

“I’ll try my best to give you a warning if something is happening.” She promised. She would really have to pay close attention to his weigh ins which meant she needed to study about MMA fighting and weight classes. Mainly weight classes and what was good and bad. She was pretty sure he needed to be the same weight as his opponent or at least close to it. She could do this, she loved a challenge. She also wrote not he schedule the she needed to keep a portable charger on her and always keep his drinks cold.

“Are you kidding? I love to travel. The problem is packing. I always pack too much and I assume I will be packing your things now too. It should be interesting but I am sure I can get the job done.” She said with her usual perky tone. It was a demanding schedule but as long a you could adapt quickly it wasn’t tat hard to follow. “Why did everyone quit? Do you have some hidden Hulk inside of you that scared them away? I mean you are a little snappy but it’s nothing I haven’t seen before.”

He wasn't a complete ass, if she wanted him to he would help try to explain the weight classes and where he should be placed. Or she could do her own research it didn't really matter too much. There was only two weight classes he could potentially fight in because he was sort of inbetween both classes. Jake actually wanted to fight in both and end up the champion of each class. Right now he had to watch his weight. Once he beats everyone in that class why not bulk up and beat everyone in the next one up? He honestly was getting into the best shape he's been in his entire life.

Jake could pack himself, he had been doing it for years and he honestly felt more comfortable knowing he had everything he needed. "I would like to pack myself for the first few times we travel, then maybe let you do it once you get a feel for what I need." He didn't want her to have too much control of everything. He still didn't know how she would do in the job. So far she seemed fine but so did some of the other agents.

"The million dollar question. Some people didn't follow the rules. And yes, I have a hidden Hulk inside me. I started fighting to control my anger. But now it helps me get in the zone to fight." Jake had no idea why he was telling her any of this. She would soon find out herself. Jake had his fight next weekend so in a few days he would start on the 'hell week' rituals. "There is a reason I say you should stay away from me the day of the fight...it's for your own good. Not everyone has listened so people get upset and get panties in a wad and quit. Plus some have had boyfriends and they didn't like how I treated their girlfriends." He shrugged.

"I should probably do some homework...which once I find out who I'm fighting, if you could get every fight my opponent has ever been in so I can watch it, that would be extremely helpful." Jake got up and went into his living room turning on the tv and surround sound. He sat in his chair with a notebook to watch his opponent. Jake had to win this fight if he wanted a shot at the championship fight.

Adri nodded her head when he said that he wanted to pack his own suitcase the first few fights. “That is understandable.” Then he started to explain why people quit and she bit her bottom lip. This was his normal attitude but the real challenge would come when he had to fight. “I’ll try my best to keep a distance from you, Jake.” It was easier said than done. She would have to be near him to get him what he needed but she could figure out a way to give him space while doing her job.

She waited for him to give her a name and then she started digging up every fight the guy had been in. While he watched his opponent she read up on Jake and watched a couple of his fights. She knew what to expect with MMA fighting but seeing it in person would be a completely different ball park. It took a very strong person to go in the ring and possibly get the day lights knocked out of him. She just hoped it wasn’t her boss next weekend. She would like to start off on a good foot. Him winning could equal a good foot. She also figured out what weight class he was in and what weight he needed to be in to stay in that weight class.

She looked through the food binder and then looked through his pantry. She started to make a list of what she needed to cook for next week to keep in his class. She needed to go to the store and get a portable charger and a big case of Gatorade and Powerades. He seemed to be engrossed in watching his opponent’s matches. “I’m going to get groceries for next week. Do you need anything?” She asked when the fight he was watching was over. She added whatever he said to the list and then she took her car to the store. She bought everything she needed and then made her way back to Jake’s place. Thanks to the GPS she didn’t get lost but she probably would have without it. She opened the front door and started to bringing the many bags of food. She handed him a Fight! Magazine, “It has an article about you and your opponent. I thought you might like to read it.” She shrugged her shoulder and started to put everything away.

Jake thought a moment about her question about needing anything. "Stuff for salad would be good. And Bananas." He went back to watching a fight. "Oh hey here..." He gave her his debit card. "If you buy anything for me from your own money just keep the receipt and Ill pay you back." Jake got comfortable on his chair to watch his opponent. It was a guy, Ray 'the Mayhem' Matthews.

He watched every match with Ray Matthews. A few he watched more than once. He was focused and trying to pick out his weaknesses.

