Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gods of the Golden City (Modern Day Deities, Interest Check)

Foxy DeVille

Planetoid
San Francisco has always had a certain magic. The City By The Bay calls out to unique spirits to come hither and embraces them. Yet for all the singular sights and sounds the people of San Francisco have experienced, even they would be amazed to know that gods walk among them. Perhaps only with only a sliver of their former glory but gods nonetheless. Their current lives may seem mundane but they are still driven by their immortal desires. Sometimes they act in concert with one another, sometimes they are in conflict. But beyond the bond of immortality they all share a love for the place they now call home. After all, they are…

w0YvSZD.png

Come and get your god game! To summarize: A) There are gods. And B) They live in San Francisco. Now in addition to this being an interest check I'd like this to be a bit of a brainstorming session in order to create a story with lasting appeal. Some of my thoughts on the matter…

1. I'd like to see some peeps from beyond the usual pantheons that run around current fiction. Not saying you have to, just encouraging it to add diversity.
2. The gods know each other but that doesn't mean they have like each other. Mythology is chock full of squabbles between deities that were in the same family so there is room for rivalries in this.
3. Remember that they are gods, not just pretty people with supernatural powers. They have portfolios that provide motivation. Plus they've felt their power wane as their worship did so keeping themselves in the minds of mortals is a priority.
4. Civic pride! The gods like living in their adopted city. The Bay Area's pretty cool so I'd like to make the setting come alive.
5. The gods aren't in god-mode. Sure, they're greater than mere mortals but they're very diminished. I'm thinking they're a bit better physically and maybe have a one to three special abilities tied to their portfolios at most.
6. Stuff should happen. Socializing is good but plots keep things interesting. Threats to the city, enemies of the gods showing up, personal rivalries. Maybe there are situations that cause some people to wonder about certain folk within the city.

Those are some of my thoughts. Now I'd like to hear some of yours, if you're interested.

I like the idea of this concept, so I'll throw my hat in the ring. Let me know what I can do to get prepped for stuff if you'll have me aboard.

Keeping an eye on this thread! I'd love to reprise Athena and maybe Baianai if it gains more interest.

Back
Top Bottom