Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How is this site different from Elliquiy?

Hi there Andromeda.

I can only speak in my own name and not in the name of anyone else.

I've been a member of E for... ...shucks, about 7 or 8 years or something. I've had a bit of experience with the site. I feel that E is more easygoing in terms of writing. It's also a very safe spot; the staff will protect their members at the best of their abilities.

But it's also a complex place to navigate. You have these huge blocks that guides you to smaller spots and then to individual threads... It takes a while to get used to.

But my experience was quite different than yours. I sent out feelers, both in terms of general offers and approaching others with their request threads. Sometimes you get a lot of bites, sometimes you get nothing. That's the ebb and flow of online writing.

Blue feels a touch more... Streamlined, if that makes any sense. You see the daily bumps for certain individuals and certain threads and that might be more your thing.

In either case, I hope you find what you are looking for.

The staff at Elliquiy protect their members as long as they fall in line and go with the flow. Stick your head above the crowd and they'll take it off. And God forbid you have a different opinion than the majority on Elliquiy...

But that's my experience.

The staff at Elliquiy protect their members as long as they fall in line and go with the flow. Stick your head above the crowd and they'll take it off. And God forbid you have a different opinion than the majority on Elliquiy...

You're not wrong. ;)

Man everytime I post a picture on a search thread I'm just waiting for a PM where a mod has found the smallest little inconsequential detail that automatically makes it against the rules.

Getting booted off the forum for having a different ideology (or because of where I was born) trumps that.

Although the latter is of course never spoken out because that would make it discrimination. And Elliquiy is against that.

Or so they say.

Getting booted off the forum for having a different ideology (or because of where I was born) trumps that.

Although the latter is of course never spoken out because that would make it discrimination. And Elliquiy is against that.

Or so they say.
I never said E was flawless. Far from it.

Ban reasons on Elliquiy are very public and well-documented; if a member was banned for unjust cause, this would be clear in the explanation of their ban. If a member has questions on why they were banned, they are always welcome to contact staff at any time.

They are very public and well-documented but VERY one sided.

That's all I'm going to say about it. Not worth any more of my time.

I'm still in the application process here so obviously i can only speak on E, but a lot of the things I read in this thread dont seem to line up with my experience on E.

First, the "elitism" aspect. I need to qualify all of this by saying I never partook in OOC threads on E, so if all of this is about those, my bad. But i never saw issues with elitism. There was a lot of pairing off or clique like behavior, especially in the group games, but thats just human nature. Annoying at times, but it is what it is.

The talk about the complication of navigation...I understand this is 100% a preference thing, but I enjoyed E's layout as it helped you seek out exactly what you wanted. I havent been on since the revamp, however.

I will agree with the talk about an overly PC culture. I am a social liberal, but I believe that means ALLOWING free speech...which, remember, is there to protect speech you do not like. Also, the ability to debate and discuss topics that are controversial is the best and often only way to come to a reasonable agreement. That being said, this problem also seemed very cliquey and was only enforced in games when certain people ran them.

My biggest issue with E was personal. I've been there so long that I'm familiar with most people and opinions are had on both sides that prevent otherwise beautiful pairings from occurring. I'm looking forward to a fresh start here and (hopefully) I'll stay on everyones good side this time 😊

My reapplication at E was just denied for the second time after a 5 day process, without explanation. That isn't done here. That is the only real difference I can fairly speak to because E does not give you enough of a view of the board to really evaluate it prior to approval . I can only assume my sin was being honest . It wasn't for want of trying, or being uncivil or impatient, or even unfriendly. I had hoped this wouldn't happen again but it has. If someone from E that knows why I was denied would be kind enough to share the reason, I would be grateful if they would PM me here as I have no idea. Don't worry , I will never log in there again for any reason. I suspect that is what they wanted. I used to be curious about E which is why I reapplied but I no longer care . I've been a happy camper here at BMR for eleven years, so I guess this home.

If someone from E that knows why I was denied would be kind enough to share the reason, I would be grateful if they would PM me here as I have no idea.
You should still be able to inquire on E about your denial; all questions should be directed to staff there, since they're a separate staff and a separate site. In looking at the archived introductions, it looks like this link here should be where to direct your questions and they can help you out! :)

Thank you Solo but no thank you. I have been denied twice the last time 11 years ago. At that time I asked and all it got me was a message that said in essence We don't explain our reasons, and when I asked why I was banned. I don't need any more harsh treatment. If you are curious read my application and decide for yourself if I am an unreasonable person or somehow someone you need to be protected from. I will never darken their door again.

Thank you Solo but no thank you. I have been denied twice the last time 11 years ago. At that time I asked and all it got me was a message that said in essence We don't explain our reasons, and when I asked why I was banned. I don't need any more harsh treatment. If you are curious read my application and decide for yourself if I am an unreasonable person or somehow someone you need to be protected from. I will never darken their door again.
That's up to you - I just meant what I said in reply to the portion I quoted; I just meant you're far more likely to get an answer there than here since we don't have access to their backend, only ours. :)

Thanks again , and I understand, I was hoping one of the back end personnel might see it, but beyond that I am through caring, to be honest, and as you can see from this thread I am not alone.

I'd say Elliquiy was a bit more structured and had a strong professional/elitist undertone. Blue Moon seems to be more active, but casual in it's content.

Back
Top Bottom