Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kiwi Chronicles

SaltedKiwi

☾ Space Druid ☽︎
Journal Entry: 1

Well, here goes nothing. I've never been one for pouring out my own thoughts in writing; I much rather pour out the thoughts of my creations. But I suppose it's time to give it a shot. Who am I kidding? The very idea of someone reading these ramblings of a disillusioned developer is terrifying, while at the same time being oddly cathartic. But hey, if it helps me sort out my thoughts or provides some semblance of organization, then I suppose it's worth a shot.

Today marks the beginning of my documented existence on Blue Moon—or at least, the first time I've put the figurative pen to paper, so to speak. It's actually the first time I've mustered the willpower to articulate my thoughts and let them breathe outside the confines of my mind. With it being within 24 hours of creating my account, I'd say it's a healthy first step. It's as if the weight of endless lines of code and unfulfilled aspirations is pushing me to find solace in the written word. While doing so on Blue Moon might be an unconventional choice, I'd say it's hitting two targets with a single arrow.

Within the recesses of my mind, questions arise, gnawing at the core of my being. Am I destined to forever dwell in the shadows, crafting tales that are destined to only exist in my mind? The sense of disillusionment weighs heavily on me, threatening to dampen the spark of creativity that once burned brighter than the sun reflecting on icy snow.

In my quest to find respite from the cacophony of expectations, I've sought solace in peculiar rituals. The aroma of freshly brewed instant coffee from my black mug covered in villains from the Marvel universe wafts through the air, accompanying me on the journey of pixel-perfect designs and intricate CSS animations. It's a warm elixir that invigorates my senses and lends a touch of comfort, allowing my imagination to soar. Though, to be fair, that might just be my crippling caffeine addiction talking.

Ironically, as I delve into the depths of my creative process, I find myself drawn to the lives of the characters I bring to life. Their stories, their triumphs and tribulations, ignite a fire within me—a reminder of the boundless possibilities that exist within the realms of storytelling. In their adventures, I seek solace, inspiration, and a renewed sense of purpose.

Within the sanctuary of my virtual writing desk, I find refuge. The glow of the screen illuminates my face, casting a glow upon the words that spill forth from my fingertips. Here, in this digital haven, I can delve into the nuances of plot and character, crafting narratives that transport readers to far-off worlds and evoke emotions that linger long after the final page.

So, I guess that concludes my journal entry. If you managed to read this far, firstly, I want to thank you. Secondly, I promise I'm not usually this pretentious in my writing, and at first I did have an ending to this entry written but it was just so pretentious it made me ever so slightly sick. Instead of leaving that in I'll replace it with something else, an extract from a book I read last year:

"You kicked my balls, you fuck-eyed little pigdick!"

Short and sweet.

Until next entry, this is Kiwi, signing off.

Back
Top Bottom