Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jealous? Roy Mustang? [The King Of Yaoi]

Chocolat

Planetoid
Roy Mustang did not usually consider himself a jealous man. Usually. That was until his best friend Maes Hughes began to date Gracia. Maes talked about her all the time, and when he wasn’t talking about her, he was spending time with her. Roy was so sick of hearing about the woman that he thought he might actually vomit. The worst part was that Roy didn’t hate Gracia at all. She was a nice woman, fairly attractive, and it was a miracle that there was a female in the country that could actually put up with Maes’s ridiculousness. Her only flaw as that she had become the center of Maes Hughes’s world, leaving very little space for Roy to stand on. This upset Roy more than it should have.

He loved that Maes was happy. He loved that his friend had found someone. But he hated working to get Maes’s attention. They were best friends! Roy should have a bigger part in the man’s life than he did right now. That’s the way it was supposed to be between best friends, even if one of them was in a serious relationship (he hoped it wasn’t that serious). Thus he had asked Maes out for a drink… or two… or whenever one of them got too drunk to stand on their own two feet. Just like old times.

Roy arrived at the bar earlier than the time he had told Maes to meet him. He ordered a drink and found a seat at a small table for two, but he spent more time staring down at the amber colored liquid than he did drinking it. He had just come from work. The blue jacket of his uniform was hung on the back of his chair and he wore only one of his alchemist gloves (just in case). His jet black hair was only slightly ruffled, caused by the hat that now hung on the chair with his jacket. He gave the waitress a smile, causing her to blush and linger for a moment even though he had just told her he wouldn’t be needing anything else just yet.

How long had he been with her? He wasn't even sure now, hey- they weren't even married but the addictive sort of tendencies showed already. He loved her, maybe a little too much where it all just ended up being a horrible redundant thing for him to say or do. Pictures lined his wallet already of the woman he loved, Gracia. The one he had been with for almost every waking moment. Now that he was getting some time with his friend Roy, no doubt he would started to talk about the maiden- though this time his tone would seem a bit different. Marriage~ It had crossed his mind and he felt like telling his best friend about it before he actually went over to Gracia and asked her hand in marriage. It was just something that friends did right? Talk about their love lives and life altering decisions with those that cared about them. So time to meet up with his best buddy, right?

Walking down the nearby street, he couldn't help but stare at one of the pictures in his wallet, enjoying the fact that he could bring her everywhere with him even if she wasn't there. He could always see her smiling in the pictures he took, she looked beautiful and he himself couldn't stop thinking about her as he pressed up one of the nearby buildings just to let out a longing sigh! Gracia! She was all he ever thought about nowadays, pushing Roy out of the way almost completely. He didn't mean to do it to him, it just seemed to happen all by accident. Slowly he regained himself and started walking again, eyes looking up through their spectacles to see exactly where he was. He was suppose to met Roy at a nearby bar to drink and be merry like old times. He could do that! It'd be fun.

Holding the picture tightly in his grasp he walked on, making sure he didn't miss the bar as he carefully stuffed the picture of his love back into his wallet. Closing it he hid it once more in one of his pockets and made his way inside the bar. Eyes looking back and forth, searching for the other before seeing the other. Sitting at a table nearby all by himself just waiting for him. "Hey" he said casually as he came up beside the table. Giving his friend a large smile. He'd try his best to ease into the topic of his love, but that would be kind of hard. Especially for him as he took a seat beside the other giving off a soft chuckle at the barely touched drink. "Waiting for me so you can start? Or starting without me?" he asked seeing that the other hadn't taken a sip from the alcohol while having ordered it well before he came.

Roy wasn’t aware of his friend’s approach until the man was only a few feet way from the table. He gave Maes a weary, tired, but overall happy smile as he watched him sit down. “Oh…” Roy looked down at his drink, using his fingers to twist the class clockwise a few times in his hand. “A little of both. My mind was still back on work and other things. It’s been pretty busy, but nothing too bad. I think I’ll get promoted sooner than I thought.” He raised his hand and caught the eye of the waitress who quickly came over to take Maes’s order.

He finally took a sip of his drink, ignoring the fact that it had gotten slightly watery. Maes was bursting to talk about Gracia. It wasn’t that Roy could read Maes’s mind, or interperate his gestures or words, he just knew that Maes always wanted to talk about her. It was amazing that she hadn’t been brought up yet. Roy didn’t plan on bringing attention to that fact. He would prefer if they didn’t talk about her at all.

Taking in the other's smile through his glasses he couldn't help but give back his own to the tired looking friend of his. He understood work, after all he worked in around the same line as the other- well military, either way it was always being seen as a dogs, so what's the point in rank? Fixated with the glass it seemed his friend was as he started to play with it some, well that was all fine an dandy. Considering the other was worked as hard as the others around him could make Roy work, that and the fact that his friend was aiming to be Fuhrer someday. "I see... " he spoke with a smile on his lips, he just couldn't help but smile at his friend, especially when hearing that Roy might be going up ranks yet again, that was what he wanted right? "The day you meet your goal is getting closer, eh?" he spoke with a playful nudge as the other called a waitress over making him divert his eyes to the lady.

Ordering without much hesitation, he then turned back to the other he saw that Roy had finally gotten to tasting his drink. Better this way than letting it go to waste, right? Watching the other he couldn't help but start talking about Gracia, maybe he could ease into it- no that was maybe a little too hard for the man. He was head over heels and would act accordingly. Well might as well get to the point before he exploded right? Right! "So... I've been thinking... " he started glancing at the other before pulling his wallet out and bringing out the picture he had gazed at only minutes ago before him once more. "About Gracia... and I'm thinking of marrying her...." he spoke staring at the picture with love in his eyes. As much as he wanted to look at his friend why he spoke but all the same he had to look at a picture of her while he spoke. He wished she was here, but it was best this way. "... I wanted to tell you first before I did anything... Roy..." he said gently, the smile in his eyes and on his lips holding and he pried his eyes away to look at his friend. Ignoring the fact that his drink had just been given to him.

”Yes, but once I get this promotion it will be harder to get the next one… Oh well, that’s what I signed up for so…” Roy let the thought trail off as he gave a shrug and took a second, larger sip of his drink. The liquid had a smooth taste with the slightest burn as it moved down his throat. A few more sips and he wouldn’t feel the burning at all, just the smooth flavor and the lightening of his head as the alcohol began to take effect on his body. He smirked at Maes’s nudge and returned it with one of his own. This is what he had wanted. A night with the his friend. The best thing was that tomorrow was the weekend, so he didn’t have to worry about drinking too much and going to work with a hangover…but of course he would never do that, especially since he was so close to making the next rank. Yes, things were going smoothly so far.

Of course Maes ruined it. Roy didn’t even try to hide it as he rolled his eyes in exasperation. Always Gracia, he was always thinking about Gracia. And then Roy heard the rest of the sentence. Marriage. Maes was thinking about marriage. Not good. He did his best not to panic, his hand tightening on his glass as he drank from it. He could see out of the corner of his eye that Maes’s attention was not focused on him, at least for the moment. Roy closed his eyes and released his head breath slowly.

When his eyes opened again, he was looking back at Maes with a serious, non threatening, non jealous look on his face. “So, are you asking for my opinion, or were you just telling me your plans before asking her despite whatever I will say?” The words came out harsher than what he intended, but Roy made no move to correct himself. “Do you think you’re ready for marriage?” He raised is hand for another drink, knowing he would need it close by as soon as he finished his first.

He hadn't thought that speaking about Gracia would anger or annoy the other. Then again he couldn't really get her off his mind and the fact that she was so lovely to even think that she would bother for someone when that was all he talked about. Maes hadn't thought that would ruin the night but all the same he wanted to ask the other just to see what he felt about it. Never had it occurred to him that he had virtually pushed the other clear out of his life and here, yet and he was pouring salt into the other's open wounds. He had been too focused on the picture to realize the sudden thought that had bubbled to the top of his head would hurt him, marriage- maybe the other just had never thought about it. Well he didn't really have a girl friend from what Maes understood that and he wasn't as madly in love as Maes was either. So maybe it was just something that just couldn't occur in his mind. No he didn't even see as the other collected himself why he was simply staring at her picture before looking over at the other with a hopeful look of approval. Not that he was really getting it.

Taking in the look from the other, he couldn't help but put on a slightly bewildered look before going to something much more solemn as he held her picture tight in his grasp. He was getting it straight from his friend, even if it did sting it was better than some stranger. "A little of both[" his expression softened to a rather jokey looking smile as he looked at the other, he couldn't be mad at Mustang he was his best friend! "Though hearing what you say helps me clear things up a bit....." he said tossing any joking look from his face to much more serious expression. Eyes turning from the other to look at Gracia's picture again before putting it away. "I think I'm ready... I just hope she says yes" he said virtually stating that he was going to go with what he planned, scanning the area before him he slowly cupped the order he had gotten in his hand and drew it to his lips. It was a virtually clear drink, one that burned just like the other's and the same would stop in due time. Just as long as he had enough of it to stop it from touching his insides so sensitively. "...I'm just glad your my friend Roy..." he stated after a long pause ans a sigh before sipping at his drink for a long time. Thinking, this time just about things that would possibly be happening soon- not about the fact that he was really hurting Roy so much. He didn't mean it though....

