Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stolen Moments Between the Pages (Translucentfeathers & LoveTheWayYouLie)

Rylan settled into the desk at the entrance of the library, smiling pleasantly at the chatty girl who was prattling away incessantly about something asinine that he really didn't care to give much of his attention to. When he finished checking the last of her books out to her name he handed her the student identification card before nodding at her goodbyes and waiting until she was out of sight before slumping in his chair with a groan. He needed air, space, quiet...something.

Quickly getting to his feet he ducked his head into the office behind the counter to let his supervisor know he was going to head onto the floor and tidy up a bit. The brief nod and grunt was all the slender man needed before he grabbed the little name tag off of the counter, the lanyard getting dropped around his neck easily before he ducked around the desk, hurrying off before another patron could stop him. When he was able to duck into the stacks he let out a slow breath of air, the tension leaving his shoulders at the smell of dust aged paper granted him a comfort he had always been willing to indulge himself in.

Rylan gathered the dropped books that had been left behind by careless students, sweeping them up with pale hands to tuck tightly to his chest as he helped them find their way home one by one on the shelves. It wasn't long before he found a book, something that caught his eye and he couldn't help but pluck it off the shelf as he lingered in the empty aisle.

Taking a quick glance around he smiled at th quiet silence, figuring he was due a break before slipping off to sit in a window ledge, folding his smaller frame into the sunlight to skim the psges better. He smoothed a hand through the thick black hair thst fell haphazardly, curling at the nape of his neck and wrapping around his ears. It needed a trim, the long strands beginning to show waves and patterns of loose curling. His light grey eyes focused on the book though, ignoring everything else as he filtered through the words on the page and allowing himself a chance to get just a little lost in another world, if only for a few stolen moments.

RE: Stolen Moments Between the Pages (Translucentfeathers x LoveTheWayYouLie)

Issac stood outside of the library for a moment, he had never really been to one of these before. Outside of going during school as a boy. His family didn't agree with nearly everything in here, in fact they didn't agree with anything that wasn't from the text of the bible. Issac's father was a pastor, and his mother was the leader of their women's natural home birth church commission. Needless to say, Issac was more than happy to go away to college.

His family was paying for him to go to school for business, as even a successful church needed to know how to run its funds. Funny, when churches claimed to be a non-profit. Issac of course didn't argue this with his parents, he was just happy to be away. He was a freshman this year and felt like a small fish in a big pond, which was a big change from his tiny town back home. Where he was rather well known as the pastors son, and prince charming. But, these were the challenges of a knew world.

Walking into the library, he sighed at the quiet of the place. The soft hum of quiet talking came to his ears. People were sitting in the little snack area eating snacks and reading. Just the site made him smile and he headed inside. This library was large, with at least three stories tall, and computers sat around in a circle where people worked quietly or wore ear buds.

This was great change of pace from his loud dorm room which he shared with three other men. Heading up the steps, he went to explore the second floor and find a quiet place to do his homework.

Issac was the look of a man, even if he was only 19 years old. He was tall and built strong from his work out routine, but was also built naturally. Blonde hair hung loose around his face as he pushed it back, his father would be so made to see his hair in such a state, he would have to get it cut before he saw them for Christmas break.

Outside the clouds were thick with a cold rain on the fall evening, it was the perfect day to curl up with a good book and just the thought made Issac smile. Thats when he walked by a little nook in the second floor and saw someone sitting there reading. Looking over he saw the dark haired boy. Issac's blue eyes looked over and they got big in that moment. His feet stopped moving and he found himself staring at the stranger.

Why? Because that boy was the most beautiful person Issac had ever seen and his heart jumped into his chest. Swallowing hard, he forced himself to walk away and to hide in one of the isles. This wasn't the first time this type of desire had came to Issac. He had always found young and smaller men attractive. He knew it was the worst sin, and he knew he was sick for thinking about it. He had never dared tell anyone in free of what would happen to him if he did.....

His heart beat heavy in his chest he could hear it in his ears. His mind fighting with himself. He wanted to go talk to that boy....but...he knew he shouldnt. But, he was at college, alittle fun never hurt, right? And what his parents didnt know wouldnt hurt them! Licking his lips and peeked around the corner to get another look at the handsome young man before he took a deep breath and walked around the book case.

