Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Building a Vampire the Masquerade community - looking for members to help with in-progress work

yDi4vCM.png

• You can smell it. You can feel it. You can hear it call, the rattling of chains from within, a deep growl from unending darkness from the confines of your being.

Blood.

It seeks it. It needs it. You can sense the countless of generations echoing through your mind, like subconscious and intrusive thoughts that guide you through this dark unlife.

You are no longer what you were. This is your third fall from grace, ever since Adam and Eve were banished from Eden and after Caine murdered his brother Abel, you are just another fruit that rolled away from the tree and was picked by another serpent of deceit and deception into a graceless existence.

You are now... An apex predator among humanity. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Something that in the ancient times people worshipped out of fear and now you're nothing but another piece on the chessboard, guided by an invisible hand that leads your fate.

You are a vampire.

Welcome home, Kindred. Don't get too comfortable, for we all were birthed from betrayal.

This is an invitation to all people who are fans of dark supernatural, horror and undoubtedly at times - taboo content.

While this is based on the existing universe of World of Darkness: Vampire the Masquerade and this is mainly going to cater to the fans, I also fully intend to attract other people who are fans of such content, who want to dip their fingers into a vast and developing universe where their characters can interact with others, leave their own footprint in the story.

I intend for this group to be more than just a group roleplay, but a small community of people that enjoy treating roleplay as a gaming experience - immersion coupled with like-minded individuals who are there for the shared reasons. You will be able to create as many characters as you want (as long as you follow the character sheet rules) and interact with the environment and story. Most importantly, players will have the opportunity to suggest their ideas and wishes to be added into the universe and story and I'll see what I can do to mold and fit it in the universe.

And best of all, you will be able to have 1x1 roleplays in the group with other applicants to develop your own side-stories that may even impact the overarching story itself.

This not just a group roleplay. This is a virtual space where your actions will leave a mark. So best be careful, because your actions will have consequences.

Important to note: I am happy to accept people who are more than just looking for roleplays. Editors, experienced story tellers and world builders, people knowledgeable about World of Darkness in general and whoever wishes to help me in these endeavors.
  • Considering that I am the creator of the (upcoming) group and it would be impossible to join without speaking to me first, I figured that its important for me to introduce myself. I think every player wants to know that they don't need to fret around the admin or feel like they can't be friends. As much as my aesthetic seems a little dark, I am actually more colorful than I led on. When it comes to online spaces, I am here just for creative enjoyment and talking to other writers. In short - I like to have a good time. This is a hobby and the only thing I will take seriously is the work that I will put in. As for anything else, It's all shits and giggles.

I was an admin to a big-ish Vampire the Masquerade group in the past that was active (and by active I mean on a daily basis) and lasted for a couple of days. I had a lot of help from members who were "promoted" to admins, mods and story tellers, and we created an amazing space for ourselves and characters. We had light-hearted side-stories, basically would make absolute comedy out of everything until it would be time for the story teller to sit everyone down and crush their hopes and dreams with dramatic roleplays and even some character deaths. It was a big world and a happy community.

Unfortunately life got to everyone during covid and I had to remove the group as no one really looked after it anymore, which left me with a lot of fond memories. I am now finally ready to turn up my creative and story teller juices to start anew and hope to create something fun that we will all enjoy.

Most important thing about me is that I love input from people. Whether we are just 1x1 writers or I'm an admin, I love hearing ideas and desires from players and nothing would make me happier to make it real in writing. I love to communicate and be on top of things whenever I am able to, and I find it that its important for everyone to have an enjoyable experience and to have their moments where they have a spotlight on them.

If you have any questions about me that you'd like to know before applying, I'm an open book. I am looking to make friends just as much you are.

On the other hand, my activity is a little bit sparse. I'm around most of the week, but during the weekends I am not online. Generally during the weekdays I will be around after work unless I have some responsibilities.
  • Current rules:
    These will be expanded on or changed as we go, for now these are both OOC and IC rules.

• All characters that will be involved in violent and sexual scenarios must be 18+ years of age. Underage characters are allowed, but not in any scenario that could be considered abusive in any sense. A 3000 year old vampire who is actually a 13 year old girl should be treated as an underaged character, period.
    • Always stick to the lore and rules of the universe.
    • Keep things civil. During OOC it's best to avoid sensitive topics (politics and other triggering topics) because this is just a writing group, those discussions can be taken anywhere else.
    • Respect boundaries and communicate them.
    • Characters will be held responsible for their actions.
    • Vampire characters cannot be older than 250 years. This rule will change in the future and the number will get bigger, but for the start, I wanted to keep it simple with no overpowering characters. And yes, a 250 year old vampire is actually not that powerful in this universe.
    • If you're unsure, if you have any questions or have something to report on, you can always ask me. I am more than happy to help!

Plans and ideas:
    I have many. But for now, I have decided to keep it simple and take bite sized chunks so I don't bite more than I can chew and end up suffocating on unfinished projects

• The story: The story takes place in the modern world as we know it today, our first location taking place in Los Angeles. Humans live their normal day-to-day lives, completely unaware of how much the world actually changes when the sun goes down. Lately things have been more intense in the world of Kindred, as there's this deep and foreboding feeling of impending doom. Some may even call it the Final Nights, but apocalpyse aside, there have been some strange signs that would be greatly concerning and one of the signs was the fact that there have been more appearances of Thin-Bloods as of late. This can mean only one thing - the blood potency of Kindred is thinning with each Embrace. After years of hunting the Thin-Bloods down, shoving them away from vampire society, their numbers slowly started to rise, which would mean that they would begin to present a bigger threat than before, and serve as a reminder that, despite the Kindred's immortality, it would seem that their time is slowly ticking. This is just part of the idea that I had for the story, I do plan to implement more. The overall feeling and aesthetic will base a lot around the Bloodlines game, but it will have its own original content.

