Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

With Father's Assistance. (ShadowKnux372 x celebstars)

ShadowKnux372

Super-Earth
Robert sat in the comfy recliner of the living room, idly drumming his fingers on the half-empty can of cola he'd been offered when he arrived. This lushly-furnished room wasn't his, but that of his daughter's. The middle-aged man had, at her request, come over to visit and chat with her a little bit. She cited her reasoning as wanting to spend time with him, and similar excuses, but having raised his little girl since she was a child, he knew all the signs of his flesh and blood being less than truthful with him. There was an issue she was dealing with at the moment, but had so far avoided telling him in any fashion.

As the awkward tension in the room lingered, the silence beginning to absorb any other sounds that might have been made inside the living room, Robert took another slow sip of his cola, before setting the can on the stand next to him, and turning to face his daughter more directly, as she sat on the couch. "Honey...you need to actually talk to me, if you want to deal with whatever problem you have, especially if you want my help." he finally said. A light smirk crossed the older man's lips as he continued. "Yeah, I can tell there's a problem. You've never been that good at hiding things from me...at least when it's really something you need my help on. I'm all ears." he finished, leaning forward slightly, expecting and hoping to hear her spill some of the details of what she was dealing with.

Louise was sitting opposite her father staring at the TV screen, the atmosphere was quite awkward, she had invited him over for a regular visit, something casual but her body language suggested something was up with her and he knew it.

"I don't have a problem Dad" she said, her hand rubbing against her thigh. Her tone of voice was pretty depressing as she crossed her arms against her chest. Louise, who was 29, smiled hatefully at him, he knew her all to well. "I just wanted to talk to you about marriage, you have been with Mom for years, you don't seem to have any problems. I seem to think mine is a failure."

Brushing some blonde hair back behind her ear, the woman crossed her leg over the other, her black jeans growing tighter against her thighs.

His daughter didn't seem too eager to look him in the eye at the moment, focusing on the television droning on with some program that neither of them had been paying a large amount of attention to, but with his statement out there, he figured it was only a matter of time until the ice was properly broken. Her tone when she denied having a problem made it all but confirmed that she did have a problem, as he expected.

The nearly-50 man interlocked his fingers quietly when she finally spoke to him about her issues, and gave a solemn nod. "Well, honey, no marriage is perfect. Your mother and I have lasted a long time, probably through sheer stubbornness and luck." he said, chuckling a little. "We've had our arguments and issues, but we're still happy." he said wistfully, before bringing his attention back to her. His eyes lingered on her legs for a moment while she moved, before he continued. "What makes you think yours is so bad? You and him always seemed pretty happy whenever we saw you. Has something changed? Or maybe you feel like something's...missing?" He thought for a moment, then hit upon an idea.

"Maybe...you're wanting a kid?"

"We spoke about kids, we thought having one would be a great idea but we have been trying for a few weeks and nothing has happened so far, I think he is getting frustrated. That only leads to more arguments anyway. Everything just comes back to shouting and arguing."

"Plus isn't it bad to bring a child in to the world when the parents are fighting?" Louise then sat up before taking a stand in front of him, pulling her white t-shirt down over her jeans. "Do you want something to eat? I haven't even offered you anything yet. I'm going to have something though, not even at all today, I skipped breakfast"

Leaving the room, her back faced him as she made her way to the kitchen.

"I see." Robert mused when Louise explained the situation. Why was it always the ones who tried to have a kid on purpose that always seemed to have trouble conceiving? His fingers drummed on the can of soda once again as he listened to her plight, before chiming in. "I wouldn't say it's always a bad idea for that to happen, hun. Sometimes it helps to end up with something that helps a couple focus on what's really important, rather than all the little things that end up stewing and starting fights." he said. He had a bit of firsthand experience with that one, since Louise came around into their life in a similar vein, and ended up helping soothe some of the relations they had. "It's not a guarantee, but it might help."

"Sure, I'll have something, if you're offering." he said, smiling as he watched her get up and head to the kitchen. "Whatever you planned on making yourself, just give me a helping, too. I'm not picky." he said, taking a sip.

Louise soon returned, a couple of sandwiches in her hand as she walked over to her father and handed him his, a ham and lettuce one to be precise. "Here is another soda, I'm proud of you for stopping drinking." She now sat by him, her leg crossing over once more as she took a bite of her own meal. Once she had swallowed, she began to talk.

"You really think having a child will help? I hope so. I am prepared to at least try, I will talk to him about it." Smiling at the man she leant over and kissed his cheek before pulling back.

Louise continued to eat her sandwich as she watched TV, as far as she was concerned, the discussion was closed.

