Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Brotherly Nuisance (ShiroKuma & Star Tea)

ShiroKuma

Planetoid
Name: Falke
Height: 6'3"
Hair Color: Messy shoulder length; Dirty Brown hair
Eye Color: Chocolate Brown

There was an unpleasant tension in the air as a certain male paced up and down the small apartment room restlessly. His chocolate brown eyes repeatedly flickering between the door and the agonizingly slow clock on the wall. A pair of alert canine ears sat atop his shaggy hair, listening intently to any sound he could pick up from the world outside. He'd been like this all morning, uneasy and anxious about the idea of taking in a guest who was soon to become his brother in law.

The person he was waiting for wasn't really his brother, not by blood at least anyway. Falke's father had finally managed to remarry after 15 years of being a single father, raising the young canine man through financial and emotional hardship after his beloved wife had passed away from illness when Falke was still a young pup. The doe eyed youth that had excitedly followed his father around was no longer anywhere to be seen, towering at 6'3" and his eyes filled with constant skepticism towards the world around him. Once upon a time he'd been a bundle of untameable energy, a friendly spirit with a duty bound personality. But while his sense of duty had remained unchanged, he'd become a lot calmer, reserved, and perhaps more boring.

"5 minutes late" Falke growled irritably, gnawing his bottom lip and lashing his tail from side to side. He'd been told that his guest would be arriving at 4PM, and yet there was no sign of the boy's arriving any time soon. While Falke wasn't normally this antsy about a few lost minutes, he'd been waiting for restlessly for hours now, and each tick and every tick of the clock felt as if it'd been delayed by an eternity. He knew the reason why. Deep down he didn't want to welcome this guest. He didn't even approve of his father's relationship with the woman that had mothered his guest. The reason? Plain and simple. They were felines.

The mere though of allowing one into his own personal space bothered him. So naturally Falke was against the idea of his father marrying a feline woman. He'd only met the woman once, and she'd been nice enough at the time, but Falke knew the true nature of cat girls, lazy, moody, arrogant and difficult to deal with in general. He'd reluctantly congratulated the pair who had planned a small vacation together before their marriage. But deep down he was hoping that his father would come to his senses and break things over before doomsday arrived in two weeks time. Unfortunately Falke had his own problems to deal with, he'd have to look after a teenage feline himself. A teenager that the irresponsible cat woman was dumping on him while she was away. A feline was bad, but a teenage one? Just thinking about the next two weeks was enough to make Falke consider heading over toward the medicine cabinet.

Name: Seere Eleison (The one on the left!)
Height: 5'2 (157 cm)
Hair Color: Golden Orange
Eye Color: Golden Yellow

Living with an eccentric mother often led to a life full of benefits for any teenager, Seere being that exact son who was no exception to the rule. The life of freedom he was granted by the figurative ball of energy would've made any boy his age a spoiled brat, but the death of his elder twin and his normally humble personality had allowed him to mature unexpectedly. Punctual, responsible, polite, and soft spoken, he was the quintessential poster image of the ideal child any mother could wish for. As someone who desired a life of order it came to no surprise that his day would go astray the moment chaos struck. "You're going to be living with your new step brother, so I hope you have fun okay sweety?" Those were the exact words that his mother uttered, the same words that he muttered under his breath in frustration as he struggled to lug the huge luggage of clothes and personal items towards his designation.

"Brother, why does mother always leave us with her ambiguous directions?" Sighed the male in his tenor voice, the normally eloquent & melodic tone distraught with a hint of frustration and impatience as he looked at the poorly written map. It was a piece of stationery drawn together with crude roads, the words merely telling him to follow the singular arrow from their house as the only 'direction' towards the apartment complex. His erudite mind had fortunately allowed him to pin down the location to a specific apartment complex, one that was decisively smaller for a lower income family. In his haste to get there on time, divest the information from his mother poorly written note, and run to the trolley in his poor stamina, the male was only 'adequately' dressed. Standing at a height of 5 feet & 3 inches the 17 year old wasn't the most intimidating man in the world. At best his androgynous features left him as a male with softer features, his body unusually scrawny and skinny which left the orange haired boy with a dexterous grace. Nevertheless he was dressed in a pair of form hugging denim jeans, a pair of white sneakers, a mesh shirt, and a blue & white sleeveless hoodie that was otherwise considered "stylish" for his age.

The incessant ticking of his silver starred watch was beginning to grate on his sensitive ears, the two triangular cat-like appendages flickering impatiently as a profuse frown decorated his boyish features. Behind him the orange, yellow, and white creamed tail of his had already surrendered to the fatigue of looking for his so called 'step-brother's apartment; an apartment that refused to be located despite Seere's best investigations. But as the cluck struck fifteen on his watch Seere had to stop and lick his fanged teeth, his bright yellow hues glaring at the single hidden apartment complex that was the fruit of his long trek. Quickly, although with a heavy sigh, the teenager carried his luggage up the stairs until he came to a single unimpressive door. "Mother said that stepfather's son was... cordial at the very least. Oh Arioch why do I have to live alone with a complete stranger?" He sighed dejectedly, part of him already worried that his stepbrother was born with the genes of another animal in his vein.

Tentatively he steeled himself by standing atop of the brown welcoming mat, his left hand jetting forward to form a first as he knocked on the door thrice. "Hello? Seere Eleison is here, is anyone there?" Unfortunately the nerves got the better of Seere as his voice squeaked, the fur on his ears & tail already beginning to bristle as the sound of a door clicked open.

Dear brother in heaven, I'm about to meet our new brother.

Another five minutes trickled by, and the boy he was supposed to be taking care of still had shown neither head nor tail of himself. Unable to restrain his anxious nerves, the canine male basically stormed across the room, shoving his hand inside a small wooden drawer and procuring a strip of paper that was scented lightly with an aromatic perfume. Grabbing his phone and punching in the digits, he held the phone to his ear, tapping his foot impatiently as the phone began to ring... and ring... and ring. Until eventually the call hung itself up and responded to his impatience with a monotonous beeping noise that indicated the woman was unable or unwilling to pick up. It took every little strand of patience Falke had to not hurl the phone across the room. Outraged that the irresponsible woman would fail to answer the emergency number she'd given him on the very first day. Instead he tore the useless scrap of paper up, rolling the torn bits up into a ball before tossing it across the room and into the kitchen bin.

"Calm down, it's still not that late..." he growled, frowning to himself as he considered calling the cops. There was no way they'd take him seriously, and Falke himself had no idea what his supposed brother in law looked like, and technically... they weren't brothers until the damned wedding which was scheduled a good few weeks from now.
Sighing to himself and forcing him to take a seat at the dining table, focusing his eyes on the ticking clock and counting the seconds as they ticked by. Falke briefly considered heading out to search for the brat, but again he was faced with the dilemma of not knowing what Seere looked like. Furthermore there was a chance that Seere would turn up while he was out, and then Falke would be the one accused of not being in the right place at the right time.

When three reserved knocks finally sounded on Falke's door, the canine immediately lept out of his seat. Knocking over not only the chair, but also the wooden dining table resulting in a thunderous crashing sound erupting from within the canine's apartment room. Despite the accident the door swung open with only a second delay, a brush of air slapping Falke in the face as he poked his head out and glared viciously at whoever was unfortunate to be on the other side. Falke's features were nothing short of menacing, his brows furrowed and his eyes sparking with a mixture of irritation and fury. Falke had spent a good few hours planning and rehearsing how he'd welcome the boy to his humble apartment, but the words that he snapped out were simple and far from resembling anything he'd planned that day.

"Late" he barked, his entire body shaking with fury as he snarled at the sight of the boy. Falke's body language was just as welcoming as his words. In fact, with his teeth bared, and his hands balled into fists it looked as if Falke would physically assault the boy for being a few minutes late. When the canine's hand shot out it seemed inevitable, but instead of connecting with Seere's body, Falke's yanked the luggage from Seere's grasp. Depriving Seere of his possessions before he could back out and leave in search of better accomodation. Hell, sleeping on the streets was probably safer than sharing an apartment with a psychopathic dog that wanted to tear Seere over for being 15 minutes late.

"Coming in or not?" Falke snapped, not even bothering to turn his head. Instead he gave the boy one unwelcoming swish with his tail.

It wasn't that the Eleison family was poor, it was just that his mother had a tendency of spiriting away his personal debit & credit cards. As the seconds continued to pass the moment he heard the click of the door he felt a strange nervous tingle shoot up from the base of his spine. Nervously the male nibbled the corner of his lips, the sharp edge of one of his fangs almost pressing hard enough to make the rosy flesh of his lip turn an opaque white. Then it appeared, a tall man with the distinct ears of someone who was blessed with the genes of a wolf or dog in them. Seere was just about to remark on his lateness with an apology until the cacophonic sound of the man's 'barking' yell scolded him profusely. Reflexively the fur along his orange & white swirled tail bristled at the elder's deeper voice, a response that also triggered his digits to squeakily hook around the handle of his scrolling luggage.