“Excuse me...do you know where I could find the fiction?....and a....the historial refferance books?” It was just an excuse to say something to this pretty thing.

Rylan had fallen hard for the pages he currently was enthralled with. The book was addictive, a gothic era horror novel and his simple opening to a random passage had led him to stopping after a page to start at the beginning. He was almost through the firsr chapter when a voice dragged him from the printed words and he hummed before waving a dismissive hand as he tried to refocus.

"The fiction is on this floor broken up by subcategories and the references for history, philosophy, social sciences and art is on the third floor. Anything else you would want to go downstairs for," Rylan hummed, affording a slight glance up when he finished speaking, just so he wouldn't appear too rude and have a complaint marked against him for not being pleasant enough, and was he ever so glad he did.

The other student couldn't be much older than he but all the same their forms were completely different. Where Rylan was long lean muscle and lithe limbs this person had the body of someone who was physical, who worked out or was somewhat athletic. Rylan was hesitant to ascribe the word jock to him because he didn't seem to be the typical neanderthal that the athletics department produced. But beyond the tall built frame there was a crown of golden hair that just begged to be played with and a pair of deep blue eyes that had him feeling pinned to where he was curled up in the large window sill.

With an easy smile, something much more genuine than the one he afforded the other people in the library normally, Rylan shut the book in hid hands, thumb holding his place. "Looking for a particular genre of fiction?" He asked with a slight tilt of his head.

He felt a little shallow, knowing tall, gorgeous men usually had his full attention where as anyone else who had bothered him in this situation would have gotten a brush off. It wasn't like the anything would come of it, though...the guy was probably straighter than a two by four; it was just fun to flirt a little and smile, even if the feelings weren't likely to be reciprocated.

"And any particular age or location for your reference history search? Or are you studying everything and everyone?" Rylan offered the Adonis looking vision slight smile, hoping he took the light teasing for what it was.

Issac had mustered up the courage to even speak to this fair and handsome young man, and it was shocking even to him. College was a knew place to Issac, having come from a very strange home life in a small town. But living on his own and dealing with his more wild room mates had opened him up in a way he would never express to his parents in his life. This was one of those wild things he knew he needed to get out of his system. A part of Issac thought that if he tried his curiosity, the desire would go away. Little did his know, he couldn't have been anymore wrong.

That's when the little prince in the window spoke and Issac thought he just might pass out from the small words. Those eyes turned up to look at Issac and his heart jumped into his throat. When he was asked just what he was looking for, Issac nearly kicked himself as he totally forgot what he was even looking for.

“Um....No...I'm just looking for something to read. Winter is going to be here soon, and I want to get stuck in the apartment with a least a few good books...and a few books to work on my term papers....” He said lightly, stroking a hand through his blonde locks to push the hair from his face.

He could tell by the way the dark haired young man moved and talked that, he was flirting with him and it caused Issac to smile lightly, even an unknown blush to dot his nose. “Heh, well, I have a few term papers due over the years of the bible and the inquisition. A few others, but they are small essays....” he said, leaning against one of the book cases slightly. His attempt to be as smooth as possible to this pretty thing before him.

Issac loved his black hair, and he wanted to touch it. Those blue eyes looked the other male over openly. He didn't hide that he checked him out, and chewed on his bottom lip nervously. “But yea...I'm not sure what type of fiction to read....I thought, you know....you could help me out?”

Issac attempted to play dumb just to keep talking to the handsome creature before him.

So maybe the feelings were reciprocated. Rylan loved the way the blond was pushing a hand through that golden hair, smiling and leaning against the bookshelf almost looking like he was at perfect ease. It made the boy wonder what it would be like to be caught between that strong leaning frame and the bookcase, how it would feel if that hard body crowded him into the shelves and-

Rylan's thoughts became derailed when he noticed a small flush on the other man's face, the tip of his nose pinkening. The hints of a blush was nothing compared to the way his own pale skin betrayed him, the way his cheeks would brighten as the heat would flare and trail over his neck and under his shirt collar...he was only glad he found a way to control it and only saw that control slip when he was shocked or too aroused to care.