Once Adriana got back he got up to help carry the bags in. His eyes looked her over when she handed him the magazine. "I didn't do any interview for this..." He looked for the page and started to read. " 'Mayhem ranked to defeat 'The Drifter' " Jake shook his head. He was Jake 'The Drifter' Daniels. "I love how they are banking on me to lose already." He shook his head getting angry. The more he read the angerier he got. Ray Matthews called him a loser and claimed Jake had no real talent. "Fucking Asshole doesn't even know me. I don't even have any talent?" He threw the magazine against the wall raising his voice. "We will see who has talent and skill when I snap his arm." Jake was beyond heated. Ray attacked him personally and not just him as a fighter calling him a freak with no family or friends.

Adriana put the food away and watched him read. She noticed him get angrier and angrier and she started to kick herself in the ass for giving him the magazine. She wanted to take it away but it was too late now. Would she lose her job for giving him that? She looked up at Jake when he threw the magazine and silently cursed. Did she talk and risk making him angrier or did she let him cool off? She didn't want to be the next source of his anger at the same time he looked like he was ready to blow a gasket. His anger seemed to be place with Ray rather than her so it made her feel a little bit better but one slip up and that anger could come crashing down on her.

"You take that article and you prove them all wrong. To me he seems a little too cocky and cocky guys always get their asses beat." She continued to put the food away and handed him a banana. "Look at Ronda Rousey and Bethe Correia. Correia made fun of Rousey's deceased father and then got her ass handed to her. Tap into what you are feeling now and kick his ass." She looked into his eyes and took a step back. She knew better than to tell him to calm down and since she just started a couple hours ago, she was not about to touch his arm to soothe him.

She has heard the rumors about him, rather she read about them. No one knew his backstory and anytime an interviewer mentioned he got really standoffish and quiet, sometimes even walked off the interview. She tried to figure out his history but she couldn't find anything. She would have to ask but right now wasn't the best time to do that.

"I'm sorry for giving you the magazine. I should have read it first." She said softly, admitting her mistake.

Adriana made a good point about proving them wrong. He was just sick and tired of people always giving him crap about his past. He had his reasons for keeping his family and past a secret. Why couldn't people respect that.

He paced a bit in the living room. He had to get faster and work on his take down. "If you find anymore articles I want them."

Jake moved to head down to his basement. He had mats, weights, and a punching bag in one of the side rooms down there. He turned rock music on pretty loud and attached Rays face to the wall. He had a wall with all his opponents on it. Ray got the center. Jake started working on combos on the punching bag. He was trying to work out his frustration and be better than Ray.

He was down there an hour and still was pretty angry.

She watched him pace the living room from the kitchen, sensing he needed his space. Any time he looked up she looked away form him. She made no eye contact so she would enflame the beast with in any further.

She was able to breathe a sigh of relief when he went downstairs for a long while. She moved to the door because she was curious about what he was doing then she heard the sound of punch bags getting hit and she knew exactly what he was doing. While he was down stairs she was cleaning up upstairs. It wasn't dirty but it was a bachelor pad and somethings could use a little bit of neatening up.

She heard the door open and she wondered what type of mood he would be in now. She knew when she saw him and she went back to cleaning. "If you want I can try to schedule an interview with the same magazine. That way you can say your piece. Or we can wait until after the fight and can say your piece then." She wanted to add 'When you win.' But that when was more of an if you win.

Jake came upstairs still a bit annoyed but not at all as fired up as he was before. He was tired of people attacking him and his past. He wondered if it was time to really share it with the world so people would get off his back. But then they would just use that against him as well.

He looked around at all the tidying up Adriana did. "You didn't have to do all this...this isn't part of your job. You're not my maid." Making his way to the fridge he grabbed a Powerade she just put in the fridge. Jake shook his head at her question. "No I'm not doing an interview with them. They didn't even ask me to do one when they did this, they obviously don't want to talk to me so I'll let my talking happen in the Octagon. It's probably good they talked to him first anyway, he may not be able to say much after the fight. I hope he's seeing stars after I'm done with him."

Jake was hungry from the steam he just blew off in the basement. "Were you going to cook anything or is that something I have to do?" It came off with attitude and kind of snippy but he didn't mean it to be, he was just wondering so he knew if he had to cook his own food.

Adriana looked over her shoulder and went back to cleaning. "I know. I'm just wasting time. I guess." She shrugged her shoulder and finished dusting the end table. She stood up and looked over the now cleaning living room. "It's not a big deal. It's something I can do every so often." She out the cleaning supplies where she got them and looked him over.

"You don't have to do an interview with them. I was just offering a chance to defend yourself." She looked into his eyes and looked away.

"I can cook. I was just waiting to see when you got hungry. Give me a half hour and I will have dinner ready." She looked at the binder and flipped to a page. She pulled out all of the ingredients and started to cook. She was in her zone when she was in the kitchen. His kitchen was bigger and nicer than hers so she easily adjusted. She could see herself cooking here for a decent amount of time. While she was cooking if he got pecking she allowed him to taste some stuff and tell her if he liked it or what needed to be fixed.

