Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Me & Luna) Insane is an Understatement [D.N Theme]

Light Yagami_KIRA

Super-Earth
23776702_1185197789_6.jpg

They called him a murderer, criminal, serial killer. They thought he was crazy, insane for doing what he did. Insane huh? Insane was an understatement, but you could never go right up and say that to his face. Unless you wanted to die of course, and depending on his mood or how bad he took the insult, the death would either be quick and painless or slowly and painfully..He wasn't one you would mess with, anyone who crossed him always got the worse end of it, and if they didn't at first, he would devote his time in making sure they paid sooner or later.

Light Yagami was the name of this man but only a few people know who is was in secret. Kira, the so called New God of the world. The one who killed criminals day after day because he thought he was upholding justice. It was his goal to eliminate the wicked, to create an new world free of crime. He was entrusted, no, he found an unknown power that gave him the ability to kill anyone as long as he had a face, a name, a pen, and a special note book. Death Note it was called, a power known only to a shinigami, a god of death. The Note Book even came with instructions for the one who first picks it up, stating specific rules and how to kill. Anyone would think it was a prank at first, but there is just something about the note book that makes a human want to try it at least once. Though after the first time of revealing its power the user gets rid of it. That wasn't the way for Light, no, he used it to complete a goal and dream he's had for so long. The dream of rebuilding the world into a utopia where he rules over as God.

This man devoted his life, his own soul to achieve his goal, but many obstacles laid ahead in his creation. There were those out there who didn't believe what he was doing was justice. They thought it was evil, inhumane, and so they devoted their own life to stop him at all costs. He was so close, already eliminating one of the major problems that kept him from being God, all he had was one more game to play, one more puzzle to solve. But it ended in failure! No! It wasn't his fault, everything on his end was perfect, he just misunderstood his own proxy. He didn't think the male would go against his orders and do things on his own without his consent! That is why he failed, because he had to rely on others at the time, and all they did was prove to be worthless, pathetic. It was obvious now he couldn't have others help him, he had to do it on his own, but would be get a second chance or was it all over for him?

On January 28th Kira was caught and apprehended but instead of sending him to death or a prison, the task force talked it over and decided on sending him where he truly belongs, an insane asylum. Kira wasn't just a murderer, he was crazy, mad with power and it just kept getting worse, festering inside of him to the point of insanity. It could of been all the stress, or he just couldn't handle the power he was given, maybe both. Either way he was stripped of his powers and sent to be locked up under high security in a insane asylum where he would live the rest of his life like a caged animal..Or would he?..

Light was located in the back part of the asylum, where the most dangerous people go. He was behind a big metal door with the numbers 666 embedded on it. They chose this number as a joke and also because they thought it that went along with his personality. On the side of the door was a small screen along with keys under it so that one had to type in a password just to open the door. They didn't know Light was Kira because the task force kept that secret all they warned was he was dangerous and should be locked up. He was labeled as insane, yes, but he could also appear calm and collected, even normal, but he was a manic depressant, one second completely normal, the next a psycho path, that is why he needed to be under high security at all times.

The room he was in was like a normal bedroom in a way but plain. He had a toilet, sink and a bed, but nothing else. At shower time he went in alone with the guards outside until he finished. Light had to wear a band on his ankle that beeped if his temper reached a certain point. He was constantly given a pill to keep him calm but of course he never took it it. He was able to keep himself normal, but there were times he just snapped. He had to be monitored whenever he was allowed to be with the other patients but he wasn't monitored in his room, that was the only place he had full privacy to himself. Light was treated no different then a prisoner, his treatment was different from the rest, but still, better to know you were safe then being surrounded by the ones you've been killing for years, how ironic would that be.

Light was sitting on the bed wearing a simple long sleeved black shirt and black lose pants, no shoes, no socks, nothing else. He didn't even have his watch, that was one of his prized possession and it was taken away as well. His eyes looked forward thew his bangs because his head was lowered. It would appear he was sulking in his failure but he was also trying to come up with a plan. He's been in this place for about a month now but so far hasn't come up with one idea of how to escape.

