Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Crazies(TicTacGuy123 and Princess)

Star Pupil

Old soul
Abigail didn't belong here. She knew that now after she had finally freed herself from that medicine they forced on her. She was finally herself again...for the most part. Now she had learned a lesson, she couldn't let herself feel anything or else she'd give herself away. They'd know if she wasn't acting like a complete zombie...so she had to take precautions. Starting with keeping to herself and not interacting with any lowlife scum who would upset her. She needed to get out of here, but she needed help. Or at the very least, cover.

All the women around her were useless. Drooling fools who couldn't wait to get their next dessert that was laced with the poison that numbed them in every way possible. Nothing but cattle who loyally did what they were asked and followed every single rule. No one was suitable to be her assistant, so she'd have to look elsewhere. There was a time of day where they were allowed to interact with the opposite sex. During their walks outside, during game time, etc. So she made sure to use every last minute of her time scouting potential lackies, someone she could easily use. She already had someone in mind, but she needed to risk talking to him. He was good looking, which was a plus. She couldn't stand ugly people.

It was time for breakfast. She had just finished showering and they were all being herded into the cafetorium. It was just as sterile and white as the rest of the building. She hated it...the smell of vomit and other excrements lingered no matter how much they tried to scrub it away with bleach and other cleaning chemicals. It turned her stomach and she rarely had an appetite. But she forced herself to eat so she wouldn't draw attention to herself. As they lined up at the window to get food, the men started to come in as well. She glanced over with a frown and looked for that man. She'd make an effort to actually sit with him, this time.

Jericho, or Jeri, as his fellow incarcerates had taken to calling him, was shuffling slowly down the halls towards the cafeteria along with the others. He lagged towards the back, watching and listening to the others talk about things that in all honesty didn't matter whatsoever. A couple bragged about how well they could keep the medicine down. Others complained that their doses had been upped and they felt nauseous. What did it matter? If the drugs didn't stay down, the doctors would make it stay down.

The double doors that marked the men's entrance to the cafeteria buzzed and opened, allowing the group access. The others entered and Jericho followed shortly after, his hands clasped before his stomach and his thumbs twirling around one another. He wasn't particularly hungry, but the men in white would get mad if he didn't eat, so he got in line to get his portion of the stuff passed off as food. He didn't look up at anybody, not even once.

When he received his tray, he instinctively looked for an empty table. He was a loner out in the real world, and it was no different in here, the other men recognizing that while they were all crazy, he was a bit further gone than they were. They left him alone and he left them alone, sitting in the corner by himself, nibbling at his food and pushing his glasses further up onto his nose whenever they began to slide down.

By the time Abigail had gotten her food, she saw him. She moved to the back of the line, just so she wouldn't seem too conspicuous if she got her food before him and waited. The sheep behind her was happy to take her place, even going so far as to thank her. Why? She just elected to ignore her, like she did to anyone who spoke to her. They were too wrapped up in their activities to care if she did. In fact, they probably all assumed she was mute considering the fact that she had never spoken a word. Not even when she was hopped up on her meds. She had always been quiet and refused to speak to anyone. It would be odd to finally speak to someone now.

When she received her tray of "food", she glanced over to the man in the corner with glasses. Good, he was sitting alone just like he always did. This was her chance. She made a beeline through the cafeteria, crossing onto the mens side despite their being no rules against men and women sitting together. There had always been a little segregation in the asylum, just because people were paranoid about being with the opposite sex. It made interactions awkward. So she could feel all the eyes on her as she made the march towards that mans table. Someone tried to say hi to her, but she ignored him. Her eyes were already settled on her prey and she had no time for anyone else.

"I'm sitting here." Abigail proclaimed as she set her tray down and pulled out the chair across from him. Sitting down, her gaze settled onto him. Her blue eyes were steely, unwavering and quite intimidating. Especially because she wasn't known to pay attention to anyone around her. It had been a long time since she acknowledged anyone's presence. Not even her doctors or nurses.

Jericho brought his eyes up to meet his visitor's, startled by their intensity. "Oh...uh...okay..." he mumbled, unsure of exactly what to do about the current situation. It wasn't too often that someone tried to be around him, especially a female. He tried to focus his attention on eating, nipping away at the food, but he simply couldn't ignore the presence sitting across from him, the image of her blue gaze now burned into his mind. He snuck peeks at her between bites, trying to find words.

"I'm...Jericho. Or Jeri. Whatever..." he mumbled, his mind having trouble transferring the words to his mouth. He could now feel not only the eyes of the woman before him, but also every other patient in the cafeteria, this sight being one that is completely unheard of for them. Jericho bit at his lip for a moment before daring to look up at the bold individual. "Why?" he asked confidently, putting up a facade of bravery before it fell and he returned to his anxious nibbling.

"Don't get mad at me...they'll take us away. Drug us. Bad drugs, not good not good." He continued murmuring under his breath, most of it unintelligible, the general gist being that he was terrified of the things that the doctors would do if they thought he was being uncooperative with them. He was so terrified of them that he had even begun taking the pills in the prescribed doses like they asked, even though their effects were minimal, only managing to keep him calmer, rather than fixing the actual problems that he suffered from.

Jericho. Or Jeri. Whatever...well she'd pick the first one. It sounded more eloquent for her tongue. She stared at him for a long while, listening to his mumbling. Now that she was close to him, she could finally figure out what he was saying. How delightful...he was so nervous underneath her stare, and the fact that he was afraid of the doctors? Well that was something Abigail could definitely work with. Despite this going through her mind, her gaze did not change. Not even when she took an occasional bite of food. She always ate just enough so that they wouldn't try to make her eat. "Why..? Because I wanted to..." Abigail muttered, ignoring the cafeteria's obvious stares.

The nurses were aware that she never talked to anyone or never made an effort to be around anyone. Even they were staring, whispering amongst themselves. At least that's what Abigail was picturing as she stared blankly at him. "I'm Abigail...you may call me as such. I couldn't help but hear that little conversation you're having to yourself. Do you think the medicine that these...people...give us is bad?" Abigail asked, her voice just under a whisper. No more attention needed to be drawn to them...they didn't need to hear what they were saying. It was hard for her to filter her thoughts. She had spent such a long time alone with them that she had no need to filter herself.

People...you mean dirty cunts...stupid fucking bitches who keep us down with needles instead of their own strength! Fuck those fucking... Abigail twitched faintly at the thought just in the back of her head but did her best to contain it. Now wasn't the time for an outburst, now wasn't the time to be angry. Soon. Soon that other her would be free. Just not now. Not the right moment...

Jericho bit his lip again, thinking over her words and then nodding. "The doctors and nurses aren't good people...they don't want what's best for me, they want what's best for them." He rocked back and forth slightly, the wheels in his head clearly turning, attempting to break through the cobwebs created by the drugs. "When the make me take the pills I feel...different. Not me. Not who I am." He shuddered violently for a brief moment and then recovered, looking back into Abigail's eyes.

"I feel like I'm being held back. My own body is holding me back it feels just...so...wrong." He dropped his eyes and started picking again, making it look as though he was eating healthily. He sighed quietly. "There isn't anything we can do though" he whispered, his lips twisting into a sort of half frown. There was more to what he wanted to say, but saying it would most likely scare off his newest acquaintance, even though she struck him as the kind of woman that doesn't scare easily, if at all.

He took a quick look at one of the doctors that was doubling as a guard, making sure they weren't being watched specifically. He then looked around at the other patients, making sure none were eavesdropping. The last thing he needed was to have one of the others getting him in trouble and landing him behind the double doors at the end of the male ward hallway. No one came back from there, at least not the way they went in. He shuddered again at the thought and forced it as far away as he could.

The more he talked, the more pleased she became. Not that it really showed on her face. She just kept blankly staring at him until he looked around. She in turn did so as well, and she met eyes with a few onlookers. A quick glare made them go away. Her eyes then went back to his as she gave him a half smile. "Jericho," She purred to get his attention. "You're smart...smarter than the rest of the sheep. I like you..." She told him as she leaned forward a little bit. "I'm not listening to these bad people anymore. I don't belong here. You don't either...because we're smart. We deserve better. We deserve to be who we really are, just like everyone else. Don't you agree?" She asked him, her voice seemingly becoming more tantalizing, more seductive.

He was scared of them, but she could quickly turn that fear into hers. Yes, he was perfect. Perfect little man for her to turn into her personal servant. He'd do whatever she said if she made him fear her more...oh, but before she resorted to such tactics, perhaps she'd be nice to him first. She was beautiful, far more beautiful than anyone here. He would respond positively to that, and if he didn't...then she'd be mean. But for now, seductive. She had learned a long time ago the things she could accomplish by using her body as bait. Not that she ever let anyone actually touch it...but they would fall all over themselves just for the chance. It was hard to use it...the scrubs they wore were always too big and itchy. She'd have to wait...wait until the perfect time to show him how sexy she was under these oversize garments.

Jericho squirmed in his seat a little, her words rolling around in his head. He was a smart man....or so he believed. He was able to make smart choices that would lead to good results, right? She seemed like she was serious enough about not listening to the bad men and women, but how could they do anything? "Are you...suggesting...we stop taking the pills?" he whispered carefully, almost scared to say the words. They seemed so bold and daring. "Or are you...?"

He stopped, his eyes opening wide. He stared at Abigail, pushing his glasses back into place on his face. "No!" he whispered in panic, "that's suicide!" He started to shake his head no rapidly, shaking his spoon at her. "We're all mad men and women but you may be the maddest of all, yes yes yes." He tried to focus on the food but couldn't. Never in his life in the asylum did he imagine a beautiful mad-woman would be talking him into disobeying the order of the system.

It was slightly visible that she was displeased with his panic, but she expected that. Fear..yes fear was ruling this one. He was smart but he was a coward. Cowards were good, cowards were easily manipulated. "Suicide...but I stopped taking my pills weeks ago, Jericho. And look at me...I'm still here. Because I'm smart...and I belong outside of this prison." Abigail told him as she pushed her tray to the side and rested both her arms on the table. "You are so scared...scared of the wrong people. Scared of the wrong things," She continued as rested her chin against her arms, slumping over. "I am not a sheep, Jericho. I am a wolf...and I'm smarter than anyone here. If you'd like to continue being a sheep...you should at least be mine. And I promise you that one day you won't have to keep taking those stupid pills." She purred.

Yes, yes, yes. I am better than you. Submit to me...submit to me or I'll do something horrible to you. Hehehe...no one will believe you. Please disobey, please make me be mean to you... The thoughts were tempting, so very tempting. But even if he didn't listen to her she had to keep it together. Sheep needed convincing after all...they needed time. All she had to do was plant the seeds...and then water them. Nurture them into something unbreakable. Jericho would be hers.

Jericho looked at her, staring her down. She did seem...okay enough. At least better than everyone else that was surrounding them. Then again, he didn't know what was "wrong" with her in the first place, so it was difficult for him to make an objective assessment. Still, he would rather listen to her than the doctors. She hadn't hurt him yet. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to listen to what she said, at least take it into consideration. "I mean...I guess that makes sense." He tapped his glasses a few times, thinking. "As long as I don't have to keep taking those fucking pills..."

He slapped his hand over his mouth as the words tumbled out, shocked that he had said such a thing. It didn't sound right in his sedated and soft tone. He felt bad for it, cursing in front of his new "friend", and a woman at that! "I'm sorry, I didn't...I mean I did but I didn't..." he shook his head violently and fell silent, not wanting to incur the wrath of either her or the nurses. He stared at his food, almost half gone, but didn't even touch it; he wasn't hungry anymore. "I still think you're crazy. I don't even know you're plan and I feel like you're crazy. That isn't normal you know, and that says something when you hear it from a crazy guy, you know it does."

"Good, you know not to curse in front of a lady..." She would ignore the fact that he thought she was crazy. Of course he did...it would take some time for him to realize that she was perfectly fine and normal. After all, she was in a mental ward. It was fine, sheep could not think outside of the box and realize that not all of them belonged their. Just the ones that couldn't take care of themselves. "If you curse in front of me again, Jericho, I'll be very unhappy. I might even faint...such filth does not belong in my range of hearing. I don't like cursing...and I do not like being around people who curse loudly." She glanced over to a particular man, one that was known for his outbursts even while taking his medicine. He disgusted her, so she tried to avoid him whenever he was in eyeshot of her.

"Anyways," She continued on as she reached out and held his hand. Her skin felt like the finest silk. She had somehow found a way to take exceptionally good care of herself even with the littlest of supplies that they received in the hospital. "I have a plan, Jericho. I have been watching these doctors and nurses for so long. They are not perfect, especially the security and the nurses who are underpaid. They are tired all the time...they don't get paid enough to do a good job at what they do. I'll tell you the rest of my plan when I trust you more...when I am sure that you'll listen to whatever I say and not tell the doctors."

Jericho lowered his head and his eyes, somewhat ashamed. He didn't want the pretty lady to not talk to him anymore, after not talking to anybody at all for so long. "I'll watch my tongue Abigail, I promise." He sighed and looked around at the other patients again, many of them no longer caring about the pair. The attention spans of most of them were weak at best, and some of them lacked any sort of focus all together, just staring at whatever new thing was presented to them at the time it was presented.

When she took his hand, he looked at her. Her hand was exceptionally soft and it intrigued him. "I don't talk to anyone, especially the doctors. ESPECIALLY the doctors." He shook his head and then cocked it at an angle at her. "I'm trustworthy I swear it." He was reaching a point where he was feeling a sort of attachment to the woman. He would rather listen to her than anyone else at this point. She hadn't insulted him or hurt him in any way yet and until she did, he had no reason to be against her.

"Good," Her voice was just a little bit louder than a purr as her fingers laced between his. She was fascinated by the feel of human skin after going so long without touching it. It was warm...and his skin was rough compared to hers. But that was a man thing, wasn't it? Or a masculine thing, at the very least... "Jericho, I want to trust you. But I have to be sure. You understand, don't you? I just need you to prove it to me. Which means we won't get out of here right away until we trust each other." Her eyelids dropped a little. It was almost like she was giving him a seductive gaze, but her pouty lips just made it seem like she was tired.

"You too..you have to trust me for this plan to work. I will do my best to prove to you that I am not just some crazy fool with impossible dreams. I am a lady who knows that she does not belong here. I am tired of having people watch me while I eat, while I sleep...while I shower and dress..." She said that last part with a bit of venom in her voice. The amount of strangers that had seen her indecent was quite honestly unacceptable. "I just want to have a chance to prove that I'm normal, Jericho. There's nothing wrong with me."

He sat silently, his fingers fiddling slightly in the soft grasp of her hand. He was mesmerized by the texture. He snapped himself out of his trance though, thinking of a response that would satisfy her. He agreed that she did seem normal to him, but in the back of his mind he knew there was at least something that brought her here in the first place. Of course he didn't say this out loud in fear of upsetting her. "We're all normal Abigail, just different. Some of us are extremely different. Too different. Crazy different, even." He giggled quietly to himself and then looked at her, pushing his glasses once more back into place.

"I don't know...what you want from me...exactly. There isn't much time to prove that I am trustworthy. Only a few times at all really." He rocked from side to side as he spoke, his eyes starting to glaze over as he spaced out. "I could help you win during game time, but what does that even mean? Meaningless tasks to keep us preoccupied..." He stopped rocking, biting his lower lip slightly. "No time for us at all really."

"Jericho," That seemed to be her favorite word today, she couldn't stop saying it. Abigail just liked that name...it was a shame to have it shortened to only half of its potential. "You can do more than you think. You can do more than play games and eat and sleep. Much more...all you have to do is listen to me when I tell you you're the one. You're the only person here who doesn't make me angry..." She said as her hand slipped away from his. The guards were looking too closely at them, so she didn't want to make it seem like they were being intimate. Though she didn't have to touch him to be intimate with him. "You're so handsome...what a cute habit. Pushing up your glasses like that. It only makes me want to smile." Not that she did, but it was hard for her to show the emotions she really felt when she was like this.

"All I want is for you to trust me," She repeated as she sat back up from the table. "I won't have you do anything dangerous, or anything that will get you in trouble if my plan doesn't work. I just need some help with...a distraction. I'll tell you more later, when I'm comfortable with you and you're comfortable with me."

When she released his hand, it simply dropped to the table. He didn't really know what the appropriate response was, so he did nothing for a time. He eventually took his hand back and looked at her, a slight hint of disappointment in his face. He shook the face away and then nodded at her. "Yes. Help. Whatever you need, I guess, I can try my best." He hoped his best would be enough, but if it wasn't dangerous or likely to get him in trouble, it shouldn't be too difficult. That much he could handle.

He took his spoon and began eating slowly again, regaining a small amount of his appetite. "You have to trust me. I have to trust you. Right, exactly, of course. But where and when and how do we go about that?" He had an unbelievable number of questions swirling around his mind, and it took quite a bit of concentration to figure out which ones were the most relevant to the conversation at hand. "I guess...you can just tell me what you want and I'll do it. Then when you trust me, you trust me. Right?"

"Yes, that's exactly how this will work. Very good.." She told him as she watched him eat. "Just listen to me. If you do the things I say, then I will trust you. Then we can leave. I'm positive this will work, very positive. Oh Jericho, you're making me so happy. I know I'm not smiling, I can't smile. Or they will be suspicious. But I knew that you were the one. When I first saw you when I was on medication, I knew. You would help me when no one else would. It just took me a long time to...figure everything out before I approached you." Yes, a very long time. Figuring out where to stash her medication, which guards were the laziest...what days had the least amount of staff at night. Things like that. But she was positive that she could pull this off.

"The first thing I need you to do for me, Jericho. I want you to tell me how you feel about me. Do you like me?" She asked him, her gaze seemingly growing heavier at the question. More expecting. But that was only because she was looking to have her ego stroked. She wanted him to tell her how pretty she was. How smart she was. Anything...it had been so long since anyone had complimented her.

He scratched his forehead a little bit before he sighed. He was thrown off slightly by the question, feeling it was a bit forward for their recent companionship. Still, it was a valid question that he should give a valid answer to. "I like you" he started off, looking to choose his words carefully. "You seem interesting and nice. Oh, and you're pretty. Very, very pretty, yes indeed." He had said more than he had intended to, but she had managed to make him feel somewhat special, even though that really didn't take much.

"To be honest I never took much notice of you or the other women at first. I hardly take notice of the men that I spend most of my time with. Almost everyone here is mean. You aren't though. I like that." He finished his food and pushed his plate off to the side, too apathetic and lazy to handle it himself. "I hope that you'll allow me to call you a friend, yes?"

Abigail loved it. It was enough to make her full lips curl again in appreciation of the compliments. Especially when he took the extra time to call her pretty. Yes, that's what she wanted to hear. Though when he asked her if he could call her a friend, the smile completely disappeared. There was a look of confusion when she tried to process the question, as if she weren't expecting that. Mainly because she was wondering to herself, had she ever had a friend? A real one? No...this was not the time to think of her past. And if him calling her friend made him listen to her, that was okay with her. Abigail didn't understand the concept of friendship, honestly.

"Sure, Jericho. We can be friends. We'd have to be to trust each other, right?" She finally said after a long silence of contemplation. "Everyone here is mean because they cannot think for themselves. They think the doctors want to help them, they think being here is for the best. They're afraid of the real world. I dream of it...I want to see the world. I hate this town...and my family for putting me in here." She muttered, although she had to stop herself before she thought of more ugly things. Control, this was about control.

He noticed her hesitation, realizing he had more than likely overstepped what he was allowed to say at this point. He sighed and adjusted his glasses, trying to hide the fact that he was upset by the face that she had not been too eager to call him a friend. Still, he understood her hesitation, they had just met after all. Calling someone a friend was just something that Jericho had been itching to do for quite a time.

"Abigail, if...when...we finally get to leave, we need to just go away. Far far away. So far away that they can never find us again and we can just be ourselves. Our normal, different selves." He chuckled and then beamed at her, the largest smile he had given in quite a long time, his teeth a surprisingly clean white compared to the poor oral hygiene maintained by the others.

