Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

GM looking for a DND group

TheDecker

Super-Earth
Hey there! Title says it all. I am a literate role player and aspiring writer. Playing BG3 (Baldurs Gate 3) Right down to reminiscing upon the older games made me want to dust off my Game Master gloves. But alas, my current group in person has a long time friend GM'ing for the first time and I shan't not deny them as they are doing a good job. So! I am looking for a group of at most 5, whom want to play some DND 5e! I do not discriminate. Only 3 rules, 1: Try to be literate enough that others understand you. 2: There is zero need for a novel length of a response, just be descriptive. As in, make clear your intentions, thoughts, and or actions so we understand you. If it is a act of discretion, PM me as to allow me to at least know. No one liners though please! Even if all your doing is saying a sentence, you can still elaborate a bit on how your character says something, how they are feeling, hand gestures, etcetera. Again, not a novel, but not a line. 3: Make sure your character, regardless of their "alignment" so to speak (As that's no longer a thing) is someone who will work with a group of like minds. They can be a grave robber or sell their own kids for all I care, so long as they are able to reason with those they chose to ally themselves with and form bonds that may make them say something like "Shoot, id sell out our framed paladin on the run with a bounty. But... I like the cut of their jib. And whom else will scorn me for picking pockets? It's too much of a laugh to pass up."

With that out of the way; I am only accepting 5, maybe 6 players if enough interest strikes. If anyone has a character in mind, please by all accounts PM it to me. Lets not make possible party banter and plot threads pre game public knowledge unless necessary.

Oh and don't feel like you have to fill a "role". I don't mind there being more then one of the same class, hell it doesn't matter if your all fighters. I challenge my players fairly. If none of you heal, you will have opportunities to collect just enough healing potions as you would need so long as they are used wisely. If none of you pick locks or disarm traps. You may find trap puzzles, or notice trip wires, but you will scarcely find anything that is complex beyond. "Step over it forehead."

Edit: As for setting and plot I have a few campaign Ideas I had made. First is a classic globe trotting adventure. All I can say without spoiling the plot is, it is meant to be an epic campaign with a mix of political intrigue and big baddies in a softly fairy tale inspired world. Second is a classic Dungeon Crawl, fit with a city there in with plenty to talk to NPC wise. It would be a singular mega dungeon, following the principles given in games like Metroid, or Castlevania symphony of the night. A Metroidvania if you will. Depends on if you all want an epic story or a more contained adventure. The Mega Dudgeonworld, scrying is used for entertainment viewing, and the most popular "show" so to speak, ran by a beholder, is where 4 groups of adventurers are sent as contestants to go into a giant mega dungeon of the mad beholder Go'rian's design and compete for escape. If they can escape it, they earn their freedom. But only 1 of the 4 teams currently competing can leave. (Hence it's a competition between them.) In the center of the dungeon's first floor is the 'Quitters camp', a shanty town called Varicks Glory (Named after the man who first convinced his team and their competition teams to collectively quit and just band together to live instead of dying and fighting with one another to escape.) filled to the brim of people who had enough of the perils and decided instead of competing with one another to create a community and just live in the dungeon. Of coarse complete with second and even now third generations of people, young and old whom have only ever known the dungeons as well as all hosts of sentient creatures one would normally fight in a dungeon either living in Varicks Glory or taking advantage of it's people. If the prospect of a mega dungeon does not appeal, but you still want something smaller in scope, I can also do a city scape where you all adventure in and around a single large city and it's nearby lands.

Last edited:
I saw you advertising a Discord RP. Does this thread mean you're also interested in running an on-site D&D game?

I was wondering the same thing, if this was an extension of the discord group or if this ad was going to result in the game hosted on site.

Edit: I am certainly interested in kicking the tires on this and seeing where things go. I prefer on-site, though discord does have its benefits with a slew of different dice rolling bots available.

Back
Top Bottom