Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Best online source for Role Play ideas

FirstContact

Meteorite
Looking for some prompts to brainstorm from, any online sources (maybe here somewhere) that lists out brief descriptions of role play ideas?

I think maybe if you're okay with AI, ChatGPT might be of assistance. It can spit out some SFW prompts.

I find just browsing Bluemoon is always a good way to brainstorm ideas. People's threads offer numerous plots which while they themselves might not be what you're looking for, often the plots or pairings they showcase can spark similar or tangential ideas to work from. Of course good plots I find usually ends with me sending out an RP request anyways.

Some people around here will even happily brainstorm ideas with others without any intent to RP them at that point in time.

^As long as you keep in mind not to take other people's things without permission. If they've written out a unique plot line, or if their post states not to take from it, it is good to respect that that is their material.

^As long as you keep in mind not to take other people's things without permission. If they've written out a unique plot line, or if their post states not to take from it, it is good to respect that that is their material.
Absolutely, I don't mean to say copy other's ideas. But in some instances, for example, reading another person's idea revolving ghosts might spark some alternate supernatural aspects. Or an idea of an alien race they describe that has a unique way of space travel might lead you into a whole concept you never thought to consider before, thinking about alternate ways groups of people could transport themselves across galaxies and come up with something new, etc.

Hrm, I haven't used the net itself as a source for most of my prompts, but I imagine you could look up 'Writing prompts' with any specific genre you're interested in (IE: Sci fi writing prompts, mystery writing prompts, et all), and either fleshing out the prompt or the prompt itself could provide ideas.

Finding creativity for me is usually more spur of the moment, so I tend to be kinda all over the place.

Undoubtedly tvtropes.org

No better site to explore the interconnectedness of story elements in movies, games, books, and so on

Back
Top Bottom