Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What the pharoah wants for egyptiangoddess11 and truegrave

Kissa walked into her village carrying two baskets one half filled with fish the other with berries, tonight they would feast for the first time in a few days. She was excited to see the look on her little sister's face. She would be so excited to help cook and then eat the meal. Kissa wasn't good at fishing but today she had gotten a boy from the village to help her. He was still there fishing.

Looking around she stopped startled, what was going on? Heading to her hut she set down the baskets and walked back out into the heat of RA. Glancing around she went to search for her mother and sister to find out what was going on not noticing the Pharaoh standing a ways beside her. Finding her sister she bent down and scooped her up walking to her mother.

Taking a closer look at the other young and single women in the village she noticed how each one was dressed up to impress setting her sister down Kissa took a step forward curios of the women's actions and smacked into the pharaoh.

RE: What the pharoah wants (Closed)

Pharaoh Kamenhama was not one to walk, usually. His top officials always told him that it was undignified for the incarnation of the Gods to walk the streets like a common peasant. Nevertheless, the royal chariot had been damaged by an idiot driver that imbibed too many spirits, and the only recourse was to be sitting on his throne, carried on the backs of his servants. However, the Pharaoh felt that the too was undignified, and against the advice of his officials, he walked-barefoot-through the streets of Egypt. Today was a special day for the Pharaoh. Today was the day that he got to choose a woman to be his potential bride.

Many of the wealthiest men in Egypt had tried to convince him to choose their daughters, but the Pharaoh thought that this would be an unwise course of action. The daughters of these men were spoiled and haughty, not the kind of women that would be pious to the gods and appreciative of the riches and influence that came with being the wife of the Pharaoh. In addition to these reasons, the Pharaoh did not want any of those rich merchants getting too close to the royal bloodline, lest their pedestrian experience and low-class blood taint the sublime descendants of Horus and Amen-Ra. No, his wife would have to a native Egyptian, one who appreciated hard work and piety to the gods. There were very few wealthy women left that fit that description, and Kamenhama would rather go to the underworld without servants than do as his ancestors had and marry their sisters. No, the only recourse was a young woman of low-birth.

As the Pharaoh walked down the street, he noticed that all of the young women had come out dressed in their finest, all save one. This young woman proceeded to smack into him, causing the Pharaoh's brows to knit together in annoyance.
"Clumsy woman, you'd forget your own head if it wasn't attached."
He gently took her by the arm and turned her to face him.
"All of these women come out dressed in their finest, but you look as if you'd literally just walked out from the fields. Have you no pride in your appearance, no reverence for the Pharaoh?"

Kissa felt someone grab her arm and let out a soft, startled squeal as she was turned away from the crowed and toward a very tall man with a very large crown. The pharaoh. She had bumped into the pharaoh. Suddenly everything made sense. The women were dressed up to please the great king. Why had no one told her. Quickly Kissa slid her arm away from his and dropped to her knees, "Forgive me my lord." Kissa said hastily wondering if he was a kind and caring pharaoh, or one that would behead her for such actions, "I did not see you." She explained before rising slowly not looking at him but instead at the ground where his feet stood.

Feeling suddenly self conscious Kissa ran her fingers down her dirty dress and glanced at the other women, "had I known your presence would be gifted in our village today I would have dressed finer, but I was not told. Forgive me, my lord." she said and again bowed low hoping that he would forget she bumped into him and pass her by to look at the other attractive women. Kissa doubted she would keep his interest for long with the way she was dressed and the smell of fish lingering on her skin.

The Pharaoh watched as the young woman fell on her knees and began begging for forgiveness. He was actually so disappointed that he wanted to sigh. He thought that this woman was brave and strong, willing to look past his title and see the man underneath. As it turned out, she was merely uninformed. Honestly, the whole thing made him so subconscious that he almost just left the village and went home. I mean, yeah, he was the representative of the gods, but people always seemed so scared of him; perhaps it was the unwise rule of past Pharaohs that filled the people with such fear.

The Pharaoh looked down at the young woman and smiled a bit.
"Stay right where you are. Do not move from that spot until I have returned."
The Pharaoh left her then to speak with the other women. They were all beautiful and well-dressed, but all lacked one value a piece that made them undesirable. Some were not pious, some were promiscuous, some were uneducated, and most just seemed boring. The Pharaoh left these ladies and returned to the lady who had bowed, who he was proud to see had followed his instructions.

"I might be willing to overlook your impoliteness if you are perfectly honest with me in the questions that I ask."
The Pharaoh cleared his throat, as if he was preparing to orate a decree.
"How often do you give thanks to the gods? How many men and/or women have you had carnal relations with? How educated are you? What is your idea of fun?"

Kissa chanced a glance up at the pharaoh confused to see disappointment in his eyes. How could she have disappointed him? Was he expecting her to be something else? Watching as he quickly ran off Kissa bent down and picked up her sister quietly playing with her until the pharaoh came back. A few times she almost forgot his orders and left toward her hut only to double back to where he was expecting her. Suddenly he was in front of her again making her jump slightly.

Nodding Kissa looked up at him expectedly before looking at the ground again remembering herself. His questions were odd. Why did he need to know these things? Kissa stayed quiet for a moment, "I thank the gods before my meals and before bed with AI." she started looking down at her baby sister. His second question gave her a start, "Forgive me your highness but that is none of your business." She said firmly and glanced at her parents who stood behind them looking in shock and confusion, "I am able to read and write in this language." She said then was silent for a moment longer thinking deeply, "I enjoy reading when I find new scrolls, and swimming. I haven't had much time for fun." Kissa finished looking up at him.

The Pharaoh listened closely to her answers. She was pious, and that was good. Her evasiveness on answering his question about her sex life was refreshing, as the previous ladies he had spoken to had told him all about their sex lives...in nauseating detail. Discretion was a good value in a lady, but her evasiveness still made him a bit nervous.
"Allow me to rephrase my question, then. Are you a woman who seeks a certain kind of man, or are you a woman who is content with all manner of man?"

The Pharaoh was quite pleased to learn that she was both literate and athletic. He did not expect her virtue to be intact, as he remembered how just two years ago he had had a somewhat steamy romance with a servant girl, but due to his position, it would have been scandalous to take her virtue. Not all men had that kind of restraint. The Pharaoh had hopes that if she had been with anyone carnally, it had been with only a few partners. If this woman was to be his wife, she would have to be as unspoiled as possible. The gods would not be happy with him if he chose wrong.

Kissa's cheeks turned a light pink as he pushed for the question, "there has only been one to catch my eye, but he was killed in the last war." She said softly and glanced up at him then down. Kissa still didn't understand why he was asking the question. Looking around she noticed how almost every other girl had disappeared back into their hut, changed out of the nice clothing or where just glaring at her. Had she somehow managed to catch the eye of the pharaoh. That thought made her nervous. She liked her life in the village and didn't want to leave.

Looking back up at the pharaoh Kissa decided to be bold and a little rude in hopes that his interest would be lost in her. Nervously she tucked a loose strand of her long black hair behind her ear and swallowed speaking firmly, "If you will excuse me, I have things to do." Kissa said and bent down picking up her basket of fish and berries walking to her hut she she could clean and bake the fish.

The Pharaoh watched as Kissa left to go inside. When no one was looking, he chuckled a bit. If she was hoping to dissuade him with rudeness, she was wrong. In doing so, she had actually made him even more interested. The Pharaoh had been seeking a girl who was willing to be bold, so this was working out well, in his opinion. He approached Kissa's father.

"Tomorrow morning, a man named Haken will arrive at your home. He is a representative of the royal court, and is to be treated with the same courtesy due onto me. Any slight unto him is to be considered a slight unto me. He will conduct a thorough examination of your home and ask you and your wife questions about Kissa and yourselves. I must depart now."
The Pharaoh excused himself with politeness to begin the walk back to the palace.

"Yes, Pharaoh Kamenhama was clearly showing some favoritism toward Kissa. But he did not want to be that obvious about it, so he stopped by the houses of two other girls he felt might be good wife material and repeated the same speech that he had given Kissa's parents. After all, just because Kissa struck his fancy in the short-term did not mean that she would hold it in the long-term. The Pharaoh had to be open-minded about this. After all, the first interview by the Pharaoh was only the first part of a three-part interviewing process.

Kissa breathed a sigh of relief when she stepped into the house. He hadn't followed her and seemed to have walked away. Putting him away form her mind she bent down and began cleaning the fish before wrapping them in leafs and setting them beside the fire. She was excited for their meal tonight, it would be a better and bigger one they would have had in a long while. Obvious to her surroundings Kissa continued to prepare for the meal as her parents walked in.

Kissa's parents were shocked that the pharaoh had taken interest in their daughter, proud but shocked. They knew that she must be prepared to see Haken the next morning. Her father walked up to her and pulled her away from the task, "Your mother can do that, right now go down to the lake and bathe before Ra leaves us and the water is still warm, get all the dust from your hair and body." he instructed leaving his daughter in confusion.

Kissa's family forced her to get ready for the next day, her having no clue what was going on but did as they bid. That night she was full, warm and clean. Sighing she closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

The Pharaoh had returned to his palace shortly before Ra turned the sun from yellow to orange. Kamenhama, or just Hama, as his close friends and relatives called him, was big on cleanliness. He was bathed three times a day by his servants, once in the morning when he rose, in the afternoon when he had finished his business, and at night before he went to bed, though he would be bathed more than that if he got exceptionally dirty at any time between these schedules. Not only did Hama like to look and smell nice, but he also believed that his cleanliness was pleasing to the gods, who themselves were never dirty. His business had caused him to miss his afternoon bath, so he had to get on that as soon as he entered the palace. Royal administrators quickly summoned the female servants from the duties, informing them that it was time for the Pharaoh's bath.

