Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

PHP files for role-play ideas?

Deadsexy

Seeking dark snuff plays..
I had someone contact me (who has over 800 posts on the site) requesting to play, no issue with that, however in the signature line is a link to role-playing ideas which one would assume would take you to a request thread, in this instance though it tries to download a .PHP file to my laptop which may or may not be safe.

Is this a link gone bad? or something else? Should I inform a mod to be on the safe side?

If it's a link somewhere on-site, that means your browser is caching it for some reason. I had an issue with the forum's configuration awhile back and things got confused.

Open up the inspector in your browser (ctrl+shift+i), click on the network tab, click on 'disable cache', and try to load it.

If that works, reenable caching and things should be normal from there.

If it still doesn't work, and is on-site, send me the link.

If it's off-site, that is an issue the admin of that site will need to resolve.

It is annoying, but not particularly dangerous.

Thanks, that didn't change anything, so I'll send you the link and details..

This happened to me too at one point and looking at the url of their link, it was very different to what the url's look like if you navigate yourself to any thread on the forum.
Thread url's right now look like this: https://bluemoonroleplaying.com/community/threads/[thread ID]/
But if the url looks like this: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=[thread ID]
The browser tries to save the page as a PHP file when you try to open the link.
I'm assuming it has something to do with some old change in the way the site works?

Yes that's pretty well what's happening but only with the one link, every other in site link seems to work., It could be the link needs to updated or something, but my initial concern was the possibility it could have been something a little more sinister,

...yeah those redirects are five years old. I had completely forgotten about them when creating the new security apparatus for the site >_>

I will have to fix it later today. Thank you.

These should now be working properly, let me know if not. >_>

Tested a handful and they all work as they should now.

f8ce39769359522e24a1f24055558f15.gif

Back
Top Bottom