With a small grin he gave the book he was reading a once over again before he tugged a spare pen that had been hiding in his pocket out to use in place of a bookmark, pushing his to stand, stretching a little as he did so. Rylan smiled up at the other student, noticing the way the blond had a good head of height on him if not more causing him to feel a slight spike of arousal. Always did have a thing for the tall, big ones.

"Aren't you cute," he hummed as Rylan walked over, patting the man's arm in a consoling manner as he passed, "Asking a librarian for recommendations...dangerous, daring even...I like it." He raised an eyebrow playfully before he continued down the aisle. "So, what kind of fiction do you lean towards? Something more current, popular authors like Dan Brown, John Grisham, Stephen King, George R.R. Martin or Clive Cussler?" He glanced over his shoulder at the taller man as he nodded for him to follow, looking to see if the names held any recognition for him. "Of course there are the more classic authors, Alexandre Dumas, James Joyce, F.Scott Fitzgerald, Victor Hugo, Tolkein though you seem like someone who might appreciate John Steinbeck," he offered with a shrug.

He shoved his hands into his pockets as his eyes roamed over the rows of shelves before them, fingers fiddling idly with the keys there. Rylan turned, glancing at the other man, flashing him a smile. "Or would you prefer to tell me a favorite flavor of fiction? Horror, Science-fiction, Thriller, Mystery or perhaps Romance?" He couldn't help the wink he sent the blond's way. "I am sure we've got a few bodice rippers around here somewhere if that is what tickles you."

Issac had once been called Lancelot through his high school years by a young nerdy girl. A long time had passed before he got to read the stories of King Arthur and did he understand why she was calling him that. He was handsome, tall, and strapping. Never had Issac seen himself like this, but reading it had given him pause, making him wonder if he was a Lancelot? He surely knew how to charm, at least, he tried. As he was trying right now to be as smooth as possible to this handsome young man before.

When he was called cute, those blush on his nose dotted over his cheeks and to his ears. “Well, I always want the best. So, asking help from the best is only logical...” he said softly before he followed the other man. Walking off in the direction of the books he was seeking. As Rylan talked, Issac's eyes moved to look down at that healthy bottom in those dark pants. Oh, that was a site to check out as they walked and Issac had to hold back himself to not make a 'ooo' face.

Only to look up when Rylan looked over his shoulder at him, giving a nervous laugh he shrugged. “Um, I like Stephen King and George R.R. Martin for anything modern....and F.Scott Fitzgerald....Tolkein is a favorite of mine...” He said, he loved himself from medieval fantasy. He was a secret nerd like that, if he could dress and for to those Renaissance fairs, he so would. “I'd love to re-read the Hobbit again...” He said softly.

It was when the other made the comment about romance novels and he smiled. “Hm...I'd really enjoy a good romance....” He said back, but there really wasn't an air of teasing. “Anything you can recommend for that?...” Issac asked with a smile and looked at the books before them.

The guy hadn't become completely lost or was left a drooling mess while Rylan had prattled on incessantly about authors? Not only that but he actually had something to add to the conversation and was able to tease back? The sheer competence of the blond was a huge turn on, moreso than just his looks and Rylan stole a glance back at the tall built male following him to smile appreciatively. Rylan felt the small little nerd inside of himself swoon at the idea of this gorgeous Greek god was possibly more than just a pretty face.

"Well, I can't say that smutty literature is a forte of mine but I am willing to wade through the covers of shirtless Fabio's if you are," he offered with a wink before turning down an aisle not far from where he had been settled in the window sill. He selected a novel by a newer rising author with a similar voice as Tolkien to tuck under his arm before bending over and humming in triumph when he found a well loved copy of the Hobbit on a bottom shelf. "Try this one, newer author though I have heard good things. A bit more oriented on the battle of the individual characters and focuses on a smaller wold than Martin does, but still has a very open concept like Tolkein. Well, at least that is what I have heard, anyways," he said with a small tilt of his head as he offered the two books over to him. "And a copy of the Hobbit in case the first recommendation is completely off."

