Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quote this...

Benen Eachann

Supernova
Your task if you chose to take is this.... find a quote and post it, and also in another language.

rules:
1. must be a well known quote and must be easily recognized.
2. Usable languages: Latin, German, French, Japanese and Spanish
3. do not say who it is from, that ruins the game.

BIG RULE
1. have fun and play nice.

how to play, guess who/what the quote is from and post one your self.
English -
"I have of late--but wherefore I know not--lost all my mirth, forgone all
custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory, this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours.
What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? man delights not me: no, nor woman neither, though by your smiling
you seem to say so.
Latin -
Ego nuper - sed nescio cur - funditus laetitia omnium subpono
more meditatione et quidem tam graviter it habitus meis hunc praeclarum corpore terrae mihi videtur esse sterile promontorium Optimam operuerunt caeli Ecce, fortissimo o'erhanging firmamentum hoc tectum majestical laqueata aureis ignem, quare non videtur aliud quam mihi turpis et pestilens multitudo vaporibus.
Quid partem opere virum! quam nobilis ratione! quam facultatem infinita! forma et movens, quam admirabile expresso! quam in actu sicut angelus! quam suspecta ut Deus species mundi SPECIMEN animalium in! Atqui mihi quid hoc ieiunia pulvere? quis me non deliciis nequaquam nec mulier Nec tamen tua subridens
videris dicere.​

The quote's from Hamlet, dude. I was like, "Fuck's this?" until "What a piece of work is man!"

Ah, Love! could thou and I with Fate conspire
To grasp thiss sorry Scheme of Things entire,
Would not we shatter it to bits -- and then
Re-mould it nearer to the Heart's Desire!

Ach, Liebe! du und ich konnte mit dem Schicksal verschwören
Um zu begreifen thiss leid Scheme of Things gesamte,
Würden wir nicht zerbrechen sie in Stücke - und dann
Re-formen sie näher an die Heart's Desire!

Also, this being a game, it will be moved to Forum Games.

Back
Top Bottom