Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the Year 1023... (Frozen Princess x RainK

Goldie nodded with a smile. KC had indeed figured everything out. Goldie expected nothing less from a goddess after all, Greek or otherwise.

They heard Angie yell at April's character, as well as spout off a few more McCoyisms, causing Goldie to shake her head and follow KC. "And let's hope our nothing is everything..." She shut the door behind her in the corridor, but the area of the game Goldie pixelated, returned to normal before any of the others could see the path out.

She frowned, "Uh. KC. Try now." She motioned to the invisible VR glasses in game. "Because, I can see your goggles." She successfully removed hers, and suddenly she was quoting another classic line of literature as her goggles easily came off, and they were STILL in the corridor that seemed part of the game. "Curiouser and curiouser." Not to mention another, which was also in a classic movie. "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." The corridor looked like as Goldie had predicted; something right out of Star Wars! KC could use this to both lighten the mood, and re-center Goldie by reminding her they were never in Kansas to begin with, seeing as they both live in Littleton, Colorado.

Meanwhile, in game, a feline smile came across Catra's face. "Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about! Thank you, my queen, now gimme, err, please." She even did a little excited cat dance, proving more how much the game had messed with their minds.

Robin tutted at cantankerous Angie and clapped her hands for attention. "Thank the good people of Nottingham, my merry ladies, and let us away to Sherwood Forest, where we make plans to rescue our comrades!"

It wouldn't take long for them to reach the campsite and blazing fire. A giant of a man stood with a jovial smile. "Robin! Huzzah, you're still alive! Last we saw you, you were in the midst of battle between the Deputy Sheriff and his lot! Who are these with you? Hold, the queen of the cat people and another princess? However did you manage to convince THEM to join our crusade?"

KC would be wrong, as canonically, Little John was a big man. In fact, because Zara couldn't be any taller than seven feet, she and Little John would literally be eye to eye. Unfortunately, John wasn't a player, as he had no box, but there was no mistaking Little John of Robin Hood mythos.

Despite everything KC closed her eyes and stepped through the door before reopening them when nothing happened and she heard the other girl behind her closing the door. She raised a brow as she looked around before nodding at Goldie and mirroring her as she removed her goggles but nothing changed. She shook her head and crouched down messing with the feeling of where they were as she ran her hand along the ground. "Well I don't know about Kansas but we're def still somewhere digital because while this corridor feels cold and metallic there's something off about it ya know. Like my body knows it's not real or something." She shook her head before standing back up "Yea I'm not sure why you snagged me hun Polly is leagues smarter than me....well in school at least hehe"

Zara raised a brow at the girl while she did enjoy her cute eccentricities this was a bit much, but there was little to nothing she could do about it at the moment given their situation. She held them just out of reach of the smaller woman before smirking "Mmm ah ah not until you've paid for them." She smirked leaning forward with her lips pursed in an obvious desire for a kiss. Once satisfied she would gladly hand them over before joining the other girls and heading into the woods. After a bit of a trek, they found themselves in a well-worn camp with plenty of tents and plenty of people mingling here and there and the largest man Zara had ever met standing right in the center of it all. She raised a brow at him but quickly discovered he was an NPC and she shook her head "Greetings sir Little John and yes she managed to beguile my lovely squire so of course I had to follow along." She chuckled giving a nod to the smaller cat woman.

May glanced up at the call from Robinhood and while she was concerned they were leaving the other two girls behind she was sure the other would find her way back. So after a few minutes of debating she finally decided to head off after the other girls, although not without testing her flail along the way

Goldie nodded. "KC, If I wanted booksmart, I would have grabbed your girlfriend. I need street savvy. Although a working knowledge of science fiction lore would be greatly appreciated, I don't see that as the priority. I've heard how KC, that Mermaid volleyball player, uses her head, like a detective. A Sam Spade, or I guess a closer example might be Ace Hart if you saw Dog City. You study your surroundings. You just did, by describing how your body is still reacting to a digital world even though we're seeing this without our VR goggles. I'm sure I picked the right smart person to get to the bottom of this." They continued walking along until they came to two doors. Goldie stopped cold and her eyes bugged out. "Umm, if Polly doesn't know how to read Greek, she wouldn't have been any good. Since you chose to be a Greek goddess... You might understand that, are you reading what I am?" In a language, Greek, only Goldie could have read in real life, but KC could as her character, a sign clearly said Welcome to the Labyrinth of the Minotaur. They were in a maze! The surprise later, would be, the Minotaur would be mechanical, clearly science fiction, instead of mythology.

Catra leapt into Zara's arms, flung her arms around her neck and peppered her face with kisses, before getting her new 'claws' and snapping them in place. "Like a pair of gauntlets. But for cats!" She remarked happily, before following Zara to the camp, foraging here and there, without falling too far behind.

Polly, with her girlfriend off on some side mission with May's girlfriend, she decided it would be best if she just stayed close to May, and followed through, like May, with practicing with her diamond sword.

Little John only grinned, clapping Zara on the shoulder. "Then well met, I say, well met, indeed!" The smile was as warm as any Catra had ever seen, and hardly ever on a man, not even one as kind as her own father.

April cleared her throat, and then in typical Robin Hood fashion, began the meeting and welcomed input from everyone, in fact, she encouraged it. "Ladies and gentlemen, we only have until dawn on the morrow to rescue Friar Tuck and Maid Marian. I implore you to give me plans, routes and entrances into the castle and exits, that give us the best chance of success."

Polly shrugged. Why not use the plan in the novel?" Not realizing, where and how they were, the novel hadn't been written yet. No thunder warned her, and she didn't get outed from the game.

Little John, standing near Zara, turned to Zara and asked, "To what novel does young princess refer?"

April shook her head, it finally dawning on her, Polly didn't get punished. "Queen Zara wouldn't know, but I have an inkling. Probably the one she plans to write of our adventures, Little John. Prithee, princess, explain your plan you seem to think we all already know."

Polly gulped, also realizing her faux pas. "I... Uh... Can only tell you what I remember, err, writing, since I don't have it with me." She then gave a detailed account of Robin having to split the group, and her, Little John and a small party, one with lock picking abilities, go to rescue Friar Tuck and Maid Marian, while the rest run interference and distract the Deputy Sheriff and the guards to allow Robin and her team to escape into Sherwood Forest with the freed prisoners. She left out how in the story, Robin Hood wouldn't just rescue Friar Tuck and Maid Marian, but ALL the prisoners as they were all being held unlawfully, figuring April would do that without giving it a second thought. After all, she WAS Robin Hood!

KC stretched some as she glanced around listening to the other girl talk although as she did she couldn't hide the blush at all the compliments being thrown her way. "Oh hush what can I say when you're surrounded by geniuses and whatever you wanna qualify my best friend as you learn to adapt." She chuckled and followed her on down the hallway stopping to look at anything that caught her interest, but eventually catching up with Goldy in front of the door. She shook her head unable to read what was there, but it was as if the game sensed that and as soon as she was about to say as much the letters shifted and changed until they spoke with clarity at least to her mind. "Welllllllll shit"

Zara groaned happily as she was attacked with affection by the smaller girl scrambling across her peppering her cheeks with sweet kisses the entire time. Zara chuckled her eyes watching the road but always on the lookout for wherever Catra went when she stepped off to forage. Eventually, they settled into the camp she found herself next to Little John with Catra on the other side as they listened to everyone else talk. At the large man's question, she gave a shrug, she did know the story of Robin Hood but it had been a hot minute so she was interested in hearing this plan as well. "Whatever it is I doubt we're just gonna go rushing in there like last time so let's see what's what" She gave a nod to Polly encouraging the girl to continue. Zara chuckled after a moment before leaning into the man once more "I stand corrected seems we'll be making a lot of noise haha"

May settled in on a small stump as she listened to everyone talk about the plans flying this way and that until they got to talking about breaking in and picking locks then she perked up and an exclamation point appeared above her head before her fingers started to work and the words began to form up above. "Ooh ooh me me I can do that, the lock on my tower was magic but that doesn't mean I didn't try getting it open. And if I do say so myself I got pretty good at the whole endeavor." She smiled and nodded her arms crossing and a series of burglary emojis emphasized her words up above.

In the corridors of the inside of the virtual world, Goldie watched KC for a minute, just long enough to no doubt read the sign.Watching her shake her head and finally uttering her explicative, Goldie sighed. "Indeed. Was afraid you were going to say something like that. Looks like we're fighting the boss so they won't have to, maybe I should have grabbed a few more of our friends after all. Like Zara. Too late now." She took a deep breath. "Well, as King Henry the Fifth said in Shakespeare, 'once more unto the breach.'" She opened the door and stepped in, beginning the maze.