Mother nature, Seere surmised, made it so that felines and canines were natural enemies... a superstition that in all normal cases the youngest twin preferred to ignore. But the unwelcoming body language, the heated glare, and the fact that he was almost physically assaulted was beginning to make Seere regret his disbelief in stereotypes. As timid as Seere initially was the canine had already struck a nerve that left a bit of a scathing bad impression on his mind. The sudden yank of Falke's hand on his luggage caused the contents of his luggage to rearrange dangerously, the sounds of fragile objects shifting & tumbling about a clear indicator that Seere carried delicate valuables. His reaction was illogical and almost uncharacteristic, and despite being a usually composed person the orange head rebelliously yanked his luggage back with a snap of his wrist.

"I'm coming in Mr. Falke, though it seems I'll rescind your father's description of you being a perfectly cordial son." As soon as the words left his lips Seere tilted his head to the side, a sickeningly sweet smile curving the corner of his lips. Fortunately there was a good reason he was anger by the brunet's uncouth & rough handling of his luggage, a fact that was visible with Seere's body langugae. Possessively his scrawny slender arms picked up the luggage as if it were a tender gift, the two limbs hugging it around the middle. If Falke's anger was tempered & steeled enough the taller male would be able to see that the younger was visibly shaking from both anger & fright. Wherever Seere's gaze was his golden hues refused to meet with his stepbrother's, a well known signal that their relationship had started off on a horribly sour note. "I'll be honest, if you're so livid at the fact that I have to live with you then just say go. But don't you think we can at least be civil with one another for a weak? Not for you, but for the happiness of my mother and your father?"

There was a hint of stress in the teenager's neutrally cool tone, but as he spoke his back faced Falke with his arms still clutching the precious luggage. Unconsciously his eyes did wander through the visible areas of the canine's apartment which reminded him of... amusingly enough a single bachelor's pad.

“Cordial? I would have been a lot more cordial if you didn’t make me wor-wait half an hour” he hastily corrected himself, spinning around and making his way over to his own bedroom which had been cleared of any important personal possessions. In his edgy state Falke had forgotten to pack away the scissors, tape and unused cardboard boxes. But he didn’t have the peace of mind to calmly remove those right now. He’d calmed down a fair bit after having the suitcase snatched off him. He’d suspected something fragile was in there when he’d yanked the case out of Seere’s hands, and seeing Seere protectively cradle the luggage confirmed it.

“Sorry about the grabbing” he mumbled a bit sulkily, not really wanting to admit his own wrongdoing as it’d weaken his stance in the argument. But Falke had never been one to prioritize pride over more important matters, and once he realized his own mistake, he was quick to try and make amends… for that particular problem at least anyway. The canine still firmly believed the young feline had been the first to take the first wrong step. The anger Seere expressed was understandable though, and seeing the boy trembling in fear was enough to make Falke’s temper deflate enough so that his voice didn’t sound so gruff and threatening.

“Look, I’m fine with you living here… regardless of the happiness of… our parents.” He paused, the acknowledgement of sharing the same mother as a feline grating on his nerves a bit.
“But if you’re going to be late you’re going to have to let me know before I start considering contacting the police” Falke explained, pulling out his mobile and dialling his own number, and handing it to Seere so that the boy could either write it down, or memorize it. Falke didn’t know if Seere owned his own mobile or not, but he assumed the boy had one. After all, who in this day and age didn’t have one of those handy gadgets lying around?

“If you’ve got somewhere else you’d rather stay, then I’m not going to say ‘no’” Falke added, wondering if Seere had somewhere else to go. Perhaps a friends place, or maybe even a girlfriends? Seere was pretty attractive so it wouldn’t be surprising. “But that’s only after I make sure they’re trustworthy people, and that your mother is okay with you living with them.”

Falke had lied, he wasn’t completely fine with Seere living with him. Falke wasn’t even all that approving of his father remarrying a cat woman. But regardless of whether Seere was going to be his brother or not, Falke didn’t want to have his father having a go at him over Seere getting into trouble. More importantly Falke himself didn’t want to see someone else, regardless of their background getting needlessly hurt.

“Either way, note down my number, it’s up to you whether you call it or not, but it’s better you have it rather than not in an emergency.”

The slip up in the brunet's word was easily picked up by Seere, his ears naturally beginning to flick in a semblance of amusement. Such a sudden reaction that was eerily familiar to his late twin's caught Seere off guard, but it still wasn't enough to stave off the waves of frustration coursing through him. "No offense, but you make it sound as if I had a choice in being late. Believe me I'm the type of person who follows schedules and delegated times like a zealot." As Seere spoke his gaze lowered to the luggage in his arms as if he was worried about its contents. Momentarily the teenage closed his eyes as he hugged the precious cargo towards his body until Falke's mumble caught his ears' attention.

"Only the grabbing? You know normally it would behoove you to apologize for such a particularly aggressive greeting." Seere remarked with a teasing tone, the corners of his lips curling briefly into a chesire-like grin. They had been introduced to one another on a less than savory note, a fact that the youngest Eleison wanted to at least alleviate somewhat by gently poking fun at his official brother. Falke's reiteration of his lateness elicited a faint murmur from Seere who begrudgingly placed his luggage back on the ground while taking the mobile phone Falke offered after. "Again let me make a point if anything to cool your temper brother." He began only to pause, his throat swallowing at the familiar word that now felt so suddenly foreign to his lips. Shaking his head from his bemusing thoughts he continued, "I was only notified by mother today that I'd have to live with a new brother. She also gave me directions that weren't adequate enough."

Quickly the orange head combed his fingers through his locks until Seere reached for one of his pockets. He merely gave a lazy toss of the folded paper which had a single crude map and a list of insane directions that made no proper sense. The directions were literally vague, only describing how Falke's apartment could've possibly looked like -- an unwise description since a lot of other apartment complexes fit his apartment's description just as aptly. The twin's other hand managed to procure a white phone from his posterior's pocket, though what was particularly quaint was the small square picture of what was seemingly 'Seere' smiling situated along the phone's middle. "Alright I've gotten your number, maybe we can get along better as the time passes."

At least that's what Seere preferred as he flashed Falke a mellow & gentle grin. Briefly the male closed his eyes as he inhaled suddenly, only for Seere to exhale slowly as he stepped forward. Halfway he stowed away the precious phone in his pocket, but quickly after the short teenager grabbed Falke's left hand with both of his own. "Let's restart then brother! I'm Seere Eleison and I'm 17 years old. I attend a private school known as Hightech High and am planning to double major in Linguistics and Child Development. I like the color orange, I find literature fascinating and I love to cook." There was more the energetic feline could've told him, but it wasn't like Falke would care that he worked late at night too right?

Either way Seere practically beaming at Falke with his tail flicking from side to side, clearly he was more comfortable to face Falke now -- which in reality he was attempting to repair their bad 'self' introductions.

As far as Falke was concerned the aggressive greeting was warranted if not a normal reaction to such tardiness. Though he supposed he’d over reacted just a little bit… but then again, people like Seere were renowned for wandering off at their own fancy. While hybrids like Falke and Seere weren’t controlled by their animalistic urges, it was undeniable fact that they did share some of the traits exhibited by their quadruped cousins. It was a stereotype of races, sure. But stereotypes were stereotypes for a reason, and after meeting Seere’s free-spirit mother, the canine could only assume that her tardy son shared similar traits. Like mother, like son right?

Seere’s joke and explanation was responded to with a rather unfriendly grunt. The canine seeming quite apathetic to the boy’s situation, though he did carefully take the map from Seere when it was offered to him. A single glance was all it took for him to agree with the young male. The map was like a jigsaw puzzle, with some of the words overlapping one another. Needless information cluttered a great deal of space, and the information provided was vague and confusing at best. To Falke, the note was completely unreadable, but he supposed Seere would have better luck after dealing with such incomprehensible babble from his mother for seventeen years. Still, it didn’t change the fact that Seere was late, and while he might not have been directly responsible, neither was Falke. And by association the closest thing to Seere’s mother, was Seere himself.

’Narccist’ was the first thing that popped into Falke’s mind when he saw Seere procure his mobile. Another common trait exhibited by felines. The more he learned about Seere and his mother, the more he was inclined to go out and buy “How to deal with cats: for dummies.” Unlike Seere who was trying his best to repair their relationship with one another, Falke could only offer a faint frown in response. Silently taking back his phone and shoving it back into his pocket. He’d never been good at masking his emotion. More importantly he didn’t like it, and didn’t see any point in acting dishonest to not only others, but also himself.

What he hadn’t expected was the small hands to suddenly wrap around his own. His body jerking bad instinctively, but settling itself when he realized he was in no immediate danger. It could have just been Falke’s imagination, but while the young Eleison’s smile was a cute one, Falke was certain the eerie sensation he got was because the feline was plotting something sinister. Unconditional friendship was a myth, and even if it wasn’t, it wasn’t something that was offered so carelessly.

“Falke…Gravillion. Twenty two” he responded curtly, seeing no reason to reveal anything else about himself. He didn’t plan on kicking the feline boy out, but he didn’t exactly plan on getting friendly either. Once his parents were back from their honeymoon the boy would most likely be going back to live with them, and Falke would probably only ever see Seere again on rare family occasions.

His ears did perk up curiously when he heard the school Seere had gone to, recognizing the name as a highschool nearby his elementary school. “Seere…” he mumbled under his breath, suddenly feeling as if he recognized the name from somewhere. Now that he thought about it, the cute innocent smile did resemble someone from his childhood… the only question now was who?

Back
Top Bottom