Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fated Duel (A Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds short story)

What do you think?

• Pretty good!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could be better, but not bad

• Pretty meh

• Terrible

• Total voters

Razgriz

Shall we write beautiful stories together?
Supporter
PART 1: ROSE WITCH, DEVIL DRAGON​

The air was silent and still. Like it was all one giant glass pane, and the slightest movement, the slightest sound...Would cause it all to shatter. Wisps of black fog rolled through the empty streets, cards and abandoned Duel Disks lying everywhere in this desolate place. Silhouettes were burned into some of the surrounding walls. For those that lived here prior, it was nothing they hadn't seen...But for one particular individual, her amber eyes widened as her pumps clicked along the broken walkways. The sounds of her footsteps would normally be masked by the ambient chatter of the Satellite's poor...But there was no one here. The environment seemed to quiver before her, the winds themselves freezing in her presence...And yet despite so much quiet, it was almost deafening.

"What happened here?" the red-headed woman murmured; she shuddered to think it might be him. Divine's newest 'acquisition', one she had hand-delivered to the man personally, and had now been asked to retrieve. What had even happened to him? She had fought alongside him, helped him control his abilities....And now he went and did this? Why?

A frustrated sigh left her lips, hands agitatedly smoothing out the hem of her trenchcoat. Even with the reconstruction efforts, the Satellite itself was still a hovel. She felt for the people who were forced to live here under Goodwin's tyranny, but her loyalty was to Arcadia first. And would be for the foreseeable future.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

And just like, a loud yell shattered the silence; Akiza took off in as much of a sprint as she could without a second's hesitation. Another series of yells then broke out where she heard the first one, causing her to duck into a nearby alley, her latent abilities starting to sense a heavy presence further ahead. A familiar one. A slight gasp left her as her foot tripped up on a piece of loose pavement, her left hand-glove getting a slight marring as she broke her near-fall. A low inaudible curse left her, soon picking up speed, that heavy darkness creeping around her more and more...As well as a deepening chill, causing her nipples to stiffen and her breath to tighten as the cold slowly took a hold over her. But she shrugged it off and pressed onward, and after a hard left, she emerged into a plaza....And found the source of the dark aura.

A lone Security officer laid on his back, his arms bracing his upper body as he looked up in sheer terror; a massive red-skinned and armored dragon - twin long neck sporting heads lined with razor-sharp teeth sprouting from a tooth-lined torso, eyes on the head and on its middle glowing like devilish stars - slithered on its tail-like lower half. A boy with shaggy black hair, dressed in ragged clothing consisting of a black heel-length coat, grey shirt, blue jeans and overly-worn sneakers, all of which had innumberable holes in them, stood between the officer and the dragon, his gunmetal eyes staring at the former as he faced the officer.

"M-Monster...What the hell...ARE YOU!?!" the officer shouted, his own Disk broken; all around the pair, cards and Disks were strewn. A battle was had here...And it seemed the ratty-looking boy had won. His uniform was covered in soot, a nasty gash above his eye leaking blood. His body wanted to move, wanted to RUN....But the utter fear coursing through his veins turned his muscles to stone. So frozen in terror he could not move....Only speak.

"I think what you said describes me perfectly: a monster. That's all you've ever called me. It's not enough your people shot my father...Not enough my mother succumbed to sickness shortly after I was born. You've denied my humanity my entire life....So, I figured: Screw it. I don't have anything left in this world. Anyone. You made sure of that." the boy replied, a cold but brimming anger lacing every syllable. A yellow mark, seemed to resemble a claw wound scar, glowed on his left cheek, extending above his eye to down past his jaw. A sign of his status as a branded criminal. His transgression? Existing. Having to steal just to put food on the table. Having these FUCKING POWERS!

"Y-You can't stop us...from catching you...Kuroi." the officer tried to quip bravely, a snarl leaving the young man before him as the dragon also growled from its twin heads, each coming to rest just above the boy's thin shoulders. "You had me outmanned 10 to 1....Now your little friends are dust in the wind. And I'm sick of your whimpering, dog. Beelze....Rip him to shreds. And make it painful."

The officer's mouth hung up as the dragon neared, its twin sets of jaws starting to salivate as little tongues of black flame escaped. "N-No....No you can't! You keep that thing away from me!" the officer pleaded, 'Kuroi' seeming to just glare in silence as the dragon heads lunged....

"BLACK ROSE DRAGON!"

A feminine voice cut through the air, a dragon appearing in front of the man and breathing violet flames. The other dragon heads roaring as they fell back, the officer stunned by the interruption; but then he saw it: A woman had appeared, his expression slack with exhausted surprise and relief. "YOU! GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!" she barked, the man seeming to finally get some energy to his limbs as he bolted away. The other dragon flailed before its necks and heads slammed into nearby structures, the heavy debris crashing down around it and seeming to bury it....For now.

And here and now, the boy and the woman just stared at each other, her dragon seeming to vanish as she slid a white-bordered card off her Duel Disk into a side pocket on her hip. "Akiza....Should have figured you would track me down." the boy remarked edgily, a venomous undertone permeating his speech. "Akashi....Divine-sama had said you were running rampant around here. After all the work we did....Why did you do this?" Akashi couldn't help but give a low snort of derision, "Are you seriously going to lecture me? After you turned those Duelists in the Fortune Cup into charcoal briquettes?"

Akiza pursed her lips, "I didn't kill them." to which Akashi replied heatedly, "You might as well have! Some of them were so badly burned and broken they're going to be in traction for months!" Akiza shook her head, "I was following Divine-sama's orders! Like you! It was for the good of Arcadia! Our home! The ONLY place we could ever be safe! You remember...Don't you? When I found you that first day, you were on Death's doorstep. You fought Sal...KILLED him because he threatened to rob you of your last piece of humanity. To have you sold as a slave! OR WORSE! And it nearly took your life! Why do you reject us now, after everything we both endured getting your powers under control?!"

Akashi snarled, "That's your problem right there; you assumed I would be like you: A loyal lapdog that wouldn't dare question the Master. But I learned the truth: Compared to you, the rest of us at that place are nothing. We're disposable. Replaceable." Akiza's hands balled into fists, "THAT'S NOT TRUE! HE LOVES US ALL! CARES FOR US ALL! HE WANTS US TO BE STRONG SO WE CAN DEFEND OURSELVES! HE WANTS US PSYCHICS TO HAVE A VOICE, A PRESENCE! DIVINE-SAMA FEELS THE SAME OF YOU!" Her voice then lowered as she took a shaking breath, feeling her own power starting to strain the binds of her own conscious containment, "Please...Divine-Sama isn't mad. I can help you as I have done. Just come home, Akashi."

The young man honestly couldn't believe this bitch; what kind of fucking idiot did she think he was?! "The only way you're taking me back...." he said, a violent maelstrom of Psychic energy starting to whip up around him, cracking and breaking the air as he screamed, "IS IN A BODY BAG!" The gray of his eyes was now a blistering red, that same red-armored dragon from before bursting from the rubble pile and screaming so loud from its gaping maws that Akiza had to cover her ears. This Akashi, he had severe anger issues stemming from the trauma he endured at the hand of his own abilities...And now they were coming out in full.

