Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Little Wrestling (Katu and Spitfire)

katuzov

Fighter of the Nightman
The night opened with the Six Man- Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match. The bout was brutal, as all ladder matches tend to be, and none of the competitors left unscathed. Blood was drawn, bodies battered, careers shortened, but in the end, a nearly broken Matt Riddle, despite a shoulder that was clearly separated, managed to climb the ladder, and with one arm unhooked and secured the briefcase containing a contract for a title shot, anytime, anywhere for one year.

However, the shot would not come that night. Matt had to leave the arena to see to his shoulder. While the ring was being reset for the women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match, Cathy Kelly caught up with Lucas Edger, the number one contender for Seth Rollins’ World Heavyweight Championship. Their match, the main event, would cap off the evening.

“Lucas, now that Matt Riddle has been taken to a medical facility, that has to give you confidence for your match tonight.”

“Why?” Lucas’ dark brown eyes seemed alight with intense focus. “Because I don’t have to worry about him cashing in? Interfering in my business? All my life, I have wanted to be the world champion. My entire career, I have been chasing this one, single, goal. Nothing is going to stop me.”

Lucas decided to end the interview, there was nothing more to say, so he stormed off. The cameras caught him passing by Lola Petite. “Out of my way, short stuff.” he grumbled. He barely knew her, there was no reason to know her. His life revolved around achieving his ultimate goal. Tonight he would accomplish it.

Backstage, Lola watched the match and the single question interview as Cathy tried to speak to him. She respected his focus but he wasn't the best guy to talk to. His response to her presence was fairly expected. She was new to the federation and often beneath the notice of many of the veteran wrestlers, especially the men. Still, his comment amused her somehow. "You'll bow down to me eventually," she said with a laugh before turning to saunter away.

She had a ladder match to prepare for and being the newest of the competitors, she needed the win. And the young woman was determined to take the briefcase.

When her intro music began, the five foot Lola Petite, The Mighty Aphrodite, made her way to the ring. She took her time to strut down the ramp. Stepping into the ring, she emphasized her curves and flipped her long raven hair. The neon blue tips matched the accent color on her black top and short shorts. After each wrestler was afforded her own entrance, the match began just as quickly and furiously as the men's. One after the other, they were toppled, Lola herself taking more than one ladder to the back but it was clear she could give as much as she could take. In the final race to the case, she kicked over her opponent's ladder and claimed the victory.

Bloody but grinning, she basked in the praise from fans. She had the key to challenging for the Women's Championship in her grasp and she couldn't wait for Rousey to be vulnerable and unable to decline the fight.

As the Women's Money in the Bank match progressed, Lucas changed from his street clothes into his ring gear. He wore all black boots, pants and arm sleeves. He kept his chest bare to show off his chiseled chest and abdominal muscles. By the time Lola grasped the briefcase, he had emerged from his dressing room. The women's champion Rhonda Rousey was beginning to walk to the ring for her match. As they were longtime friends, Lucas gave her a nod. "Take care tonight,"

"Oh, I'm not worried, about the pipsqueak I'm facing, or the pipsqueak who just got the briefcase."

Lucas chuckled, and was about to reply when Rhonda's smirk faded, she was looking past him. He turned around to see Lola walking towards them, likely on her way back to her own dressing room.

"Careful with that." He said gesturing at the briefcase that held a contract for a title match, any time, anywhere. "It's almost bigger than you, I'm impressed you can lift it."

Rhonda laughed, but also glared at shorter woman.

Clearly pleased with herself, the dark-haired woman sauntered up the ramp and backstage. Seeing her rival with the man who'd insulted her earned a life wasn't a shock. They were both winners in the ring but awful people outside of it. She wasn't even certain Rousey saw her as a rival so much as a nuisance, but still, Lola despised the taller woman.

"Brave words for two assholes who have title matches coming up. I could kneecap you right here and make losing those belts really easy for you." Smirking at Lucas, "Then you really would kneel to me, huh big guy?" She gave him a wink and looks at Rousey. Her glare was threatening and the fact that she just won a free shot at the champion, the winner of Ronda's match, gave her more than enough confidence to stand up to the pair.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" Her question was accompanied by a raised brow as 'Bad Reputation' began to play over the loud speaker. The Women's Champion glared again before leaving to make her stage entrance. Lola was left with Lucas and gave him a smug look. She had already given away her plan for Rousey's match but she didn't seem to care. Rousey was going to be beaten and in pain, ripe for the picking.