Hama entered the bathing quarters in his palace, which was essentially a wading pool. He sat on the rim of it and waited for his servants to arrive. When they did, some showed up scantily clad and some were totally nude. Being nude himself, it was impossible to hide his pleasure at this, though it seemed to please rather than embarrass the serving girls. Many of these girls had aspirations of being his wife, and usually tried to squeeze in a few "wifely duties" during the bathing. The Pharaoh did not object, of course, but always reminded himself to not let physical pleasure impact manners of business and honor.

The girls got to work right away, dipping a cloth in the water and wringing it out over his head to wet his hair. Some girls began washing his chest while others washed his feet. One especially bold girl began cleaning his groin, nestling his manhood between her considerable breasts in a not-so-subtle come-on. The girls rubbed him down with aromatic perfume and scrubbed very thoroughly, some keeping it professional, some not even trying to. When the bathing was complete, the Pharaoh was dried and given a clean white robe to wear. The girls then hustled out of the room to return to their other duties.

For now, the Pharaoh had to tend to his meal. The dining area was all ready set impeccably, and a nice roast duck was the main course. The royal party was there to join the meal, which consisted of his adviser Kanen, his representative Haken, and his younger brother Temses, who was joined by his wife, Atra, and young son, Temses II. The first course was served with a nice red wine, and the conversation began.
"Kanen, did you give Haken the scroll containing my orders for tomorrow?"
"Yes, Pharaoh. I handed it to him personally while you were in the bath."

"I've looked it over and understand what I need to do, sir," Haken said before taking a bite of his food.
"Your three choices all stem from three different levels of society," Kanen remarked, "how interesting."
"Ah, but what is most interesting is which one he has his eye on," Temses I said with a chuckle.
Hama wiped his mouth with a napkin.
"A Pharaoh should never make a decision that affects a whole country without careful consideration."
"But a good Pharaoh does not take his heart totally out of the equation," Atra countered.

Hama smiled at her and nodded.
"You are correct. Tomorrow I will begin phase two of the testing process. Maybe then I will have a clearer picture of which one is truly my favorite. Now..."
He took his knife and began cutting into the roast duck.
"Let us feast on this bird before it gets cold!"

The dinner was joyous, with feasting and laughter into the night. Haken retired first, his business requiring him to be up the earliest. Kanen excused himself next, knowing that there would be much administering for him tomorrow. Temses and his family retired to their quarters, having business in Africa the next day. The Pharaoh himself retired last after making sure that all of the affairs of his palace and city were well-in-hand. Hama retired to his bed-chambers and fell fast asleep.

The next morning, when Ra had just begun to peek over the sunset, Haken rose from his bed and rubbed his eyes. He grabbed the papyrus scroll containing the names and went off to collect them in the recently fixed carriage. While they waited in the carriage, he approached the house of the third young woman on the list, Kissa. Clearing his throat, he knocked on the door authoritatively.
"Miss Kissa, it is I, Haken. I come bearing the orders of the good Pharaoh Kamehama, and would very much like entrance into your humble abode."

Kissa was woken up early, before Ra had risen to waken them. Her mother brought her next to the fire and combed her long black hair she braided it in one long braid and wound it around her head placing the few blue beads her mother had saved for special occasions, "What's going on?" Kissa asked tiredly only to be hushed. Her mother handed her a piece of flat bread and some water to eat. She sat there sleepily and confused eating the bread and watching her mother flit around trying to perfect the place.

"The pharaoh has taken an interest in you, someone will be here to talk to your father and I about it, hurry and eat so you can get ready." Her mother explained quickly. taking her daughter by complete surprise. Kissa stood in shock and shook her head, "No! I'm not leaving this is my home." she said stubbornly. Her mother glared at her and sat her down by the fire.

"You will do as you are told, this is an opportunity for not only you but your sister Ai, she could have a grand life, both of you could." Her mother explained firmly.

Their argument was interrupted by a knock on the door. Kissa stood and opened it to find a man standing there asking to come in. Swallowing Kissa stood aside to allow him entrance as her mother ushered her out of the house with Ai and shut the door firmly behind them.

Haken looked around the house, taking in every room and every square inch of the house that he had not seen during his initial walk up to the door. It was not ornate and lacked some comforts that could be found at the royal palace, and it certainly did not have the lavish decoration and fancy trappings of merchant homes. But, it was far cleaner and nicer than most low class houses that he had seen, so it earned his approval, which he showed by making a mark on the papyrus. Haken then sat down in the living quarters with Kissa's parents.
"On behalf of the Pharaoh, I must now ask you a series of questions. I want complete honesty, as that show of good character will take you farther than if you try to lie to me, no matter how good the lie."