Robert took his sandwich gratefully with a nod, and the soda, with a slightly grimmer look to go with it. Drinking had been a hard habit to break, but for the sake of his family's wishes and his future health, it was something he needed to do. It'd been a few months since he'd started going dry, but sometimes the old habit wanted to rear its ugly head again. Casting the thought out for the moment, he satisfied himself with another drink and a sip of the soda offered.

"It's worth a shot, honey. Though with all the problems you're having...sooner would be better, rather than later. It doesn't sound like he's going to be receptive to the idea for much longer. You should get yourself pregnant as soon as possible." he quietly mused for a moment, his eyes wandering. His daughter was still fairly young, and quite a looker. She had many of the qualities he remembered his wife having when she was younger...

"Ill try it, try to convince him off it. We like to have sex, but he uses a condom all the time." Turning to her father, she started to feel a bit weird in front of him. "Sorry, I don't meant to go in to detail dad, but he won't not use a condom, use protection, so it's either going to have to split or I'm going to have to find another lover who will help me get pregnant."

Looking at the screen, she finished her sandwich and put the plate on the table. Sitting up, she had brought in some wine to and had a glass full resting next to her plate. Lifting it up to her lips she sipped some, just like her father would sip the soda.

"Do you want some?" She offered, despite him giving it up, she would always offer him, a small one wouldn't hurt.

"Always using a condom? Sounds like he's not as for the idea as you are." Robert mused, his eyebrow perking at the direction the conversation was taking, though he waved his daughter's concerns off with a gesture of his hand. He'd had stranger, more intimate discussions before with people. His fingers drummed the can again. He didn't feel too much of a connection with his son-in-law, and the stories he'd heard since their wedding only made it seem further like it wasn't the right choice for the two of them. But more than likely his daughter would want to keep the relationship going as long as she could, one-sided as it was.

Robert accepted the offer of wine when she spoke of it. A little nip wouldn't hurt at times, he'd worked that out with his wife; it was the more-than-weekly beer drinking that needed to be gotten rid of. "Well, honey...it's your decisions on these regards. You're old enough that I can't exactly tell you not to go to someone else if you wanted a kid but wanted to stay with him." he said, his face forming to an odd expression of humor. "But if you're going to be so taboo, you might as well go all-out and make me the lover in question. You're already considering one taboo, why not another?" he said with an empty chuckle at the idea, only mostly joking. He took another sip of wine.

"No he probably wouldn't be up for the idea, all he talks about is his business, I think I am a wife he just wants so he can tell all his friends he is married and has a wife at home to do what he pleases."

When he accepted the wine and sipped it, Louise started to listen about the taboo idea of her cheating. Given her somewhat strict upbringing it would be classed as taboo as incest, what he was suggesting with his chuckle. "Dad I think that wine has gone to your head already!" She slapped his leg although not intentionally.

As it went a little quiet, she turned her head, her eyebrows knitting together in a worried but curious look.

"You weren't serious right?

"Treating you like a trophy wife, eh? Well, he'd be reaping what he sows if you went around behind him, then, I guess." Robert said with another sip of his wine, before chuckling at his daughter's response to his half-joke. "Well, maybe it has! I haven't sipped anything since New Year's, maybe my brain gets all fuzzy real fast now." he said, tapping his head with his finger, smirking a little bit.

Silence descended for a little bit longer, but somehow Robert knew that wasn't the end of the matter, and sure enough it was brought back up, and he'd have to face the consequences of what he had said. Brushing it off, he gave a noncommittal shrug of his shoulders. "I'd only be serious about it if you were." he said evasively, taking another sip.

"I don't think I should of let you drink that" Louise muttered, taking the glass from him and setting it on the table with a thud, the wine inside crashed against the side of the cup like a storm in a sea.

When he spoke of being serious if she was, the daughter didn't know if he was joking still, or if he was trying to find out if she liked him. "You would give me a child? Is that even allowed? Even if I considered it, what would Mum say? My husband say? We would have to keep it a secret forever, not even the child could know Dad."

Louise seemed to be giving this more thought for someone who wasn't serious about the idea.

Robert still had a bit of a smirk on his face when the wine was taken away from him. Maybe he had gone too far, or maybe the wine really was going to his head a little faster than he would have expected. Either way, no more of that liquid refreshment from him, according to Louise's actions.

She was seemingly intrigued by his proposal, though, enough to still prod him about it, to which he gave another noncommittal gesture with his hands and shoulders. Slowly he was making Louise the instigator in this, absolving him of much of the responsibility. "You'd want to do it with someone you knew and trusted over anyone else, wouldn't you?" he said. "Keeping it a secret wouldn't be too hard, your mother wouldn't know since it happened over here, and your husband wouldn't know, from the sounds of how much he pays attention to you."

Back
Top Bottom