Rylan turned, and headed further down the aisle, slipping out of the end to walk along the back wall before stopping in front of another one a few away. "Now that is the romance section," he offered with a playful grin and waggle of his eyebrows. His fingers unbuttoned the cuffs around his wrists before he rolled up the long button ups shirtsleeves around his forearms, flashing a grin up at the nameless eighth wonder of the world. "Can't say I have much experience when it comes to literature on this subject," he mused with a slightly crooked grin. "But who am I to deny someone's interests and thirst for reading material?"

Rylan walked into the aisle and his eyes roamed over the covers and authors names carefully, trying to bring to mind everything he had heard or knew in regards to this genre. "Do you prefer modern or something that does, quite literally, entertain bodice ripping?" He asked, glancing over at those gorgeous blue eyes, his own light grey ones sparkling with humor.

Issac followed as they made their way down the isles. “I'm not to interested in picking out handsome men, well, not on books.” He said off offhandedly and very cool. He was rather happy with himself that he didn't sound like a loser and it came out so smooth. Giving himself an inner high five. He really had come for books, but his mind was far from books. For the most part.

Once they reached the area they were looking for and the boy bent down to get the books, there was no shame in Issac to not look. He looked, and licked a lip as he did so. This boy was one of the best looking he had seen in a long time, with those loose black curls and very prefect body. At least to Issac it was perfect. Many thought his was. But he didn't see himself as that, as he was not very vain.

Taking the two books offered he smiled, “Well, Thank you....the Hobbit is always perfect. But I'm sure this new one will be just as good. Heading with him to the romance section. Laughing at the boys attempts to be funny about the subject matter.

“Heh....I like bodice ripping and tunic ripping....” He said playfully that, he enjoyed both as mostly boys were tunics in medieval setting stories. “Maybe even the removal of armor....” Shrugs a shoulder as he looks over the titles, running a finger over the bindings. Before he shook his head and didn't look interested in them. “Nah....show me the mysteries section....maybe I can read some Steven King when my school work is done.”

As they moved from the romance, he took out a piece of paper and pen from his pocket. Writing down his cell phone number as he did so, before slipping the pen into his pocket. Once at the mystery section he smiled and looked at the titles, turning back to the boy. “Thanks....Um. I'm Issac by the way...” He said, his nose dotting with pink again. “And....I know this seems abit forward but...” Holds out his number. “I have a lot of studying to do tonight....and an essay to write. But...when Im done....I'd love to maybe get some coffee with you or something...” He said, leaning against the book case.

This guy was just too cute, tall, sexy and resembling a golden haired greek god's musculature...but all the same? He was adorable with his small blush and attempts at sounding suave. Not that it wasn't working, because it definitely was; Rylan just found something so endearing about the way the other man spoke and seemed earnest and interested in what the young librarian had to say while adding to the conversation. "Hmm, no tunic ripping, unfortunately. Not a high demand, though peeling off a knights armor probably isn't as alluring as it sounds. All that heated metal stinking of stale sweat and dragon blood?" He asked with a snicker before leading him over to mystery and horror.

Rylan watched as the other young man traced a finger across the spines of the books and chided himself when a more lecherous side of himself wondered what it would feel like to have that finger trace down the back of his own spine. He repressed the shiver in time to notice that he, now identified as Issac, offered him a slip of paper. "So, you've been chatting me up this whole time while feigning an interest in literature?" He questioned, eyebrow raising playfully.

He took the offered number though and studied it for a moment before grabbing his cell out of his back pocket to punch in Issacs number before slipping the little paper into his book as a bookmark. "And forward would have been you pinching my ass rather than just staring at it," he said with a waggle of his eyebrows and a small grin, hoping to pull a brighter blush out of the tall man. He had noticed the look, or at least thought he had, he was glad he had been right.

Rylan went back to the shelves picking out a few books of Stephen King's to add to the other two Issac held. He ran a pale hand through his hair then, smiling up at the guy. "I get off at seven but I have a paper I need to finish...how about tomorrow? Around ten in the morning? Know this great little place downtown that isn't too far from campus. They have some really good coffee, great selection of tea too."