"Akashi, wait!" Akiza said; damn it, she'd been instructed to bring him back alive! But she could feel it: He was intent on either dying at her hand or living by destroying her! "NO...NO MORE FUCKING GAMES! EITHER KILL ME NOW OR GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!" Akashi shouted, 'Beelze' seeming to focus its latent rage-filled eyes on the red-headed woman.

And it was here that Akiza made a move of her own: She slid a card into her Disk, Deep Dark Trap Hole. A sinkhole formed under Beelze, trapping the beast as the earth as it roared before falling away. "AHHH!" Akashi shouted, a searing migraine washing over him as he fell to his knees, blood starting to spill from his nose and ears as the Psychic backlash hit him like a freight train. Akiza let out a few small breaths, tucking the card back away. "Akashi, don't make me do this...." she asked, trying to keep this as civil as possible.

Akashi, however, seemed to have no intention of backing down, pushing himself back to his feet, wiping his nose with the sleeve of his tattered dusty coat. A hateful expression on his face, "I already gave you my answer, bitch. I'm only going to back to that cozy jail dead. Besides....I've gotten a LOT stronger my time there. You already had trouble with me before...But I was holding back then because I had thought maybe you were different. Maybe I had found someone who actually gave a fuck...But of course, just like these gangbanger dickbags, I was duped. Fooled into thinking I could ever trust anyone."

And that was her in, something she realized he would need: A validation of his skill. He had been tested before...and crushed just about everyone he had been put up against. "Then....Let's wager. Divine-sama's forces are legion, Akashi. You know this as well as I, and he'll never stop hounding you. He'll just send more...And more....and more.....He'll wear you down. Akashi....Duel me. No tricks. If I win...You come back....If I lose, you disappear. He will never find you again."

Akashi seemed to pause; wasn't she so dead-set on getting him back? Why would she give him an out? Unless....His fists clenched, teeth grit as he said "You lousy bitch! You don't I can take you?!" Akiza grimaced; crap, maybe that wasn't the best way to word her request. "No...Listen, I'm saying that if you beat me...I'll...find some way to get Divine to lose track of you. There are tricks I can do even he doesn't know about. I can tell...Something is bothering you. And if you're going to be this distrustful, maybe Arcadia isn't the right solution...But you won't survive out here if you keep targeting civilians! I understand you had it rough! Believe me I do! But this....This isn't what your parents would want for you! Arcadia can be your home...You just need to give it a chance!"

Akashi wanted to bite her head off....Somewhat quite LITERALLY. But....Even in his angered state, he knew she was right: Only a show of force would get Divine to leave him be. And if it meant cutting down his prized pet? Even fucking better.

"Fine then...." Akashi said, sliding on the crappy Gen-1 disk he had used from the beginning. And funnily enough: The pair had actually wound up where they had first met. Where she had helped him escape from a Security trap after he roasted that fat pig Sal. "But just remember.....You asked for this...." A tense stare-down began between the pair after they walked to the center of the broken plaza, the clouds darkening overhead as their own latent whirled and mixed in the air....

The air whipped up between the two, golden amber meeting crimson red in a staredown to see who might blink force. Both Akiza and Akashi raised their arms holding their Duel Disks before them, the virtual systems linking as their cards were shuffled.

"DUEL!"

They declared simultaneously, five cards each pulled from the top of their respective Decks. Akiza and Akashi knew this about the other: They were strong. The two very best below Divine himself, and her? Despite his training, her aid in helping control his otherwise wild powers, she was still stronger than him. But this was it: Either herself or another would be sent after him if he just kept running. He needed to make this stand if he would ever get his freedom.

And he also knew Akiza was too loyal to Divine to see the truth: Everyone in that Arcadia building apart from herself and Divine was a sacrificial pawn. He did wish he could make her see it...But he had no proof, nothing tangible apart from the notes he'd stolen from Divine's office. And that bastard of a man destroyed them, nearly destroyed him before he used his abilities get out. And now here he was: Forced to fight one last time.

This was to be a showdown of the century, and one could only pray the Satellite could withstand the coming force.

**TO BE CONTINUED**​

Last edited:
PART 2: CLASHING WISHES, BURNING HEARTS​

Akiza watched Akashi for a few moments, then asked, "Akashi...Whatever's going through your head...You've been angry before, but not like this. What happened to you?" Akashi just snorted and looked away, "Stop pretending like you care. You're just here to retrieve your Master's precious property. So go on...Take the first move." Akiza's eyes narrowed, but then just said "Fine...My turn! I draw!"

She took the top card from her Deck and only then looked at what she held; good, she thought. She could use this to build an offensive position and block his positioning. She couldn't afford to give a single inch in this Duel.

"I activate the Field Magic, Black Garden!"

Sliding it into the side slot of her Disk, the ground cracked and split, jet-black vines covered in razor-sharp thorns broke and ensnared the surrounding area. Instantly forming a cage around the pair, the two now trapped within a briar-like bramble. A statue of grey stone sitting in the middle of the field, seeming to depict a faun in mid-stride. "This card..." Akashi snarled, Akiza only remarking, "I won't be like the others you faced at Arcadia, Akashi; I know better than to underestimate you. I activate the Magic Card, Rose Bell of Revelation, and use its effect to add Queen of Roses, the Stately Angel from my Deck to my hand."

After showing the card she pulled, she then continued, "I then activate the Permanent Magic, Blessed Card Plant! During my turn, I can Special Summon a Plant Token for each card added to my hand, so I'll Special Summon two of them!" Two little imps appeared on her field, seeming to be nothing more than clumps of green grass with eyeballs. "Now for Garden's effect! A Rose Token is Special Summoned to your field in Attack Position, and my Tokens have their ATK halved." Vines constricted around both of her Tokens, their ATK falling and a giant blossom appearing on Akashi's field. "I then release both Plant Tokens to Advance Summon Queen of Roses from my hand!"

A column of light then appeared, both of her monsters vanishing as a third descended from on high. Wings wrapped around its form before a booted foot touched the floor to reveal a rather attractive woman, her wings now widespread and seeming to be made of rose petals themselves. "A Level 7.....But it still falls victim to your own Field Magic..." Akashi commented coldly, Queen Angel becoming constricted by the black vines of this hellish garden and a second bloom appearing, the angelic monster seeming unfazed even as her strength was cut. "She's far stronger than you think. I activate the Equipment Magic, Rose Shield, and grant Queen of Roses its gift." A silvery buckler appeared, attaching itself to the angelic creature's forearm.

"Now Rose Shield's effect: Once per turn, I can inflict 300 damage to my opponent for each card in my hand. 3 cards means 900 damage." Akiza's monster then raised her wielded blade, three slashes of light connecting with Akashi's lithe body as it was swung down, streaks of red appearing as the attack literally cut his body, his clothes lacerated from the strike. His Life Points falling to 3100, a grimace on his face. "I then Set three cards face-down. Turn End." Akiza would say, making Akashi glare at her.

"Don't give me that look; you said it best: I indeed asked for this, but you also accepted it. I don't want to hurt you, but I won't let you run about in a rage any longer." Akiza remarked seeing his hateful gaze, Akashi just remarking, "Shut it. My turn, I draw!" His own hand wasn't the best...But he would make it work.

"I activate the Magic, Dealings with Dark World! We both draw one card, then discard one of our choice." Once both did, Akashi then declared, "I activate the effect of Makyura the Destructor in my Cemetery. When it's sent to the Cemetery, I can activate Trap Cards from my hand this turn." Akiza's eyes narrowed; crap, she forgot he managed to actually bolster his meager Deck before he managed to escape. "I activate the Permanent Trap Card, Card-Sealing Pin of Thorns. The second card on your right, I declare unusable!" Akiza rebuked, black-thorned vines crossing over the declared card, the spikes digging into Akashi's fingers and making blood seep down his skin and onto the ground...And yet he didn't lose grip. Akashi's eyes went to the card, a slight smirk, "Well....Guess you are as good as you say. You managed to pick a Trap Card, but you also gave me some help too." He then turned over a card, "I use your Pin of Thorns as a cost to Special Summon the Tuner monster, Trap Eater, from my hand."

Akiza recoiled as her Trap was consumed, a devious and rather ugly bug-eyed and thick-lipped monster appearing on Akashi's field. "I then activate the Magic Card, Foolish Burial, to send my Trick Daemon from my Deck to the Cemetery. And when she gets sent this way, I can add any "Daemon" card from my Deck to my hand, and I'll choose my Equipment Magic, Daemon's Axe." He then pulled another card, "And, I'll go ahead and use the Trap you tried to seal away. The Trap Card, Daemon's Roar, allows me to pay 500 LP to Special Summon a "Daemon" monster from my Cemetery. There's only one, so Trick Daemon comes back." A smaller imp-like creature, the top half of its head covered in a skull mask and the rest of its thin figure covered in ragged-looking red clothing, long violet locks shifting in the breeze as Akashi's Life Points dropped further to 2600.

"You called out a strong monster....So let me return the favor. Level 4 Trap Eater tunes Level 3 Trick Daemon! Synchro Summon! Descend! Heavenly King - Black Highlander!" And just like Akiza's monster before, this monster descended in a column of light, but this light was black as pitch and coursed with lightning, before long shattering apart to reveal a heavily-armored scythe-wielding demon, its black cloak billowing as it touched down.

"Akashi....You realize my Field affects your monsters too, right?" Akiza asked, Highlander straining as its massive form was wrapped about in the black vines that ensnared her own monster, a rose blossom appearing on Akiza's field. "Duh...No shit." Akashi snarled, adding "Besides, his abilities will make up for it. Once per turn, I can destroy all Equipment Magics on your field, and you take 400 damage for each one. From me....To YOU." Akashi's Highlander raised its scythe, black energy coursing along its edge before it shattered her Rose Shield, Akiza not even flinching as her Life fell to 3600, nor did a scratch mar her figure. A testament to her true might as a Psychic Duelist.

"Next, while this guy is on the field, you can't Synchro Summon. At all. Which means your shitty little Black Rose might as well be locked in a deep cage." Akashi continued, Highlander raising its scythe once more before delivering a strike to the ground, the kanji for 'Death' appearing on Akiza's field. And despite this crippling lock, she seemed unfazed. "You played this before....If we were back in Arcadia, you would be praised for such ruthlessness." Akiza quipped, Akashi's face hardening even more as he shouted, "Stop saying that! Highlander, destroy Queen of Roses! Dark Judgment!"

His massive monster charged forward, scythe pulled back to cleave Queen Angel in two, but Akiza would have other plans. "Reverse Card, Open! Rose Barrier Force! I exclude the Rose Witch from my Cemetery to destroy your Attack Position monsters!" she would declare, one of her Set cards flipping face-up upon her announcement. At this, the spirit of her monster quickly appearing before it burst into a barrier of rose petals and searing light. "Like hell you will! I activate the Counter-Trap, Destruction Jammer, from my hand! I discard one card to negate your Trap and destroy it!" The barrier fell away, dispersed as a column of black fire burst from the played card, her barrier blown away as his monster's weapon and her monster's own clashed, before long Queen Angel being overpowered, a pained scream leaving her as she was cut in two, reducing Akiza's life by another 200, now done to 3400. And yet still no reaction, something that pissed the young man off to no end. His teeth bared, those red-hued eyes glaring with such contempt one might think he would murder her here and now.

He had only one card in his hand, and he had to toss his Daemon's Axe unfortunately; the only card left in his hand was another Trap Card. If she was anything like he'd faced before....He would need to prevent her from attacking him. He knew better than to think that just because she had no monsters left and only one reverse card that she was defenseless. "I Set one card face-down. Turn end." he would say, giving a heated sigh, his lacerations still stinging. At least for the time being he would be able to stop her from Synchro Summoning...But how long was the big question.

"My turn! I draw!" Akiza would say, looking at the sole card in her hand. "Magic Card, activate! Treasure Cards from Heaven! We both draw until we have six cards in our hand!" Akashi couldn't help but curse his luck; she had far more rare cards than he did, even with his performance at Arcadia. She'd been in god only knew how many tournaments compared to him, and had more access to resources than he could ever have dreamed of. Even with his hand now at six, she had hers fully restocked too. Something that could only be seen as bad for him.

"I then activate an Equipment Magic: Mark of the Rose. I gain control of your Black Highlander."

A rose-shaped mark appeared on the back of his monster's cloak, his massive form floating over before kneeling as if in fealty to his new master. "Damn bitch..." Akashi growled, Akiza just continuing, "I then activate the Magic Card, Magic Seed Planter. With its effect, I send Blessed Card Plant to the Cemetery and draw two cards. And then...." After pulling off the top two, she then made a surprising move. "I activate the effect of Black Garden. I destroy this card and all other Plant-Type monsters on the field to Special Summon my Queen of Roses once more." The briar around them, as well as all the Rose Tokens Summoned through its effect, began to turn to stone and crumble loudly. And from the rubble and dead matter, Queen of Roses was reborn. Now she had two monsters...And he was defenseless. "Battle. Black Highlander attacks you directly! Dark Judgment!" Akiza declared, his own monster rushing in to attack him. "Reverse Card Open, Wicked God Disaster! I destroy all Spell and Trap cards on the field!"

A violent storm whipped up in a frenzy, the few standing buildings around them getting blown apart as the hurricane-level gusts shattered her Equipment Magic and her last remaining Set card. "Now with Mark gone, Highlander returns to me!" Akashi shouted over the violent storm, his monster seeming to come back to his senses and quickly rushed to back to his true master's side. Akiza said nothing as the storm calmed down, her Queen and his monster both facing each other. "Battle. Queen of Roses, attack his Highlander!" Akiza shouted, making Akashi's eyes widen in surprise; what the hell was she planning?

Her face was unchanged as her Queen got cut in half once again, Akiza losing another 400 LP, now down to 3000. "Did you turn stupid for no reason...You fucking with me, Akiza?!" Akashi demanded to know angrily, the redhead just sighing and saying "No....I assure you I am not. I activate the Magic Card, Chant of the Heavenly and the Demonic. With its effect, I Fuse my Rose Sorcerer in my hand with the Queen resting in my Cemetery." A colorful swirl appeared behind her, the monsters' spirits coming together in the vortex, Akashi actually having to cover his eyes from how bright it was she announced, "Fusion Summon. Great Stately Demon Angel - Rosaria." she would call out softly as the Summoning came to a close.

Once that lightshow was done with, Akashi lowered his hands to see a new monster; at 2900 ATK, it outclassed his 2800 ATK Highlander....But there had to be more to it. She was never the type to just use a beefy monster. "I activate Rosaria's effect. Once per turn, I can negate the effects of all other cards on the field. Heaven's Bloom!" The massive four-winged monster spread its wings wide, a pulse of black and white light spreading out, the kanji on Akiza's field also disappearing now that Highlander's Synchro-blocking effect was negated.

"Now you can't stop me from Synchro Summoning....Akashi, I'll ask this of you one last time: Stop this before this goes too far. You're already hurt." Akiza then asked of him, Akashi giving a hard snarl, his anger reaching a boiling point, "Just because you undid a block doesn't mean fuck all, bitch. I told you: I'm not going back of my own free will, and I'd rather die than be your Master's fucking toy again!" The redhead could only sigh; what did he really think Divine was doing? "Fine....I summon the Tuner monster, Black Rose Witch, and activate its effect. I draw one card, and I must destroy this card if it is not a monster." Taking the top card of her Deck, she then flipped it and revealed, "I drew Rose Fairy, and with its effect, when it's added to my hand outside of my normal draw, I can Special Summon it."

Akashi's eyes narrowed; he had no way to stop what was coming. "Level 4 Rose Witch tunes Level 3 Rose Fairy. Chilling flames engulf the entire world. Pitch-dark flower, set into bloom! Synchro Summon! Appear now, Black Rose Dragon!" And just like that, her titular monster appeared. That vicious dragon that laid waste to all who stood before her, giving a loud roar. "I then Set three cards face-down. Turn End."

Another tense stand-off ensued, both of their respective powers mixing violently in the surrounding air. She had the advantage on her field, and he could see now she wasn't going to go easy on him any longer. Fine then.

"My turn! I draw! I activate the Field Magic, Daemon's Palace - Demon Labyrinth!"

Now it was his turn for a Field Card; the ground quaked and shook, soon massive bone-white walls springing up around them as they were closed into an eerie courtyard. "Now we're playing on my turf. Here, all Demon-Type monsters I control gain 500 Attack Points." With that his Highlander's ATK rose to 3300; even with its effects sealed, he could still do some damage....But he didn't like her face-downs.

"I then Summon the Tuner monster, Morph King Hell Slime, and tune it with Level 7 Black Highlander! Synchro Summon! Rage, release your might and cast down the heavens! Devil King Dragon - Beelze!" That same red-armored dragon before erupted from the ground, howling from its twin heads and making Black Rose roar right back at it. Two powerful dragons now made to go at each other's throats; one point could have considered them allies. Razor-sharp blades meant to cut down Arcadia's enemies....Now turned against the wielder's own necks.

"Then I play the Equipment Magic, Daemon's Staff, placing it onto Beelze. And its effect activates. Your monsters lose Attack equal to half of Beelze's own." Both Black Rose and Rosaria seemed to slump, their strengths lowered to 1400 and 900 respectively. "I then play the Magic Card, Surging Resonance, making Beelze Level Four until the end of the turn. Then I activate the Magic, Double Strike. I discard a card to allow Beelze to attack twice this turn." With that complete, Akashi was clearly intent on wiping out her monsters. "Beelze, destroy Rosaria! Hell Power Flare!" Akashi commanded, black plumes of fire erupting from his monster's destructive maws.

"Reverse Card, Open! Offensive Guard! Beelze's Attack Points are halved, and I draw one card!" Akiza said, wind rushing past her Beelze's fire destroyed her monster, cutting her life further to 2900. "Fine...I can still crush your dragon! Again! Hell Power Flare!" Fire erupted again, Akiza activating another card, "Reverse Card, Open! Rose Blizzard! I change Beelze to Defense Position and negate your attack!" The flames arced away as they were diverted by a gust of icy wind, striking what remained of some nearby structures and decimating them, soon Beelze curling upon itself and turning blue, its DEF of 3000 now forming a wall.

"Tch....You're lucky. I set one card face-down. Turn end." Akashi would state, the effects of this turn reverting, leaving the monsters and cards how they normally were, her Dragon back to 2400 ATK, and his back to 3000. This whole time, Akiza had been watching the young man; he was definitely stronger, but it was as if something was influencing him. Something evil....And weirdly enough, when she tried to peer past Beelze to look at him more, the red-armored dragon seemed to actually move to block her sight, letting out a sonorous growl of warning as one of the heads opened its mouth to do so.

"So....It's his own monster; come to think of it, he suffered terrible nightmares at its hand during the majority of his stay. But why protect him now? Or is it some kind of strange possessiveness?" Akiza pondered.

But for now....She had to win this Duel. Not just for Divine's sake...But for Akashi's as well.

**TO BE CONTINUED**​

Last edited:
PART 3: DARKNESS UNCHAINED​

Akiza could only stare at Beelze as the dragon glared back at her; a pained grunt left Akashi, the criminal mark beneath his eye starting to glow more intensely, its shade even darkening a tone or two, now become a more copper color instead of the usual bright yellow the ink made those accursed insignias. His hand came to touch at it, his face wincing as he felt his blood surging through his body, the sound of his heartbeat growing louder in his eyes.

"Akashi?" Akiza asked, a flavor of concern lacing her speech as Akashi spat while staring at her with nothing but spite, "It's nothing....Take your damn turn." At this Beelze gave an angered growl, flexing the talons on its massive forelimbs, the wicked claws gleaming in the little light that flowed around this dead space.

A tired sigh, Akiza's gaze hardening as she then declared, "My turn! I draw!" Both of them had used a good deal of their Deck by this point, though he had no cards in his hand. She had the advantage currently in that regard, as well as her Black Rose's other effect. And with their Life Points about even, hers as 2900 and his at 2600, they had both managed to survive each other's onslaughts. She still didn't understand what was causing this to happen, why he was going after her so hard; did he truly hate them that much?

But she couldn't worry about that now; if it meant getting him back, she had to stay focused and go at him with everything she had. "I activate the effect of Black Rose Dragon. I exclude the Queen of Roses resting in my Cemetery to change your Beelze to Attack Position and reduce its Attack Points to zero. Rose Restriction!" Pulling the card from her Disk, Black Rose shot twin thorned vines outward, wrapping around Beelze and forcing it to change Position, its ATK falling to 0 as it howled in pain. Akashi giving a harsh grunt, practically feeling the monster's agony as his own.