• The characters: Players will be allowed to make three following types of characters - humans, ghouls and vampires. Each of them will have their set of rules on how they will function in the universe, each will have their perks and flaws, as well as their own systems. As for the vampires, they have different Clans or subcategories of vampires, each having different perks, traits and sets of powers (also including how their Clan affects their appearance) and for the beginning of this group, I will include the OGs as the playable clans first: Brujah, Gangrel, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Tremere, Toreador and Ventrue, and as an added bonus, Thin-Bloods will also be playable, as they will be somewhat the center of this story. Other clans will be added as we go. Depending on how well-versed you are with the lore of VtM, players can take bigger roles such as Princes and Barons, leaders of different factions and driving roles to the sub-stories, etc. Humans however will have way more selective roles and certain limitations in the story. They will need to have an arc that will lead them into the World of Darkness whether they become ghouls or vampires, or perhaps later down the line they become hunters. Hunters are most likely going to be next installment. But more on that when time comes.

• Details about character sheets: Each character will have the necessary details included about them as every other character sheet, but in this group there will be additional information such as: is this character open for smut and NSFW content, kinks that the character is into and if this character is killable whenever you allow it to happen, and other possible specific information which may be crucial.

• Roleplay edition: If you're familiar with the many releases of the lore updates throughout the decades of VtM, I have decided to stick to the good old revised edition. I do not support White Wolf's biggoted elements, I am only here for the psychologically dark content and playing monsters in human's skin where brutality and horror is to be expected. In the V5, the monstrous nature of the vampires had been lost and I have been quite disappointed with how vanilla it became.

• The system: I plan on including dice rolls, character sheets with points in attributes, abilities, as well as after some games ran by the game master will reward your characters with a new point. However, it is currently freeform as I am more focused on building the plot/lore/side characters etc.

• Locations: I do plan opening up other cities and locations, but for the beginning it will take place in Los Angeles. I will include descriptions of certain locations such as clubs, motels, bars and other establishments that will be points that will be visited in roleplays, where you will also have your own input. Your characters can even be owners of certain establishments where characters who come to your domain will have to come in contact with your character. You will have a set of reasonable rules in your domains that others will need to adhere to.

• Roleplays within the group: You can have as many roleplays with whoever you want in the group, building relationships with other characters, developing your character's story on the side that is unrelated to the overarching plot and you won't have to do bigger group roleplays and events that are covering the overarching plot of the universe. As long as your side-story roleplays follow the rules of the universe, you're welcome to do as you wish (but remember that there will be consequences regardless if its a side-story or not). You are also allowed to have smut in your roleplays, as long as it stays marked that it contains NSFW content within it.

• Factions: Naturally, the tension between Camarilla, Anarchs and Sabbat will exist. I fully intend to add in more of Sabbat here, focus on the beastly nature of vampires, while Camarilla will hold their lavish courts and etiquette games as the Anarchs are planning their fight in the meantime. You will get to choose on whose side you're on, each faction having their own set of rules, plots and vibes, it will build and break relationships. Or your character can be like a Fool's card, someone not to be trusted by either of the three parties, playing by their own rules. While you can choose in which faction you belong it, it doesn't mean that you need to stay there forever... Drama and intrigue are a big part of storytelling, and nothing is as good as betrayal and death.

• Listening to your suggestions: Two or more minds are better than one. I am always willing to listen and give open doors for other possibilities, as I know for a fact that there are other experienced geniuses who can only add to the experience. If I successfully manage to get a number of members, I will make a discord server for us.

So far, this is all I came up with and are my current primary focus. I will be working on the group here in BMRP, mainly focusing on implementing important details. I will announce when I'm ready to include characters that you can apply.
  • You will apply as a player first, after which you're free to make character sheets after I set up rules on character creation. The plan is that you'll make the character sheet and will wait for my approval before you'd be able to use the character in roleplays. This is still a fresh beginning and a perfect opportunity for you to come at the very start and slowly be a part of what may be something great.

In order for you to apply as a member of the group, you will have to send me a DM with next information:

• Little about yourself as a writer: How long you've been writing, what inspires you, your posting frequency, what interests you, etc. I am also open to hear your opinions and suggestions for the group.
    • A writing sample: There will be a standard when it comes to writing. The more skill you show in your writing sample, the better.
    • Familiarity with the universe: I am currently looking for people who are already familiar with VtM as I would need a little bit of help and input in building this, because it will be faster when I get some help.
    • Do you want to offer something to the group?: You don't need to be a player interested in roleplays, but if you see a potential in what I want to accomplish here and you want to offer help, you're more than welcome. It can be editing, story telling, world building, etc. If you just want to be a part of the story, let me know!

This is where I'm leaving this lengthy introduction to the group. It's still undergoing editing and lore building as I speak, but after I get at least two members who are interested in joining, I will be opening the group on BMRP with all the stuff that I have made!

I am looking forward to hearing from fellow Kindred spirits!

Back
Top Bottom