It was true, tunic ripping wasn't something many people wrote about or had in stock at the public library. Not that he wouldn't have loved to read something about it, he loved all of it. Issac's door swung both ways, and he was wanting to enjoy the flavors of his favorite type of boy. The ones he looked at alone in his dorm room. Boys like the sexy thing in front of him. Nodding as they headed away from the romance section. “I hear Dragon blood smells really good...” He teased, that was the smell a goth girl he had been with told her perfume scent was. Even her, his family would have hated her, but Issac had liked her. She was smart, and wild. With pale skin and dark hair. Much like the beauty before him now. Oh yes, it was a site.

But once they got to the mystery books, and he offered the other his number. The other male accused him of chatting him up and faking his interest in books. Issac shook his head and his blush got brighter, “No...no...um....No. My interest in literature is sincere. Just I was alittle more interested in you than books....” Issac could be very open, or at least, he called it word vomit where he just spoke without much thought. His true desires would just come out from being pushed back all his life.

Oh god! He caught him looking at his ass! Shit, a part of Issac wanted to crawl under a rock and die. But, he told himself to stand firm, stand behind what he did and do back down. Nodding he smiled, “Well, good thing for mild self control...” He laughed shyly before he shook his head. “Sorry bout that.”

Taking the books offered, Issac smiled and nodded. “Good...we can do tomorrow morning...just ah....text me the address and I can meet you there?...” He asked, licking his bottom lip slightly. “Um....Whats your name?...”

"Ease up there, handsome. Just teasing you a bit-no one reads Tolkien all the way through for fun light reading unless they know their way around literature. And no need to apologize for appreciating my assets," he said while waggling his eyebrows playfully with a broad grin at his own horrible joke. "Besides, if I didn't want it I would use my epic powers as a librarian to kick you out on your own tush...speaking of, you have a pretty nice looking one yourself," he said as he jerked his chin at Issac with a smile. He mirrored the other man's stance, leaning his back against the bookshelf while watching him.

He absolutely loved the shy laugh, the way he licked at his bottom lip and that adorable blush. Rylan felt a little more than excited when the guy wasn't completely put off with his more open approach to flirting. He hadn't always been that way, there was a time he was the shy, blushing geek from NewHampshire that was bullied ceaselessly for everything from his thin frame and 'bookish' ways to his complete disinterest in the opposite sex. He hated it. It wasn't until he came out officially to his dad before he realized he didn't need anyone's permission to feel or be whatever way he wanted to. There was always going to be someone bigger than him, or louder than him trying to stifle him with their own unhappiness...there was simply no point in letting some homophobic, judgemental or close minded jerk dictate his happiness. So he was all about playful flirting, sarcasm and just enjoying himself in the openness of it all. He loved who he was, and while there would always be hard days, his dad told him he couldn't let someone else's approval be the basis he founded his life around.

Rylan shook his head with a small smile, biting his lip when he realized he had let himself get lost in his own head for a minute before glancing back up at the gorgeous guy across from him, arms folding across his chest. "Name's Rylan. I can check your books out for you if you want?"

Issac smiled when he was told that the handsome young man was just teasing him, stroking the hair out of his face before he was told that his butt looked nice and he looked at Rylan with wider eyes and his blush went all the way to his cheeks. Oh wow, he had never been talk to like that and it made him flush bright and his heart beat harder as a light laugh came from him. “...hehe...um...well, I'm glad that you liked it...” He said, holding his books abit tighter.

This boy had no idea the type of homophobic hating Christians this young man had come from. That they were so ass backwards they have nearly abuse their son with religion. To the point that if his family found they wouldn't just cut him off from everything, they would abuse him and maybe even hurt him and his lover if they ever knew. But here he was, disobeying and loving it. At least, for now. He knew things could never be than a few dates, maybe some sexual encounters...then he would have to cut Rylan off. Just like everyone else. Boy or Girl.

Taking a deep breath at the sound of the others voice, he could almost hear himself panting it. “Rylan huh..you're- I mean, Thats cute...” He stumbled abit in his words before he shook his head, that wasn't smooth. “Yea, I'd love that...” At the opening to get his books check out. Pushing himself off the shelf and heading for the steps to go back down to the front desk.