She put it all on a plate and handed it to him. "Enjoy. If you don't need anything I will clean up the kitchen and then head home." She walked to the kitchen and started to clean up.

Jake ignored the statement about her cleaning and not minding. He figured if she wanted to clean that that was her own thing. As long as she didn't move any of his stuff where he couldn't find it he didn't mind. He shrugged it off.

Once the food was done he thanked her for it and began eating. "This is good Adri..." He ate a few more bites. "Thanks." He said quietly. His eyes looked at her and then went back to the food as he sat at the table to eat. "Sit...eat. No reason to go home and make something for yourself. There is plenty." He had never told one of his assistants to sit and eat with him. There was something about Adriana that he liked. She felt...comfortable to him. At least so far.

He wasn't one though to make small talk with a girl though. Normally he would talk to a chick simple to get her in bed. Most of the time he didn't have to say much girls wanted to sleep with him just because of his status. But he was okay with that. He didn't want them asking too many questions.

The next week flew by fast. Adri seemed to be working out. She was doing great. He hadn't flew off his handle and fired her for anything...yet. The morning before the fight he got up early and went for his run. His ipod was charged, thanks to Adri. He didn't go to the gym, they had to show up in the afternoon for the weighins. He asked Adri to be at his apartment around 9am. He wanted to let her know where she would be sitting during the weighins and fight itself. The fights were there in Vegas so they didn't have far to travel

Jake started getting into the zone on his run. He was already trying to work up is mental state. He wanted to crush Ray by any means possible. If he won this fight he had a shot at the championship. It was his goal to have that championship belt around his waist. Everyone told him he couldn't make it and he couldn't wait to prove them all wrong. He was a bit annoyed when he returned home. He jumped in the shower before Adriana would be there. Getting out Jake put on a nice pair of jeans over boxer briefs and an Affliction t-shirt. He sat on his bed to put on his shoes. Once he heard Adri come in the door he grabbed an Affliction hat and put it on as he walked out to greet her. "You sure you're ready for this?"

The next week was actually pretty good. There were a couple rough patches but she was able to smooth them out before Jake noticed. she was actually getting pretty excited to watch Jake fight. It was fun watching him get all pumped and ready. He was fairly easy to get along with. She just had to make sure he was well fed and in a good mood.

She was up bright and early the day before the fight. She had to be at Jake's at nine which meant getting up at six to go through her morning ritual. She got dressed in a nice black dress that hugged all the right curves and black shoes. She was at his house early so she could start packing away what she thought he would like; so gatorade, powerade, bananas and nuts. She smiled at him when he walked out from his room, "Of course I am. Are you ready?" She asked him back. She was aware he told her not to talk to much before a fight. She didn't want to ruin his head space.

"Do you want an omelet or something before we go? We have time. I can make it with just the egg whites." She offered.

Jake froze when he saw her. Wow. She was beautiful and very sexy. He shook his head to get the thought of her looking so good out of his head. "You like nice." He didn't want to come across creepy buy saying just how nice she looked. "I'm ready for today yeah. Tomorrow we will see tomorrow." Since the fight was there in Vegas he didn't have to pack a bag to stay anywhere overnight so that was less he had to worry about.

He sat on the bar stool. "Sure. Just two eggs though. I'm still kind of close on weight." His leg jack hammered as he sat at the bar in the kitchen. Jake had started to enjoy watching her cook. He would be lying to say he didn't like watching her do anything. He wasn't sure what it was about her but she was the easiest assistant he had to get along with. Just being in the room with her while she cooked or worked on something while he did something he was okay with. Other assistants he would get annoyed and want to get away from them Adriana was different. He couldn't figure out why.

"Make enough for you too. I wanted to go over where you would be today and tomorrow." He grabbed a paper that had the lay out of the arena and then one of the facility for the weigh ins. "I obviously will be back here until it's my turn to weigh in. You can be back with me if you want or you can watch the whole thing. Our seating area will be over here." He pointed on the paper. "Then tomorrow I'll show up and can go in these doors. You can come with me or if you want to meet me there that is fine too. This here is the locker rooms. I won't know mine until tonight it will get assigned to me. Luke will be back there with me. We will have a VIP section and you can sit and watch the fights in that section there. Any questions?"

She looked down at her dress and gave it a self conscious tug, "Thank you." She kicked her shoes off and pulled a pan from the cupboard. She turned the oven on and while she waited for the pan to heat up, she walked to the fridge. She pulled out four eggs and cracked them. She separated the yolks and put a little salt and pepper and mixed them up.

