Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mermaids Lagoon(wildwolfking246xI)

SweetMarie

Star
“The voice of a mermaid is said to be the loveliest of sounds and yet few have heard it till recently. Many have called in saying they had seen a beautiful mermaid calling no begging for them to follow her into the sea. Does she wish to drown them and take them to the bottom or is she calling for her one true love? Who knows?” The TV anchor said holding his microphone close to his face as they watched him move to the side and talk to a small girl “You said you saw the mermaid.” She said bending down to the small girl and she nodded “She was pretty.” She said in an innocent young voice that would make any adults heart melt. “I bet.” The announcer said looking at the camera “Did she talk to you?” the announcer asked and the girl nodded shyly “She said she wanted to find him… the boy.” The little girl bit her lip innocently trying not to sound stupid. “Oh what boy?” the announcer asked “The boy with the beautiful face.” She grinned and giggled making herself blush. “She wants to take him home with her.” The little girl said and ran away. “Well you heard it from the fishes mouth.” The announcer said with a chuckle “From Fox news I’m Arron Sibling and this is your report.” She pointed to the camera and it went back to the main people.

Aiden Crane quickly shut off the tv after the report ended with a chuckle uttering from him. A mermaid really? Was tourism so bad that they wackos at city hall had to start making fake fairy tales to draw visitors. However this was a forgery he decided to rub in the face of the local media. He was a man of science you see and hated two things about the sleepy little city he called home: the people were quick to adapt a mob mentality, also that given even the briefest glimpse of anything they took as supernatural and u.f.o hunters from across the globe would be beating down his door selfishly demanding to acquire his very delicate equipment for "important ground breaking research" or "to find proof that we aren't alone in the universe".

Several hours later he would be upon a rented sail boat off the coast where this supposed mermaid had been seen by many seemingly too enthusiastic witnesses. Deciding to drop anchor just out of sight range of the nearest beach or pier, he pulled from a large trunk of equipment a small portable sonar. Dropping what looked like a fishing lure to catch whales, a square apparatus began to ping the same chirps he had heard from any other time he had conducted marine research. However......Something was off, one ping lasted about ten times the norm. He looked to a radar-like display on the top of the apparatus, which yielded to him a larger than average blip. "Strange......way too early for whales to be migrating." Was all he muttered to himself, now scanning the surface for any potentially breaching whales.

Merry looked over her shoulder at her aunt who motioned for her to go back into the water and she frowned she'd searched weeks for this boy she'd seen millions of times when she was a child and couldn't seem to find him. Sure he had to have looked different after all it had been years since she'd seen him and humans aged unlike mermaids they continued to age after so long. Mermaids seemed to stop aging at 16 typically until they bared a child of their own and then hit adult hood. Merry had fallen in love as a small mermaid with a boy from a boat that she'd pulled into the water with her. She even went as far as to give him mermaids breath when she was younger to help him stay under water with her but of course he freaked out and thought he was going to die like all stupid humans. "Go on now Merry!" her aunt urged her and stepped closer pushing the small get into the water.

Bubbles seemed to form around Merry her body changing her long legs now merged together turning into a soft pink fin with thousands of iridescent scales that seemed to glow in the water. Even her pale blonde hair turned a soft of pink as her clothing seemed to disappear leaving her breasts covered in gold and white looked armor. She popped her head out of the water and swam to the edge where her aunt stood holding out a small crown that belong to her. "Thanks." she spoke and her aunt nodded lowering her crown onto her head. "Be careful Merry there's been a lot of news about you." she urged and Merry nodded disappearing under the water and swimming at a speed unattainable for any underwater creature.

She slowed down her swim when she noticed something in the water. It looked something like a fish hook but larger something a fish couldn't bite into and something a shark wouldn't dare go near. It was defiantly coming from a ship over head so she quickly with great speed swam to it and grabbed it with her hand yanking on it lightly to see what would happen.