Rhonda leaving left Lucas alone with Lola, who clearly had grown too big for her britches - as if that were possible. Quite frankly, he didn't have time to worry about the upstart, let alone deal with her. Plenty of people came to the WWE believing that they were going to take the wrestling world by storm. How annoying that this one managed to already find success.

"A bit of free advice. Learn your place, or you will get hurt." He was certain that she would wait to the end of the match between Rousey and Lynch to cash in her briefcase. "Enjoy your title reign, I'm sure it will be one of the shortest ever recorded. You might want to keep in mind that the title has no owners, only takers." The camera caught every word, the audience both live and TV saw the exchange between the entrances of Rousey and Lynch.

With that, Lucas retreated to his own dressing room to do the last of his preparations for his own match.

His 'advice' earned him a rather harsh glare. He clearly cared very little about her opinion as he walked away. "Dick head," she muttered under her breath. His comment did get the gears turning in her mind though. She looked back toward the ring. Rousey and Lynch were trash talking one another before the match began. She sighed harshly and returned to her dressing room to mull over what she would do.

The match was a vicious one but Rousey managed to keep her title. At that moment, Lola had a decision to make. She could cash in and hopefully take the championship or she could hold out for something else. Part of her had hoped Lynch would win the fight but Rousey was a fierce competitor with a background that spoke for itself. It was obvious by the expectant look on Ronda's face that she assumed Lola would come for her title belt immediately. But nothing. Lola watched on, uncertain if that was disappointment in the Women's Champ's eyes.

Lola remained in her dressing room, watching and waiting for the next match to begin. Rollins and Edger were bound to be a good show and Championship matches were among the most entertaining.

It was time for night's main event.

As the challenger, Lucas entered first. The arena went dark, his music started. Strobe lights flashed, the titantron came to life with highlight's from Lucas's career. His walk to the ring was carefully choreographed. He walked along with the beat, reaching the top rope in the near corner just in time to raise his arms as the song's hook hit. Pyrotechnics exploded, Lucas's arms raised. The crowd roared in a mix of cheers and boos. Both fueled him. He hopped down, and stalked his way diagonally across the ring to the far corner, and repeated his pose.

His heart pumped, this was the biggest match in his career.

Burn it down brought prematurely ended his entrance. Lucas muttered to himself. He hated this song.

The crowd however, loved it. Singing along. Seth Freakin' Rollins appeared, dramatically conducting the crowd as he pranced down to the ring.

A quiet cold fury filled Lucas. He stared, almost unblinking at the champion, and the belt around his waist.

The TV commentators were sure to announce that this would be the first Money in the Bank event where a contract was not cashed in. Since Matt Riddle was now at a medical facility, and the women's match had came and went without Lola cashing in.

The crowd continued singing long after the music had stopped. Even as the ref gave Seth and Lucas his instructions. The champion smirked, filled with confidence while the challenger sneered. Every second that he had to hear that damn song making him more and more angry. When the bell rang, Lucas leaped into action, driven by rage. While he landed a few blows, Seth was able to take advantage of Edger's wild and off balance attacks.

The match took nearly 20 minutes. Lucas managed to kick out of a pedigree, and avoid a curb stomp, before connecting with the Razor's Edge and landing a coup de grace from the top rope. It was all he could do to make it to the top rope. His legs felt like water as he jumped. It was the very last bit of energy that he crawled over, hooked Seth's leg pinned him.

The ref signaled for the bell. Samantha Irvin proclaimed, "Here is your winner, and NEW WORLD HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPION, LUCAS EDGER." Waiting to be told started. The ref handed the gold belt to Lucas, who had to lean against the ropes to remain upright. He had done it. He held the belt, looking at it, tears in his eyes. All of his hard work had paid off. His eyes went from the belt to the titantron, which showed him holding the belt. It was an image he'd remember forever.

Suddenly the screen went black.

Mid-fight, Lola decided what she would do. But only if Edger won the match. When the result became clear, she made her way to the corridor. She watched the cameras on him, the tears of joy in his eyes filled her with glee. The screen went black, the lights dimmed, and her music played again. The spotlights were on her as she ran to the stage, briefcase in hand. She slid under the bottom rope and quickly rolled to her feet. Without hesitation, she smacked the champ in the face with the case. Then it came down over his back.

