Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Examples of "good" RPs here and the difference between requests threads and game threads

Wapato

Moon
So I'm new here and have been poking around the forum. I was quite impressed by the posts in the female request threads.

In case you haven't looked, they can be quite the production. Not just elaborate descriptions of plot ideas, but fun with graphics and showing off mastery of BBCode or whatever works on this forum.

Often they also read like a job posting, where you're going to need to provide an RP résumé, a portfolio of writing samples, and a declaration not to ghost.

I figured I'd better spend a little time looking at the resulting game threads, to see what good writing looks like here.

However the game threads seem to very frequently be shorter than the request threads, both in number of characters and number of replies. A relatively small percentage of the threads get over 100 replies, and it seems to be some extremely prolific RP couples here that generate most of those as the same pairs generate long RP after long RP.

So I guess I'm wondering what's going on?

If you don't have thoughts in general. I'm also interested if folks could point out some RPs or posts that really scratched their itch. Even if the game only lasted a couple dozen posts.

Last edited:
The thing you are missing here, is not everyone writes in the actual game threads. A lot of people I have written with prefer PM's as it is easier to keep track of and some prefer the privacy. So you really are not getting the full story of what happens around here.

And with that said, also is that even once you find a writing partner to write with they may not always work out. So that tends to be some of the story for shorter threads. Then there is if it is long or short term they were going for. Or if life in general gets in the way. While a good majority of people on here would like to write a long term, with a great partner unfortunately that can be harder to happen. I know myself I can disappear for a while, and I can also just not enjoy something I had been writing anymore. Moods change.

I am lucky that I do have one partner who we have stuck together for several years now, both of us spending long amount of time away. But we know that the other will get in a reply when they can, and we have a few stories we are working on. And sometimes add in another one if the inspiration hits. We kind of know each other now, are comfortable with one another and generally know that we work well together. So being able to keep coming back to that is nice, and kind of something to depend on. Especially with a hobby, that in a lot of ways can be really tough and fickle.

So that is probably why you are not seeing what you were expecting to see around here. This place isn't the best place to find RP's to read over.

Back
Top Bottom