Aiden dove as his sonar almost went overboard, "Damn you fish, its' scientific equipment NOT FOOD!" He shouted at whatever stupid marine mammal had hooked itself on the pulse generator. With a mighty heave on the fiber optic line he turned away, prepared that he probably had stabbed the poor thing in the eye. However he turned back at hearing what sounded like feet contacting the side of the boat. He suddenly fainted as before his eyes he saw a teenage looking girl with a large fish tail flung into air just above his head. She would fall on top of him before he would stir a moment later still in a daze. "You.....You're not real......You don't exist!" He muttered to her in a increasingly paranoid tone as he tried to get out from under her, however finding himself pinned due to the her wearing some sort of heavy suit of armor. "What do you want with me!?" He asked as he realized that she probably wasn't happy at getting pulled out of the water.

Merry looked at the thing as she heard something from above the water. "Food?" she asked when she heard the voice from above. She still had a hold of the thing and without warning she was pulled up and out of the water. "NO!" she said as she flew in the air almost as if she had jumped up on her own "Watch out!" she warned him as she started right at him landing on top of him with a oomph. "Ouch you stupid boy." she shouted laying on top of him she pushed herself up looking down at him. "You could have really hurt me... or yourself." she looked him over "IF I had my trident you'd be dead!" she mumbled angry at him "Not real?" she looked at herself "Hell I'm not!" she snapped at him and pinched him "See I'm real!" she said with a nod thinking pinching him would prove it. "You're the one that pulled me out of the water stupid." she said rolling off of him her hand going straight for her neck where a small necklace of pearls lay. "Good they're ok." she said with a sigh and then looked at him. "You know for a male you're not very smart." she growled at him pulling herself to the edge of the ship with her arms. She hated being on ships when she was in her mermaid form it made her very vulnerable.

Aiden blinked as she rolled off him, the gears clicking his head. "Wait, I know you from somewhere...We've met before. You......gave me something last we met, didn't you?" He asked as something about her seemed eerily familiar. "If you need help allow me." He quipped, scrambling to his feet and lifting her off the deck like a groom would a bride. "I didn't want to hurt you you know, just that the dammed media treats you like some circus attraction and I wanted to show them that they all are idiots chasing a fairy tale for their own personal gain." He quipped to no one in particular. He set her down in the water tail first but grasped her delicate hands. "I won't tell anyone I saw you if you want.......must be hard having to hide from all those people." He remarked, noting that she was beautiful in oddly mystical way. He let go of her hands, "You probably want to get back to your people if there are more of you, no need to keep this idiot of a boy company." He said to her, starting to get back up to the helm of the ship to leave.

Merry stopped in her place as he asked her to wait and said he knew her from some where. "I've only met one boy and that was when I was younger I mean way younger." she stated as he scrambled to his feet and lifted her up off the deck into his arms. "Oh!" she said as he picked her up her tail dropping down and her arms wrapping around his neck as she clung to him. "Well this is different." she said looking at him "Oh well you didn't hurt me just surprised me." she said looking away blushing at his words. Of course he couldn't hurt her. "A circus attraction." she giggled at the thought she knew what a circus was she'd after all lived more then all her life on shore and in the water. He moved so her tail was in the water and helped lower her into the water slowly. "Thanks." she said after he told her he wouldn't tell anyone. "It's not hard we look like humans when we're not in water." she grinned "Just have to stay away from it." She released his hand as he did hers. "There are thousands of my kind its just hard to find them when they look just like you out of water." she grinned widely. "I don't mind keeping you company but if you don't mind can I stay in the water?" she asked softly.

He smiled, "I don't mind that......What's your name by the way?" He asked, deciding to sit back down and take off his shoes before lowering them into the water. "Thousands you say, then how many in this sleepy little town? And I assume your some kind nobility......royalty?" He asked, pointing to the crown on her on top of her silky looking pink hair.

