Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Receiving non-rp PMs from strangers

SEM Aftermath

Kidnapper on the prowl
Hello everyone, I have found myself sending messages to people simply to tell them that I really enjoyed the look and layout of their different threads. One of the things I am enjoying on BMR is designing my different threads.

Here is my question for everyone: Do you mind receiving messages out of the blue from strangers that have nothing to do with role playing, and are simply complimenting and commenting on your threads?

I always try to be a very friendly person (OOC), so it just seems natural to me to message someone to simply say "nice profile [and what I liked about it specifically]" Is that something that people take in a positive way or negative?

Not at all a bad thing, in my opinion! I'm primarily here to write, but I don't mind being friendly with others as well. I would hope that people don't think it's weird to just have a friendly nudge, but I suppose some are just here for the writing and the writing only. Though, I'm assuming those that don't want any kind of OOC chatter would probably make that clear - at least, I hope~

I've absolutely messaged people, and told them I like the look of their profile, or their journal, or that I enjoy seeing them around the site. I don't think it's strange at all, and it creates a friendlier environment, in my experience. There might be some people who don't like getting those kinds of messages, but I think those are very few and far between.

I've absolutely messaged people, and told them I like the look of their profile, or their journal, or that I enjoy seeing them around the site. I don't think it's strange at all, and it creates a friendlier environment, in my experience. There might be some people who don't like getting those kinds of messages, but I think those are very few and far between.
Speaking of which, I love your signature~ Big fan of minimalism done well. It's clean and the fonts work together well!

I always enjoy receiving those whether in private messages or on my profile posts. As SS said I think it creates a nice, friendly environment c:

Back
Top Bottom