Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Feedback On My Interest Check

Chippairaptor

UMP-45's Husband
I wrote up this interest check, and it's gotten no traction. I'd just like to know what I could do to improve the thread and gain more interest.

Digimon-Logo-PNG-Image.png

31bfd0244a1f4abc4f6cf118ca73b713.png

Five years ago, the Hypnos Corporation released their highly anticipated game, Digimon: Emergence. By utilizing augmented reality and real-time GPS tracking, players could use their smartphones to track down Digimon in the real world, and battle against and alongside other players. The game quickly became a worldwide phenomenon, and Hypnos Corporation became one of the most profitable companies in the world in the span of six months. Of course, the game wasn't without its problems, but after being cooped up by global pandemic, people were looking for any excuse to get out of the house. As time went on, the bugs were ironed out, but the game still has little issues here and there.

As with any game, there have been all kinds of stories tied to it. Some are sweet, wholesome stories that were featured on the news, like "I met my husband during a boss raid!". However, other rumors and legends have been swirling around the internet.

"My Digimon said my name!"

"I saw a real Koromon in the park!"

"Guilmon stole my sandwich!?"

Most people dismiss these stories as outright lies, or guerilla marketing for the game. However many people insist that these strange stories that tie back to Digimon are true. One rumor in particular has reached the status of urban legend in the city of Tokyo after it was posted on the anonymous forum Nichannel.

I was playing D:E in the park near his school after the sun went down. My friend told me that he'd found lots of rare Digimon there, and they only came out at night. I waited for so long, but I didn't see a single Digimon on my phone. I was about to head home when I saw a glowing blue flame among the trees. I was mesmerized. Something about it seemed to want to come close to it. I drew closer to the flame, but it began moving away. I started following the fire until it came to a stop at an old shrine. Sitting there were two women in fox masks wearing outfits like shrine maidens'. They were singing in a language I didn't understand.

When their song finished, they turned to look at me. I had no idea who they were, but being near them, I felt a sense of peace. One of them, whose outfit was red, asked me a question: "Art thou a Tamer?" I was confused by what she meant, at first. The second, dressed in black, blew a smoke ring from her pipe, and said, "What my sister means is, do you play Digimon: Emergence?"

I was confused. Why would they want to know if I played a game on my phone? I simply answered, yes, and the two shrine maidens smiled. "We have a gift for you," the woman in black said. "But you must answer this question for us: do you want your Digimon to be stronger, or do you want them to have new abilities?"

"Why not both?" I asked. The two mikos chuckled, and the woman in red wagged her finger at me.

"Thou art too greedy, little boy," she chided. "Come and find us again when thine heart is purer."

There was a bright flash of light, and I covered my eyes. When I opened them again, the two mikos were nowhere in sight, and the air felt charged with electricity. I have no photos or videos to back this story up, but it actually happened. If you see the two maidens, don't make the same mistake I did.

Hypnos has made no comment on any of these stories beyond, "People have such vivid imaginations!" But are all of these accounts just stories fabricated to entertain fellow internet users? Or is there a kernel of truth to them? There's only one way to find out...

So first and foremost, this RP WILL NOT BE NSFW. The tone of this RP will be more in line with Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory. Characters will be in their late teens and older, and Tamers may have up to two Digimon partners, with the stipulation that if a character starts with two Digimon partners, they will both be Rookie level.

As for the Digivices, two will be available to choose from as gifts from the mysterious mikos: the Digivice SP and the Digivice VB. While both are able to provide the ability to induce Digivolution, the two have different functions.
  • Digivice SP: The Digivice SP provides a power boost to Digimon when they Digivolve. A Digimon with boosted power is roughly 20% stronger than if they had Digivolved without the use of a Digivice SP.
  • Digivice VB: While the Digivice VB lacks the power boosting ability of the SP, it makes up for it by being able to make use of Digital Modification (or DiM) cards to provide a Digimon with attacks and abilities that it normally wouldn't be able to use; while the attacks and abilities provided by DiM cards provide more utility, any attacks and abilities used are less powerful than normal attacks.. DiM cards can be obtained by defeating different Digimon, or by purchasing them from [REDACTED].
One of the other major inspirations is Digimon Ghost Game. How are Digimon that manifest in the human world interacting with people? Are they scared? Hostile? Maybe they've inspired an urban legend or two?

I hope to have around five people in the RP, including myself. If there are any questions, please feel free to ask them. Same goes for any ways to improve the RP! ^^

Ultimately I think it reads/flows well as an pitch. It could be a combination of being a non sexual RP and/or an RP based off a somewhat niche fandom like Digimon. Fandom RPs outside of a select few widely popular IPs tend to be a bit harder to get off the ground.

There's nothing wrong with your story, and it's an easy hook that anyone could create an OC with. The only thing potentially complicated would be the Digivice VB system; you either need a list of obtainable, balanced cards that can be acquired, or you're playing the role of DM and assigning cards you create on a whim. You may want to decide how that works if you intend to go through with a system like that.

Other than that, I'll be honest: sex is a huge part of this forum's appeal, and denying roleplayers the chance to become intimate with either a fellow Tamer or a Digimon is a blow. The non-sexual forum isn't that popular in terms of bumpage, so it's not something most Blue Mooners appear to be looking for. Finding one person to do this with is possible, but assembling a group of five people here to do it? You may want to lower your expectations a little and shoot to make this plot a 1x1.

Digimon is also not up there in terms of popularity compared to its brother franchise, Pokemon, and picking up just one person to do this world with--without sex--is probably the luckiest you'll get. If you believe in making it a larger story, you and another partner can create more than one character if you wish to double or triple if you're feeling brave.

I'd attempt the 1x1 idea if you don't want to sacrifice your intention of keeping this experience non-sexual, unless some Digimon fan lurkers show up outta nowhere foaming at the mouth for a concept like this and wanna group up. Some people wanna fuck Renamon or be dominated by Leomon, though, so fingers crossed.

Good luck bro!

Back
Top Bottom