Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Thread Views Calculation(s)

tsukasa

Pregnancy lover
I've noticed for a while that thread views don't seem to follow any fixed mannerisms; they spike to around 1000 views more than they had only hours ago, then return to "normal" levels at a later point. I read a thread here which explained the thread view count mechanisms and how they are counted, but how exactly does this work? It really makes no sense when I see mine and other people's threads increase by around 1000 before dropping back to only slightly higher than they were before (which makes a lot more sense).

There's a cron that recalculates them every now and then... something silly might be happening with the routine. I wonder if it's pruning bot views.

There's a cron that recalculates them every now and then... something silly might be happening with the routine. I wonder if it's pruning bot views.
A cron job is required for that? XenForo doesn't just do it automatically and apply it to its database?

Views are not added to the thread table immediately if that is what you are asking.

It tracks them in a separate table then adds them up later.

Xenforo has a heavily denormalized database design. It's kind of weird.

Back
Top Bottom