"Great," he hummed, a bright smile covering his features before nodded for Cullen to follow him. He led the gorgeous greek god up to the front counter before slipping back behind the desk. Motioning for the books and asking for his student i.d. card as he began processing the books through the check-out system. "And you know, while your blushing and stammering is incredibly adorable, your attempts at being smooth and suave was also attractive," he said with a little wink. Rylan felt like the guy was either repressed or oppressed, either way? A little praise he found went a long way to help coax gorgeous guys still in the closet out of their shell.

"Trust me, stud, you've already caught my attention and you scored a coffee date with me," he said, glancing up at Issac briefly with a grin before returning to his computer screen. "No need to be nervous." He finished up before smiling brightly at the taller young man. The only hard part was going to come when the chance arose that this would just turn into a quick bout of sex and physical pleasure. Guys that were so used to denying themselves, their wants and desires tended to let loose. Quick instant gratification outweighing any hopes of an actual relationship. Yeah, it sucked, but there was no point in pretending it would be more ot getting your hopes up...even if it was tempting with a guy as gorgeous and smart as this one.

They headed back towards the front of the building and he was thankful that he didn't have to be as smooth now that he got his number to the other male. He knew he made a fool out of himself and he wondered if Rylan was going to even text him about their date tomorrow morning. Never in his life had he had a date in the morning, but there was a first time for everything! Once at the counter he got out his I.D badge for the check out and leaned forward on the counter.

The other boys words made him glue his eyes on that pretty face, Rylan was right, he was in the closet and he didn't plan on coming out. But that didn't stop him for feeling the praise and loving it. He smiled sweetly and gave a light laugh. “Nah, I'm not nervous, Just excited.” He said, even though he was nervous.

Once the books were handed back to him, he took them and looked at Rylan before tapping the counter. “Text me the address....and I'll see you tomorrow baby doll.” Issac said lightly before he turned and headed out of the library, hit heart was racing. He couldn't believe he scored a date with such a cutie! As he walked back to the dorms his phone went off, gah, it was his father. He let it go to voicemail. He wasn't in a mood to deal with that shit. Not today.

The sweet endearment had a slight blush of his own curving over Rylan's cheeks. He watched the gorgeous guy walk away, a small smile slipping over his features. He refocused his attentions to finishing up his work day, closing out his shift with a bit of a lighter mood than he had in a long time. A part of him knew this probably wouldn't go anywhere, sure coffee and some groping or a quick release, and then a guy like that would go back to his life and ignore Rylan like he had never shared a moment with him in the library. It had happened enough times before for him not to get his hopes up, despite wanting to.

As he made his way home for the night he pulled out his phone and sent a flirty little message to the number Issac gave him with the address linked below.

Hey there gorgeous, can't wait for coffee and more book chatter tomorrow. Linked the address below-Rylan

Hitting send was one of the easiest things he had done that day, after flirting shamelessly and eyeing the blond man like he wanted to jump him regardless of their location of course. With a small smile he ignored the apprehension he felt and just reveled in the moment of being wanted, of being desired, unwilling to recognize that whenever he got dumped and his ass hit the sidewalk this time around just how much it would hurt.

Issac was back at his dorm when he got the text message. As well as being stuck in his home work, but the getting the message made him smile, it seemed the boy he met wasn't playing around, and neither was he. At least....right now. He knew he would have to play the drop them like its hot game, but right now the burn was gonna feel so good. Issac knew this was crazy....and doing things like this was reckless for himself and others. But....from all the years of church worked abuse....he just didn't work like normal people. Even if he wanted to be.

With a smile, he texted back. Thanks! I'm excited too. I'll met you in the morning!

He wanted to text more, but he didn't and set the phone down. His dorm mates were all being loud, and in the main living area playing video games. Yes, Issac would love to be in there with this be he was busy. Work came first.

The following morning he got up and took a shower, there was no one in the dorm that morning. The rest of his dorm mates had classes at 6 am, so they wouldn't be back for awhile. Thank goodness for what as well, because Issac turned on the radio and well, Taylor Swift was playing Blank Space, so as Issac was getting out of the shower and dressing, he was busying singing at the top of his lungs. Why? Because Issac wasn't a simple, two thought jock christian like his family wanted him to be.

It was just to prefect to play this as he was getting ready for his date. Why? He didn't know, but he knew it deep down. Dancing as he put on his pants and boots, as well as his button down shirt. He even blow dried his hair. Ensuring that his facial hair was fully shaved and looking good as he got ready. Tossing his light coat on, and sighed. Turning the radio off and heading out to the address he had been given.

Humming to himself as he walked, before he found the little place. It was a beautiful little shop, tucked away from everything else. Today wasn't cold at all, and the sun was bright. No one was out and about, as the world was rather quiet as Issac headed to the small coffee shop. His blue eyes on the look out for those beautiful raven locks.

Rylan stood at the counter, glancing over the menu choices with a bit of excitement as he ordered a drink. It was some insanely sweet concoction with tons of caramel and chocolate that was sure to leave his teeth rotting out of his mouth but he couldn't care less as he relished the idea of being able to enjoy the sugar rush and caffeine. At the sound of the small bell tinkling over the front door, he glanced over his sboulder and his smile brightened further when he noticed Issac walking in.

The guy was still beautiful as ever, tall built and blond, he looked like he should be in some painting depicting a greek god. Biting his bottom lip to keep his smile from turning into a full out goofy grin he nodded at Issac and motioned him over as he finished placing his order.

Rylan had to be honest, he wasn't sure the guy would show as it was often a hit or a miss with these gorgeous tall straighter than a two by four types. Some chickened out before the date, others panicked while on the date which was always fun, while others made it all the way through and even got to fooling around a bit and then dropped off the face of the earth after getting enough of a taste to satisfy them for a while. He wondered how far Issac would make it.

"Glad you made it, gorgeous. What do you want?" He asked with a grin as he glanced up at Issac when the other man approached.

The little place was super cute, as he walked in. He already loved it, it was small and had a few tables and chairs. A small fire place made it feel cozy and needless to say, he didn't want to really go anywhere else. This was going to his new place to get away, and he was going to love it....hopefully he could get away with someone....else.... and there he was.... Issac smiled at the sight before him. Rylan was the prettiest thing, that he liked to see from a far. Those black locks against white as snow skin...it reminded him of a fairy tale....

With a grand smile he walked up to Rylan and looked him over, openly. “Hey Snow White....” He said, reaching out and touching the other boy's elbow softly in a hold type greeting. Maybe this was a bad idea, as he felt his heart beating harder. Never had he felt himself getting excited like this when he tried to be with boys. It was always wham bam, bye. But when he looked into those pretty eyes, and looked at that hair like ink colored silk. His heart melted.

Yes. This was a bad idea.

Swallowing tightly, he felt like he needed to run, but he didn't. Taking a deep breath he smiled. “I'd like a french vanilla cappuccino please, extra whipped topping.” He said as the barista nodded and got to making their drinks.

Issac just wanted to kiss those lips right now when Rylan smiled up at him. But he held himself back, holding the wild animal inside of himself away. “Wanna take a seat, maybe by the fire place?....They'll bring us our coffee right?....” He asked, putting his hands in his pockets to keep himself from touching Rylan anymore, even if he wanted to.

“Yes” The barista said with a laugh and Issac smiled, nodding to her and heading to the small fire place in the corner. There was a few chairs by it, but there was a couch and Issac took that up first. Sitting down, and hoping Rylan sat close, cause...he wanted to put his arm around his shoulders. Issac was falling into a rabbit hole he would be unable to get out of when he needed to.

Rylan felt hopeful when Issac returned his smile and grasped his elbow in a comforting greeting. When he suggested they take a seat his smile widened a bit, glad the other guy wanted to sit somewhere quiet and talk. Rylan paid for their drinks quickly before thanking the barista and walking over to the little nook with the couch near the fireplace the other man had chosen. Issac seemed...skittish wasn't quite the word he would label it as. Hesitant maybe? Holding back? That one seemed to ring the most true.

With an easy smile he settled onto the couch. He kept a few inches of a buffer between them so he didn't scare the other man off with too much too soon, but he kept within arms reach, knocking his shoulder playfully against Isaac's he decided to go for the gold and get an awkward question he had been wanting to ask out of the way first.

