Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tragedy of the Grand Fist Chapter Four

True Grave

Warrior
White Remembrance

Bellisarius snorted.

"What nonsense are you speaking now? We were children when we first met. We couldn't have been more free."

"You ignorant fool," Taran spat, "Do you really think you were free under the Grand Fist doctrine?"

The man in black was taken aback by his former friend's vehemence.

"I suppose the doctrine was strict..."

"Strict?! We were prisoners, Bellisarius! We were told what we could learn, where we could go, and how to live. We weren't people to them, my old friend. They used us as tools."

"Or weapons," Bellisarius mused.

He remembered carrying out more than one distasteful assassination for his Master, all in the name of global order.

"Exactly. I knew you weren't so much of a fool that you couldn't see the truth."

"You still had no right to commit wholesale slaughter. We could have changed things from within."

"Impossible. They'd have killed us long before we got the chance. The Grandmasters didn't spend their whole lives building a balance just to let the younger generation tear it all down. We could either agree to be slaves in their world order, or..."

Taran held his fist up and clenched it.

"...We could burn it all down and start anew."

Bellisarius was silent for several moments.

"The Grand Fist wasn't perfect. Our Grandmasters and Masters did use us and were wrong for doing so. But killing everyone wasn't the answer. I will never accept that as the answer. Not everyone was guilty of using us."

Taran's eyes flashed.

"You're wrong. They fought on behalf of an evil system. That makes them just as guilty in my eyes."

"Then I suppose you'll have to kill me, too, as I will fight to avenge that 'evil system', even if I disagree with it."

Taran and Bellisarius locked eyes, cold hatred flying between them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom