Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Hero in Blue (SilverxFantysma)

Silver117

Pulsar
Victorian era London has many of classes. The most of which is the poor class. Those that struggle to make ends meat. At the other is, is the rich and powerful. Those who only care for high society and ignore those below them. One person in particular is one of the richest men in the district. He's a count who inherited land and made a fortune with it. He's a bit cold, except to one person: his only daughter. To him, she would be their perfect bride, if she wasn't too concern about the poor. No worries though, she finally reached that age where she could wed a high society man and be a loyal wife to him. As he heads towards the dining hall, he sees her and smiles. "You should be happy, my dear. I only picked out the very best for you." he said to her. As he sat down, a scowl came across his face, that junior butler was late with his coffee...again. "What is that good for nothing, butler." he growled.

Jayson was in the kitchen finishing up his coffee. He was 20 years old, poor and he had no family. If it was up to the count, he would've let him rot in the streets. He only hired him because he wanted to impress the higher-ups. His life was always on the move, cleaning every nook and cranny from top to bottom. Whenever he doesn't do anything right, he gets scolded...harshly by the count. His only ray of light come from the count's daughter. Her smile gave him the strength to carry on with his day. Jayson finished the coffee and handed it to the count. "Here's you coffee, sir. Just the way you like it." he said with a smile. The count glared at the poor butler and threw the fragile cup straight to his face. It shattered and the hot coffee scorched his face ans brown eyes. "Your late, serves you right for being so slow" the count replied in return. Jayson fell to a knee as his face was in pain.

Elizabeth had it all - born as the first child of a rich count, she was raised as nothing less than a lady. She was poised and elegant and everything that a woman was supposed to be - except one thing, she was rather unhappy with the life that her doting father had bestowed upon her, one filled with hatred for the weaker and poorer. He acted like her compassion for others was a weakness to be bred out, but Beth wanted nothing to do with it - or the stream of undesirable men that he was virtually throwing her way. The basis that at eighteen she should be willing to be tamed and taken by some man of her father's choice was abhorrant - if he wanted to tote her around like she was something for sale, the least he could do was find a true gentleman for her. What man would want any less for his daughter, after all?

"I'm sure you have father," Elizabeth said to her father as he came in to her sight and spoke. There was nothing but politeness and delicacy in her tone, and she smiled at the older man as he took a seat at the head of the table. However, she wasn't quite as serene as she seemed, especially when he threw a fresh cup of coffee straight at the butler's face. She audibly gasped and got to her feet, dashing over to where he fell.

"Father!" Her outcry would be met with scorn and nothing less, but that didn't change Beth's concern for the butler. She felt like she had known him all of her life, though he was naught but a couple years older than she was. She respected the man for his work in her home, and his struggle - he wasn't a toy for her father to play with and toss about on a whim. After all, no one chose to be born poor. "Are you okay?" She asked as she knelt down, careful to keep her mint green dress out of the spilt coffee on the floor, and brought a rag to his face.

"Get your hands off that filth this instant!" he demanded as he stood up. "Peasants like him should know their place and follow the rules. There's nothing wrong with me. It's his fault for being slow and useless." he told his daughter. Walking by, he sees Jayson's hand exposed, and stepped on it on purpose. "Make sure you clean up your mess." he told the butler as he left to make arrangements. Jayson sighed, but soon smiled. "It's okay, Milady. It'll take a lot more then that to break me." he said as he flexed his fingers to ease the pain. Standing up, he thanked Elizabeth for the day, and proceed to wipe his face; not to mention pick some of his cup fragments out of his short red hair.

"Could've been worse, I could've been given fifty lashes" he chuckled in a carefree tone. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Preparing lunch, cleaning the whole house from top to bottom, and tending to the garden. You should be ready for your first suitor." He said as he finishes cleaning the spill. "I wish you the best of luck, milady." he smiled and heads out the dining room. Such a strong will Jayson had, and it was thanks to her caring heart. He didn't care if he took daily beatings, or work to the bone day in and day out. Her lovely smile always drove him to continue.

Back
Top Bottom