Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Assassin! (A Mafia Forum Game)

Semtex Mind

Meteorite
I haven't seen anyone attempt to run a Mafia game on the board so figured I'd give it a shot.

For those of you who don't know what it is or haven't played it before under it's many different names or incarnations, here for your reading pleasure.

http://www.wikihow.com/Play-Mafia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28party_game%29

I'd like to have at least 12 players but will be open to more or less depending.

Assassin - The city of Merstad has refused to pay tidings to the Assassin's Guild. As a result, the Assassin(s) that have been sent to infiltrate the city have been activated to extract revenge on the people.

Peasant - Average people, you have no special role but you do have a vote. The power is with the people!

Investigator - When word of the Assassins coming to town reached city officials they knew something had to be done. A Investigator was sought out to find the Assassins before it was too late, however, the townsfolk don't know who he is...which means neither do the Assassins.

Allied with the Innocents, the Investigator can detect whether a player is an Assassin. They will typically "wake up", and ask about one of the players in PM; the Narrator will indicate to the Investigator whether that player is an Assassin or Peasent. As with other roles, which player is the detective is not generally known, leaving anyone the option of pretending to be the Investigator.

Wizard - Wizards and Witches were long since hunted from the world. Those smart enough to keep their powers an abilities hidden have been able to move into normal society. With the Assassins in town, the people that once feared them need their powers of divination more then ever. Should the Assassins find out who has held onto the powers of the Arcane, they would be a prime target as a dead man tells no tales.

Wizards can determine other players' roles. Once per night the Wizard can PM the Narrator and ask what a player's role is.

Healer - If the Assassins found out you had the ability to heal, you'd surely be dead in no time. The only way to make sure you stay alive is to keep your secret.

The Healer has the option to save someone every not, whether it's themselves or someone else. At the night phase, the Healer can choose one person (Themselves included) to spare from the Assassin's blade. They can't save the same person twice in a row.

If you'd like to play, post your character's name and their role. When I have 12 people (or close to it) I'll PM everyone their roles. When we've always played we came up with names and roles for ourselves to flesh out our characters.

I.e. Sir Arnold Coldwell, a knight in the King's Army.
Tony Stark, Gold Merchant and Inventor.
Fry, Stable Boy.
ect ect ect

1. This is a game. As such, I expect everyone to obey the general rules of sportsmanlike conduct one would expect in any game, which includes following all the rules below. Keep it fun; do not harass your fellow players.

2. You may not talk outside of the thread to anyone about anything that goes on in this game, period. Whether you're dead, or they're dead, whether they are in the game or not. The only exception is if your role specifically allows it.

3. Days will last as long as they need to, within reason. A deadline may be imposed at my discretion (Usually 2 days), in the event that discussion lags severely. Prods will be more liberal when a deadline is in effect.

4. Nights will generally last about one day. They may be longer, or occasionally shorter, at my discretion.

5.Night actions may be submitted at any point during the night phase.
Votes must be in bold, in the form "vote moniker". You may vote no lynch if you so choose.

6. A majority is always required to lynch. If a deadline is imposed, and no majority is reached prior to it, the day will end with no lynch.

7. You may not, under any circumstances, edit or delete your posts. If you really need to add something to a previous post, the general tactic is to double-post. However, try to avoid doing so unless it's necessary (That's more of a forum rule than a mafia rule).

8. You may not, under any circumstances, quote any game-related PM's. Use caution when paraphrasing them. If you are unsure whether you can post something, just private message me to ask about it.

9. You may not discuss the structure of game-related PM’s. There will be a short leash on this behavior.

10. You may not post anything game-related after you die. You are allowed one short "bah" style post, but that's it. Then you're, well, dead.

11. I expect a certain level of participation out of all the players. Please post at least once every two or three days. If you will be unable to post for a longer duration than this, please state so in thread. If it's going to be an incredibly long delay, or you don't think you will be able to participate enough in the future, please request replacement. Unexcused inactivity will result in a "mod prod" for first violation, and replacement after that. If no replacements are found in a 2 days, you will be mod-killed regardless of alignment.

12. Direct correspondence from me may override any of the above rules. I will provide such correspondence publicly.

Back
Top Bottom