Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lucky Coin Pub ( Pirate pub open rp)

RavenStorm

Super-Earth
This scene is set near the end of timeline that group thread is set in. The empire is still standing and has various colonies though some may hold rebellious intent. However no amount of ships can attack land strongholds. Inspire rebellion? maybe, damage trade? absolutely but that battle between pirates/ rebels versus the king is still going though like history a pardon has been sent to get all that wish it off the seas free. As for Lucky well he had gathered his fleet and even managed to get the head of the pirate fleets to agree to work together on an alliance to resist the king before his crew went separate ways and his own wife Lisa who he took on his adventure for a bit convinced him to settle on land and try to make an honest living. They compromised as he settled in Munchester and using some of the treasure the alliance trusted him guard bought a pub where she could cook and he can pretend he knew more than how to drink acholol. The secret was that the pub was a front for fellow sailors or rebels to stop to rest as well as plan there next move as they checked on the beloved legend that was Lucky. It is said if you know the right phrases you could find aid to help you if you were a friend of the cause. Alright that's the set up.lol as its open any character is welcome to stop by to hang out for a bit and bring in story. I appreciate characters set in the same theme but if you bring fantasy or other far off worlds well work around it.

Raven woke up one morning the sun of an Irish morning shining on him. He would say it was a beautiful morning, but it was rainy as usual as a light mist fell down the bustling streets. He went down to greet the small plump woman that was his wife. Long brown hair falling down her neck with brilliant blue eyes and charming smile meeting him. Though she seemed sweet and kind he knew she was a deadly woman as one had to be catch his like and between her wiccan craft and her own strength she could bully even him into getting in line if need be. He moved to give her a kiss and a hug as he asked her if she was ready for the day though their place rarely got many customers being on the more shady side of town while the more friendly looking places got more business but it didn't seem to bother her any as long as she could cook for people and keep him on land. He than went to front bar and opened up for the day before checking his stock. He had the classic whiskey and beers of Ireland as well the lovely mix of rum from the Caribbean that his regulars usually wanted but he also smuggled in liquor from other lands weather it be Vodka made from potatoes form the north, the sweet tequila from the hot lands and even something called moonshine that the new colonies had started to make. He chuckled shaking his head before going to sit at the bar humming a favorite toon.

Arriving in town just minutes ahead of dawn, Hazard glanced about casually at the misty streets with a serene gaze, as he closed the spatial gateway behind himself. Reality hopping is quite handy, but prone to many risks and dangers if one is not careful. Seeing the slow start to the day in the small town caused the Atomic Mage to smile faintly at his luck. 'The fact that the streets currently occupy relatively few people due to the early hour is very fortunate, indeed, considering I'd have had to use illusion magic or invisibility to get into this sleepy little place otherwise.' Hazard thinks as he walks calmly down the street, adjusting his sharp custom grey suit and his platinum blond hair in the process, right down to straightening his tie. An old habit he performed robotically at this point, which wasn't going away any time soon.

Spotting the pub as he passed the doorway on the other side of the stone road, Hazard quirked a slim eyebrow and grinned as he read the name of the place. "The Lucky Coin, eh? This the local watering hole then? Well, I think I'll just drop in for a few drops of whiskey or a couple pints of rum. Who knows? I might even have fun meeting a local, or get into a stereotypical bar brawl with a Joe thrice my size. Or, I could just catch a buzz. Let's roll the dice!" The somewhat unhinged mage said to himself cheekily, only partly joking. He'd been through too much to count anything out, after all.

Stepping through the doorway and into the pub proper, Hazard waltzed lazily up to the bar, scanning the joint with his glowing green eyes and a hint of curious enthusiasm in his voice as he called out to the barkeep. "Ey, any chance a guy could get some whiskey straight? Just leave the bottle and a mug, and I'd be much obliged. Thank you kindly."

(Note: just to be clear, italicized sentences like the one above are Hazard's inner thoughts.)

Raven looked up from checking the bar as he looked at the stranger coming in. He didn't seem the usual type to come in but his missus always told him that if they were going to run a real business he couldn't just cater to faces he knew. So he put on his best smile and walked to the bar. ' that will be five gold dubloons or an fair trade" he spoke grabbing a bottle of Irish whiskey and a glass but waited to get his pay before putting the bottle in front of the wandering stranger.

Back
Top Bottom