Roy sighed. “So am I, but lately, it hasn’t really felt like we’re friends.” He tilted his head back and drained the rest of his drink. “When you’re not working, you’re with her, so… Is that how it’s going to be when you’re married?” He knew his complaining was very selfish, but he didn’t care because he really missed Maes. They were friends long before Gracia showed up. He wasn’t going to let the woman steal him away completely. “How long have you thought about this? When are you planning on asking her?”

[[short and late post, sorry about that]]

He listened to the other's reasoning, it was valid. Anything the other was valid and all the same it made him feel a bit more down about this. Only Roy could do that to him as he eyed the man. Draining his glass while speaking about how far the rift had become with the two. He had started to speak, but frankly he wasn't even sure how things would be in the future, after all- he had no idea how he would be if he did get married to her. Yes he'd try to be with her every waking second, but then what about Roy? "I've been thinking about it for at least a few days... I'm not sure when... it has to be the right moment" he spoke, looking down for a moment as he downed a new drink the lady had handed him. With each drink he seemed to become a bit more hardened this time while with the other, but all the same he seemed to get a bit more 'funny' with Roy. "Its not like she's the only thing I have in life" he blurted out, partially drunk to the other, eyes on him. No he wasn't drunk, but a few more would get him there. How? Mm it had been a while since he had tasted more than half a glass. "You're my best friend... I like you a lot too" he spoke out straight as he liked the edge of the glass.`

[it's okay ^^'']

“Sure you do.” Roy said, his tone biting and slightly accusing. He couldn’t help but come back to the fact that things would be different once Maes was married. It wouldn’t be long before the newly weds would want to start a family, and what then? “You said you’d be there for me, help me become Führer one day. If you get married…I don’t see how well you would be able to do that.” He started on his new drink, taking quick sips as he thought and spoke.

“Hell, you said you were going to do it anyway, so what does my opinion even matter?” He gave a short, sharp laugh that was void of any amusement. “I’m being a selfish bastard, I know. Gracia’s a good woman. She’d be the perfect wife for you, besides me—except for the obvious reason that I’m not a girl… Just… don’t forget about me, ok?” As he drank, the alcohol helped loosen his tongue, allowing Roy to say things that he would have usually kept to himself.

His eyes rested on the other as he spoke on, listening to him. Yes he had said he'd be there for the other and he intended to be there even if it didn't seem like it right now. Downing another glance like the sharp man beside him, he could feel his common sense wavering with the rest of his own limitations when it came to speaking to his friend. The other had already hit that point or at least one that allowed his tongue to run like a sharpened blade against Mae's skin. "Its not entirely impossible" he spoke, eyes on the other as he gave that sharp laugh of his. It stung him as he looked away before looking at Roy fully- eyes focusing on the other's lips as he spoke about himself rather harshly. For some reason, he didn't want to hear the other say that and decided to scoot over and put an arm around the other in what seemed to be a friendly gesture. His eyes going to the other's eye level as he looked at him. "How could I forget you?!" he spoke a bit louder than before, that was until he had dropped his tone and pressed his forehead to the side of the other's face. His cold glasses pressing softly into the other's cheek as he eyed him. "I'd never want to forget you..." he spoke, breathe heavy with alcohol as he 'pecked' the other's cheek. He was drunk right? No need to take this as an advance or anything...

Roy gazed down at his drink and realized it was nearly empty. When had that happened? He grumbled lightly when Maes claimed that he wouldn’t forget him, and his doubts were only wiped away when he felt the warm flesh of his friend against his own. Roy’s eyes, already heavy from his drinking, slowly closed as he leaned against Maes. In any other situation, he would have blushed or shoved Maes away, but this was different. He inhaled his friend’s scent, a mix of natural smells combined with soaps or colognes and the rich alcohol on his breath. His body was too foggy to even think about blushing at the tender display.

“I think I drank too much too fast.” He sighed and rubbed his hand over his face. Despite what he had just said, he gulped down the remainder of his drink. “I should get going. I don’t want to piss all over your genius idea.” He stood up, body wavering slightly, and reached into his back pocket to take out his wallet and search for the right amount of money.

Back
Top Bottom