Meanwhile, April nodded enthusiastically with a jovial smile. "Of course! Should have thought of it myself!" She glanced at May reading her closed captions since she personally didn't know sign language and needed an interpreter to understand Will Scarlett. "I was hoping you'd volunteer. If nothing more, just to keep an eye on me, like you swore." She said with a laugh. "A small party, then. Little John, I'll be needing you for the muscle, we can let our other large friend lead the distraction. Allan A. Dale, I definitely need you in the distraction. Your stories can be best used as part of it." She thought about it and finally picked only two others, including an 'unnamed scribe' to account the rescue for the princess writing their adventures (which she assumed was Polly, due to her blunder). "Let's away to the woods around the castle, and wait for dark." With a quick look around, she said. "And godspeed to us all, my friends, I'll see you on the other side."

Polly gulped. She suddenly remembered why the chapter was 27.The following chapter was Robin's supposed death and Richard finally arriving. "Robin. Please. Don't take an unnecessary risk. Just rescue. You heard the blacksmith. King Richard will be here sometime tomorrow, but after dawn. We just need to rescue Friar Tuck and Maid Marian. Please."

April frowned for the first time since the gang met her. "Princess.Unless you make it an order, I cannot promise that." She stated, hands on her hips.

Polly just shook her head, sadly. She already changed the story once. No use pressing her luck.

"Then, likewise, I cannot promise you I won't take advantage beyond the rescue." A sigh. "Now, off you go. Diversion afore we sneak in."

Her friends would see Polly about to cry, as they started for their fated rendezvous.

KC stood back up shaking her head again before turning her attention back to Goldie and informing her on what the words actually were. She raised a brow at her calm demeanor and then she smirked "Yea well as they say hindsight is 2020." She chuckled some before stretching her arms out over her head and gave the other girl a nod as she entered first this time with KC following after her in quick succession. "Well at the very least we might should have told one of the others, but since the door just closed as soon as I let go of the handle I don't think that's an option." She nodded back at the now-closed and rapidly disappearing door they had just walked through.

Zara smiled at the plan standing tall next to the other overly massive character she turned to him and slammed her hand against his upper arm in a Spartan handshake before she broke off and moved over to those who would be part of her squad. As she did she managed to catch the end of Polly's discussion before the other girl shook her head and stepped back although as she did Zara caught sight of some telltale tears. She sighed, she was shit at this kind of stuff but that's what friends were for especially friends who were her best friend's girlfriend. After a moment she stepped over to the girl and squatted down in front of her so they could be eye to eye.
"I'm gonna assume you've read the original as well." She waited for her to answer before nodding "Well we've already messed things up, plus while she is playing the main character I think she has some sort of power over the story. I mean just look at all the other stuff we've already done that wasn't canon haha." She smiled and patted her shoulder before standing back up "Now then let's get going we've got some noise to make."

May was off following Hood, she was very excited to be trying out her skills and tools she had acquired having managed to snag a set of thieves' tools while they were at the market. Plus at the same time, she was able to follow the girl who seemed to be far too interested in her sisters well being mmhmm far too interested.

As Robin was giving last minute instructions to her part of the team, including asking May what supplies she would need to pick the locks. She didn't see everything everyone grabbed at the market, but mostly because it was hard to miss the princess's very shiny sword that practically glowed, May's new mace, and the cat Queen's new armour.

As the sunset began to happen, Allen A. Dale seemed to know that it was time. He tuned his lute, nodded once to Zara and strolled out of the cover of Sherwood Forest, strumming it and singing the praises of the little Hamlet of Nottingham. He immediately got a following.

As a bunch of guards tried to start breaking up the crowd, Catra and Cinderella were next out of hiding, Cinderella jumping on a guards back, and Catra defending Allan A Dale, both her clawed gauntlets and her own fangs glinting in the waning light.

It was starting, time to distract the rest of the guards posted near the door, so Robin and her team could sneak in and to the dungeons to pull the rescue.

May waved her off quickly flashing the set of toys she had picked up all the little sticks and spindles one needs to break a lock were sticking out through her fingers. She smiled and some text appeared above her head as her fingers quickly signed. "Not to worry I managed to break a few locks open with just a fork using actual tools should be a breeze."

Zara stood up and gave the bard a nod as he made his way from the woods onto the road and soon enough had a small crowd around him. Zara waited until she was sure the guards were properly distracted before letting loose the next two girls. And then finally when they decided to call for back up that was when she herself entered into the fray slamming her mace into a guard before sending another one flying the whole time letting loose a ferocious war laugh.

Back
Top Bottom