"Reverse Card, Open! Card of Last Will!" Akashi then shouted as he regained his composure, his face-down revealing itself, "If my monster's power becomes zero, I draw until I have five cards in my hand!" He pulled the top five cards from his Deck, replenishing his hand, now at five compared to her three. "Fine then. Reverse Card, Open! Thorn of Malice! I equip this card to Black Rose Dragon, increasing her Attack points by 600!" Now her Dragon flared its wings, her rose-petal body growing even more in luster, her wings covered in a spiky cloak of thorn-riddled vines, her Attack Points now at 3000.

He had no other reverse cards, this should end it....At least that was what she would have likely believed with anyone else. Even so, she couldn't hesitate. "Battle! Black Rose attacks Beelze! Black Rose Flare!" A stream of black-purple flames erupted from her dragon's mouth, aimed squarely at Beelze. Even Akashi grimaced; he knew this was going to hurt. "I activate the effect of Dark Honest in my hand! I send this card from my hand to the Cemetery, then your monster loses Attack Points equal to its original amount until the end of the battle!" A black-winged angel appeared above and behind him, his wings spread wide as black light shone on Black Rose, weakening her powerful Dragon. Now at 600, Akashi braced himself as Beelze howled in pain, crossing his arms as he felt the heat and fire wash over himself and his monster. "Beelze's.....effect! It's not destroyed in battle!" he grunted, unable to withstand the force of the eruption before he was thrown backwards, his body sliding painfully on the ground as his Life dropped to 2000.

"And....since I took damage....Beelze gains Attack Points equal to that amount! Hate Reaction!" Akashi grumbled as he barely managed to sit up, Beelze howling as its ATK rose to 600. "Even that is useless, Akashi; a monster that battles a monster covered in these deadly spikes loses 600 Attack and Defense Points, even if it might not be destroyed." Beelze then slumped, its ATK falling back down to 0 and even its DEF taking a hit to 2400, something that seemed to tick Akashi off as he barely managed to stand back up; even if it was just 600 points of damage, the force behind the attack felt like he was hit by a falling boulder. His body ached something fierce, his skin feeling quite warm and tingling in pain. Blackened scars covered parts of his visible skin, signaling just how much damage she had done.

"I Set 1 card and end my turn." Akiza would say, her Dragon and his both having their ATK restored to 3000. They were now tied for strength. Again, the two just stared at each other, sizing each other up. Akashi seemed far worse for wear, but it was easy to see he wasn't going to give up. "My turn! Draw!" he declared, declaring "I Special Summon Daemon Commander from my hand, but as a cost I must destroy a "Daemon" card I control! I destroy Daemon's Staff!" At this, a cloaked, muscular demon appeared on his field, a hand outstretched as he destroyed the staff held by his Dragon. "And with my Field Magic, Commander gains another 500 Attack Points" Akashi growled, adding after the counter showed his monster's ATK rising to 3000. "I then Summon Daemon's Cavalry, then I activate the effect of Berserk Daemon in my hand. I target my Cavalry, then destroy it to Special Summon this card!" A mad-looking axe-bearing demon appeared, its weapon cleaving his rider in two, Akashi then saying "And Berserk Daemon's power only grows. Equal to the monsters destroyed by his effect, I target face-up monsters you control and boost his Attack Points by their original amount." Its muscles seemed to grow, the already insane eyes widening as it pumped its own ATK to 4400. "And with Labyrinth on the field, it gains 500 more Attack Points." Now at 4900 ATK, this monster was clearly him swinging for game. "And since Cavalry was destroyed, I Special Summon Trick Daemon from my Cemetery!" A fourth monster appeared, her ATK rising to 1500 from the effect of his Field Magic.

"Battle! Berserk Daemon attacks Black Rose Dragon!"

But it seemed fate would not let him touch Akiza's Life just yet, his monster giving a mighty leap as it roared in fury, axe raised high to cut her Dragon down. "Reverse Card, Open! The Permanent Trap, Demon Rose! I equip this card to Black Rose Dragon to render her indestructible by battle!" A giant red flower encased her dragon, forming a shield of armor-like petals that caused his monster to howl and try to cut through, Akashi just grimacing as Akiza continued, "And while this card is equipped, I take no Battle Damage from battles involving the equipped monster!" And with a mighty push, Berserk Daemon was flung back to Akashi's field; the young man was livid at this point, his fists clenched, the knuckles growing white as he creased his cards in anger.

"Beelze, attack Black Rose Dragon! Hell Power Flare!" Akashi bellowed, a violent energy roiling off his lean figure as Beelze's flames erupted, countered by her Dragon's own. And soon enough, Akiza learned why it was he was attacking even if he couldn't destroy her monster; she was actually feeling Beelze's flames! Her dragon was taking the most of the heat, even her Demon Rose showing signs of scorching; but the fact she felt this much? When the attack subsided, she actually saw Akashi now: A black miasma was covering him, energy of pure hatred rolling off his body. Even if it was just light scorch marks, a stray ember at the end of her crimson locks...The fact that he did that much meant his power was growing.

"Akashi...." Akiza mused, her amber eyes staring at the young man, who still now only held contempt for her....For Arcadia. Akashi just grimaced even harder, but closed his eyes and remarked, "I end my turn. Your dragon can't protect your forever; once I burn it to ash, YOU'RE DONE!"

"My my....So hateful~" Then spoke a third voice, both Duelists looking to Akiza's right as a familiar face showed. His reddish-brown hair swooped up, a neat suit covering his somewhat lanky, lithe figure, hands behind his back as if he held an air of superiority. Even Beelze seemed to acknowledge this man's presence, slinking back to shield Akashi, its heads regarding this intruder with loud bellows of rage. "Such a pest, that monster is." the man remarked, Akashi remarking, "Takes one to know one, dirtbag." And meanwhile, Akiza just asking with a surprised tone, "Divine-sama....What...what are you doing here?"

"To relieve you of your burden; I've been watching. You've been faithful to me, Akiza...But even I know a lost cause when I see one. If we take him back, we jeopardize everything Arcadia stands for." he would say, Akiza then asking "Should...I should surrender then....Let him go..." At this Divine just laughed, approaching his beloved second-in-command, "Oh no, my dear. I could not let you tarnish your strength with a willful loss...No, there is only one fitting end for someone like him." At this Divine reached up, a gloved hand gently caressing her cheek as the other undid the hairpin, letting her long bangs flutter down before he pulled her close, whispering delicately in her ear, "I have restricted your powers for long enough....Now, let them loose, for the door to the Underworld lies on the witch's island."

Akiza's eyes went blank, a wicked smirk crossing her face as the winds around her began to pick up. Divine just stepped back, a smile on his face as he said, "Now you face dear Akiza at her strongest. Let it be known an Agent of Arcadia put down the mad Demon of the Satellite; in your death, you do Arcadia one final service. Now, Akiza: Put down this rabid dog." And with that remark, Divine seemed to just up and disappear, Akashi growling "You shitty little....."