"Uh..This is boring, there's nothing to do here.." Light's fingers fiddled with the chain on his left wrist that connected him to the wall. The chain was long so it gave him moving room but he could go no further then the line on the floor that left about 5 feet of room by the door encase someone entered and he decided to attack, but once they crossed the line he could reach them, that might come in handy later. "Shut up Ryuk..This is your fault also.." Light said turning his head to look at the creature that was only visible to his own eyes. "How is it my fault?" Ryuk asked looking confused. "If you would of let me use your Note Book then I wouldn't be in this damn place!! I have to suffer, and so do you.." Light crossed his arms and closed his eyes. "Just be patient..I'll think of something, and when I do, I'm going to exact my revenge on everyone involved!" Ryuk laughed. "I hope your right about that."

wall_70626c1.jpg

There was nothing that Luna could do to get out of this one. She had chosen to be the best at anything she did when it cane working at the assylum. She was a good nurse and a good therapist. Depending on her boss, she'd be assigned to either or. But this was both. Apparently, she had to be both when it came to this certain particular man. It probably had something to do with the fact that they were short on hands these days. It was a budget cut, they said. She lost a few friends during that time. Friends that made her job that much easier.

She needed the extra money her superior was giving her for this one particular job. Had she not, she would have said no. It required overtime and three hour sessions three times every twenty four hours. She also had to give him his medicine and make sure he'd take it..through a needle or a pill. Sometimes she'd even have to bring him food herself. So, in total, she'd be working thirteen hours a day. The sessions would only last till a month, depending on the mans cooperation. She thought it was thirty days too many.

This would also be her first job working with someone in the back of the facility. Usually those didn't have any hope of ever returning to sanity, but she was told this one was different. That the police had requested this particular area for this particular man. They didn't even know if he was really THAT much of a threat. There was days he would snap, but who wouldn't? If she had to spend everyday in a cell with no human interaction, she'd go crazy herself. He was allowed no visitors, no nothing until the end of the year. It was almost sad.

The twenty one year old nurse felt bad for him, but she couldn't let that interfere with her line of work. She looked at her clipboard. Her first concern was that he talked to himself...apparently he had an imaginary friend from what they saw in the cameras. Then it was his temper. But other than that..he seemed normal. Like the police over reacted. She watched him for a little while, and he seemed like a normal guy. Seemed. She would have to begin asking him who he talked to. Imaginary friends seemed to be the easiest problem to solve for her.

She took her clipboard and slowly began walking towards the high security area. It always had that strange feeling. Like you were being watched by something. She was always extra sensitive to things like that. Usually, if the feeling was bad enough she wouldn't be able to even sit still in the room. She'd leave, or urge the others to go with her. Her eyes lowered when some security guards smiled at her. It wasn't the smile that is the friendly co worker smile. It was vulgar. She wasn't one to sue for sexual harassment though, and they had made no inappropriate gestures so she let it go.

When she got to the room with the numbers "666", she felt uneasy. The kind of uneasy that made your stomach turn. She had to shake the feeling off. She would not let her hypersensitivity get in the way of her job. The guard at the door punched in the keypad code for her, but she had already memorized the number. The door buzzed and she opened it, then opened the second door that was locked by thumb print recognition. When she saw him in person, he seemed even more normal. She cleared her throat, that uneasy feeling still inside her and smiled.

"Good morning Mr. Yagami. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Luna Shikimori. I will be your nurse and therapist. From now on, I will see you three times a day, for three hours. Sometimes, I'll bring you food. Sometimes, I'll watch you take your sedation pill. If you refuse I'll have no choice but to inject you. We can do these sessions with you strapped to your bed or moving around freely. It is all up to you." The smile never left her face. She didn't want to upset her patient, after all.

Light stopped messing with his chain and jerked his head toward the door when he heard it being opened. Lets see it has been about 6 hours since the door was last opened, maybe he could find a pattern. He looked to one that entered, it was a girl..His gaze dropping down to see if she was behind the line. Unfortunately she was so he couldn't reach her. A shame too, she was just a woman so using force would definitely of been solution to escape, oh well there was always next time.

His gaze went to look at her again hearing her words he narrowed his eyes and looked away. Who was she to tell him what he was going to do. She could shove the pill down her own throat for all he cared, and he would be happy to volunteer. "Whatever.." He looked at her from the corner of his eyes, secretly looking her over thoroughly. She was shorter then him and small, she looked younger as well, not to mention weak, perhaps he could put a plan in motion now that he knew she would be coming three times a day.

"Light.." He turned his head to look at her once more. "My name is Light. Don't call me Mr. Yagami, that is how my father was addressed before he died.." Light looked away with lowered eye brows sounding as if he was almost sad, but if anyone knew him well enough they'd know he was just putting on an act to get inside her head.

"I don't see the point in taking those pills. I seem calm to you don't I? Its really just a waist of time. I'm not like them." He looked at her and pointed to the door as if he was talking about the other patients. "I don't need medicine. I'm not mentally unbalanced and I'm not traumatized. I wasn't an abused kid and I didn't experience anything drastic that would of made me schizophrenic. And I sure as hell wasn't born that way either.." He sighed and crossed his arms. "Me being here is a complete mistake, but I'm sure its nothing you would ever understand.."

She sighed. Obviously he was one of the types that think there was nothing wrong. She'd begin there. She pulled up a chair and then crossed her legs. "Light..I have been told that you experience fits of rage for no apparent reason...Do you remember these fits?" If he was aware of them, then she'd have to rule out multiple personality disorder. They weren't quite she what his mental illness was. How kind of the police task force not to tell them how they should go about treating him. No sickness meant no therapy. She looked him up and down, seeing nothing but an ordinary man. But she knew he was here for a reason, and she'd get to the bottom of it. It was her job, and she wanted to help him.

That was funny, usually when she dealt with patients it took her a while to get inspired to help them. If he was a man on the street she would deem his as attractive, someone she would want to know. He was her type sort of. It was a shame that there was something wrong with him...

She shook off the thought. That was unprofessional. She let her mind wander and she ended up thinking about how attractive he was. That wasn't good. She had never thought of any of her patients that way. Why was he different? And then there was that awful feeling in the room. There was something wrong with him and it was best to distance herself emotionally from him. She felt bad...so bad...

Light sighed and laid back on the bed with his arms behind his head. "You'd be pretty pissed off too, if you were forced to be here with all these other nut jobs. I can't play a decent game of chess with anyone without them throwing the pieces around..Its boring here, there is nothing to do. If I am insane, its because I'm cooped up here in this godforsaken place." He closed his eyes with an irritated expression.

After some time he opened his eyes and looked at her again. "Three times a day, right? All you do is give me my medicine and food during those times? Am I allowed to ask for company? Its hard enough being in this room with no one to talk to but myself.." Ryuk looked at him. "Hey!" Light closed his eyes to stop from laughing. He then opened his eyes once more.

With another sigh Light leaned up from the bed and sat on the edge. "No one has any idea what I went threw. They just assume I'm insane. Whatever.." He rubbed his forehead. "So besides having to come here for work reasons, can you entertain me on the side?" He could tell this girl was slightly cautious so he had to work slow and attack when the time was right. First he had to become friends with her, just like he did with L before he killed him.

She crossed her leg and listened to his responses. They were normal, typical responses that a normal person would say. But there had to be something wrong with him and she wouldn't be getting out of this if she didn't figure it out. She took notes on his behavior, making sure she made accurate observations. She would go over this later. "Three times a day for three hours." She corrected. It was a little inhuman, she'd practically be living here. Seven am to ten am. Twelve pm to three pm. Five pm to eight pm. She sighed. "I don't know about entertaining you..But I'll definately be keeping you company. Now..tell me something else." She paused, hitting her clipboard a few times with her pencil. She had to come up with another question. Something that wouldn't upselt him.

"In the serveilance cameras, they show that sometimes you talk to yourself. Do you have a friend in here, or do you just mumble to yourself?" Everyone was guilty of talking to themselves at one point. However, if he told her he had a friend then that would be something that needed to be set straight. She purposely didn't say imaginary in case he assumed she saw him too.

Back
Top Bottom