Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Multitasking when it comes to Roleplay

Apollo-

Moon
So something that I’ve always noticed about myself is that I tend to have a much better time when only participating in a single RP. I often find if there’s multiple at the same time with me I end up having little investment in any of them. Maybe it’s just that I have trouble being emotionally invested in multiple sets of characters at the same time. I’d be curious to hear other people’s thoughts and if I’m alone I this strange problem. Do you guys have trouble with having multiple Roleplay Partners as much as I do??

It can happen, and I'll admit I'm not a stranger to the notion.

It's partly the reason I very deliberately limit myself to no more than 4 partners at any given moment - the other reason simply being time available to spend posting (no matter how enticing that RT might look...).

I enjoy a couple at a time. 3 or 4 would be too many.

Also, when it comes multitasking, I’m terrible. I turn down the volume of the tv when I respond. Need to be able to give 100% attention/thought.

I enjoy a couple at a time. 3 or 4 would be too many.

Also, when it comes multitasking, I’m terrible. I turn down the volume of the tv when I respond. Need to be able to give 100% attention/thought.
I totally feel that, I like to watch a show while I RP and I have to pause for every response or I’ll lose track of both the show and writing. Sometimes I’ll forget then I’ll read back what I wrote and it’s like “oh god what 14 year old wrote this garbage”

I love multiple fandoms, and so I pursue multiple fandoms based on available time (considerate of partners who already wait a considerably long time for me), and need (but the hunger for new worlds, perspectives, and opportunities is never-ending).

However, if I enter a universe with a partner, I usually close off that world to other people. It's easier for me to enter a universe with one overarching conflict and relationships in mind, instead of juggling them between two or three others.

I don't have trouble with it that way.

I can personally manage two stories at the same time. The story needs to 'live' in my head and it seems that there's only ever space for two stories in my mind. I also don't want to be be / feel stressed about owing people replies, so I'll stick to my two stories at a time. :)

Back
Top Bottom