But now Akiza had turned to face him, her face one of sadistic glee as she commented, "Divine-Sama...is right about one thing: You are strong, but I am far stronger. Just as you wish, I'll show you my real power! DRAW!" She pulled the top card of her Deck, then saying "I activate the Equipment Magic, Grief Lithograph! I equip this card to Beelze, imprisoning it and sealing its powers!" A giant stone tablet appeared behind Beelze, its body thrashing as it seemed to get dragged in, Akashi only able to watch on as his monster was swallowed up. "Next I summon the Tuner monster, Naturia Rosewhip, and tune it with my Black Rose Dragon! Howl, sorrowful gales! Black out the sun in a beautiful cascade of crimson death! Synchro Summon! Blossom in majesty, Blood Rose Dragon!"

Black Rose Dragon's form grew larger, its petals on its body only seeming to get deeper in red color and larger in size, her overall size blooming to soon match that of Beelze itself. A terrible aura spread around the battlefield, violent winds actually knocking Akashi down as razor-sharp leaves whipped about, lacerating his body again and again. "And when Blood Rose is Synchro Summoned, all cards in both our Cemeteries are excluded, then all other cards on the field on are destroyed! Blood Rose Catastrophe!"

Her monster's screams pierced the air, their Cemeteries emptied as Akashi shouted in agony, the winds making those sharp leaves cut him up more and more. His own blood seeping out from the hundreds of cuts all over him, red streaking the ground around him as the entire field was emptied. And when it died down, the devastation was apparent: Every building within a quarter-mile radius was absolutely leveled, only wreckage remaining as Akashi somehow managed to stay conscious, despite the fact that he was bleeding fairly profusely at this point. He was laid out on his back though, barely able to move, a pained grimace on his face. "Not...here...." he muttered, an eye closed as he glared up at Akiza, forcing the arm holding his cards and Duel Disk onto his chest as it rose and fell shutteringly.

"Yes, here....You were fun for a while, Akashi, but now you're an eyesore. And let's not forget Lithograph's effect, shall we? When it's destroyed, whoever controlled the equipped monster takes 500 damage!" Akashi's body seized, a cry of anguish leaving him as agony wracked his body, his Life dropping to 1500. "That's a good look for you~ Now let me hear your pain as you die! Vanish! Blood Rose Dragon attacks you directly! Blood Rose Storm!"

A ball of blood-red fire gathered in her Dragon's maw, before long erupting into a wide tsunami of surely devastating flame, a wicked laughter coming from the now-deranged redhead as she shouted, "Goodbye, weakling! Never grace this Earth again~!" The flames rose high, seeming to engulf him entirely. But when the attack subsided...She noticed that Akashi was on all fours, covered in burns that seared his wounds shut, his clothing in tatters, but still alive...And there was another monster on his field, blue from it being in Defense Position, a small pendulum-like arm swinging back and forth.

A slight expression of annoyance crossed her face, "Tch....To think you'd still have that in reserve...." Akashi pushing himself up, just barely now able to stand. "Sorry...to disa...ppoint you....Battle Fader....as you know...only be activated when I'm attacked directly. It Special...Summons itself...And ends the Battle Phase." The annoyed expression on Akiza's face then turned back into an amused and dark grin, "Still got some fight in you I see....Good, I could use some more entertainment. I Set one card and end my turn."

Akashi gripped his Disk arm, feeling his entire body throbbing in pain; how he was still standing, even breathing he didn't know....But now his back was against the wall. He knew if he didn't come up with some kind of strategy, she was going to kill him.

**TO BE CONTINUED**​

Last edited:
PART 4: FROM PAIN TO POWER​

It hurt; the burns, the lacerations, the doubtless fractures and breaks in his skeleton. He just wanted to rest....To stop. But if he did, she'd end him. And maybe he'd lose and he'd be killed anyway. Was there a point if death was certain? Even if he did win...Would he live through all those to enjoy his victory? Not likely. Now that Divine had done...whatever the hell he did....to Akiza, there was no guarantee.

His teeth grit in frustration, glaring at this new deranged Akiza. "Upset? You should be; you were a fool to think you were ever a match for me." Akiza remarked snidely as she brushed back a stray lock of her red hair, making Akashi growl angrily. She was definitely different, but that didn't change one simple fact: She was his enemy. And he'd get past her, just like he had with every other person that tried to take his life from him.

"Just one card....Come on.....Something to turn this around...."

"My turn...I draw." Akashi grunted weakly, pulling the top card of his Deck; the surface was covered in ash, no thanks to her dragons scorching him over and over. But...This might be his chance. "I activate the Magic Card, Emancipation of Souls! I banish Beelze, Daemon Commander, Trick Daemon, and Demon Labryinth from my Cemetery!" Akiza could only chuckle, "Emptying your Cemetery yourself? Afraid I've got another Blood Rose? I'll put your mind at ease: This is a very special Dragon; she's the only one~" Akashi ignored her taunting, just going forward, "I then activate the Magic Card, Dimensional Distortion! If I have no cards in my Cemetery, I can select one excluded monster and Special Summon it to my field...Return, Devil King Dragon - Beelze!"

A portal appeared above Akashi's field, the massive red-armored dragon crashing down and roaring, Akiza's own Dragon returning as the two faced off again. "Trying that trick again? Surely you must be more original than that~ Reverse Card Open, Threatening Roar! You can't declare an attack this turn." Akiza replied, Akashi having a feeling she wouldn't still give an inch...But that was fine.

"I then Summon the Tuner Monster, Phantom King High Ride and activate the Magic Card, Falling Tide! I Set High Ride's Level to one!" His monster's Level displayed as such, Akashi then saying "I Tune Level One High Ride with Level One Battle Fader and Level Eight Beelze!" Beelze then reached and grabbed both monsters, the creatures squirming as the dragon's claws dug in, Akashi then feeling a surge of power rush over him. Making the pain lessen....

"Akashi....If this is your wish....Awaken it, but it will hurt."

That voice....He'd never heard it before....But then he felt that power turn to blistering hate. Making him scream in agony as the mark in his face split and spilled more of his blood, searing pain washing over him. His hand gripped his face, the left side mangled from the open wound, his gray irises turning a bright shining yellow as he chanted, his field becoming enveloped in a miasma of dark light and electricity, the winds reaching a fever pitch.

"Pitch-black flames that annihilate the wicked from this rotting world! Let your anger burn it all down! Dominate it! Synchro Summon! Rage, become supremacy and bring death to all Demons! Devil King Super Dragon - Beelzeus!"

The shadows within had grown, getting larger and larger just as Akiza's had done, and when the black light dispelled? Beelze had transformed, the scales having darkened to a deep amethyst color, its middle becoming a gaping maw of razor-like teeth, the dragon heads from its 'shoulders' also having mutated to possess spikes along their length and more angular features to the heads and jaws. A piercing scream emanated from it, Blood Rose screaming right back it; indeed, this would be a battle of their true aces. And at 4000 ATK, it seemed using a card to prevent battling altogether was a good play...Although her monster was far from safe.

"I activate Beelzeus' effect! Your monster's Attack Points become 0, then I gain Life Points equal to that amount! Demon Extermination!"