"Oh how rude of me I'm Merry." she said bowing her head slightly to him as he took off his shoes lowing himself into the water. "Oh in this town that's a good question I'm not sure how many live in our town... I suppose my family and a few others as well so maybe ten." she watched him and moved away slightly letting him get into the water better. She reached up to her crown and smiled "Royalty... I suppose I am a princess." she watched as she moved back close to him. "The crowns don't matter much it's more the pearls that show you the rankings." she motioned to her necklace. "Mine are pink and white sign of royalty is the pink and they're real pearls!" she said watching him pulling one from her necklace and handing it to him. "See."

He narrowed his eyes at hearing her name, "I knew a merry when I was younger......Granted she had blonde hair." He quipped, rotating the pearl between his fingers for a moment before handing it back to her. "What was the name of the boy you met?" He asked, his eyes showing both curiosity but also a strange mischief to them.

She looked at him surprised that he knew her from land "You know a Merry on land?" she asked and swam around him playfully like a child. "Blonde hair huh? Is she pretty like me?" she teased wondering what he thought of her. She reached out taking the pearl and putting it back on the necklace. "I didn't ask his name I was still a child when I met him." she grinned and then thought about it "I remember Aiden.. that's what his mother called him but I'm not sure if that was his name." she went under water and them came up so only her eyes were above water.

He leapt up on the deck, "So it is you......come here merry.... You know I looked for you for weeks after you left the last time." He said reaching out a hand. "You haven't aged much I must say." He said with a grin.

Merry looked up at him as he leapt back onto the deck. "what are you talking about?" she said swimming up to the boat. "Are you him?" she asked reaching up taking his hand. "Well mermaids don't age like humans till the bare a child." she said softly "If your Aiden that means you'll help me!" she grinned

He looked at her with a puzzled expression, "Help you how dear? Is something wrong?" He asked her, pulling her across his lap on the edge of the ship.

"Well I don't want to be a teenager forever I do want to grow up and I can't do that until I mate and you're it!" she grinned at him "You're the one I'm planning on matting with!"

He fainted again at her words, causing her to roll off his lap into the water. "You may be willing but you surely remember that we humans kinda have laws against grown men mating with teen girls." He interjected, his tone now deadpan. "You look sixteen and I'm twenty two....You can see the problem there." He remarked, sitting him back up with shaky hands.

She feel back into the water as he fainted from her words. "Hey!" she splashed him waking him back up. "Yes I know that but we're not on land are we?" she grinned "And you can come to the lagoon if your that scared of punishment." she chuckled "I can take you there." she held out her hand for him.

A devious glint suddenly came to his eyes, "Let me lock down my equipment and return the boat and I'll meet you at the beach in half an hour......Unless you want to ride along?" He teased, pulling her half out of the water as he pulled her upper body into a light embrace.

She looked at him with a devious glint in his eyes she wondered about it but then again she didn't care either as long as he was willing to help her out. She nodded "Ok... A half hour..." she said as he pulled her out of the water and she looked at him as he embraced her. There was no way in hell she was going to ride on a boat not now not ever. "No thanks these things are awfully slow." she snorted pulling from him but kissing his lips before she jumped from his embrace and into the water. "At the beach then." she grinned disappearing under water.

He nodded and waved as she quickly swam off. About twenty eight minutes later he now sat at the edge of the beach barefoot and having changed into a swimsuit.

She popped her head out from under the water just enough to see him and then she picked her head out of the water and raised her arm waving at him to let him know she was there.

She grinned at him and pulled him down so he was eye level with her holding onto him and she pulled him underwater holding him with her and she breathed into his mouth so he was able to breath under water.

She looked at him and pulled him into her and kissed him passionately and pulled away "No that's what a mermaids kiss feels like." she held onto his hand and flicked her tail under the water and pulled him along with her swimming faster then any marine life animal or fish could swim even faster then most boats.

Back
Top Bottom