Abigail felt something twitch inside of her. Maybe her heart or something? She didn't know. There was something about that smile that she enjoyed, even as a slight blush came across her face. Jericho was truly the best looking man here, she'd realized. He even took proper care of herself, which so many had neglected to do. "Uhuh...yes. That's right. Far away, I hate this place." She muttered redundantly as her gaze dropped a little. That smile was too much. Why did it make her feel strange?

"Anyways, breakfast is almost over. I'll see you in the activity room later, Jericho. You'll sit with me, won't you?" She asked him as her intense gaze returned to her as her eyes lifted up a little. She had truly picked the right person, someone that made her feel strange but not angry. That little voice that was her other self was silent too, perhaps she liked him as well.

Jericho nodded at Abigail, still smiling, although not as widely as before. His emotions and attitude had fluctuated entirely in a matter of seconds. Where he was once anxious and frightful, he was now joyous and cheerful. He looked around, making sure that nobody was watching them or listening as they made the plans to meet later on. "I'll be there" he chirped, standing and walking off with the other men, the doctors herding them back towards their wing.

During the few hours between breakfast and activity time, Jericho maintained his happiness. None of the other patients approached him, although most of them gave sideways glances that were either unhappy or jealous, many of them wishing that Abigail had chosen to sit with them instead of him. The doctors also gave him strange looks, but they never actually confronted him about it.

When activity time rolled around he entered the room along with the other men, who were let in after the women had been given time to set themselves where they pleased. He stood silently, looking around for Abigail, eager to be around her once again.

The time between breakfast and activity time was simply just time to spend in their rooms. Abigail had elected to continue to not speak to anyone, even when several women came up to her and tried to talk. They thought the reason why she finally had decided to be around someone was because she had a crush on them, and they were teasing her in sing songy voices about her newly found crush in Jericho...a rumor that would more than likely travel to the rest of the men when they cohabited again. Not that she really cared, but it did create unnecessary attention to both of them. So she had to take this plan slow.

She was in the back of the line again, this time on purpose. They almost had to drag her out of her room because she was so spaced out, wrapped up in her own thoughts that she didn't notice it was already time to go. Her own world was a dark one, one that she couldn't escape at times. But now that she saw Jericho again, it was easier to leave that world. Seeing his cheerful face, which was much different than when he was eating alone, was strangely comforting.

She grabbed a game of chess, something that didn't get played often considering the level of intelligence in the people who actually decided to play with each other, and then moved to Jericho's table. She set it down and smiled. "Collaborative group activities aren't until later this evening, so I figured we could do this together. Do you know how to play?" She asked him as she sat down, her back facing everyone in the room including the guards. They were in the corner, it was as much privacy as they'd ever have considering the tables were spread out.

Jericho sat across from her, looking at the board, his face lighting up. "Yes. I love chess. I enjoy the challenge. Half of the battle is beating myself." He grabbed his pieces, opting to be black, and started setting them up. He looked at her as he did. "I was never very good at chess but it was always one of those games that I just enjoyed for what it was." He set up his last piece and then grinned at her.

"So, what would you like to talk about now? I suppose we can talk about who we are and were before all of this, or we could talk about things we like to do, like our hobbies and our passions and all that." He paused for a moment, leaning in. "Or you can give me a little bit more detail on your plans, yes? Or am I being too forward? I know I'm too forward sometimes. Sorry for being so forward sometimes."

"Let's start with what we like." Seraphina purred as she set up her white chess pieces. The pawns first, then the rooks, bishops, knights and finally the King and Queen. She held the Queen piece a little too long, feeling it in her hands with a strange and longing smile before finally setting it down on the board. "I like this game too. It's my favorite game because there is a Queen...I never lose my Queen." She went on to say as her smile faded from across her lips.

"I...also enjoy other things. Like movies...particularly suspenseful movies. With a little romance in them, perhaps. When I wasn't here, I was constantly at the mall either seeing a movie or reading a book. I like to read too. And, I love clothes. The first thing I'm going to do when I get out of here is buy clothes. The ones I'm wearing now...they ruin my beauty and no one understands how amazing I look because they can't see my body. I don't like that." She stopped herself, as she felt the slightest tinge of anger. And of course she heard the growling of her other self in the back of her mind. In order to stay calm, she had to stop talking. "W..what about you, Jericho?" She asked him.

Back
Top Bottom