She handed the man her case and made her intention to cash in expressly clear, even though she was far from a heavyweight. After it was accepted, she kicked him while he was down. The rest of the match was brutal, she took heavy shots to the abdomen and head from the man fiercely defending his brand new title. Although he'd been pretty badly beaten by his previous opponent, he was determined not to take this loss. Still, his injuries were obvious and since she'd watched carefully, she knew the right places to hit. Rollins had at least bruised some ribs and she used that to her advantage.

His dropkick flattened her but she kicked out of the pin. By the time she pulled out the Lolacanrana and grabbed his leg for the pin, he no longer had enough energy to toss even the small wrestler from atop his chest.

The ref signaled for the bell and the victorious woman nearly fell to the mat in exhaustion. With the help of the ref, she stood and accepted her belt with a renewed exuberance. "And the NEW WORLD HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPION, The Mighty Aphrodite herself, Lola Petite." The new-comer was immediately celebrated and booed as Edger had been at his entrance as she held the belt aloft. The smile never faded from her face.

Grinning, she leaned down to address the man, "You might want to keep in mind that the title has no owners, only takers. Is this... the shortest title reign ever recorded? I don't remember."

Initially confusion filled Lucas. Why would Lola bother running to the ring with her briefcase during his celebration. The women's match had already concluded, and the combatants had departed. Was she really hoping to challenge him for a match?

The Television commentary desk was going crazy. Both gentlemen coming to the conclusion that the contract did not specify that it had to be a 'women's title.' Lola had the right to a title match at any time. It was completely up to her. Though they were divided on the wisdom of such an action.

For his part, Lucas put the title belt down and stood. He started shouting at her, telling her to go back stage. He knew that she'd have to turn in the briefcase before the match started...

Thus he was caught completely off guard when it struck him in the face, and then on the back of his head. He went down in a heap, his head spinning. The sound of Irvin's voice announcing that Lola was cashing in sounded like it was three counties away.

Again the TV announcers were beside themselves. One said that Lola should be disqualified because she used the briefcase as a weapon, the other correctly pointed out that no match had started yet. While Lucas was able to get to his feat, the damage had been done. He couldn't help but find himself the victim of Petite's vicious Lolacanrana. He couldn't believe what was happening, but couldn't get out from under Lola as the ref counted.

Lucas rose to his knees and beheld her... holding his title. Fireworks that should have been for him went off to celebrate her. He tried to get to his feet but crashed back down to his hands and knees. The briefcase shots still affected him. Her taunts hit him just as hard. "I'm going to be coming for that belt. This won't last." He said, still a bit groggy.

"I've already out-lasted you, Edger." Spurred on by his vow and an overwhelming feeling of glee at her victory, she took a bit more time to bask in her glory before leaving the ring. She high-fived people as she walked up the ramp. Jeers were met with laughter. Leaning into her bratty persona, she stuck her tongue out at a particularly angry older man. Granted, her challenge was self-serving, but it was impressive that a woman who stood barely above five feet tall and weighed no more than one-thirty had taken the title. It hardly mattered that she was toned muscle when she was about half his size.

Rousey was waiting in the wings, clearly ready to confront her before Cathy was back for an interview with the surprise of the night. "From the Women's Money in the Bank winner to World Heavyweight Champion, it's been an eventful night for you. How does it feel to have so many victories in one go?"

"Feels great. Obviously Lucas is gonna want this back after barely getting to hold it but he'll have to wait. I plan on celebrating well into the night so he can take it up with me tomorrow if he's that hard up." She gave Ronda dismissive wave as she walked past toward her dressing room.

As promised, Lola spent all night and well into the morning tearing up the town with her friends. Not a single nay-sayer existed in her world as Liv Morgan toasted to her and her 'brilliantly timed and flawlessly executed' Lolacanrana. From dinner and drinks to one club after another and then on to a hotel room party, there were no breaks. Passing out in her bed, barely clothed, was how she ended the 'night' but she woke in the early afternoon, warm in the knowledge that a title belt was hers.

That night, getting ready for the show, she avoided contact with Rousey and Edger altogether. Not giving them the opportunity to tell her off felt even better than gloating to their faces. However, to get fan riled, she wore the belt down the ramp and into the ring, taking her time in her journey. From upstart to champion in a night made her revered by most and reviled by some. The Mighty Aphrodite was magnificent as she sang and pantomimed along with her song, pointing to the belt at the line 'This is my armor.'

Her match with Becky Lynch wasn't quick but it seemed effortless for the woman on a winning streak. Afterward, she stood in the middle of the ring, victorious again and riding her high.

Edger meanwhile spent the evening in shock. The belt was in his hands, and now.... through sheer insanity it had wound up in Lola's hands. However, he had a plan, and though he didn't have a match on Monday, he put it into action.

As Lola celebrated her victory over Becky Lynch, her music was suddenly interupted.

Time to play the game.
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME.

Triple H himself walked out wearing a suit, microphone in hand.

"Cut my music." He yelled, and after a couple notes, it stopped, though the crowd was still electric. "Clever girl." He said. "Very clever, no one thought about you cashing in your Money In The Bank contract for the World Heavyweight Championship, and hey... you won it, you even defended it against Lynch Congratulations." He paused, pacing at the top of the ramp. No need for him to approach the ring. "However, that title puts you under my jurisdiction. You see, it might be on your waist, but that's only for as long as you can defend it, and I decide who the number one contender is."

The crowd started chanting, half of it repeating "Asshole." Over and over. A louder contingent began chanting "One more match." Triple H smirked at both chants. "No no, none of that." He said.

"Next week, in that very ring, you will defend your title against the person whom I believe is the rightful owner."

Waiting to be told started playing.

Lucas walked out, to a mixed reaction. He too wore street clothes.

"Next week Lola, it's you and me."

Though she was surprised her music is replaced, especially by Triple H's, she merely crossed her arms and lifted a brow at his entrance. She laughed when he called her 'Clever Girl' and it was clear even the Chief couldn't bring her down from her high. Still smiling, she shook her head at Lucas. Even after being challenged, she was still amused.

She took the mic from the ref and took her chance to speak. "Yeah yeah, whatever you say Helmsley," waving him off dismissively before addressing the man she defeated. "He called you 'The rightful owner' but if I remember correctly, you said," moving her arm in a sweeping motion to the crowd, "in front of the entire world, that this belt has no owners. Only takers. Is that right? We can check out the playback if you need a reminder. I know a good hard blow to the head can make things pretty foggy."

The screen offers the proof of Lola's assertion before cutting back to her. "So sure, Triple H can have his say and you can have a rematch. Just remember, The Mighty Aphrodite doesn't play to lose and I'm obviously smarter than you gave me credit for."

"Next week, Lucas. It's definitely me."

Lucas sneered, enraged by the cockiness of the small brunette. Worse, she was right, he had to watch as his own words were used against him. It was infuriating. "Next Monday, Lola. Your little, and I do mean little show ends."

He would allow her to have any last retort before walking off.

The next week, he was brimming with confidence. Lola had managed to beat him thanks to that briefcase - and the fact that he had just fought the match of his life. Now, with no one else to fight, and a full 2 weeks of rest, he was ready.

He refused to talk to anyone, no need for any interviews. When Waiting to Be Told started, he walked to the ring, his face pure stone, he meant business, and was certainly not underestimating his opponent. After allowing the crowd to make their mixed reaction, he waited for Lola.

Laughing at his attempt to insult her, whether on the basis of her height or the length of her reign as champion, she clearly didn't care. His frustration and anger amused her and she couldn't help but offer up a parting shot. "Run along with Daddy now Lukie. You're clearly very cranky and it's past your bedtime."

She took her final bow and beamed, giving Lucas and the chief enough time to be out of the way when she came barreling through.

The next week, her demeanor was vastly opposed to that of her new-found rival's. It seemed nothing could bring her down. She was quite talkative with interviewers, her boasts seemingly cavalier for someone who had a lot working against her in this match. "If he thought Rollins was the fight of his life, he's about to find out what little girls are made of. Pro Tip. No sugar, lots of spice, and not a damn thing nice but these curves."

When 'Steeple' began playing, she came out to an uproar, holding her belt aloft. As she made her way down the ramp, she high-fived fans, paying more attention to the women and girls in the audience. Taking a selfie with one younger girl, "This one's for you!" When she reached the ring at the end of her song, she smiled at Lucas. "You ready to go? Last chance to save yourself from the embarrassment of being beat down by a woman half your size."

As much as Lucas had hated 'Burn it Down.' He was really starting to hate 'Steeple.' Seeing the belt in her hands, with LL side plates on it was absolutely infuriating. He sneered as she played to the crowd, and made one young fan cry tears of joy by taking a selfie. By the time she got to the ring, he was nearly blind with rage.