She looked at his diagram, "I'll be with you until you weigh in and then I will watch from the side. That way I'm there if you need me and I can see just how close you are. I'll figure out what I can do to help." She listened to him explain about tomorrow and she started to cook the eggs. "I think I will leave you and Luke alone before the fight but after I will be in the back. You can tel me what you want to eat and I will get it for you or make it for you." The eggs didn't take that long to cook. She made them just how he liked them. She out them on a plate and put them in front of them with a fork.

"I'll meet you guys there but I will be there early enough so that I found need anything or forgot anything I can get it for you." She got him a cup of water. "Did you pick what you are going to wear? I know it was such a hard choice." She teased. Affliction sent him three pairs of shorts. One with their logo across his butt (Adri's favorite), one with their logo across his front, and the last were a bit longer and had the Alfficition name going down the sides of the thigh.

Jake watched her cook and thanked her when she put the plate in front of him. He started to eat before getting up to get himself some orange juice. "What do you want to drink?" He figured he could grab it while he was up. She cooked breakfast for him the least he could do was get her something to drink while he was already getting himself something.

"Sure. You can do things however you want but if you're out front and I need you I will text you or have Luke get in touch with you. Use this first fight to get a feel for things and see what fits and works out for you. If you aren't where I want you I'll tell you." And he would, depending on his mood it may be a pleasant way or unpleasant way, it would be hard to tell. He sat back down to finish his eggs. "Things may get hectic. Endorsers may be there to try to talk to you or me. I want them out of my face. Any way possible. Now isn't the time to sign anyone. If they want to talk they can set something up after the fight. It's your job to intercept them."

He thought a moment about the shorts. "I don't know. I like all of them." He meant about the shorts. The one's with Affliction on the butt that she liked was red and black. Those were his favorite colors so that helped make the decision easier. "I guess the red and black ones." The other's were white and black, and the third was all black. "I'll wait to tell you tonight the song I want to come out to. It will depend on my mood. The UFC will find it if you just tell them what it is or you can put it on a disc for them doesn't matter either way."

Once was done he put his plate in the sink and rinsed it off. He went to the bathroom brushing his teeth. Once he was done he sprayed some Axe spray on and headed back out to the kitchen. "I'm ready when you are. Let's do this." He grabbed his bag he had by the door.

"I don't need anything." She said when he offered to get her something.

She nodded her head, "That sounds like the best option." She listened to him speak about endorsers and nodded her head. So she needed to be by Jake after the fight so she could stop people from talking to him. She could imagine that would be very annoying after a fight. She would do the best, like always, to keep Jake from even seeing them. She smiled to herself when he picked out the shorts she liked. "I am sure you will look very good in those ones." She was more than sure. It gave her a reason to look at his butt and it was a bit of eye candy for the all the women in attendance. Not that the clothing really mattered but it would be nice to see.

She finished eating after him and put both dishes in the dishwasher. She started that so when they got home she could put them away. She chewed a piece of gum and grabbed her purse and work phone. "I'm ready." She followed him to his car and while he was driving there she touched up her make up. When he parked she pulled out his ipod and headphones, ready to hand it to him when and if he requested it.

He smiled at her compliment saying he would look good in the shorts he picked out. "Thanks" Jake didn't smile very often but she just got him to and that was odd especially the day before a big fight. It didn't last long and he was heading out the door. He stayed rather quiet on the drive there. His music was up, it was playing some harder rock songs. It was getting him in the zone. The weigh ins were pretty important. He had to stare down Ray Matthews for the picture and reporters. Jake wanted to leave an impression on him that got in his head tonight and into tomorrow. He wanted Ray to be a bit nervous about Jake.

Getting there he showed the guy at the parking garage his pass and went into find a parking space. Once he found one he got out and grabbed his bag. Once they went into the facility they got bombarded with reporters and people asking if he was ready for the fight. He pushed past them not saying anything to any of them. He didn't warn Adri about this so he wasn't upset they were asking questions. Jake actually expected it. The only interview before the fight he was doing was for the UFC to play before his fight. He would do that there shortly before the weigh ins started.

He found Luke and went over to him and sat his stuff down. Luke said hi to Adriana, "Jake your in locker room 15 tomorrow. They are doing your interview in 15..." Jake nodded and set his stuff down. "Since he is fighting Middleweight he will be towards the end to weigh in. Ray is weighing in first." Looking at Adri, "I'll want my ipod as soon as the interview is over. You can wait here if you want." He went over and did the UFC interview where he explained how hard he has trained and was ready for the fight. He wasn't cocky but just stated that his training will show in the Octagon.

After the interview he went to his spot to get his ipod from Adri. He put his headphones on and started listening to his Weigh In Playlist. He started to get focused as Joe Rogan started to the weigh ins. A few endorsers talked to Adri about potentially signing. Jake just started to focus on the fight. He needed to be in the right mindset.

Back
Top Bottom