Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can people I ignore see my posts?

@littlelovelost
While it's not ideal – current mode makes you more secure, while could feel less secure. Guests can still see most of the forums and alt accounts can. So if ignore feature simply hidden items from specific authenticated user it would only create security theatre. Person behind said account can still have access to items.
Personally, I prefer the out of sight out of mind method. It's better for me and helps me manage my own experience. It's also the standard.

Edited to expand: If I feel uncomfortable with something another player has said or done to me, I should have the ability to BLOCK them. They can't see me, I can't see them. Whether they can see my online activity as a guest or an alt account is not really something I'm going to waste my time or energy on, I just want to be able to cut all sight or thought of them from my every day usage. That's what helps me deal and what keeps me from dipping out. I get the impression a few other players feel similarly, particularly ladies.

Personally, I prefer the out of sight out of mind method. It's better for me and helps me manage my own experience. It's also the standard.

Edited to expand: If I feel uncomfortable with something another player has said or done to me, I should have the ability to BLOCK them. They can't see me, I can't see them. Whether they can see my online activity as a guest or an alt account is not really something I'm going to waste my time or energy on, I just want to be able to cut all sight or thought of them from my every day usage. That's what helps me deal and what keeps me from dipping out. I get the impression a few other players feel similarly, particularly ladies.
Very much so! I wish the ignore would Harry Potter poof them and keep myself hidden. I can dream

Gotcha. Yeah, I believe it is a standard, the mode when ignored party can still see you called Mute on Twitter and other platforms.

Back
Top Bottom