Haken leaned back in his chair.
"The Pharaoh prizes cleanliness, honesty, virtue, courage, piety, loyalty, and both inner and outer beauty. So, I will ask you about each of these virtues in turn."
The royal representative scrawled something on the scroll.
"Does Kissa seem to value cleanliness? In your answer, please include how often she bathes daily and weekly."

They sat around the dying fire a bowl of flat bread was set between them for their guest to munch on along with coffee. The two of them were obviously nervous as to what was about to happen.

The father was the one who answered the man's questions, "Kissa bathes daily if possible, if it grows to late before her choirs she bathes early the next day." He said.

((Sorry, I didn't have much to go off of..))

(It's fine. It's a question and answer session, basically, so I expect your replies to be short. You don't have to apologize if your posts are short, because I'm just happy that you gave me something to continue with. Years of roleplays dying due to inactivity has made me happy with just regular activity on my roleplays.)

Haken nodded, making a mark on the scroll. He made sure to keep his facial features and body language neutral, not wanting to let these people know how he was feeling or what he was thinking. But, he was pleased with that answer, and his view of Kissa earlier confirmed that she was a girl who was clean on a regular basis.
"Has Kissa been honest with you, even if it means that she will get in trouble?"

((I know what you mean, I'm sick of inactive people.. the only people I have found lately are either inactive or can't write much... ))

Her father hesitated, "She lied a bit when she was younger, before the war started. She snuck out to see the man who caught her eye but after he passed away she stopped lying, she mostly just picked up on chores and ignored the social aspect of her life." he said thoughtfully before taking a sip of coffee.

(Well, hopefully we've found the solutions to our roleplaying problems in each other. I've been looking for an RP partner that is as interested in doing a long-term, active roleplay as I am.)

Haken noticed the slight hesitation in the father's answer, but was pleased that he was truthful with him. He marked on the scroll that Kissa had a history of lying, but seemed to have gotten over it as she got older.
"This leads me to perhaps the most awkward question, the one concerning virtue. You mentioned that your daughter used to sneak out to meet this man that ended up being killed. Do you suspect that she slept with the man, that he took her virtue?"
Haken was not very comfortable discussing this kind of private matter, but he knew that this was important to the Pharaoh, and had to follow orders.

The mother's face turned a bright pink and she looked away not wanting or knowing how to answer. After a nervous glance the father finally answered, "We aren't sure, they were betrothed to be married so it's entirely possible, but it doesn't seem like Kissa to sleep with someone who isn't her husband." he said and looked at him apologetically.

Haken nodded as the father answered his question. He wrote down that it was possible that Kissa had lost her virtue, but unlikely.
"Let us move on to other things, then. Certainly Kissa showed courage when she snuck out of the house to meet with that man, but that act was tainted with deceit. Can you give me another example of when Kissa showed courage?"
Haken knew that it would not be easy for the Pharaoh to win over Kissa, and he dreaded having to tell him this, especially since most of his reasoning had to do with the fact that she might still be in love with another man, even if the man was deceased.

This time the women spoke up, "A year ago there was a fire in the village, one of the houses was the elderly lady who Ai used to stay with, our youngest. When Kissa found out instead of trying to put it out right away she ran in to rescue Ai and her caretaker." She said obviously proud to say her daughter saved lives.

Haken remained neutral, but was privately impressed with this act. He marked on the scroll, "saved younger sister and elder woman from a house fire".
"As the representative of the gods on Earth, Pharaoh Kamenhama has both political and religious duties. The Pharaoh is a very pious man, seeking their counsel many times a day and always making time to sacrifice at least one animal to them in the Temple. It would not do for a potential wife of the Pharaoh to be disrespectful to the gods. How deep is Kissa's devotion to the gods, particularly Horus and Amen-Ra?"

"She seems to pray multiple times a day, I don't keep track but Kissa has always held a high respect for the gods." Her father answered evenly.

Haken marked "very pious" down on the scroll.
"Devotion to the country and its people drives everything the Pharaoh does. As such, he must have a wife that is loyal to him, the people, and the country in all ways. How great is Kissa's integrity? Give an example of her showing loyalty, if possible."
Haken leaned back to listen to the answer.

"there hasn't be a reason that kissa would ever need to show her loyalty to anyone." her father said after a moment of thinking.

Haken nodded a moment.
"I see. But what about her integrity? Would you describe her as an honest person that can be trusted?"
The messenger wondered why the parents had only answered one of his questions the first time.

((Sorry, I only read one question XD))

He nodded, "Aside from the one time she has always been honest with us, We haven't had to watch over her like most of the parents do their daughters in the village." he said proudly.

Back
Top Bottom