From that gaping chest maw, a massive stinger-tipped tongue shot forward, piercing into Blood Rose as it roared in apparent agony. Its color rapidly drained, becoming grey, dull and lifeless, Akashi's Life now rising to 4700, though his wounds still remained. Blood dripped from his face, red trails down his chin and leaking to the ground, steady drips as he felt his skin having opened up.

"So....In exchange for some blood, you called forth this beast, did you? Even I have to admit I'm impressed that a dreg like you has such power; really is a shame you have to die." Akiza mused, seeming quite interested in this new monster of his. He had never called out something this powerful; even she was getting shivers looking at it. Such a delightful package of rage and unfiltered aggression; it certainly fit the Daemon deck Akashi was using.

"I Set one card and activate the Permanent Magic, Mirage of Nightmare....Turn...end." Akashi huffed, his left eye hazy from the blood getting into it; it didn't even really sting as much as it should have, his body already stretched thin in its ability from how badly he'd been hurt.

"My turn then...I draw!" Akiza would announce, this being the only card in her hand. "Mirage of Nightmares' effect....I draw until I have four cards in my hand. I have zero, so I draw four cards." Akashi would interrupt, drawing his cards. Doing so, Akiza would then say, waggling the sole hand card, "So you refilled your hand...I think I'll do the same." She then turned it around, "I activate the Magic Card, Life-Shaving Treasure Cards! I draw until I have five cards in my hand, but I have to discard my entire hand during my fifth Standby Phase." She would draw five cards, then continue on. "I then activate the Magic Card, Pot of Greed! I draw two more cards!" Now with six cards in hand, she then went on, "I activate the Permanent Magic, Mirror Stage of Discipline! All monsters I control have their Attack and Defense Points restored to their original values!"

Blood Rose seemed to perk up, color restored to her body with mirrors surrounding it on all sides before shattering as her attack rose back to 3200. "It's a good thing you pumped your Life so high, because this is going to hurt. I activate the Magic Card, Flaming Razor Mesh! Beelzeus is changed to Defense Position, and its Defense Power is reduced to zero until the end of this turn!" Fire-soaked wires sprung up from the ground, Beelzeus howling as its DEF fell, its form blue now that it was in Defense Position. "Then I activate the Equipment Magic Card, Drain Strike, equipping it to Blood Rose." An aura of violent intent surrouding the flowery beast, seeming poised to deliver even more pain. "Now that she's equipped with this...Let me return the favor for what you did earlier! Battle! Blood Rose, attack Beelzeus! Blood Rose Storm!"

That same crimson-black fire struck his dragon, Akashi shouting, "I activate my face-down Instant Magic, Emergency Rations! I send Mirage of Nightmares to the Cemetery and gain one-thousand Life Points!" Beelze seemed to persist as the flames scorched it, Akashi's Life rising to 5700 as he said, "And Beelzeus is the same as Beelze: Neither battle nor effects can destroy it!" But this time the fire pierced right through, striking Akashi hard as he screamed, fire roaring around and roasting him as his Life was cut by over half its total, down to 2500. Making him collapse to all fours, the wounds on his face being scorched shut, leaving him with a nasty patch of scarred tissue, the burns on his body only intensifying.

"That doesn't matter; Drain Strike lets my monster inflict piercing damage...And one other thing too: I gain Life Points equal to the damage inflicted." she said, giving a chuckle as her Life Points rose back up to 6100, her body covered in a light-green aura while the total climbed higher before fading once complete. "All that work to whittle down my Life...." she teased, giving a snap of her fingers as she then taunted, "Gone in an instant. Poof....That has to sting. I Set two cards face-down...Turn End." And with that Beelzeus' DEF rose back to 4000, at full power but now a wall.

Akashi panted, still knelt down on his arms and legs; she'd definitely gotten more merciless. She was already tough before, but this was something else entirely. But he wasn't giving up!

"My...Turn! I...D-Draw!"

He drew another card, weakly taking a top card from his deck, making Akiza laugh. Those blank eyes gazing upon this Dreg, "Oh? Even so beat up, you're going to continue? Maybe I was just a bit wrong; if you're that much of a masochist, you're more than I realized." A remark that pissed him off, his body shaking as he pushed himself up, that black miasma roaring up as he shouted, "I activate the Instant Magic, Cyclone! Mirror Stage of Discipline is destroyed!"

The Magic Card shattered on the field, Akiza just smiling "I hope you don't think that will make my monster's power fall back down." To which Akashi said, "Shut...Up....I switch Beelzeus back to Attack Position and activate its effect....Demon...Extermination!" The same stinger from before pierced Blood Rose once again, her monster falling back to 0 ATK, Akashi's Life rising back to 5700. "Battle! Beelzeus, destroy....Blood Rose Dragon! Hell Genocide Force!" Now not only the dragon's auxiliary heads, but even the main maw on its torso gathered energy. And right as it fired, Akiza just chuckled, "Reverse Card, Open! Clean Barrier - Clear Force - ! Monsters on the field have their Attack Powers returned to normal, and any Attack-modifying effects this turn are negated!"

Sure, she covered herself as Beelzeus destroyed Blood Rose Dragon, the heat even scorching her clothes and leaving a few burn marks on her, her life falling to 5700, only 400 points of damage to what should have been 800. "Seems your monster is sluggish, Akashi; I only received half the damage." Akiza teased, lowering her arms and then brushing some stray dust off the shoulder of her dress. The young man only able to look done at his hand. His nerves were frazzled; but at least Blood Rose was gone...For now.

He'd made something resembling of a dent in her field; but she'd truthfully exhausted a lot of him. Energy, cards, willpower; even now, his vision was getting hazy. He didn't know how much longer he could keep going...But he'd keep fighting until the end.

**TO BE CONTINUED**​

Last edited:
PART 4: FINAL TURN​

"Poor Akashi, always in pain. Yet your own stubbornness won't let you just roll over and die; no, you've gone through too much hell to just lie there. If there is one thing I can admit about you, it's that you've got spirit. But...Seeing you struggling here, even to just stand and breathe...It's honestly getting pathetic." Akiza would sneer, Akashi's mouth in a tight grimace. Currently their Life was tied: 5700. She had no monsters, but her skill was more than apparent enough to make Akashi realize that there was little more than just Beelzeus holding her back. "Tch...I set...one card....Turn end...." Akashi grunted, a surge of agony overcoming him and forcing him back to his knees. His breath heavy, body shaking from the utter agony shocking through him.

"See what I mean? It's hard to watch you know; if you're going to die, you should at least be able to stand and face it, no?" Akiza asked, the young man just glaring up at her, his hands clenching as he saw that sadistically gleeful smirk on her face. Sure, she had no monsters and he had Beelzeus....But whatever she had in store, it was sure to hurt him.

"My turn, I draw!" she declared excitedly, eyes widening as she saw the card she just drew that would let her tormenting of the young man continue. "I activate the Equipment Magic Card, Robbery! Come here, Beelzeus!" The dragon on Akashi's field snarled as a poisonous mist burst forth, ensnaring the beast and dragging it over to her side. Akashi bracing himself now that his monster was in Akiza's possession.

"Battle! Direct attack, Beelzeus! Hell Genocide Force!"