"This isn't your thing normally, is it?" He asked briefly, turning a little to bend his leg closest to Issac at the knee so he could tuck it up onto rhe couch and face the blond. "Not that I mind, the closeted ones tend to be the most wild when it comes to rolling between the sheets," he offered with a wink before he dropped the teasing tone and smiled sincerely. "But, seriously...this whole dating guys thing isn't your usual bit is it?"

He wasn't sure if it was due to family disapproval or Issac's own. Being scared or worried about family and friends hating the lifestyle was something he could work with and possibly try and help ease. Self hatred for identifying as liking the same sex was a bit more tricky and could be dangerous if they lashed out at you. He had experienced that and had no intentions of going down that road again, thank you.

"Normally I wouldn't bother asking," he said with a lift of a single shoulder as he picked at the hem of his sleeve idly. "But you seem like a smart guy and even though I like teasing a blush out of you, I don't want to make you uncomfortable or send you screaming," he said with a small laugh before his eyes returned to his.

Issac made a face when Rylan paid for the coffee, but he didn't argue with him. That was best to not do right away with someone. So, he allowed it to happened and headed back to the small couch by the little fire place. This was a really cute place, and he was very happy he came...not to mean the dream boat with him....god he'd love nothing more than to see that slim body twisting against the sheets. Pushing his mind from that, he smiled as Rylan sat close, but nothing clingy.

The question on the other hand threw him off his game for a second before he smiled and sighed. “That obvious huh? Heh....well...No....this isn't my normal thing....” He licked his lips as looked away for a second. “I ah....hah....No...you wont send me screaming.” If anything he knew he might ruin this boy. Or the other way around. He didn't know. All he knew was this...felt different from everyone else.

“Yea, I don't normally have the guts to ask guys out. Nor the time to bother with it and allow myself some freedom...” He sighed and looked back at Rylan. “But when I saw such a beautiful thing....I couldn't let that pass me by....” reaching out, he tucked some of Rylan's curls behind his ear softly.

“I normally take out those bimbos....big tits....big purses...small brains....” Shrugs a shoulder. “But they don't get me off....sexually or not. Fuck if anything it's disgusting to me...” Issac admitted to Rylan. He never spoke openly, but with this kid, he felt like he could....

He tilted his head a bit when Issac's fingers brushed over his ear when the blond tucked some stray dark hair behind his ear. Rylan listened quietly, hearing the same tragic story he knew too many men and women suffered in silence through, keeping his face impassive so as to not give away his thoughts on the matter.

When he heard the types of women Issac subjected himself to he couldn't help but grimace, hand brushing against the blond's shoulder in a sympathetic way. He felt a brief spike of jealousy race through him thoigh, at the idea of whenever Issac ditched that Rylan might see this intelligent gorgeous man walking around arm in arm with some ditzy, high maintenance socialite. Rylan shoved the feeling down, ignoring it before shaking his head briefly with a slow shrug and smile.

"You're sweet," he hummed easily, tilting his head with a nod towards him when their coffee was brought over. He took a moment to scoop up his cup, fingers reveling in the warmth of the cup between his hands. "Not every day a guy as gorgeous as you calls me beautiful," he said with a light teasing tone before he took a sip of his drink, enjoying the sweet burn of it on his tongue.

"I won't pretend I know what it is like to be in your shoes," he said wirh a quiet shake of his head. "And I won't push you to open up to me or explain yourself. I don't mind keeping things light and casual and private between us," he offered with a slow shrug. "I can be discreet and offer you space. I won't demand to wear your class ring and letterman jacket," Rylan said sarcastically with a slight roll of his eyes and small smile. "And things go as far and as quickly as you are comfortable."

He hedged for a moment, fingers tracing over the edge of his cup as he smiled down at it quietly. "Just one request...maybe we could be friends outside of dating and the physical stuff?" He asked hesitantly, glancing up at Issac. It was normally something he would never ask, wouldn't dream of, but he wanted something out of this at least, even if it was just a guy he could talk literature with.

"I know a lot of times this is a hit and run type of deal so if that is all you want," he nodded quietly, "I can respect that. But I wouldn't mind talking books with you when you swing by the library if you would be open to that." Rylan glanced up at Issac, searching his face. "I don't need a relationship or social recognition...just maybe a conversation or two, regardless of what this," he motioned between them, "becomes."

Back
Top Bottom