Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

WhatsThat's Quest for A Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatsThat

Moon
So I find myself making my first roleplay search thread on this forum. Of course a couple problems arise while sitting here thinking of what to put exactly. I can never really hammer all my wants, turn offs, and such out into a nice and easily digestable list like others seem to be able to do so easily. I guess thats just not me, the whole nicely compiled list thing. A list will be made, don't worry about that. Its just not going to be as big and complete as some other people make theirs.

Some people find that frustrating I understand, but I'm honestly a very patient and open minded person about alot of stuff. If some roleplay catches your eye but isn't defined clearly enough for you feel free to ask about it and I'll try to flesh it out a bit more. Another important thing to note is I'm basically tapped out for plots. A sad message to put out there in this sort of thread but like I'm trying to be honest here. I am up for trying to develop new ideas or plots though or just general brainstorming. Before someone may ask, no I don't do yaoi roleplays. Its just not my thing.

Some facts about me
~ Male: 24 years of age
~ Currently in college: Psychology/Sociology (Major/Minor)
~ RPing Time: going on 9-10 years now.
~ Enjoys: Science Fiction & Fantasy novels, Roleplaying. Martial Arts, action films, videogames, and surfing. I can keep doddling on but eh, why bother.
~ Straight - (I've seen alot of people put this up here, so why not.)
- The fastest way to contact me is through AIM, and PMs. PM me first please for my S/N

I'll do pretty much anything character wise
- Males/Females ~ Check
- Elves/Dwarfs/Monsters/Dragons/Demons/Ninjas/ect (lets call this the cliche section)
- Comic/manga/anime/movie/television characters (Both Cannon and OCes)
- Dominant characters for the most part, though submissive ones aren't out of the question.
- Have a character request you'd like me to try for or roleplay , maybe something thats not listed here? Lemme know and I'll give it the best shot I can.

Genres ~ Open to alot of different ideas (In no particular order of prefrence).
- Anime/manga inspired ~ I've seen plenty of anime and am a fan, and yes I read manga. That doesnt mean I've seen everything thats out there. By all means feel free to ask if I'm familiar with a series or not.
- Cyberpunk
- Fantasy
- ShadowRun (Bit inexperienced with the actual table top game, only familiar with the ooollddd games for the SNES and Genesis. It was enough to whet my appetite and want more though)
- Military/Action
- Science Fiction (I do lots of different veins of SciFi, just be a little specific on what you want to do: be it original or based off a series/book/show/ect.)
- School setting - Found that I've never really done one of these before and thought, why the hell not?
- Book inspired - I havent read every book despite loving to read. Thats a big DUH! right there....But by all means throw out ideas from books if ya want to. Just be prepared to do a little hand holding if need be.

If there is a type of roleplay you want to ask me about thats not listed here, please feel free to do so. I'll generally try anything once just to see if I enjoy it.

Authors I'm Familiar With
Kim Harrison
William Gibson
Michael A. Stockpole
Anne McCaffrey
Aaron Allston
Tom Clancy
Brent Weeks

Cravings
- Star Wars ~ Something from the EU (Expanded Universe) or set during the Old Republic/Rebellion.
- Bleach
- Naruto ~ I've plenty of experience roleplaying many of the established characters from the series and OCs to boot. I'm only lacking in way of plots at the moment.
- X-Men ~ Like I need to say it? Its the X-Men. Though something about a school of superpowered mutants would be nice instead of a sole focus on fighting supervillans and the like.

What I Want From A Roleplay
Roleplaying is one of my favorite passtimes and has been for years now. I don't ask for a whole lot from those I may be involved with in a roleplay save for a few things. Other than my roleplay partner(s) to enjoying themselves along with me I love detail. You can go over board to a certain extent, but help paint me a picture with words. Help me feel what your character is experiencing..:3
I usually shoot for 3-4 paragraphs in a response but I've been known to go well beyond that. I ask for something similar from my partners but understand writer's block is a reality and that sometimes not being able to come up with anything at all. For a while even. I'm a patient person and don't have a posting requirement but I'd like to at least hear from those that would roleplay with me around once a week if at all possible. Even just a little PM or IM over AIM to let me know you've been delayed or have lost interest would be appreciated. Life takes priority for myself and I try and extend the same understanding to others. Delays can be both unanticipatted and expected, heck thats part of life and its something I understand rather well given my recent medical ordeals.
If you've lost interest in a roleplay or are bored please tell me. I'd extend the same courtesy to you as well, especially if I was no longer enjoying myself

-Edits coming as needed or as I think of something that shoulda been put in here- :roll:

Re: - Insert Interesting Title Here-

Heya! I'm also interested in a Star Wars RP set in the Old Republic. Would 400-600 BBY sound good or would you want to set it prior to that?

Re: - Insert Interesting Title Here-

I could be interested, though it'd depend on the plot. I'm a bit of a closet Star Wars geek, though I loathe to admit it in public. On the internet is fine of course. Seriously it would depend on what you want to do plot wise. I'm kind of burnt out on roleplaying Jedi constantly and want to branch off a bit more from the superheros of the series and get into something more..Uh how to put it? More mundane but still interesting? Something like a smuggler of a fighter pilot would be a nice break.

Doesn't mean I'm unwilling to do a Jedi mind you.

Tired, drained, bored, and fighting a cold.
Still, I should put some roleplaying samples up eventually. Doubt that'll get more interest from this thread though.
Yah don't mind me, being sick puts me in a sullen mood.

I have a huge list of pairings from various series' if you'd be up to looking through and seeing what might interest you?

Feel free to send em in a PM. I've read quite a bit of manga and seen a wide selection of anime.
A wide variety of series as well. Kinda assumed you meant anime/manga from the get go. Prolly meant something else but I'm still interested either way.

Could easily do Naruto as I'm very familiar with the series, just let me know what your favorite pairing is and we'll see about getting something going.
Also, are you at all familiar with Laurel K. Hamilton's works at all? Big brownie points if you are.

Not familiar with their work, sorry.
As far as pairings for Naruto go..? Don't really have any preferred ones or favorites, though I've done a number of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom