Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Games You Wish Were Westernize/Localize or Remade

Tazreale

Architect of Worlds
Basically games you want or hope to see a remake of or brought over if there were never done so in the first place. I can think of a few personally on my end.

Langrisser series. There are a lot of these. These are basically the RTS of Fire Emblem. Which Fire Emblem and Langrisser both took ideas from one another. Unfortunately 1 and 2 were later ported over to Steam but they took away the classic sprites of battle and made the sprites a bit more cartoony which I hated. Plus they took away some things in the Langrisser remake like the option to actually choose your starter class from a Q&A(which gave you more options as each class only had certain paths to level.)

Front Mission (5?) I can't remember, there was one that was a Japanese only release that never came to the West. (Doubtful in seeking remake, I haven't even seen any Front Missions imports on Steam)

Valkyrie Chronicles (I forgot which one it was, but it was the one with the #Numbers or where you play as the underdog/outcast group that were basically a suicide squad.)

Then the Yakuza samurai game. Yea... The Yakuza samurai game that never got an import to the West but all the other Yakuza games did in that series. ;/ (Here is still hoping for that one at least.)

Every non-English title in AliceSoft. The people that made Sengoku Rance and Big Bang Age and such. Some titles, like those two, have excellent English-translations. Rest are games from a bygone era.

Kiddos if you don't know what those are don't look it up...

I think it was Front Mission 2, which has a 90% done fan translation that's been years in the making but never completed due to the script needing some tricky coding to work. The first two games are getting remade and I hope they keep the tactical aspects in them, action wasn't the way.

Let's see... Persona 2 could use a remaster and a proper version of Eternal Punishment since it's stuck on a dead console and never had a proper release. I could say the same for SMT 1, 2, If, the Devil Summoner games as well as Devil Survivor 1/2. All entries that, while great, never got the recognition they deserved for being some of the best RPGs on their respective consoles.

Xenogears desperately needs someone to fix Disc 2 by adding the cut content, for such a gem of an RPG the latter half felt slightly underwhelming and really bloated from a story-telling perspective.

Also, there's no reason why in 2022 one of the greatest horror franchises out there (Silent Hill) should still unavailable via digital releases on next-gen hardware. Silent Hill 2 is IMO one of the best games ever made and one I openly simp for. Then you remember that Konami hates all its' franchises outside of YGO and everything becomes clear.

I think it was Front Mission 2, which has a 90% done fan translation that's been years in the making but never completed due to the script needing some tricky coding to work. The first two games are getting remade and I hope they keep the tactical aspects in them, action wasn't the way.

Let's see... Persona 2 could use a remaster and a proper version of Eternal Punishment since it's stuck on a dead console and never had a proper release. I could say the same for SMT 1, 2, If, the Devil Summoner games as well as Devil Survivor 1/2. All entries that, while great, never got the recognition they deserved for being some of the best RPGs on their respective consoles.

Xenogears desperately needs someone to fix Disc 2 by adding the cut content, for such a gem of an RPG the latter half felt slightly underwhelming and really bloated from a story-telling perspective.

Also, there's no reason why in 2022 one of the greatest horror franchises out there (Silent Hill) should still unavailable via digital releases on next-gen hardware. Silent Hill 2 is IMO one of the best games ever made and one I openly simp for. Then you remember that Konami hates all its' franchises outside of YGO and everything becomes clear.
You mean FM5? I had to google, Scars of War never got US release sadly. There is fan translation though done, but. Not sure how well recieve that topic is on here, so will not delve too deep there.

I would like to see Persona 3 done again or the actual added version with Female lead in it. It was only on PSP I think, but they never imported it over to steam which is odd as they did all the other Persona games so far. Maybe 2 will get remade as well, Atlus been doing a lot of porting.

Didn't know that on Xenogears, then again never played it much. That was a pretty big game in itself. If I am thinking same one with long ass cutscenes. Or well.. Xenoblade Saga? Probably not same. Actually not googling it I don't think I am thinking of Xenogears/blade. Ugh.. What was that game. I think it was triology and had long cutscenes and you were mostly in space. ;/ My mind is blank here. All I remember is cyborg/robot named Cosmos, Kosmos, or something like that.

Basically games you want or hope to see a remake of or brought over if there were never done so in the first place. I can think of a few personally on my end.

Langrisser series. There are a lot of these. These are basically the RTS of Fire Emblem. Which Fire Emblem and Langrisser both took ideas from one another. Unfortunately 1 and 2 were later ported over to Steam but they took away the classic sprites of battle and made the sprites a bit more cartoony which I hated. Plus they took away some things in the Langrisser remake like the option to actually choose your starter class from a Q&A(which gave you more options as each class only had certain paths to level.)

Front Mission (5?) I can't remember, there was one that was a Japanese only release that never came to the West. (Doubtful in seeking remake, I haven't even seen any Front Missions imports on Steam)

Valkyrie Chronicles (I forgot which one it was, but it was the one with the #Numbers or where you play as the underdog/outcast group that were basically a suicide squad.)

Then the Yakuza samurai game. Yea... The Yakuza samurai game that never got an import to the West but all the other Yakuza games did in that series. ;/ (Here is still hoping for that one at least.)
You probably already heard/read it but...

On another note, I would love to see a ps4/5 Xenogears remake. Parasite Eve too.

You probably already heard/read it but...

On another note, I would love to see a ps4/5 Xenogears remake. Parasite Eve too.
Ah, thanks haven't heard really. Sadly February is a long way away.

I think I played Xenogears before, but never beat it.. If it was the series that had the long animations than anything else in it...

Remaking DMC3 with DMC5's combat style, engine, and graphics would be dope as fuck.

Also, selling Red Dead Redemption 1's entire story as DLC for RDR2; I'd buy the hell out of that if they merged the gameplay and graphics of RDR2 with the story of the first game.

Back
Top Bottom