The monster seemed to struggle, but it could not disobey its new master; as such, a triple torrent of searing light erupted and engulfed Akashi, the young man screaming in pain and being launched back harshly as his life fell to 1700 in a single strike. And once more, he laid there unmoving, Akiza just chuckling "Oh come now, I didn't hit you THAT hard; stand, Akashi. Entertain me more in your last moments!"

"Akashi! Aki!"

Akiza then looked over, seeing a somewhat familiar face; who was this now? Another interloper? "Aki....What's going on here!?" the young man demanded to know as he stepped forward into a more well-lit spot, the redhead just smiling devilishly as she recognized him and replied, "I'm just having some fun~ Master said for me to dispose of this pest, so that's what I'm doing~" The young man's fists clenched, seeing Akashi laying there all bloodied burned and bruised, his chest rising and falling weakly.

"Aki! This isn't you! Snap out of it!"

But Aki just laughed, "Don't fool yourself, Yusei; this is exactly who I am. WHAT I am: You witnessed it yourself at the Fortune Cup, remember?" Yusei couldn't help but wince a bit as he recalled their first and last Duel in that arena; he thought he had helped her break her mask, but something pushed her back in. It had to be that man: Divine.

"Then I'll take over!"

"Stay...out of this, Fudo...."

Both Aki and Yusei both looked at Akashi struggled to move, soon pushing himself back over to his front...And slowly rising again, his breath heavy; he wasn't feeling - or even looking - good, that much was obvious. "This is...my fight...Get in....my way...I'll destroy you too!" Akashi grunted viciously, making Yusei's eyes widen at the tone; the hell was going on here? "See? Now beat it, Yusei; Akashi has a Duel to lose. I set 2 cards and end my turn."

Akashi snarled, just saying "My turn....Draw!" And it was here that Akiza declared, "At this moment, Robbery gives you 1000 Life Points; I can be just as generous, Akashi~" At 2700, the card in his hand might just pay off. "I activate the Magic Card, Greed Pot! I draw 2 cards!" He then pulled two cards from his Deck, stating, "Then I activate the Magic Card....Dimension Fusion. I pay 2000 Life Points, and both of us Special Summon as many.....excluded monsters as we can. Return....Berserk Daemon. Black Highlander....Morph King Hell Slime....Daemon Commander.....Trick Daemon...and Daemon Soldier." Akashi's field filled, his arsenal of monsters a mix of formidable and weak.

"Not sure what you're playing at, but I'll go along for now! Return! Black Rose Dragon! Rosarian! Queen of Roses! Rose Sorceer!" And like that too, both of them had five monsters.

"I then activate the Magic Card, Rain....of Mercy....We both...gain 1000 Life points." Akiza's Life rose to 6700, his back to 1700.

"Trap Card, Open! Hope....for Escape....I pay....1000 Life....To draw 1 card for each 2000 of your Life is higher than mine.....So...I draw 3 cards..." Doing so, he checked his hand....And saw a way out! "I release....Trick Daemon....And Daemon Commander....To Advance Summon....Disaster Daemon." Both monsters were sucked into a small portal, a new one appearing as Akashi declared, "Disaster Daemon's....effect activates....I destroy a card I control....and a card you control. I destroy....Black Highlander....And your Rosarian..." The Daemon's massive wings spread wide, searing light shattering both declared cards. "And....if I destroyed a Demon-Type monster, this card gains Attack Points equal to half its original amount. Destroy....Augment!" His monster screeched, its form bulking as its ATK rose to 3400.

"I then...Tune Level 1 Hell Slime with Level 4 Soldier." The monsters leaped into the air, Akashi saying lowly, "Demon that patrols the dark roads...Fire your engines! Synchro Summon....Hell Twin Police!" A third Synchro appeared. 3 monsters to her four...Well at least he could clear it here.

"I activate...Magic Card...Unprecendented Wind! Hell Twin Police gains 1000 Attack and Defense Points until the end of the turn!" Now at 3200 he could do some work. Put a dent in her Life.

"Hell Twin Police, attack Rose Sorcerer! Hell Reaver!"

The motorcycle demon's engines fired loudly, ramming into her monster and cutting her Life to 5900. "Hell Twin's...effect....It gains 800 Attack Points when it destroys a monster, and can attack once again! Attack Queen of Roses! Hell Barrage!" This time the demon produced a submachine gun from a side holster, shooting her monster full of lead and having it carry over to Akiza, several bullets penetrating her skin, her Life cut down to 4300.

"Akashi...Stop!"

Yusei shouted, the young man looking at him as Yusei pleaded, "This isn't her! You have to listen, she's not..." but Akashi shouted, "Shove it! She came after me! I JUST WANT TO BE ALONE! Disaster Daemon, destroy Black Rose Dragon! God Hell Crush!" The monstrous winged beast launched, slamming into Black Rose and shattering it, Akiza actually yelling as the searing energy rolled over her; that fiendish miasma now pouring off Akashi more thickly as rage consumed the young man, Akiza's Life now down to 3300. And no more monsters beside the one she stole from him.

"Heh....Not bad~ But I still have your Dragon~ Your last monster is too weak to attack me~" she teased, Akashi snarling "I activate the Instant Magic, Twister! I pay 500 Life to destroy your Robbery! Now Beelzeus returns to me!" As the Equipment shattered, Beelzeus turned to face her, the redhead's hands clenching as 4000 Attack Points stared her down.

"Akiza....Akiza, snap out of it!"

And it was here that the damage in combination with her hearing Yusei's voice, managed to make her snap out of it indeed. "What....What's going on?" she asked, seeing a new monster staring down at her, and then looking at Akashi and getting shocked at his state. Bloodied, burned...And even from her she could sense his killing intent. All of that hate, rage and aggression focused on her.

"Akiza! You have to snap him out of it!"

"BEELZEUS! Direct Attack! Hell Genocide Force!"

And it was here that Akiza declared, "Reverse Trap Open! Return of Storm Dragon! I Special Summon Naturia Rosewhip in Attack Position!" The little monster returned, Akashi snarling, "Damn you....Always mocking me! FINE! Destroy that weed!"

"Im so sorry for this...." Akiza muttered mentally, then declaring "Reverse Card, Open! Bye-Bye Damage! If I take battle damage, my opponent takes damage equal to double that amount!"

Her power flared, her restraint taken by her master; she tried to shield Akashi as much as she could, but she couldn't hold the connection for long; she too howled in pain, the searing flames scorching them both as their Life dropped to 0 simultaneously. The monsters faded from reality, leaving the beaten and burned pair in the wasteland of their battleground.

"Are they...." Came another voice, Yusei turning to see another familiar face. "Melissa....How long..." Yusei asked, but then shaking his head and replying "I don't know....But we need to get them out of here all the same. We can use my place..." Yusei checked on Akiza, while Melissa went to inspect Akashi. "This is....the Demon...He's scary...." she whispered, but then with surprising strength, hoisted him over to where she had parked her Runner, right next to Yusei's....And the pair departing to get them treated...Leaving the future quite uncertain."

**END**​

Back
Top Bottom