Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RP: Heart Shape Box ( Horror_Show & Cryptic Anomaly )

Horror_Show

Supernova
Clementine was in another world zoning in and out as she walked the track outside dressed comfortably in gym shorts with a thin sweatshirt pulled over a tank. She went out of her way to keep to herself as most of the class was in groups running or pacing them selves to get a mile done in less than ten minutes. Unfortunately two periods of her day was P.E. She on the other hand was just walking and had probably been past by the more athletic students once or twice. Her arms were folded across her chest as the wind blew what hair she had left down in her face. Now and then her eyes would follow over Daniel who was ahead of her also walking to himself. In secrecy she had taken a liking to him because of how eerily inviting he was.

FI-track-and-field.jpg

She had only been going to this school for a few months; she was a transfer as her family had moved across state because her father had found a better paying position. In the time she had attended Briarcliff High School she had learned the most known person was Daniel Andrews. He was considered a freak of nature but on the outside he didn’t look it. He just looked like your average grunge type. She had heard rumors that he was schizophrenic or bi-polar and had been institutionalized off and on through out his life. She had heard things like he abused animals and killed them or had probably killed somebody or other horrible things teenagers could think up. She hadn’t really talked to him but had run into him once or twice. He was kind of socially awkward but so she was she. Clementine had even gone out of her way to look him up out of suspicion but had found nothing leaving her to believe he was just an outcast. She believed he had issues but that he wasn’t a monster.

The teacher was blowing his whistle and calling the class back to start heading toward the school. As they got closer the coach kind of gave her, Jackson and a few other stragglers lectures about trying to run a little of the mile. Clementine ignored him and followed the girls into the lockers to get dressed. She didn’t really run so she refused to shower and just went to her locker to pull sweats over her shorts. She pulled out her phone and sat down on a bench checking it. All the other girls were showering and cutting up doing what every girl did. Some of them would point or stare but had given up making fun of her as it did nothing. The more popular girls had even tried to recruit her but their attempts failed.

Clem had decided to put on headphones and zone out as they were given half an hour to shower, get dressed and get to their next class and since it was the end of the day. They were allowed to just leave. Most of the girls filed out of the locker as she was left lying down on a bench. After the last few girls left and the school bells had gone off she sat up on the bench and picked up her backpack. She had her earphones in so she was oblivious to any sounds.

Before she could leave the locker room two boys came out of nowhere blocking her way to the exit. She stood there but quickly pulled off her headphones. She knew who both of them were. One was known as David and the other was known as Kevin. They were both on the football team and were popular. David had even approached her a few times, wanting her to join his girlfriend and they’re group. What was more alarming is they were in towels wrapped around their waste fresh out of the shower.

“Hey Clementine…what’s the rush. You look surprised…never seen a guy fresh out of the shower.” David joked with a wicked grin across his face.

“What the hell are you guys doing in here…. your not supposed to be in here.” Clem said eyeing them both. Both of them just kind of laughed and closed the distance as she backed up.

“Why so shy Clem….we just wanna play. You know, you could have been one of us. You got so much talent, so much beauty and you hide it.” David walked closer as she was now up against a locker. Clementine eyed him and then rolled her eyes and pushed off from the locker trying to shove past them until both of them grabbed her and slammed her against the locker. She cried out just a little.

“Hey fucking quit it, let go of me.” She spat out in a heavy breath with her hair in her face.

“Your so pretty Clem….now this can be hard or easy but one way or another. I’m going to have you and I decided to share you with Kevin.” David said running a hand through her face, she jerked away trying to shove them off. Kevin pushed her harder against the locker pinning her as David took off her shoes and slowly pulled off her swears revealing her shorts. She cried out only for them to cover her mouth.

“Don’t fight this Clem.” David let his hand move up her thigh and into her shorts and let his finger slip underneath her underwear. She let out a muffled scream throwing herself to get them off of her but was only pinned down harder as David was feeling her hot. David was pressed against her breathing out heavy as he felt her as she was struggling. Finally she was elbow to get her elbow out enough to use it and get free but Kevin grabbed her and literally rammed her into the lockers making her nose bleed.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJr-iFh1OZk[/video]

Daniel was a loner, even before his life, or what was technically called a life fell apart he had always been on the outer. For Daniel life was never easy, even when he tried to make it easy it just didn't work, he remained on the periphery, on the outside looking outwards, he had grown used to it, there were some things he thought an 18 year old should be capable of, knowing oneself was one of them. Now in his final year of high school, this shit hole of a school that his parents worked far too hard to send him too, he would be out soon and he hoped that life could possibly start getting better, although hope wasn't something Daniel was all that great at.

He didn't fit in here, a school obsessed with sports and where scholastic achievement or heaven forbid the arts were seen as silly, that said grades mattered to the kids who attended this form of hell, they just didn't care about the learning part, writing essays on topics that they would never truly understand, or even wanted to understand, just so they could get jobs in some kind of white collar production line, churning out reports and statistics on how much work was or wasn't done soulless, mind numbing, pointless.

Daniel's own father was a lawyer, a defense attorney, the bad guys paid more of course, he remembered a time when he admired his father's career, until of course he realized his father helped guilty people get away with murder, quite literally in some cases. His mother the dutiful housewife, also owner of a chain of hairdressing salons, again, there was nothing to admire.

Daniel did have one friend, his one and only true friend, Sam Watkins, Sam was another loner, an isolated individual, Dan and Sam would write stories and songs together, one day, when Sam was 16 he shot himself, just like that, a bullet in the head, in seconds a life can be wiped out, 16 years of history destroyed with a 25 cent round.

He sat in the yard of the school and read the poem he wrote for Sam 2 years earlier, the poem he wrote after Sam's funeral, it seemed to sum up not only Sam's life and how he felt but also himself and the school and how he saw the world.

Hypocrites

Man, you should have seen it all today,
after they found out what you did,
chaos, tragedy, sadness, you had everyone playing a part,
I wish you could have seen it, maybe you did huh?

Girls who never spoke to you were all,
"Why, why, why" and with the crying and drama,
I guess you finally got them to pay attention, man,
I bet most of them didn't even know you.

The guys were all macho and shit, yeah you can guess it
talkin' about how you were a pussy and just needed to get laid,
like that would have made a difference, I know,
I guess they were avoiding the fact they made your life hell.

The teachers, oh Dude! They were the best,
they took the LIME-LIGHT! Man!!
talking about how we should not be scared to reach out,
ask for help, the importance of communication, oh man.

You did reach out, I know you did man,
I saw it, I felt it, I didn't know what to do,
I wish I did know, I read your stuff man,
yeah even when you were here, I read it.

I thought it was great man, that was like your outlet,
I could feel your pain, the futility of it all.
I remember that day that cute Suzie asked you to move
out of her way, she called you sweetie.

Yeah she called everyone sweetie,
but that made your day all the same.
You wrote about that, you spoke about feeling human,
she touched you on your shoulder as she asked you to move.

Yeah I know she was like an angel to you after that,
it didn't take much did it, to make you feel right,
just some contact, some warmth, however fleeting,
maybe you were thinking of that when you did it.

Oh man, I wish you were still here.

Not wanting to get too emotional he got up and put his poetry book back in his satchel, Daniel was given a wide berth usually by the predators, they saw him as dangerous and unpredictable, Daniel wasn't of course, he was simply a fucked up reaction to a fucked up situation, he was the very thing that the world had made him and now the world was trying to reject him, trying to make him go away so they wouldn't have to look at him anymore, wouldn't have to deal with him, Daniel made them uncomfortable and Daniel liked that, if there was one thing Daniel liked it was making them uncomfortable.

Walking through the school, taking a short cut past the gym change rooms he could hear some noise coming from the girls locker room, male voices, Daniel was rather passive, eerily so at times, today was different though, today was one of those days that made him want to kill and hurt people, bad people, people who got off on causing pain.

Walking in he saw the two boys standing there in their towels just moving away from her interrupted by his unexpected presence, a girl was sitting down, it was clear what they had been doing, he looked at them, that look he gave people, that look that said, "I don't have to talk because you can see everything I am thinking in my eyes", he felt stone cold as the blood left his body, he felt nothing but hate, violence and homicide, no, what these boys wanted to do was not going to happen.

Not now, not today, not ever.

As Daniel appeared straight out nowhere, both boys were surprised and loosened their grip on Clementine. She didn't hesitate and squirmed out of their arms and took off running across the locker room but stopped behind Daniel. She was breathing hard with blood comming down over her mouth from where they had slammed her head into a locker. She stood there trying to catch her breath and watched Daniel. The most sickening feeling was that she could still feel the sensation from them touching her and it felt repulsing. She watched Daniel eye the boys and then back at her. For a moment her eyes would lock onto his. In that instance she could see an open door into his soul and thought maybe she was having a nightmare, that none of this could of be real.

"Oh is Danny mad we were messing with "his girl".....was you mad you wasn't sticking your dick in her. You could watch." David spit out obviously trying to cover up the surprise of him walking in. Kevin laughed and folded his arms across his chest.

"Clem you can't possibly like this freak, right? You could be one of us.....you could rule the world with us....not like this fuck up." Kevin said making a fake L sign with his hand winking at Daniel.

Clementine wiped her face and mouth of blood and glared at both jocks. She felt so vulnrable and so worthless at the moment. She was lucky Daniel had come in, god knows they would have raped her if not more.

Daniel wasn't as big as these boys, they were younger than him but more athletic, from a point of view of body alone they could cream him any day of the week, they lack something though, Dan had something that they didn't though, Daniel had pure unadulterated hatred and anger coursing through his veins, he was like a bull that had had enough of having red flags and faggots in tight pants dancing around him and now he was ready to gore, Daniel hated bullies, every now and again he would slam down on one, it had been a while, the last time was when he was 15 with Sam, they were getting pushed around by some older self appointed cool kids, they had both had enough, people still talk about that day, Dan and Sam went crazy, throwing chairs, tables, anything they could at these guys who outnumbered them, years of being terrorized came out at once and blood was spilled, mostly by the bullies.

And thus the rumors and stories of him being a murderer and god knows what else started.

Daniel knew these two boys would make their comments and snide remarks, bullies did these things they were full of shit, the girl was now behind him and he made on lunge forward at them and watched as they stepped back in fear.

Moving out slowly his face to them, he realized that his eyes had met with this girls but for just a moment, it felt different and soothing, still better not get too used to it, he had served his purpose and she would run back to her jock boyfriend soon enough.

Leaving the change room he asked her, "Are you ok?"

After Daniel had scared the boys away Clementine went to a sink and started splashing cold water on her face. It wasn't that they couldn't take him but that Daniel had a reputation that they didn't want to see if it sized up to what rumors had told for years. She grabbed some paper towels to dab at her nose and mouth and grabbed her belongings while heading out of the changing room where Daniel was waiting, making sure no one else bothered her. She licked her now busted lip and gave a faint but weak smile.

"Yeah I guess...," how did you discribe feeling worthless when a guy you didn't like or really know forced his hand and touched you, "I'll be alright....thank you." She didn't need to say anything more, they both knew what would have happened if he didn't show up. What scared her is she was now a target. They walked down the hallway and most of the students were already gone since it was the end of the day.

tumblr_na14yitWw31tdxw4to1_500.gif

Clementine had been curious about Daniel though she had only seen him a couple of times, she knew he was a senior. She was quiet and shy not really knowing what to say. They both walked outside and the bright sun was shining down on them both. She turned to him and was speechless at how this older boy was able to make her feel so safe even though she didn't know him. In that moment she would have rather had him violate her than any other boy on this campus but her thoughts were a little weird so she was just happy he saved her at the last minute.

"I don't know how to thank you but at the same time I know I'm probably fucked in the future.....they won't leave me alone. I'm new so....go figure. Wish my parents would just let me go to a public school," Clem gave him a sarcastic grin hoisting her back pack, "you got a girlfriend?" She asked and it came out before she could even stop the blunt question. "Shit....I mean....." She stopped looking up at him.

Tate-Langdon-tate-langdon-37265477-500-270.gif

Daniel wasn't very good with girls, hell, he wasn't good with people period. He felt a little awkward but not as much as usual as he kept walking with this girl, he felt obliged in some way to stay with her until she felt safe or made some excuse and ran off, in some ways if she ran off it would make him feel a little more at ease.

Daniel was used to not being liked, that was fine, comfortable, it made sense to him, Daniel didn't really like himself so why should anyone else, when people did like him though it confused him, he would become rather agitated and nervous, worried that he might do or say the wrong thing and they would become angry at him for not being the person they hoped he might be, he could never find the right words or facial expression for these people it seemed.

He listened as she told him about how she felt she would now be a target and that they wouldn't leave her alone, his heart felt heavy as he heard this, "You'll be ok, they are scared of me, you have probably already heard what they call me and the rumours about me, if they know I am looking out for you they will steer clear" he explained to her.

"No, I don't have a girlfriend" he added at the end not sure if she was offering herself as one or wanting to now if him being seen with her was going to create some kind of friction with someone else.

"I'll walk you home so you know you will be ok" he offered.

Clementine paused only briefly as he mentioned not having a girlfriend. Her hair swung in her face as she walked, looking up she would let both hands comb both sides out of her face behind her ears. As he offered to walk her home she nodded. The school was basically on the outskirts of two uppity sub-divisions. They cut through the fields toward the neighborhood. Silence filled the gap as the made distance and actually approached the neighborhood blocks. Now and then Clementine would sneak in a look at Daniel. She noticed his strong jawline, his shagged roughed up blonde hair, his light eyes and sharp nose and thin lips. His skin was icy pale almost a shade or two past hers which was saying a lot. He was dressed comfortably in jeans, a t-shirt and a flannel, nothing fancy. He didn't reek, he actually smelled of soap and laundry detergent which was almost refreshing.

tumblr_mjvzcm0POj1rftd23o1_500.gif

"So your a senior, right? Almost out of this shit hole," she laughed while using it as another excuse to look at him, "How old are you?" She knew he it least had to be a couple of years older than her.

They turned a corner on a block and her house was getting closer. She liked walking with him, she had been harassed only an hour or so before and he had distracted her of the awful things them boys were trying to do. But for some reason her mind kept wondering what it would of been like to have him do them things to her, she would scratch her neck gulping trying to get her thoughts to subside. Clementine was pretty much isolated from the opposite gender as she had just started high school last year and middle school was no ball park. She was very pretty but kept to herself. She had issues being socially pro-active.

As they neared a two story modern house with a very up kept front yard Clementine pulled off her backpack and unzipped digging through it. After a minute she ripped out a small piece of paper and pulled out a ink pen biting the cap off and used her hand to write something. She folded the paper and let her hand grab his, it was warm, radiating heat. She almost shook his hand until she felt him grab it and she let go giving a faint smile.

"If you want....text me or call. Thanks for today for saving my ass....." She zipped her back pack and put it back over her shoulder and looked back up at him.

Daniel hated to admit it but he was liking the company, it had been a long time since he had walked with anyone, he had isolated himself more than he really had to, most of his "friends" if you could call them that were online, members of different special interest forums, he spent a lot of time writing fiction and poetry and role played crazy ideas on sites, "Shared Fiction" was probably the biggest social interaction he had and well that consisted of writing made up stories with people who he didn't know, would never know and would never meet.

Still, beggars cannot be choosers as they say.

"Yeah, I'm a senior, 18 years old" he said and then realized that it was kind of sad, he had finally met someone else he liked to be around only to have to say goodbye to her next year, he also couldn't understand the concern he felt for her, he wanted to protect her and he didn't like the idea that next year she might have to be dealing with all of this on her own.

They kept walking as the houses passed by, he noticed that they didn't live all that far from each other and that also seemed to be in a similar socio economic group, groups, cliques, gangs, words to divide people.

Eventually they got to her house and he watched as she ripped out a sheet of paper and wrote her number down for him, he was flattered and found it odd that his face betrayed his feelings by smiling and blushing, Daniel liked to see himself as the master "poker face" not giving anything away.

He took the paper and smiled at her as he walked off.

Later that night he was looking through the window of his bedroom and thinking about this girl, Clementine, he only knew her name because she wrote it on the paper with her number, he realized that he didn't introduce himself, she obviously knew who he was, but it seemed odd that he didn't tell her his name anyway.

He looked at the sheet of paper, one small step for mankind but one huge leap for Danny, he laughed.

"I'm Daniel by the way, have you seen the moon tonight?" he texted to her.

Clementine had left Daniel to enter her house. After she closed the front door she dropped her book bag and like a little kid turned around and stood on her toes to look out the little glass panes to see him walking away. She had no idea he only lived a couple blocks away which was considerable since in order to send your kid to Briarcliff you had to have money. Clementine was use to the luxury of living in nice houses and having everything she needed and wanted but what she lacked was someone to be with. Of course she had her family and she was fairly close with them but that didn't make up for the emptiness that consumed her night after night.

Her parents wasn't home from work. Her father was an independent contractor for a construction company. He had once been low on the totem pole still making pretty good damn money building houses until he worked his way up and went back to school. He now had his own small buisness that was growing and was offered a position to join with another buisness that was just starting and its why they moved. Her mother was a pre-school teacher so it was pretty easy for her to find a local job. So comming from parents with high end careers she was kind of exspected to do the same but was never pressured to hard. Her mother knew growing up she was different but brave, she was a very unique girl as she didn;t want to be the so called beauty queen or cheer leader, she just wanted to be herself.

Clementine ended up taking a shower and in the process of letting the hot water wash down her small fragile body she got lost in the memories of earlier. It wasn't just that incident, they had approached her before, made threats, haraassed her online to the point she deleated her facebook and remember David slipping his fingers into her private parts made her clench her eyes shut and shove her head under the raining shower water. She turned off the water and grabbed a towel drying off and wrapped another one around her body. Walking into her bedroom she changed into something more comfortable and headed down stairs to get a snack.

Later that evening while surfing on her MacBook being propped up on her bed she heard her phone go off. Fumbling for it she rolled over sliding the lock screen off seeing an unknown number but read the message and grinned. She crawled off the bed walking to her window to look up at the full harvest moon. She quickly texted back.

11:01 P.M. I am now. It's beautiful. What are you doing?

Daniel sat there looking out the window sketching on his pad as he wondered if Clementine would still be awake and answer his text, it occurred to him after she had a pretty traumatic day that she would be asleep, he always liked to sleep after being traumatized or stressed in some way, that few seconds when he would wake up and be free of the feeling of whatever had upset him was always the best.

For a year after Sam killing himself that was all he had, they first few seconds after waking up before the thoughts would flood his mind again and he would be thinking about Sam and how much he missed him.

Soon enough his phone buzzed and he saw it was a message from Clem, it really couldn't of been from anyone else, in fact the only reason he had a phone at all was so he could search the internet and read books off it as well as making the odd call to order pizza's and what not.

"Yeah I'm ok, was just wondering if you were up and looking at the moon, it is pretty cool tonight all full and lower and bigger than usual, how have you been feeling? I hope tomorrow is better for you, hey, I was just thinking, maybe we could walk to school together in the morning? I think it would show everyone that you know me and they might back off a little more, you know?" he closed his eyes and hit send, he wanted to make it sound as though he was doing this, wanting this all for her but the truth was he liked the idea of having company while walking again.

Back
Top Bottom