Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Witch and the Paladin (MysteriousD & shepardandthehawke)

MysteriousD

Star Fudge
It was a dark and stormy night... the lone paladin stood facing the tall, dark and sinister tower. Here this was the land of Dún Ailinne, the land of the Gael. Here, he was facing the sinister sorceress of the shadows. The woman that the frightful people refer to as the Morrigan. Normally, she wouldn't be considered that much of a threat. However, rumors circulating that she git the aid of some sort of terrible toymaker... a wizard who made monsterous beings. However, this would all end now. The Paladin stood tall and proud in his gold-colored armor. His family came from the southern continent. From one of the seven golden cities, Patiti... When he was a baby, his famiily moved to the mixed lands of the United Peoples Republic.

He stood proud and tall, with lightish olive skin, dark brown and black hair and intense yet warm brown eyes. He had a youthful face and a determined look. His armor took inspiration from the stone style of his homeland. His sword was on his back along with his shield near his cloak with his helmet in his hand.

He was Sir Diogo... He was a Paladin. He was a follower of the sun god of his people, Inti. The god of the light and warmth and protector of the people, he was the son of the creator. He was the real deal Paladin. Strong, noble, intelligent... He stood out for being a bit eccentric though. Nevertheless, he charged to the castle on his noble giant puma.

RE: The Witch and the Paladin

Morrigan sat upon her obsidian throne, bored as she waited for her new 'ally' to finish. Then and only then could she bring her plans into fruition. The witch in the room was dark and cunning. She had patience and an impressive caster of witchcraft, mainly within the dark powers. One had to be careful with those, and she did, you did not tamper with dark magics like a child with a new toy. Still, even she could feel the seducive powers flow through her, crying out for her to do more. But she did not listen. They would not control her, she would control them, her pride would allow nothing less. Still, waiting there had been tedious for even her, she supposed the prospect of getting sure monstrous support excited her. But she had to wait.

Crossing her leg over the other in her thone, she had the long slitted dress ride up past her hips. He showed off her supple legs, the curve of her wide hips, and a good bit of her large ass she sat on. The top part was off the shoulder baring even more moonlight pale skin to be seen. Especially the cleavage of her huge rack that was pushed up with the seeming frail fabric, that looked impossible to do, and most certainly with the deep v in the dress that stopped just an inch under her navel. The fact this dress even stayed on her was magic, and it was, a living thing of shadow that she bent to her needs, in this way, a dress she could alter how ever she wished. But she would always show off her skin, she loved the thought of been stared at by lust men and women would wanted to dive into her curves. Her figured was adored with additional jewelry of silver. Bangles upon her wrists with magical symbols carved into them. A black leather choker with a silver chain embedded with amethysts that dripped into her cleavage. Anklets that had been lined with obsidian with magic to keep her from hurting her barefeet when she walked. Her earrings were chains of silver dangling from her lobes. The final item was a silver tiara encrusted with amethysts that topped her waist length locks, her hair was black but it seemed to have a moving sheen of purple to red and the black of nothingness. Her face adored with a light blush to bring a bit of color to her pale face, her lips covered in a purple tar to accentuate them, and her violet eyes accented by smokey eyeshadow. She looked like a creature of the darkness for sure. As she played with her carved obsidian staff, she hummed a song while she waited. Waited for anything honestly.

The mad scientist, referring to himself only as the Tinkerer was working on his greatest device. Wearing only a thick coat along with a strange pair of glasses, he spent most of his life preparing for this one moment. And now... he will succeed. When he was a child, he was a mere apprentice to a mage who was attempting an experiment with a crystal ball... something when horribly wrong with a mind spell and the result was the Tinkerer being able to catch a glimpse of the past, present, and future and a glimpse and of more knolwedge one could dream.

His innocence was ravaged and he was born. He made his living making toys for children, a hobby he allowed himself to retain a bit of humanity. That and fixing the clocks and mills of the civilians However, it also funded his other projects... to search for lost relics and now... everything was ready. He just needed a distraction to come and distract the witch so he may start the device. Speak of the devil or rather the hero, the door busted open as the paladin and his puma were riding through the stairway. Any living guard was merely incapacited by him shining a blindingly bright light with his power and knocking them out with the sheath.

Any non-organic or regenerating being like golems or monsters were sliced up. Finally, the large beast stopped before a large door. Diogo stepped of and let his giant puma get away. If the tower was held by magic, he didn't want his prized steed to get hurt. He peered through a window to see the puma escape. He smiled in relief before facing the door and opening it, shield and sword ready.

"Morrigan, you have violated several laws and are charged with the practice of the Forsaken Arts," Diogo said as he prepared himself for whatever trick she had.

"Tsk tsk paladin, surely you know its rude to barge into a persons home like this" she poke, barely even looking at him, more pleasantly focused on her purple nail paint. She would needed to redo it as it had been a while. With a wave of her hand, the paint was fresh and fixed. She smiled as she grabbing her staff be for standing, pointing the obsidian item at him in spite. "I thought all paladins knew there manners, looks like someone will have to teach you those manners again." Morrigan smirked at this man, he was going to save her from boredom! Raising her hand, dark fire erupted above it, she let it grow before throwing the ball of shadowy flame.