That emotion did not serve him well. His punches were out of control, and easily dodged. Lola had no trouble counter attacking, focusing her attacks on Edger's right knee. He began to wince in pain, and each step felt painful. However, he managed to grab her, and put her in a sleeper. Though she struggled, the Mighty Aphrodite couldn't compete with him when it came to sheer strength. The ref began checking her hand...

"BRO."

Matt Riddle began rushing to ring, suitcase in hand. Lucas whispered in Lola's ear. "Oh hell no. This is between you and me." Though he still held her, and his face contorted with exertion, in reality he loosened his grip. "As soon as he cashes in, we are removing him from this match, then we'll settle this."

Matt handed the briefcase to the ref and yelled "Cash it in, bro!"

Samantha Irvin spoke into the Microphone. "Matt Riddle has cashed in his MONEY IN THE BANK CONTRACT. This match is now a three way for the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP."

Lucas suddenly released Lola, and hit Matt with a standing drop kick.

She had been warned she would lose to the large man but she hardly seemed concerned. That was her precise strategy. Speaking to him as though he weren't a threat, goading him into a foolish rage meant he would make mistakes and she was using that to her full advantage. Until she couldn't. The gasp of relief hit as soon as he loosened his hold. She tapped his leg to show him she agreed. As soon as he let her go, she took a step back and a long breath, watching the other opportunist receive immediate punishment for making his play. She shook her head. The idiot had done it all wrong. RIP Matt Riddle.

The moment he got to his feet, she ran in the opposite direction, bounced off the ropes with all her might and through her full body weight into Riddle's ribs. He'd had some time to recover, but not enough for that not to impact his previous injuries. Together, the pair made quick work of the man who dared to interrupt their match, much to the surprise of the commentators. Most assumed that Lola had encouraged the cash in and she'd be teaming up with Riddle in the fight.

Matt got a few shots in, one good blow to Lucas's knee and another shot to Lola's back. Finally having enough, the pair decide on a tactic. She jumps and Lucas lifts her into a Lolacanrana, flipping Riddle to the floor.

Lucas only needed to look at Lola for her to understand. She jumped into his interlocked fingers and he flung her upwards, allowing her to flip and then hook Matt's shoulders with her legs, flipping him lover. The TV announcers were going crazy, asking how it could be that the two of them were on the same page. Though Lucas could not hear them, he wouldn't have cared. The truth was, this wasn't Matt's match. The original bro needed to be taken out of the equation. Lucas still had business with Lola.

With Matt down, Lucas climbed to the top rope and leapt off, nailing him with a coup de grace. Matt's eyes shot open, and he cried out in pain, grabbing his ribs. Lucas didn't give him a chance to recover. Instead, he picked him up, and held him so that Lola could land a few punches on him.

With Matt unable to move, Lola had free reign to unleash her anger on the man. She punched him in the face then kicked him repeatedly in the ribs. Her blows were relentless and she didn't stop until it appeared the man was unconscious. "Alright. He's done. Let's do this."

The second Lucas dropped the man who tried to cut in, Lucas was hit from behind with a chair. Wide-eyed, Lola looked at her friend Liv Morgan, clearly surprised by her ally's actions. Still, the pair were amused and the two shared a laugh for a moment. "Better than a briefcase," Live said with a shrug.

"Nothing has ever been as fun to hit a man with as that briefcase," Lola admitted. "But go on. I got this one." With a kick to Edger's ribs, she laughed again. "Looks like it's still my match to win Lucas."

As Lola said "Let's do this." Lucas nodded and got ready to lock up with her. However, he suddenly found his legs collapsing from beneath him. What was that loud bang.

Why did his head hurt?

Why was the ring spinning?

What was Liv Morgan doing out there, Why is she laughing with Lola.

Slowly putting it together, as she kicked his ribs, Lucas started to get up, however the world continued to spin. "urrrgh." Was all he could get out.

She clasped her hands together and brought them down like a club over his back. Continuing to kick him in the ribs, she taunted him about how Triple H had to give him the shot at getting the title back and he was blowing it. She laughed at how 'Daddy Helmsley' would be so disappointed in him.

After flipping him to his back, she puts him in a pin position and waits for the ref to count Lucas out.

Back
Top Bottom