Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Just A Shift Away (DC RP, Knight & Hocubed)

KnightofLight

Super-Earth
M'iraan M'orzz was a young Martian. Well, depending on how you defined young. They were in their early twenties by human standards but they had lived for much longer than that. It was a difference in Martian biology but J'onn had explained everything. Now they were being introduced to a new team. They were tentatively called the Titans and had formed under the banner of Nightwing. A number of heroes and heroines were apparently were being brought under the banner of these Titans which was a great opportunity for them to get used to more people. They'd spent such a long time just reaching out telepathically to get a feel for people rather than just meeting them and talking. It was something that they were happy to do for a change.

M'iraan, or just Miran in human tongue, walked into the room where a number of people were hanging out. They were smiling as they entered. Miran was currently in the form of a slender but attractive human woman. Currently they were about 5'11" with strawberry blonde hair that was quite long. Their eyes were a wonderful emerald color as they smiled wide. Their clothes were rather plain by most standards with a blue shirt, crimson jacket, and a flowing skirt that matched their shirt. It was a strange look all told but it wasn't that weird when you considered Miran was a Martian. Reaching out to the minds around them they couldn't help but smile. The idle conversation that followed wasn't too abnormal. They got along quickly with Nightwing as well as Kid Flash. Zatanna was certainly interesting to them too but there was a mind not so close that they were paying some attention to.

A mind that seemed focused to some degree on keeping themselves under control. Whoever they were and they made a qualified guess based on what Nightwing told them about who wasn't there at the moment. Miran was intent on meeting everyone they could but they did show off some of their powers. Shifting was the one people found the most amazing. With each passing moment Miran became Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, and even Plastic Man showing off for everyone with a broad smile on their face. Just sensing the genuine joy of every person in the room was excellent. They kind of fed off it as they flew and spoke to everyone around them.

Eventually however, they reached out mentally to the mind elsewhere in the Titan headquarters.

Hello! I hope you don't mind but I could sense you and I did want to at least say hello and introduce myself to everyone on the team. My name is M'iraan. What's yours?

Telepathy was basically second nature to M'iraan as they spoke mentally to the other person in the building while vocally speaking with the rest of the team.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos...

Words uttered not only to draw Raven's mystical power, but also to suppress the darker reaches of her Power courtesy of her father. A cry of battle yet a rhyme of mediation. A blessing and curse. An apt summary of who and what Raven could be summarized as. She had a noble heart, but with cursed blood running through her veins. The magical powers that could be virtually unrivaled in this world came at the cost of her father, Trigon's constant tugging at her soul.

Let me out. Let me out.

She could almost hear his graveled demonic voice in the silence of her room. But it wasn't his voice, as he was trapped in whatever oblivion he was sealed in all those ages ago. Somewhere inside Raven. Thus, it was a feeling in the dark that she could almost sense Trigon is still with her. While in silence, her father grew restless and loud, likely disturbed by the peace that surrounded his daughter. Raven's words of mediation to ward off her focus on such distractions. It was, in her opinion, crucial. So despite there being a new Titan joining them, Raven chose to remain in her room. She was never one to be social, anyway.

Yet in the middle of her mediation she heard not her muttered mediation hymn, not her father's demands, but a new voice.

Hello! I hope you don't mind but I could sense you and I did want to at least say hello and introduce myself to everyone on the team. My name is M'iraan. What's yours?

Raven clenched her teeth. Her mind was not a good place to be in for various reasons. She didn't like this, certainly not for M'iraan's safety. Raven's response came swift, her emotions controlled but certainly giving the impression of the cold shoulder.

My mind is not a good place to be in. You should leave.

M'iraan could feel the intense focus without even going into her mind. She really was something else it seemed like. He reached out to communicate with her and he could feel her almost pushing back. Perhaps it was instinct. When she replied she told him that her mind wasn't a good place to be. He scratched his head at that one. The conflict within her was obvious to him. He didn't need to go into her mind to sense there was a sliver of something more. He couldn't describe it or even say what it was. All he knew is that it was there and she wasn't happy that it was. Not that he was going to exorcise it either. It wasn't his call to make.

I'm not in your mind. Talking like this is more like sending mental text messages. I can't see in to your head any more than you can see into mine. I respect your privacy.

He paused causing one or two people around him to raise their eyebrows at him. A few discussion happened with them while he spoke mentally.

Putting that aside, should I simply come speak to you in person? I would not like to end the day having not met everyone.

"Is she always that cold?"

Dick was the first one to chuckle.

"She's got a lot going on but she's one of the most reliable and steadfast people we have. More empathetic than you'll ever know. Just don't think she's going to admit it."

A few of the others chimed in painting a picture of a true comrade but one who often worried about everyone else around her more than herself. That the demon within, as they called it, would be released. He'd heard the concept of inner demons. Whatever she was struggling with he felt an urge to help her with it but doing so would be rather odd. They had only just met. He rubbed his chin as he waited for a response from her to decide how he wanted to proceed.

Back
Top Bottom