Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tragedy of the Grand Fist Chapter Three

True Grave

Warrior
Black Reminiscence

Bellisarius continued to try and pierce the White Shield of Taran. No matter his effort, however, the smug bastard seemed unbothered.

"Come now, old friend. You're smarter than that."

Taran formed his own Black Spear, the pulsing energy frightening in its intensity. With no hesitation, he aimed for the right eye of Bellisarius.

In a flash, the Black Fist Master used his own White Shield to stop the attack. The strange symmetry between them was not lost on Bellisarius. Such a scene would never have been possible within the Grand Fist before their generation. Perhaps the fate of the order was the best explanation as to why. The energies faded and the two remained locked in position. It was Taran who came to reality first, quickly taking the initiative.

With the use of White Shove, he roughly put Bellisarius into the chair across from him. Such a shockwave attack would be impossible to dodge or block at close range. Taran picked up his cup of tea and took a sip.

“Now then, Bellisarius, please do have some tea. It’s just like how the Grandmasters used to make it.”

The Black Fist Master recovered and glared hard at Taran.

“What’s your game, you bastard? Why play nice rather than try to kill me?”

“Well, it would hardly be sporting if I killed you right away. And I could have, you know. You’re fighting emotionally and leaving too many openings. If our Grandmasters could see you now, they would be appalled at your lack of technique.”

“My Grandmasters COULD see me now if you hadn’t killed them, you traitor.”

“Well, that is a valid point. Fighting as you are now, though, you’re certainly not going to avenge them.”

“How could you do it, Taran? You not only killed every Grandmaster, but you killed Cassandra and Haley, our beloved wives, as well. Haley loved you more than anything and you murdered her!”

Genuine sadness appeared in the eyes of Taran.

“I suppose you couldn’t have known. I didn’t kill Haley. I never would have laid a hand on her in that way. She…killed herself.”

Bellisarius reeled back in shock.

“…What?”

Taran shook his head.

“It matters not now. Cassandra’s death was a tragic accident. I intended for all four of us to survive that day.”

Bellisarius shook his head.

“Even if what you say is true, I cannot forgive such wanton slaughter. Why did you do it, Taran? Tell me why!”

The White Fist Master leaned back in his chair.

“For freedom.”

Bellisarius was puzzled.

“Freedom? From what?”

“Think back Bellisarius. Do you remember the day we first met? That was the day that we lost our freedom.”

Back
Top Bottom