Diogo watched her fix a detail in her appearance before she prepared a ball of dark fire. His stern gaze became more serious as he raised his shield. The carvings on the shield gained a dull glow to him as he crouched. He let the black fire ball hit his shield. He stood his ground before channeling his lught into the shield. The shadow flame turned a brilliant yellow-white before he mashed it with his shield and send the white fire ball at the witch. He began also moving so he could better anticpiate her attacks. He let his sword charge with light before swinging it, letting a curved blade of light fly in her direction.

The Tinkerer turned and saw that she was fighting the Diogo the Paladin. He smiled in luck as he could know two birds with one stone. He began activating the machine and making the preparations for his moment of triumph. He just needed those two to continue distracting one another.

Morrigan brought up a barrier of darkness, the clash of light amd dark energies was powerful, endimg in a small explosion. Thankfully, the barrierndid her job and she was unscathed, but it ws close for sure. "Well well paladin... you are no pushover. Good, I would be said if you were a simple defeat, that doesn't kill boredom well!" She grinned, gripping her staff in both hands, chanting something in the language of the dark arts before pointing the staff and him, erupting from the top of it was a chain of lightning, purple in color, infused with darkness. It wasn't a simple blast either, but a constant barrage to keep him under pressure till his guard broke. It would be draining if he was willful for aure, but she could.take no chances now.

Diogo narrowed his eyes. She thought of him as simply a way to kill boredom. She was to be brought in alive so she could be trail. He had authority to kill her; he didn't that would be sufficient punishment, especially since she may be able to return as a lich of some sort. He watched her begin to chant in the forbidden language of the Forsaken Arts. He wondered if the Morrigan knew of the non-evil dark magic, hence why people try not use the term 'dark arts' any more.

Probably not.

He raised his shield to try and hold off the barrage of dark lightning. He would be able to hold, but not for a long while. He needed a plan. He charged his sword while holding and unleashed another glowing slice of energy, but this time at her scepter. He then rolled out of the way of the lightning to begin moving. "Surrender now and come peacefully," he tried to convince her.

"Surrender, ha, I could as you the same!" She laughed and fell into the shadows, popping back up from his, "If you do it now, I may make it kinder how I will experiment on you..." she grinned and placed a hand on his back, a blast of dark frost erupting from her hand and launching the paladin into her throne. It broke from the contact of his heavy armor, "I liked that throne... oh well, I'll just have a better one made" she laughed louder, she was enjoying this immensely, him being in her domain, she had the advantage. Her power stronger in her castle due to its spiritual closeness to the plane of shadow. She couldn't lose, no matter how strong the paladin! These were the words her pride were ringing in her head as she laughed.

Diogo grunted in pain as he felt the blast of dark frost on his backside. He was grateful for the strong and protective cloak he had on. It ensured no permanent damage. He knew she had the home field advantage; he was also aware that her arrogance blinded her to her weakness. He stood up and faced her before he let a flash of light appear from his blade which he reflected off of his shield and blind her before he ran to her and grabbed her wrists, keeping her from moving.

Both suddenly found themselves unable to move before hearing slow clapping.

The Tinkerer came out, holding a strange gun which had kept them from moving. Behind him was a large sinister device that had been activated and reacting with the magic all around them.

"Well done you two. You distracted yourself long enough for me to achieve my goal," he said to them with a smirk.

"Tinkerer, what are you doing!? You are suppose to be assisting me" she turned her eyes to look at the traitor as much as she could, growling with pure hate. The paladin long forgotten now, "Do not tell me you are betraying me now? You know what happens to those who would betray me... Do not be so foolish, lest I make your life hell!" she spat, sadly it mostly got on the paladin as she could not turn her head. Morrigan was furious! How dare this man think he could betray her, Mistress of the Dark and Shadows! Queen of the forbidden arts! She would have his head!

"Silence, you foolish witch!" The Tinkerer said as a shockwave was released from the chamber where the machine was spinning. "You and those other mages. You wish your talents with your delusions of magic. Decadant, degenerate and rotten to the core, you lot sicken me. But no more... now my kind will get a chance to shine. With my Miracle Machine, I will now reshape the world into my image!" he said as he laughed before the machiene launched dark lighting into the air before splitting into the sky. A hole began forming in the sky as the Tinkerer connecting a strange rope of steel with a sharp end into his mind. The lightning traveled down the spires into him.

His eyes glowed violet as he was laughing. From the hole in the sky, a large multi-colored eye appeared as it stared into that of the Tinkerer. "Yes... yes... I SEE ALL!!!" he shouted before the machine glowed harder with the intensity of storms.

Diogo looked at him before he focuses all the light he could. Thanks to the machine, he was able to and he even used his cloak to shield them both. "Brace yourself!" he shouted at her before a large explosion destoryed the tower and knocked them out. The world shook nad was changed forever...

The tower laid in ruins and the paladin and sorceress laid there, protected and wounded, but having survived.

Back
Top Bottom